Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Ame E.: Father said all the prophets before Saint John the Baptist basically pointed towards the coming of the Messiah. St. John is the only one who said, Ecce Agnus Dei. Here he is. And the...
- Gregg the Obscure: One wonders about the degree to which Fr. Phillips 8217; fate is influenced by recent news about Cardinal McCarrick and the allegation that another current Cardinal knew about...
- TonyO: No law transgress ed but no faculties. Could be that he was doing things which were suspicious …and while not technicall y breaking any law, they have deemed him to be dangerous, unsuita...
- JonPatrick: I attended both the Byzantine Divine Liturgy and the Extraordin ary Form of the Roman Rite which had the same homily, since our bi-ritual priest delivered both. Note that the birth of...
- timpr: Fr. Phillips is a very holy priest who has fallen victim to a great injustice. Countless priests have been falsely accused of wrongdoing when they were innocent of the accusation s made...
- maternalView: This whole fake news thing just makes me roll my eyes. As if that hasn’ ;t been going on for decades. Disinforma tion was par for the course for the Soviets and their minions. No...
- La Serenissima: At the Saturday evening Vigil Mass, our priest, here in Italy, linked the first reading from Jeremiah with Gabriel 217;s announceme nt to Zechariah … that “fro m the...
- maternalView: So wonderful! Close to tearing up as I read this. Inspiring! As laity it’s not to learn to go deeper into our faith too!
- maternalView: As to whether other questionab le issues may have came to light, would it not have been better and even more kind to the parishione rs to perhaps simply said Father will remain with...
- Joy65: Father mentioned about the 3 major birthdays we celebrate in the Church and besides Jesus and Mary , John the Baptist is one of those 3. He also made the point that St. John was the great...
- Fr.JP: No law transgress ed but no faculties. Could be that he was doing things which were suspicious …and while not technicall y breaking any law, they have deemed him to be dangero...
- exNOAAman: One of our (young) TLM priests here wrote a little piece about learning the EF. He said to be a priest and not learning the TLM is like aspiring to be a parking valet but not knowing how...
- iPadre: God bless Father Heilman! Ad Multos Annos! You are doing great work at St. Mary’ ;s.
- Akita: What a beautiful piece of news! Tears of joy are welling up in my eyes. May every grace be Father Heilman’s. Our Lady must be so pleased. Thank you Father Heilman for this magnificen t work...
- Kathleen10: Oh, Fr. Heilman! I’m so happy for you, and so grateful you did this! It is not easy, not at all, it is a challengin g and intimidati ng idea, to learn it, but you obviou...
- Deo volente: Father Heilman has also just put out an app called “MyC onfessor 8221; for iPhones and Androids. He wrote about this yesterday or today. The app allows priests to login and...
- bibi1003: I’ll have to remember to take Reuters 217; reports with a grain of salt. Most people don’ t have the time or inclinatio n to read news from multiple sources to separ...
- RAve: Beautiful. I am choked up. I am also very safe and frustrated that we have been (and in many ways continue to be) denied our patrimony. But at least we have Summorum Pontificum . My OP...
- yatzer: May God richly bless him, and you.
- Charivari Rob: It’s hard to make out, especially since there has been no direct public statement from the Archdioces e. The few places I’ve read about it so far, a majority of the...
- Antonin: @ Ages CORRECT
- LeeGilbert: This decision by His Eminence Cardinal Cupich and the reaction here and elsewhere throughout the Catholic blogsphere seem like a reprise of life in the Church for the past five years....
- TonyO: I am no canon lawyer, but as far as I know the bishop ordinary of a diocese does not have to give a reason for refusing to grant faculties to a priest to begin with, or failing to grant a...
- revueltos67: “The re should really be clarificat ion from the Archbishop as to his reasons. 8221; Clarificat ion: “I am the cardinal archbishop , I do not need to give reasons for any...
- Catholic Roman: There is neither joy nor love in the way Fr. Phillips has been treated by a prelate who is considered world expert on proper interpreta tion of the Joy of Love (aka Amoris Laetit...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- What has the Left been up to? A few examples.
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: ‘Na ciumacata! Daje!
- Your John the Baptist Sunday Sermon Notes
- 30 years a priest, 60th birthday – a priest’s first real Solemn Mass! Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Reuters and @PhilipPullella create fake news, pit Francis against Trump
- Fr. Phillips of @SJCantius will NOT be allowed to return to public ministry after he was exonerated
- Concerning Card. McCarrick
- URGENT UPDATE – Fr. Phillips EXONERATED! UPDATED!
- Dubious dubia about the Dubia
- JUST TOO COOL: SPACE FORCE!
- ASK FATHER: What can the acolyte do and wear?
- Day 1 #ActonU – Getting Started – Days and Deaths
- “Disinformation” and some notes about the World Council of Churches
- Catholic? Why?
