Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- aviva meriam said Recently two women in the neighborhood of an age w...
- iamlucky13 said “Cardinal Dolan thinks social services is th...
- VexillaRegis said Thanks, dear Fr.! Are you a Monty Python fan by an...
- Father Zuhlsdorf said Not a rabbit hole at all! As a matter of fact it...
- goodone121 said You forgot to put in the newer translation.
- Kathleen10 said The other day Cardinal Dolan stated that the missi...
- wmeyer said A new low, and yet, not so much of a stretch.
- VexillaRegis said Domum! An important word in “Life of Brian...
- Elizabeth D said Their last time around I was walking home from chu...
- some_guy_on_the_street said … perhaps, I should ask, overarching?
- some_guy_on_the_street said What is the dominant Theme in this picture, I wond...
- Charles E Flynn said When will the 1960s be over?
- SKAY said Thank you for the link Michael St Michael. It is v...
- acardnal said LAX.
- jameeka said Thank you, Father Z–this is fascinating.
- Elizabeth D said kimberley jean: yes!
- kimberley jean said Is this the priest that was in the mountain hermit...
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – DX SUCCESS! | therasberrypalace said […] Source: CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday –...
- VLL said I remember we have very well respected saints who...
- Midwest St. Michael said For those who may be interested: http://www.cathol...
- frjim4321 said “Your statement ‘There is no data-driven pee...
- Massachusetts Catholic said Thank you, Fr. Z, for bringing this to our attenti...
- pseudomodo said “Go home tonight and give your children some...
- SanSan said My first taste of Father Byers……..Prai...
- Liz said I’m so happy about this! He is such a courag...
- Tony Phillips said PS…sorry, that last non-sequitur of a line w...
- Tony Phillips said Frjim4321: I can only speak for myself, but yes, I...
- Good Books in Defense of the Family - Big Pulpit said […] Another Good Pre-Synod Resource in Defen...
- organistjason said The Statement/observation of Dr. Oddie, “thi...
- frjim4321 said “Some years ago homosexuals were pushing for...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- Down with pews! Away with them! (104)
- Same-sex marriages, and then polygamy, and then… (36)
- ASK FATHER: How to talk to other mothers about male only altar service? (34)
- Fr. Blake on “Manliness”. Wherein Fr. Z rants. (33)
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies? (30)
- ASK FATHER: Is it a mortal sin to criticize the Pope? (26)
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences (24)
- Even For Fishwrap a new low (22)
- Another good pre-Synod resource in defense of the family (15)
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio – CONTACT SCHEDULING POST (15)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Nuns On The Bus III: Another tired sequel of the Magisterium of Nuns
- My View For While: Domum
- WDTPRS – 22nd Ordinary Sunday: images of armies
- ACTION ITEM! Getting TLM things for a priest
- WDTPRS – 14th Sunday after Pentecost: healths, hands and the finger
- Confused about Pope Francis? You have company!
- He’s back! Fr. Byers returns from silence
- Diminishing Returns: Feast of the Beheading of John the Baptist
- Another good pre-Synod resource in defense of the family
- Even For Fishwrap a new low
- Same-sex marriages, and then polygamy, and then…
- Huge petition askes Pope Francis for clarity about marriage
- How St. Augustine came to be in Hippo
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- The Bones of St. Augustine
- St. Monnica avoided alcoholism
- ACTION ITEM REMINDER: Birettas for Seminarians
- St. Monnica: “put my body anywhere”
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences
- Pope John Paul – The Pope People Forget To Remember
- ASK FATHER: What documents are needed for us to marry?
- Down with pews! Away with them!
- ASK FATHER: Does a declaration of nullity mean a marriage never existed?
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies?
- My View For Awhile: Drought Edition
- ASK FATHER: How to talk to other mothers about male only altar service?
- Guess what Gospel reading is on the Sunday during the Synod.
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio – CONTACT SCHEDULING POST
- Sept-Nov 2015: Relics of St. Maria Goretti in these USA!
- Fr. Blake on “Manliness”. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: Just Too Cool
Some years ago I posted photos of the Roman firefighters on top of the Pantheon (I shot them from my apartment’s window) as they prepared to drop rose petals through the oculus on Pentecost. HERE It’s a great custom. I … Continue reading
New readers here may not know that The Internet Prayer, which I wrote in Latin a zillion years ago now, has been put into many languages. I have gathered all that I have found onto one page. Some translations have … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I recently obtained several Agnus Dei from Sisters in a traditional, cloistered order here in the U.S. They supposedly procure a smaller amount of the blessed wax from an original Agnus Dei from the pontificate of Pope Leo XIII. … Continue reading
Yesterday was the “month mind” for the late Francis Card. George, Archbishop of Chicago. As part of the “month mind” they raised his cardinalatial hat, his galoro, to the ceiling of the Cathedral. Here is a video from WGN: HERE … Continue reading
For your Just Too Cool file… From CNS: Benedictine nuns make their home on the range By Jim West Catholic News Service VIRGINIA DALE, Colo. (CNS) — Sister Maria Walburga Schortemeyer is at home wading through the mud and manure … Continue reading
A the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, there is a piece you readers of the Fishwrap might want to peruse. The writer points to a sermon recently given by His Eminence Vincent Card. Nichols of Westminster at … Continue reading
Is the revolution beginning? From Church Militant: Hundreds [!]of UK Priests Learn Ancient Rite of Mass Hundreds of priests in the United Kingdom gathered in the city of Bath in England last week to learn how to say the Traditional … Continue reading
This is pretty interesting. Apparently the Italian police have been investigating Our Lord. HERE Police Create Image of Jesus as a Child Using Shroud of Turin, coolComputer Forensics The National Police in Italy have reportedly created a digital image … Continue reading
Today was the annual ceremony for the swearing in of the new Swiss Guards. Imagine what goes through their minds as they swear, with their hands raised in the sign of the Most Holy Trinity, to protect the Roman … Continue reading
Daniel Mitusi occasionally sends me new pieces of art which he has created. This time he sent me his Christo Gloria In Ecclesia. For his site click HERE You may recall that his little daughter has spent quite a bit … Continue reading