You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- LarryW2LJ said Fr. Z, I do believe that Rush might use your blog...
- Will D. said Further to Wade’s post, here’s a direc...
- AdMajoremDeiGloriam said I can only speak from my experience as a (male) se...
- Will D. said A sin that I have struggled with. In confession, m...
- The Masked Chicken said As for being physically prepared, a question for y...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Speaking of people missing the obvious, can someon...
- A Sinner 2 said I think Fr. Jim makes a good (although misdirected...
- The Masked Chicken said “In other words, if you doubt the origins of...
- APX said lampada says: I am seriously considering being an...
- jenne said I also realized how out of physical shape I am in...
- Wade said I would also not hesitate to donate via Catholic C...
- guatadopt said My 7 year old had his first confession in late Feb...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said One group I like to donate to is Team Rubicon.
- Springkeeper said I will say this as a woman who is also a retired M...
- av8er said Stayed in Moore last year while in OKC for trainin...
- NickD said Serving only with other men makes it like a brothe...
- jenniphd said Several years ago my family attended the Bar mitzv...
- Priam1184 said So Father, essentially what you are saying is don&...
- aviva meriam said For all those affected by the tornadoes, that the...
- CatholicMD said St Andrew’s is the local parish in Moore. Th...
- chantgirl said Does anyone know if there is a local Catholic Chur...
- LarryW2LJ said You know back in the Olden Days, when things like...
- PA mom said Re tornados. I find Protestants to be very inspir...
- LarryW2LJ said If I may. In addition to the fine spiritual advic...
- StJude said I notice the same thing… although not weird...
- Anne M. said Phil_NL says: Also since there nowadays is a gap...
- DisturbedMary said Looks like Drudge might be reading Fr. Z…...
- Konstantin said “Fathers, this could be your parish. You wi...
- Phil_NL said I think we should be careful in keeping in mind th...
- Anne M. said In our small OF parish of 430 families we have onl...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Category Archives: Look! Up in the sky!
From Astronomy Pic of the Day: Explanation: Above this boreal landscape, the arc of the Milky Way and shimmering aurorae flow through the night. Like an echo, below them lies Iceland’s spectacular Godafoss, the Waterfall of the Gods. Shining just … Continue reading
Space Weather News for May 9, 2013
ANNULAR ECLIPSE: On May 10th, the South Pacific sun will turn into a ring of fire as the Moon passes directly in front of the solar disk, producing an annular solar eclipse. At maximum, … Continue reading
This is very cool.
I may have to get out my Yaesu radio later on and see if I can pick up the ISS during a fly over.
Technorati Tags: ISS, NASA, Space Station
On this day 43 years ago, the Command Module Odyssey splashed down.
I remember – as if it were yesterday – being glued to the TV watching the coverage of this glorious disaster. It was inspiring.
But we don’t have a … Continue reading
A few days back, this was on Astronomy Pic of the Day.
From the International Space Station as it travels around your planet.
It is not CGI!
If you are every wondering where the ISS is, click HERE. I used that when … Continue reading
From Astronomy Pic of the Day comes this fascinating shot of a CME (Coronal Mass Ejection), a comet, and your planet.
The Comet PanSTARRS, which brightened and was visible for the papal election process (along with another comet, by the way…. … Continue reading
Together with all the papal portents of which I wrote the other day – and let us not be overly worried about these – there is a rare astronomical sight right now, visible in some parts of the world.
In centuries … Continue reading
On 11 February, the day Pope Benedict announced that he would resign, lightning struck St. Peter’s Basilica.
The photo from Agence France-Presse:
Technorati Tags: Benedict XVI’s resignation, lightning
SOLAR FLARE ALERT! But don’t worry, because “Firedrake Keeps You Safe”! (Short Wave and Ham Radio Fun)
A convergence of events drives me yet again to post, on this bloggily-productive day.
First, a TEOTWAWKI Solar Flare, Coronal Mass Ejection and resulting grid killing EMP may be coming….
ACTIVE SUNSPOT: One of the biggest sunspots of the current solar … Continue reading
This is simply too cool.
Every once in a while, we find something from antiquity that we knew about but thought lost.
Check this out, from Gazzetta del Sud. Dorothy King’s PhDiva has a lot of photos. With a biretta tip to rougeclassicism. … Continue reading