- “Perdonamose!” Midsummer Snails, John’s Birthday Feast and You.
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: The South
- Pres. Trump and the Brown Scapular
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Pentecost: “HEY YOU!” *smack*
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Surprise article at Commonweal about participation in the Traditional Latin Mass
- Speaking of Eucharistic Processions…
- WDTPRS: 11th Ordinary Sunday – ‘firmness’ and ‘infirmity, ‘intention’ and ‘action’
- QUIZ: What is this thing? – SOLVED!
- “The finest rosaries I have ever seen” have… returned! – UPDATES
- GREEN! Photos of green vestments for Solemn Mass in production, and a pitch
- 14 June – Elisha, Old Testament Prophet: salt, bears and you.
- READER FEEDBACK to post: Why we Say The Black and Do The Red
- ASK FATHER: Validity of sacraments from a schismatic priest
- A great restoration @CathedralStPaul
- Terrific photos of traditional rite ordination in England!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Category Archives: Liberals
At Fishwrap (aka National Sodomitic Reporter) contributors are wetting themselves – and each other – over the Motu Proprio Magnum principium, by which Pope Francis took part of the role in working up liturgical translations, etc., away from the Congregation for Divine Worship and … Continue reading
You have to have your feet… knees planted firmly on the ground these days to maintain equilibrium as the atmosphere becomes more and more toxic.
Stay close to the Sacraments.
The Belgian “We Kill You™” Brothers of Charity, are defying the Holy … Continue reading
Ireland and the Catholic Church in Ireland have their problems. Sadly, they gave some of those problems also to the USA. However, since I am forever harping on praying for vocations to the priesthood, one problem in particular struck me … Continue reading
One of my perennial tropes is that generations of Catholics have been robbed. They have been cheated out of their patrimony. They have been defrauded of their inheritance. When the libs “reformed” the Church’s liturgical worship with little regard for … Continue reading
The Atlantic is pretty much a joke. However, they take themselves seriously. This story seems… seems… not to be an intentional joke.
Read and be amazed. It exemplifies the Left. You can’t make this up.
From Daily Caller:
The Eclipse Is Racist … Continue reading
Michael Sean Winters, the Wile e. Coyote of the liberal catholic Left at the Fishwrap, and hyper-liberal Massimo “Beans” Faggiolo at Villanova, and the papalatrous gnostic Austen Ivereigh at Crux have incited a little war on converts recently.
According to them, … Continue reading
Response to Ivereigh, Winters, etc. – Model of behavior for converts rooted in the Apostolic Tradition?
Austen Ivereigh wrote a seriously imprudent piece about converts. Ed Peters schooled Ivereigh about what converts means. HERE
However, one of the comments under my post about that deserves special attention.
Saul of Tarsus was an (initially unwilling) convert. So there.
So there, indeed.
I will … Continue reading
The liberal attack on converts who are concerned about the Church continue. Lately liberal paplatrous gnostic Austen Ivereigh, once editor of The Bitter Pill in the UK, jumped aboard the band-wagon launched by Michael Sean Winters of the Fishwrap. (HERE) Liberal historian … Continue reading
Libs attempt to defend their dissent from doctrine – especially about morals (read: sex) – by claiming that the Church’s teachings have not be “received”. That is, if a large number of people say they don’t agree with the Church … Continue reading
Writers for the Fishwrap (aka National Sodomitic Reporter) and Amerika type Jesuits want us to become like these forward-looking, progressives whom they so idolize.
This was sent by a friend. Here’s a smattering with my emphases and comments.
From American Conservative:
Spin Of The Year [Accompanied by a pic … Continue reading
Today there is a “Defense of Converts” in First Things.
There is a defense because there was an attack.
A couple days back, at the Fishwrap (aka National Sodomitic Reporter), the Wile E. Coyote of the catholic Left, Michael Sean Winters, attacked converts.
At Al … Continue reading
Spotted on Twitter:
Soooo… Fr. Z is an RC integralist who prays like an evangelical fundamentalist.
Ivereigh used to be the editor of a magazine. He has clearly allowed his reading skills to get rusty.
Oh, right. He was editor of The Bitter Pill (aka The Tablet, … Continue reading
At the UK’s best Catholic weekly, there are not one but two … two critiques of Jesuit Fr. Antonio “2+2=5” Spadaro’s attack on Americans in Inciviltà cattolica.
They are useful because they are not in an American source.
Antonio Spadaro has discovered a brand … Continue reading
At far-left-leaning Commonweal, long-time Rome-based writer Robert Mickens has a new insinuation piece.
Context: To review Mickens a bit, he dislikes Benedict XVI so much that, in social media, he rooted for his death, which got him fired from the ultra-liberal UK … Continue reading