You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Austin Catholics said @maryh “which is why people like Frjim4321 a...
- jesusthroughmary said I remember a few years ago, when a friend of mine...
- tealady24 said For all those affected by the tornado in Moore, OK...
- a catechist said What bothers me about this topic is that it lets t...
- RJHighland said After attending several TLM masses will I was a vo...
- wmeyer said I think that, as with most changes made after the...
- Imrahil said Dear @maryh, if he who can change the regulations...
- Absit invidia said The girls are occupying space that would otherwise...
- Rachel Gohlman said I am a woman. What I have noticed is that more of...
- Rachel Gohlman said Yes, the Novus Ordo needs to be the way it was int...
- Neil Addison said Here in England the tradition seems to be Red Cass...
- kiwitrad said I went to a Mass for the local school recently. T...
- The Sicilian Woman said Thanks all for sharing your good news! This threa...
- vetusta ecclesia said I have observed that it is common practice in Pola...
- The Sicilian Woman said VexillaRegis, that is a fine brigade of saints you...
- Helier said All 3 of my children have been altar servers ̵...
- Bob B. said Being a Catholic school teacher, I always felt it...
- Dave N. said @Robbie I only recently turned 36 so my history of...
- chriskelly said At our parish, unfortunately, we must include any...
- sciencemom said OrthodoxChick - Again, I’d recommend TigerDi...
- 9 Videos that Warm the Catholic Soul - BIG PULPIT said [...] Fr. O, An Irish Ordinariate What If I Were D...
- Norah said Jeannie_C said: Breaking open the Word is as impor...
- Chuck3030 said I have had experiences primarily in two parishes/a...
- Laura Lea said I have a great fear of committing this sin. I rea...
- Kieninger said As pastor of a large parish where altar girls were...
- M. K. said The parish I grew up in during the 1980s and early...
- Elizabeth M said mamajen – Congratulations! Last Sunday my...
- StJude said My car which I rely on for work developed a horrib...
- Elizabeth M said I remember years ago attending a TLM at a SSXP cha...
- StJude said Chaplet of the Divine Mercy said for you all. For...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Category Archives: Liturgy Science Theatre 3000
I just received the newsletter of the USCCB’s Committee for Divine Worship. There is an item of interest for our observance of the Year of Faith:
The Solemnity of the Body and Blood of Christ and the Year of Faith
Archbishop Salvatore … Continue reading
From a reader:
I heard recently that there is a rule that after receiving Holy Communion, a person should not eat for fifteen minutes (I think because that’s how long the Body of Christ is in us after Communion).
Most of the … Continue reading
From a reader:
The Parish to which I belong is dedicated to the Patronage of a Saint Gianna Beretta Molla (April 28) and the Parish Church (brick and mortar) is dedicated to Saint Bernadette Soubirous (April 16). Canon Law prohibits changing the … Continue reading
The Holy Father, Pope Francis, talks frequently about the Devil.
This is another example of how Francis is, in his preaching, a bit more concrete than Benedict.
During his fervorino for Mass today, Pope Francis spoke about the “prince of this world”.
“We … Continue reading
I have been thinking a lot about Gregorian chant these days. As often happens when I am pecking away at a subject, someone sends me a link to something useful.
There is a series of videos on YouTube in French taken … Continue reading
Pope Francis continues to talk about sin and confession.
I have no idea if Francis’ little fervorini are going to wind up published in Acta Apostolicae Sedis, but they have some real meat. He is speaking more or less “a braccio“, … Continue reading
The other day I had the great privilege of celebrating a Solemn Mass at St. Paul’s, the parish for Harvard University. The music was provided by the Boston Archdiocesan Boy’s Choir. They have the only boys’ choir school in the … Continue reading
When anti-Catholic ecumenical atrocities take place, Catholic bishops should act.
Here is an example which calls for consequences.
From WTAX in Kentucky:
Kentucky woman ordained as priest in defiance of Roman Catholic Church [Note either the carelessness or the bias? She was not ordained … Continue reading
This morning the parish priest where I am staying in Cambridge pointed out a piece in the Boston Globe (Friday 26 April).
At the finish line of the Boston Marathon, clergy were not allowed to reach the victims of the bombing.
On … Continue reading
From a reader:
I know Catholics can receive communion outside of Mass for certain reasons such as being sick and unable to attend Mass on Sunday, or as Viaticum, etc.
I’m wondering if it’s possible for Catholics to receive communion outside of … Continue reading