Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Suzanne Carl said Beef brisket! Slow smoked and roasted until the f...
- vetusta ecclesia said There is a case can be made for this rite to be re...
- JustaSinner said Can we trade Pelosi to the Episcopalians for a pla...
- Vecchio di Londra said Perhaps I’m being cynical here, but I can se...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Pizza piena (an Italian meat, egg, & cheeses p...
- acardnal said jhayes quoted Jimmy Akin as follow:, “51. Th...
- pj_houston said Well, how is this any worse than our bishops using...
- tealady24 said Pelosi says she received a rosary blessed by Pope...
- acardnal said jhayes reported, “Cardinal O’Malley said he...
- GOR said I don’t think there’s much humility evident here....
- Legisperitus said Even when she smiles she looks tormented.
- southern orders said Pope Benedict in his liturgical “Magisterium...
- Ambrose Jnr said Dear OrthodoxChick, Your 2nd comment on Pelosi is...
- asperges said Let us not beat about the bush: as long as we have...
- SPWang said Interesting to note that before 1955 the washing o...
- Philippa Martyr said I can answer that question, Sonshine135. My paris...
- Priam1184 said Get rid of it. Plain and simple. Get rid of the f...
- BillyHW said How refreshing it is to hear about a bishop with t...
- Polycarpio said SW85, you make the point cogently and coherently....
- jhayes said MattR wrote: It only “clicked” with me recently th...
- sw85 said @ Polycarpio– “The problem with the pr...
- jhayes said [Sorry, but... so what? Really? So what?] The trad...
- St. Corbinian's Bear said First, thank you for forthrightly addressing the i...
- Sword40 said God Bless Bishop Morlino AND Fr. Z. Our FSSP Holy...
- frjim4321 said [But... that's not the way it ought to be. Gregory...
- RobertK said I read an article yesterday from Fr. Dwight who al...
- Lori Pieper said Matt_R writes: It only “clicked” with me recently...
- Supertradmum said Did not get to Thursday Mass in my parish, but fri...
- frjim4321 said I can get fairly well invested in this kind of dis...
- AuroraChristina said Sacred Heart of Jesus South Euclid, Ohio: Our very...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Easter, customs, food and you!
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
- BIG PUPPET ALERT!
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: Look! Up in the sky!
One of these days, there will be another Carrington Event.
There will be a huge coronal mass ejection from your planet’s yellow star that strikes your planet square on. The result will be a vast electromagnetic pulse which fries almost all … Continue reading
Just to remind us of who we are and who we are not, this is from SpaceWeather:
Space Weather News for Oct. 18, 2013
FAINT LUNAR ECLIPSE: On the night of Oct. 18th, the full Hunter’s Moon will pass through the outskirts … Continue reading
Today is the Autumnal Equinox. The Sun crosses the celestial equator on its southerly course at 20:44 GMT (at the very time I scheduled this to auto-post itself). You knew that because in the traditional Roman calendar, so much more … Continue reading
Voyager I was launched in 1977. It has finally let your solar system and entered interstellar space.
Click HERE for youtube videos of the songs on the “Golden Record”. Very cool.
Will little Voyager eventually achieve consciousness and return to Earth as … Continue reading
This is pretty cool. From the Beeb:
Mars images to go on social media feeds in Latin
By Zoe Kleinman
Pictures of the surface of Mars, taken from Nasa’s Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO), are to be captioned in Latin on social media outlets … Continue reading
On Coast to Coast AM (the radio show) the other night they were talking about Martians living on earth.
As it turns out, Martians mixed it up with the Celts a long time ago. This is why there are Celts with … Continue reading
Aurora and noctilucent clouds.
Technorati Tags: aurora borealis, noctilucent clouds
Every 11 years your Earth’s yellow sun flips out.
The Sun has an 11 cycle of building activity and then BAM its magnetic field flips places.
August 5, 2013: Something big is about to happen on the sun. According to measurements … Continue reading
In 1859 the Earth was struck by a massive solar storm called the Carrington Event. Life was not affected much at that time, because so little used electricity. Were such a storm to strike the Earth now, however, most if … Continue reading
From a reader:
Could you hypothetically foresee Rome allowing Masses to
be celebrated extra-terrestrially? While it might seem more possible on the Moon or a planet, what about zero-gravity where things can’t be poured and other difficulties would arise?
We apply the analogy of Masses … Continue reading