Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Sonshine135: I’m sorry, I must have missed the part where they talked about conforming their lives to Christ to gain greater holiness 8230;oh wait, they didn’ ;t. Then it wasn’ ;t...
- surritter: The Companions of the Cross are into the charismati c side of Catholicis m, from what I understand . But I like that one of their priests is also doing the Extraordin ary Form. It̵...
- dlmzdy: Fr. Z, I have also been reading about the Vendee battle, and St. Pius X, as a way to put some perspectiv e on the Church during these challengin g times. I was inspired to design and fly...
- CharlesG: I’m trying to figure out what language is being used in this article. It seems similar to English, but it’s not the Queen̵ 7;s English. More like Leftist Buzzword Bingo...
- MrsMacD: Good grief! https://pb s.twimg.co m/media/BX Q3cToCMAAX Lyr.png https://im agesvc.tim eincapp.co m/v3/mm/im age?url=ht tps%3A%2F% 2Fcdn-s3.s i.com%2Fs3 fs-public% 2Fstyles%2 Fmarque...
- tskrobola: A classic comment section! Lol
- tskrobola: Alex Begin is a good friend and a long time leader on the TLM movement in the Detroit and Windsor Dioceses. He has accomplish ed quite a lot! His “Ext raordinary Faith̶ 1;...
- dbf223: Dr. Janet Smith is generally seen as one of the great orthodox voices defending the ChurchR 17;s traditiona l teaching on contracept ion. She also is on the record supporting speci...
- dbf223: From the Carmelite Rule of St. Albert: “The Apostle recommends silence, since he commands us to observe it while working. And as the prophet testifies: Silence is the service of...
- LarryW2LJ: “It’ s true — together, we can imagine a more inclusive, feminist church into being.R 21; I always thought it was supposed to be about Jesus, and not about us. Oh yeah, that...
- Sportsfan: “Bap tism of child̶ 1;, possible. “chi ld of a same-sex coupleR 21;, impossible . It depends on where you put the quotes.
- Ms. M-S: A family? A father, mother, and their child? Perhaps in the midst of the current insanity we needed a gentle reminder from the past of what’ ;s real and what’ ;s worth preserv...
- JustaSinner: Oh Father, I’d like to imagine them making sense̷ 0;
- johnnys: That guy must have been pretty tired after doing all that dancing. Being the only guy and all. Well… ;maybe not.
- teomatteo: “Kee p shouting. Shout louder. That’s what it means to be a witness.” No. Thats what it means to be a loudmouth or a clanging gong.
- Augustine Thompson O.P.: I hope they read as part of this program my article on why Hildegard of Bingen absolutely rejected the ordination of women: https://ww w.jstor.or g/stable/3 167533?...
- Arthur McGowan: Why should anyone be shocked that bishops are punishing priests for speaking against sodomy? Bishops have long been punishing priests for refusing to commit an act that is a more...
- Charles E Flynn: Meanwhile, the Cistercian s “sch olar on”& #8221; https://ww w.cisterci anpublicat ions.org/P roducts/CS 274P/Every day-Life-a t-La-Trapp e-under-Ar mandJean-d e-Ranc
- Kevin: Actually feminism and Catholicis m do mix… .”So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.̶ 1;
- benedetta: Great commentary , Father. Thanks for the laughs today.
- Anneliese: Reading this with an Old Fashioned in hand brought a giggle to my rather dismal day. It’s also an incredibly frustratin g story as I know this type of stuff happens more frequen...
- jaykay: “Kee p shouting. Shout louder. That’s what it means to be a witness.” No, it means shouting at each other. Or at the traffic. Same result. Dialogue of the deaf. Definitely not ̶...
- Credoh: It wasn’ ;t Archbishop Tartaglia who sacked Fr Morris; it was GCU. Here’ ;s an article for Crux by the Archbishop . I now expect a robust response to GCU… https://cr uxnow...
- Kerry: If one pokes around at the GCU website, don’ t miss the photo of the new, first female (!), chancellor /President . Also on the staff, is an “Equ ality Expeert 221;. (I am not...
- Semper Gumby: “Som e great purpose and design is being worked out here below, of which we have the honor to be faithful servants.& #8221; – Winston Churchill addressing the U.S. Congr...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- What could possibly go wrong? – UPDATED
- YOUR GOOD NEWS… and Washington DC’s new Auxiliary Bishop and key priest at Detroit’s major seminary
- Budding young feminist archeologists
- ASK FATHER: Baptism of child of a same-sex couple?
- BOOK RECEIVED: Why Humanae Vitae Is Still Right!
- What the TMSM is doing with your donations
- Who is behind that “Lovely, drippy, syrupy TLM and vocation video” and how are they being treated?
