- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- OrthodoxChick said What-da-ya mean they need a title for their movie?...
- HyacinthClare said I think my vote goes to unavoceman. At “Do...
- HyacinthClare said I totally agree with NoraLee9. The imagination a...
- Supertradmum said Jesus would have looked like His Mother…and...
- Vecchio di Londra said ‘Sisters Axed’?
- mamajen said This is wonderful news. It’s clear he’...
- eulogos said I only know a few of the FFI and of course do not...
- Vecchio di Londra said @mamajen, Of course prayer is, or should be, a syn...
- Fr Martin Fox said Glennonite asked for advice: “My priest̷...
- Manalive said “Two Thousand Nun: A Bus Odyssey” R...
- lsclerkin said Ok, everyone, This is one of the gazillion reasons...
- Mr. Green said Vecchio di Londra: Matthew 6:7
- paulbailes said Robbie is quite correct (except for the wisecrack...
- AvantiBev said Of course I decry the foolishness of these liturgi...
- Hughie said There are nun so blind…
- danhorse said Love the Fra Lippi painting. Both Jesus and Our La...
- NoraLee9 said I am just floored. The readers have outdone them...
- HighMass said liquidpaw…. You hit the nail on the head! I...
- gracie said I’m at the Met a lot in order to familiarize...
- NoraLee9 said When I saw the borscht juxtaposed with the Chinese...
- Tradster said “We have met the Enemy, and he is us.”
- Jim Dorchak said Please can we bring back the inquisition?
- mamajen said Vecchio, Pope Francis doesn’t want us showin...
- Elizabeth D said I had the opposite problem. I’m never trying...
- Charles E Flynn said The cartoon will not fit on a mug. Perhaps it is t...
- Flavius Hesychius said Catching Fire: One Group’s Journey to Hell
- MacBride said I do not understand German, but from what I make o...
- Vecchio di Londra said Sorry: I meant to write “the fixed, intent g...
- Vecchio di Londra said I agree, they’re strikingly similar. By cont...
- MAJ Tony said Ach, meine augn! Meine augn! Meiiiiiiiiiine auuuu...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- The Feeder Feed: Yes, another XPGF and The Eyes have it
- Cracks in the liberal adulation of Pope Francis
- ACTION ITEM! Help the Nuns on the Bus!
- QUAERITUR: Can I change my voice to fool the confessor?
- Hint: It ain’t Mozart.
- Pope: Curial officials should hear confessions
- ADVENTCAzT 19: 3rd Thursday of Advent – His domain is oecumenical
- Invention to help hearing-impaired make a good confession
- My View For Awhile
- Judge gives relief to Archd. NY against the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- Pat Archbolds’ Open Letter to Pope Francis on Franciscan Friars
- ADVENTCAzT 18: 3rd Wednesday of Advent – religion has dissolved into an emotion, but…
- Pope approves canonization of St. Peter Faber, waiving the usual process
- Fatherless homes a key factor in school shootings, teen delinquency
- 17 Dec: 77th Birthday of His Holiness Pope Francis
- ADVENTCAzT 17: 3rd Tuesday of Advent – The innermost core of the mystery of Christmas
- VIDEO Islamists Attack Towering Christ Statue in Syria, Bomb Monastery
- Must read: Camille Paglia on feminist disrespect for men
- St. David, king, prophet, sinner, penitent – 16 or 29 Dec?
- NEW Z-SWAG: “I am a Self-Absorbed Promethean Neopelagian and proud of it.”
- QUAERITUR: Ember Day coincides with feast day
- ADVENTCAzT 16: 3rd Monday of Advent – hectic commercialism, hushed mystery
- Buy Soap from Dominicans… NOW. No. Really! TODAY!
- Kindle book by Pope Francis FREE today, Sunday [UPDATE: Still not too bad.]
- Peter O’Toole: R.I.P. Fr. Z POLL
- Pope Francis’ new interview: damage control on “trickle down” economics?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS POLL: Did you see Rose vestments on “Gaudete” Sunday?
- ADVENTCAzT 15: 3rd Sunday of Advent – True love calls sin “sin”.
- Pope Francis: Women must not be clericalized!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“The Saints are not supermen, nor were they born perfect. They are like us, like each one of us. They are people who, before reaching the glory of heaven, lived normal lives with joys and sorrows, struggles and hopes. What changed their lives? When they recognized God’s love, they followed it with all their heart without reserve or hypocrisy. They spent their lives serving others, they endured suffering and adversity without hatred and responded to evil with good, spreading joy and peace. This is the life of a Saint. Saints are people who for love of God did not put conditions on him in their life; they were not hypocrites; they spent their lives at the service of others. They suffered much adversity but without hate. The Saints never hated. Understand this well: love is of God, then from whom does hatred come? Hatred does not come from God but from the devil! And the Saints removed themselves from the devil; the Saints are men and women who have joy in their hearts and they spread it to others. Never hate but serve others, the most needy; pray and live in joy. This is the way of holiness! Being holy is not a privilege for the few, as if someone had a large inheritance; in Baptism we all have an inheritance to be able to become saints. Holiness is a vocation for everyone. Thus we are all called to walk on the path of holiness, and this path has a name and a face: the face of Jesus Christ.”
- Pope Francis, Angelus, 1 Nov 2013
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Category Archives: Just Too Cool
Please take a moment to read this.
Wounded soldier delivers ‘the most beautiful salute’
Cincinnati native’s struggling gesture during Purple Heart ceremony stirs up emotions, buzz
As the Purple Heart presentation began, Hargis struggled to move his right hand and lift it … Continue reading
As you know the statue of Our Lady of Fatima came to Rome and returned to Fatima. I was in Rome the last time she arrived. Alas, because I am with a pilgrimage I just missed her this time.
However, it … Continue reading
L’Osservatore Romano has published an article by Don Luigi Testa, an Italian Salesian priest, welcoming the appearance of a Twitter account that posts the words of Venerable Pius XII.
The article appeared on October 9, the 55th anniversary of the Pontiff’s … Continue reading
I’ve always liked Antonin Scalia. I like how his mind works. I even read (most of) his not terribly easy book. From CNS:
(CNSNews.com) – Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia said he believes in the Devil as a living entity, “a real … Continue reading
There is a beautiful tradition for this day (often right at 1200 noon). Once upon a time one could obtain this day a plenary indulgence by reciting the Supplication to the Madonna of Pompeii. The other day for this is 8 … Continue reading
A long time ago now, I wrote a prayer for people to use before they got online and used the internet. Originally in Latin, it has been translated into many languages (sometimes more than once).
My page with all the … Continue reading
Repentant abortionist lays his surgical instruments at the feet of the Pope
On September 20th, during a Papal Audience, a man drew close to Pope Francis, carrying with him a somewhat suspicious looking bag. Inside were half a dozen surgical … Continue reading
I like hearing about people who see a problem and don’t wait for someone else to do something about it.
A parish in Georgia is trying to get a film project going. HERE
Technorati Tags: film, Hollywood, movies
When I hear about the “New Evangelization”, I often wonder when the “Old Evangelization” concluded.
For your Just Too Cool File.
Archbp. Vigneron of Detroit did some sidewalk evangelization!
The group that organizes this is St. Paul Street Evangelization.
“This ministry proudly announces the … Continue reading