Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Fr Martin Fox: I was at the March, with folks from Ohio, although I am to wussy to ride the bus all night, there AND back. So, I flew. As it happens, I was at that same parish for Holy Mass that...
- Imrahil: Dear Blas, setting the fact that they weren̵ 7;t actually married and the general problem of treating civilly married people as married aside for a moment, why for all things in the...
- Kathleen10: It is a great feeling, to get out there and do something for God, and that’ ;s what it is and what it feels like. Wonderful experience ! Thank you for going, Fr. Z., I feel treme...
- NancyP: My TSO son is reporting to work today as usual. I think you will get home on time. Sending prayers for safe travels 230;
- Michael Haz: Was the papal aricraft flying ad orientem or do we not know?
- frjim4321: Moving to private email̷ 0;.
- APX: Beach weddings sound romantic and wonderful, but the reality is quite different. My brother and his wife had one. The days leading up to it were ridiculous ly hot so everyone got sunburned and...
- Bea: My daughter was married at Old St. Mary’ ;s Church. She still lives in the area. I wonder if she was there with her husband and 6 children. Haven̵ 7;t talked to her today. I’...
- Fr. Kelly: This may not have been as impromptu as the initial reports have indicated. LifeSiteNe ws is reporting that the couple is quoted in the December 19 El Mercurio (a Chilean Paper) that they...
- frjim4321: just a few … believe me, I know how to do it … [Until someone shows you a better way.]
- frjim4321: Honestly? You call that a martini? Where is the condensati on? Where is the skim of little ice chips floating on the surface? You need me to make you a proper martini. [Okay̷ 0; we...
- RomualdMonk: So much for having a longer marriage prep formation prior to marriage as Pope Francis pushed a few years back as necessary.
- Grant M: This could become a habit: Flight Attendant: “Holy Father, I’m not baptised or confirmed yet.” Pope grabs a bottle of mineral water and a sachet of olive oil from the trolley. In a...
- Charles E Flynn: In 2017, there were no fatal crashes of commercial airliners. And yet, the outstandin g Smithsonia n Channel program, called “Air Disasters& #8221; in the USA and narra...
- Volanges: The article I read said that they approached him and asked him to “ble ss their marriage 8221;. That’ ;s when he asked if they were married in the Church and they explai...
- SenexCalvus: The Pope used the Power of the Keys to heal and sanctify a relationsh ip between a man and a woman in need of God’s forgivenes s and grace. [Is that so?] To effect such healings is the...
- Joy65: “As this story reverberat es ‘round the world, now, deacons, priests, and bishops who try to uphold Church norms fostering values such as deliberate marriage preparatio n, an eccles...
- Ave Crux: @Akita: unlike some other members of the hierarchy who shall remain unamed for the sake of this post, I have said many times in discussion with others, and still believe, that Pope...
- Southern Catholic: PostCathol ic, Twitter wouldnR 17;t need a copyright to database informatio n that is sent and received on the platform it owns and operates. Can you point me to what law...
- Imrahil: I’m really sorry for the inadverten t paste of something I didn’ ;t even intentiona lly copy. (Though I don’ t think it’s a mortal sin.)
- The Masked Chicken: “Is this going to be known as the era of the Avion Popes? The Avion Papacy? Where is our modern day St. Catherine of Siena?R 21; Well, that won’ t be me. Every...
- Traductora: I read just a little while ago that this was actually arranged in advance with a Francis “advisor,” Francis and the couple. I doubt that they had preparatio n or a resolution of their...
- Chuck4247: Thank you for the story behind the Christolog ical Goldfinch. I hadn’ ;t heard it before, in spite of numerous references on this blog.
- tamranthor: So, were I to put my faith in this article, I could, by rights, shoot the author, and then apologize, because while I may have committed murder, I did so out of devotion to the Church...
- tamranthor: I’m quite certain that the Pope ascertaine d that both participan ts were in a state of grace prior to commencing the ceremony. Okay, that’ ;s just snarky, but his behav...
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- My View For A While: Counter March
- #March4Life numbers and Pres. Trump’s words
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 2: Forward MARCH!
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 1: Paintings and plots
- Canonist Ed Peters on the Papal mid-air airplane nuptials
- The Pope marries a couple on the papal airplane. Hmmm.
- Big Business Is WATCHING!
- My View For Awhile: March For Life 2018 Edition
- “The Triumph of Marcantonio Colonna” described
- ASK FATHER: Would anything prevent a priest from always using the traditional formula of absolution?
