When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- JonPatrick said Wow almost lost my breakfast when I saw the yellow...
- Christ_opher said Someone once said to me that Pope Benedict was Pro...
- Stephen Matthew said Let it be cast out, banished until the coming of t...
- Stephen Matthew said I don’t know anything about the idea of a bi...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said Matthew 22:11-13 “And the king went in to se...
- snoozie said well…..that may have been one of your finest...
- Dominic Maria said I don’t think it is possible as it violates...
- Phil_NL said Isn’t there some long forgotten canon that i...
- jacobi said Good for Cardinal Koch. This issue of separate so-...
- UncleBlobb said St. Lawrence Of Brindisi pray for us.
- Gratias said This may give Franciscans a bad name. [Oh hardly!...
- Rachel Pineda said I think if my eyes are working properly after that...
- JTH said Really couldn’t tell who the women in the vi...
- UncleBlobb said It’s rather exciting to use many ribbons and...
- Giuseppe said Baroque composers expected their music to be playe...
- Fr. Thomas Kocik said I say this without benefit of having Bugnini’...
- kiwiinamerica said What truly rotten fruit last October’s Synod...
- Geoffrey said Sounds messy.
- Latin Mass Type said And over at Crust er…Crux or Fishwrap (when...
- RomualdMonk said This sort of thing is what would cause St. Francis...
- AuroraChristina said I think I’ll bury my head in a capa magna an...
- MouseTemplar said I have been reading Prof. Esolen’s translati...
- Gabriel58 said I once served as subdeacon at a Mass in which the...
- ChrisRawlings said Yes, Charles, there are. The bishop of Regensburg...
- IoannesPetrus said My apologies: I should have said laws to that effe...
- Matt Robare said In Papal High Masses bishops served as deacons, bu...
- IoannesPetrus said I think it would be licit for a Bishop to act as a...
- TawdryPenitent said This is a joke…………….
- merio said Our Bishop, who had sat in choir before he was ord...
- Andrew Saucci said Perhaps a bishop who wants to learn the extraordin...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Delaying baptism until after Lent
- ASK FATHER: Do vestments really matter?!?
- LENTCAzT 38: Friday of the 5th Week of Lent – Our Lady of Sorrows
- ASK FATHER: Can a Bishop be a Deacon for a Priest in a Solemn Mass?
- Another Cardinal stands up to Card. Marx and German bishops:
- The silly season is still in full swing!
- Wherein Fr. Z muses on a growing trend
- “Blessed are they who persecute the righteous, for they shall be called the children of God.”
- Card. Müller: Delegate doctrinal decisions to regional conferences? “absolutely anti-Catholic”!
- Card. Nichols reacts to the 500 Priests
- 25 March – D. Madison – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- LENTCAzT 37: Thursday of the 5th Week of Lent
- 1st Joyful Mystery: The Annunciation
- Of the Premonstratensian Rite and Confessions
- WDTPRS: Annunciation – Lady Day
- 25 March: St. Dismas – The Good Thief
- LENTCAzT 36: Wednesday of the 5th Week of Lent
- Card. Cordes tackles hard the German Bishops Conference
- Brick by Brick in Greenville
- New interview with Card. Burke
- 8 major studies of identital twins prove homosexuality Is NOT genetic
- OCTOBER 2015: Summorum Pontificum Pilgrimage
- Nearly 500 faithful priests in England and Wales sign letter urging Synod to stand firm!
- LENTCAzT 35: Tuesday of the 5th Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Extraordinary Form “Dialogue” Masses
- ASK FATHER: Can confessions be heard during Mass in the Extraordinary Form?
- English translation problem on Vatican website of key paragraph of an important document
- LENTCAzT 34: Monday of the 5th Week of Lent – UPDATED
- Great news!
- POLL: Covering images for 1st Passion Sunday, 5th Sunday of Lent
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: Lighter fare
Vatican Officials Ask Filipino Faithful to Use Images of Christ, Not Pope
Gesture Falls In Line With Pope’s Call to Keep Eyes on Christ
Use images of Christ, not the Pope, is the message Vatican officials have been trying to send … Continue reading
You all must go to First Things and read Robbie George’s response to the loony tunes attack made on him by Fishwrap’s (aka National Schismatic Reporter) Michael Sean Winters (hereafter aka the Wile E. Coyote of contemporary liberal Catholicism).
The piece is replete with descriptions of … Continue reading
A priest friend of mine posted this elsewhere with the challenge… can you make it to the end of this video? How long can you stand it before you click off?
And to think… some men don’t want to go to … Continue reading
The brilliant Fr. Hunwicke has a keen eye.
Learning from Luther
Cardinal Marx believes in learning from Luther. Today, Rorate publishes a nice early engraving of Lutherans receiving Holy Communion into their mouths, and kneeling.
Here is the image.
This struck me as useful for assessing the hic et nunc:
Fr. Z’s Prediction for 2015
1. The Synod of Bishops on the Family will be rigged and explosive.
2. The “AFFORDABLE” Care Act will continue to flop and to be unpopular.
3. The number of places in which Extraordinary Form (TLM) Masses are offered will continue … Continue reading
Whereas His Eminence is a fierce and constant defender and promoter of justice for all parties in service of the Truth,
Whereas His Eminence willingly celebrates Holy Mass in the Extraordinary Form,
Whereas His Eminence is kind to children,
Whereas His Eminence contributes … Continue reading
Things that are funny, especially ironically or satirically funny, are so because they instantly recognizable kernels of the truth.
You’ve gotta hand it to SNL this time. They cut pretty close to the bone.
More and more reasons for Summorum Pontificum.
A story to warm the cockles of my beady-black heart.
Passenger Offended by the Words Merry Christmas – Gets Himself Thrown Off an American Airlines Flight
Merry Christmas! Those are the two words that offended one American Airlines passenger so profusely, … Continue reading
A reader alerted me to this. Pop over to National Catholic Register for a peek at an old (2011) satirical piece by Tim Drake about…
14 Steps to a More Self-Centered Church
14. Community Center
Rather than describing your parish as a Church, … Continue reading