- ACTION ITEM! Pray for Fr. Morris, victim of the homosexualist agenda
- Are we still trustworthy?
- Lovely, drippy, syrupy TLM and vocation video. Then Fr. Z rants about crying.
- The image of the badge of the Vendée came to mind today
- ACTION ITEM! Spiritual Bouquet for Bp. Morlino
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Garofolato!
- ASK FATHER: Cremains in funeral Mass, Traditional Requiem
- Pontifical Mass in Lake Charles. A brief and yet optimistic rant from Fr. Z.
- The last 10 minutes…
- 17 July 1794: “Permission to die, Mother?”
- 17 July 2018 – 100 years after
- Cobblestones, new vestments, and swag for Zed Heads
- More shallow, angry, cliché feminist rubbish from Fishwrap
- The demographics of church participation are shifting.
- ACTION ITEM! Urgent prayer request for a priest
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “St Swithin’s day if thou be fair…”
- What priests can – with credibility – do in marriage preparation
- French stones and soutanes
- US Association of Consecrated Virgins condemns confusing new rules from Holy See
- ¡Hagan lío! in Poland. Young, and raising hell…. correction… razing Hell.
- WDTPRS – 15th Ordinary Sunday: We can stray off the path to the right or to the left.
- 12 July: Sts. Louis Martin and Marie-Azélie Guérin
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Category Archives: Liberals
A lay reader today alerted me to an opinion cartoon in The Sunday Independent in Ireland. That sad, earthly-enslaved nation repealed by referendum the 8th amendment to their Constitution, which protected the right to life of the unborn. The Constitution, … Continue reading
The other day Pope Francis told the Italian bishops not to admit homosexual men as seminarians. I wrote a post about it HERE. CNA also reported it. Reuters had it.
“If there’s a doubt about homosexuality, it’s better not to … Continue reading
Fallout from the sacrilegious Met “Gay-la” continues.
Today a priest sent a link to an article by Marybeth Hagan at Crisis called “Catholicism and Celebrity Culture at the Met”. He quipped: “a clue to why the New York seminary is emptying”. I … Continue reading
I’ve had lot of email about the recent annual “Correspondents Dinner” in the nation’s swamp. Hence, I had to look at a few video clips of “roasting” which proves that “liberal comedian” is a contradiction in terms.
What struck me … Continue reading
In his preaching and writings, St. Augustine of Hippo (+430) frequently presents Christ as Medicus, or doctor/physician of the soul. Christ heals the ills of man brought upon ourselves by sin. This is hardly a surprise, given that in the … Continue reading
The other day retired liberal SCOTUS Justice John Paul Stevens issued an op-ed in Hell’s Bible in which he argued for the repeal of the 2nd Amendment.
I’ll get to MSW in a moment. Bear with me.
A writer for the WaPo, … Continue reading
I dislike Facebook. I have a page, or whatever you call it, but I don’t like it. I don’t understand why anyone does.
In the last week or so, Facebook (*spit*) has lost some $6 Billion… with a B… of value.
They … Continue reading
A couple of related stories.
Consider this against the background of some clever tweets that are going around. Some wags post side by side images of something traditional and something liberal with the caption, “What young people want… What old people … Continue reading
I was made aware of this by a reader. I happily endorse one idea one priest had while I entirely repudiate a bad old cliché from another.
Castleton symbol of Lent: sand in holy water fonts
Alas, the silly season drags on.
However, … Continue reading
shocking, absolutely shocking
unhelpful admixture of bias and ignorance
binary simplicity of his theological analysis
a 7-year-old’s paint-by-numbers drawing with the collection of the Louvre (followed by, incredibly, “I do not exaggerate”.)
Coarse and hoary!
This is a sample of terms used by Michael … Continue reading
The Three Days of Darkness are underway in LA! (aka Religious Education Conference)
I wasn’t invited.
It might be interesting to have a photopost of your favorite moments.
We can start with the front page, where there is an ad for the … Continue reading
Card. Kasper, ladies and gentlemen. The Gift that Keeps on Giving.
Cardinal Kasper: Homosexual unions are ‘analogous’ to Christian marriage [Sure! Both of them involve carbon-based life forms!]
March 14, 2018 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Cardinal Walter Kasper, whose theology appears to … Continue reading
UPDATED @NCRonline #Fishwrap croons for ordination of women as bishops. Pray daily for their conversion or downfall.
Originally Published on: Mar 5, 2018
The next time the Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) criticizes anyone for having a faithful, conservative understanding of the Church’s discipline or doctrine, point them to this article. The next time writers for the Fishwrap such as Michael Sean Winters or … Continue reading