- 2 Feb – MADISON – Candlemas – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- Card. Müller on authority of Popes, possibility of others correcting contradictory papal teachings
- ASK FATHER: If I remember a sin after confessing, should I interrupt the priest and tell him?
- Slithery misdirection from the National Sodomitical Reporter: Bishops who avoid scandal commit scandal
- An Armenian bishop “ordains” a deaconette
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
- ACTION ITEM! Petition against removal of historic Cross where Fr. Marquette died
- ASK FATHER: We want our children to have reverent Masses. Can we go to the SSPX chapel?
- VIDEO Bp. Athanasius Schneider interview about “Amoris laetitia” Controversy
- ASK FATHER: Should I tell a noisy penitent that we can hear everything said in the confessional?
- Observing the Feast of the Ass – 14 January
- A false #missilethreat is NOTHING compared to this REAL DEATH THREAT
- 14 Jan – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Fr. Murray on EWTN with outstanding commentary on recent developments
- Wherein Fr. Z comments on a @RorateCaeli post about priests, permissions and exorcism prayers. Then @fatherz rants.
- Wherein @MassimoFaggioli tosses another nastygram at the “rigorist” straw man
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Category Archives: Liberals
Recently Pope Benedict penned a short piece for a future re-printing of Card. Sarah’s splendid book on silence.
Predictably, the liberal hate machine has lashed out at Benedict, just as they lashed out at Card. Sarah last year when he suggested … Continue reading
At Akita, Japan, Our Lady is purported to have said:
“The work of the devil will infiltrate even into the Church in such a way that one will see cardinals opposing cardinals, bishops against bishops. The priests who venerate me will … Continue reading
When liberals run out of ideas, they resort to personal attacks. Such is the case of Michael Sean Winters of the Fishwrap. We’ve seen his venom before. HERE and, especially, HERE
Winters doesn’t like the K of C’s politics, and so he attacks … Continue reading
The other day I read about another dreadfully misguided and spiritually dangerous fraud perpetrated in North Carolina, another fake “ordination” of a woman. Women, of course, cannot every be ordained to any of the Holy Orders (that includes diaconate). … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Martin Fox, at his blog Bonfire Of The Vanities, writes today about a Catholic college for the Holy Cross, hence, College of the Holy Cross. He picked it up from NRO.
They are wringing their hands over maybe changing their … Continue reading
A couple times lately, in reaction to a seriously messed up claim (HERE) about downward trend of priestly vocations and how wonderful everything would be if only we could throw off the bad stuff that Vatican II tried to get … Continue reading
Today is the Feast of St. Peter Canisius (+1597), a Jesuit priest and Doctor of the Church. There is a good write up about this great son of Ignatius HERE.
Peter was a great counter-Reformation saint who worked tirelessly in German … Continue reading
In this time of confusion over doctrine and praxis, many people ask me in email what they can do either to maintain equilibrium, or else to “be the maquis”, as it were, and join the resistance against the liberal undermining of … Continue reading
My good friend Fr. Gerarld Murray has a sobering, withering, and yet salubrious piece today at The Catholic Thing, called “Cardinal Sarah and the Innovators”.
Fr. Murray cites idiot statements from Thomas Reese, S.J., and provides his responses while citing His Eminence … Continue reading
One of the worst of the hyper-liberal catholic publications, Commonweal, publishes a regular column by long-time Rome correspondent Robert Mickens.
Many readers here will recall that Mickens loathes Benedict XVI. He lost his job with The Tablet, the UK’s worst catholic weekly, … Continue reading
This is great! Thanks to the folks at the NRA for this great way to start the day.
Let’s make popcorn and watch the snowflakes freak out.
Dana Loesch: We’re Coming For You New York Times
UPDATE 10 April:
A friend in Rome texted me that he had heard that Malta Today retracted the article about Scicluna. I went to look at found this. The story was still indexed, but you couldn’t reach it.
ORIGINALLY Published on: Apr … Continue reading
Pray. Please, pray.
One of the reasons why in today’s LENTCAzT I included a prayer for priests is because I have had emails and other contacts from good, traditionally oriented priests who are being persecuted by their superiors. Even today, I … Continue reading
Over at the Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) the “Wile E. Coyote of contemporary liberal catholicism”, Michael Sean Winters, had a nutty about Card. Sarah’s message to the Summorum Pontificum colloquium in Germany. HERE
He picked on the new ICEL translation a bit, blah blah … Continue reading