- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Dr. Edward Peters said We nee to focus not on technology, but on the situ...
- jacobi said Clerics, by which I mean the Ordained Priesthood,...
- Long-Skirts said “There is a smear campaign currently underwa...
- Long-Skirts said GRAVE NEW WORLD Reveres womanhood In all that̵...
- John Woolley said One brief comment. In the Orthodox Church, itR...
- mrshopey said Lord, Have mercy, Christ, Have mercy, Lord, gracio...
- Fr Martin Fox said A couple of thoughts… A lot of the talk of &...
- mysticalrose said @MrTipsNZ: Yours is better, but an alternative: Si...
- CatholicMD said Pray for the faithful young priests, particularly...
- rtjl said “Among the Duck Dynasty is a Duck Dynasty de...
- rtjl said I don’t watch reality shows either but I am...
- Cordelio said It’s a good article – and I think the...
- unavoceman said I certainly cop to doing it myself – but I h...
- Spade said I use Laudate in the confessional. The confessiona...
- Romuleus said Let me say this as charitably as I can. This for t...
- Ben Kenobi said “it didn’t matter that Humane Vitae confirme...
- Ben Kenobi said ‘And the homosexualist movement has added a...
- DisturbedMary said The long and the short of it is this guy rocks the...
- Southern Baron said Front page is excessive for anybody who is not a m...
- louder said I’ve stopped bring an iPhone to the confessi...
- Liz said I had never seen the show. I was always baffled wh...
- Kyle said The strongest message to take out of this is that...
- Andrew said I have noticed also on TV an occasional coverage o...
- gatormom said All I know is that a mini duck call necklace makes...
- Mike said I saw this trash, and didn’t read it. NYTime...
- Suburbanbanshee said If a confesser’s or priest’s phone but...
- majuscule said Thank you for the link to the app, unavoceman! Ver...
- khw8814 said Speaking as a redneck who is happy to see somethin...
- Grabski said The Pope’s call to the confessional will def...
- Grabski said This Pope will be remembered for his reminding us...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Proper “clericalism” defined and defended
- Hell’s Bible and a Secular Apotheosis: another lesson in our “culture war”
- QUAERITUR: Father had an iPad in the confessional!
- Comments on the Duck Dynasty controversy
- ADVENTCAzT 20: 3rd Friday of Advent – “in front of him stands The Tempter…”
- The Feeder Feed: Yes, another XPGF and The Eyes have it
- Cracks in the liberal adulation of Pope Francis
- ACTION ITEM! Help the Nuns on the Bus!
- QUAERITUR: Can I change my voice to fool the confessor?
- Hint: It ain’t Mozart.
- Pope: Curial officials should hear confessions
- ADVENTCAzT 19: 3rd Thursday of Advent – His domain is oecumenical
- Invention to help hearing-impaired make a good confession
- My View For Awhile
- Judge gives relief to Archd. NY against the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- Pat Archbolds’ Open Letter to Pope Francis on Franciscan Friars
- ADVENTCAzT 18: 3rd Wednesday of Advent – religion has dissolved into an emotion, but…
- Pope approves canonization of St. Peter Faber, waiving the usual process
- Fatherless homes a key factor in school shootings, teen delinquency
- 17 Dec: 77th Birthday of His Holiness Pope Francis
- ADVENTCAzT 17: 3rd Tuesday of Advent – The innermost core of the mystery of Christmas
- VIDEO Islamists Attack Towering Christ Statue in Syria, Bomb Monastery
- Must read: Camille Paglia on feminist disrespect for men
- St. David, king, prophet, sinner, penitent – 16 or 29 Dec?
- NEW Z-SWAG: “I am a Self-Absorbed Promethean Neopelagian and proud of it.”
- QUAERITUR: Ember Day coincides with feast day
- ADVENTCAzT 16: 3rd Monday of Advent – hectic commercialism, hushed mystery
- Buy Soap from Dominicans… NOW. No. Really! TODAY!
- Kindle book by Pope Francis FREE today, Sunday [UPDATE: Still not too bad.]
- Peter O’Toole: R.I.P. Fr. Z POLL
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“The Saints are not supermen, nor were they born perfect. They are like us, like each one of us. They are people who, before reaching the glory of heaven, lived normal lives with joys and sorrows, struggles and hopes. What changed their lives? When they recognized God’s love, they followed it with all their heart without reserve or hypocrisy. They spent their lives serving others, they endured suffering and adversity without hatred and responded to evil with good, spreading joy and peace. This is the life of a Saint. Saints are people who for love of God did not put conditions on him in their life; they were not hypocrites; they spent their lives at the service of others. They suffered much adversity but without hate. The Saints never hated. Understand this well: love is of God, then from whom does hatred come? Hatred does not come from God but from the devil! And the Saints removed themselves from the devil; the Saints are men and women who have joy in their hearts and they spread it to others. Never hate but serve others, the most needy; pray and live in joy. This is the way of holiness! Being holy is not a privilege for the few, as if someone had a large inheritance; in Baptism we all have an inheritance to be able to become saints. Holiness is a vocation for everyone. Thus we are all called to walk on the path of holiness, and this path has a name and a face: the face of Jesus Christ.”
- Pope Francis, Angelus, 1 Nov 2013
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Category Archives: Blognics
[Watch this for updates. Apparently there is something after the Pontifical Mass that may conflict for some people.]
Since there is going to be a Pontifical Mass (Usus Antiquior) at Old St. Mary’s in Washington DC. (5th and H Sts. NW), this … Continue reading
Yesterday after Holy Mass at the little church on Maiden Lane near Covent Garden, a group of people met up at The Coal Hole, nearby on The Strand, for an extemp blognic. Here are a few pics of the proceedings.
Those … Continue reading
The meeting of a Guild of Catholic Bloggers has started at Brompton Oratory. First, of course, is Holy Mass at the altar of Our Lady of Sorrows.
Continuing with a brief meeting:
I said Mass and then met the group at … Continue reading
There is going to be a meeting of The Guild of Blessed Titus Brandsma (a Catholic bloggers guild) at the Brompton Oratory, St Wilfred’s Chapel at 10.30am on 15 September.
God willing, I will be there.
For more on this see the blog Linen … Continue reading
I saw at the blog Linen By The Hedgerow that there is going to be a meeting of The Guild of Blessed Titus Brandsma (a bloggers guild) at the Brompton Oratory, St Wilfred’s Chapel at 10.30am on 15th September.
In one of … Continue reading
The 6:30 Mass at Maiden Lane, for HM the Queen, is on, but I am not liturgically involved. Do take in the Mass and gain its benefits. I will head to the Coal Hole either way, aiming at about … Continue reading
When the Obama Administration began to attack the 1st Amendment, Catholic bloggers rose up.
When the U.S. Bishops called for rallies for religious freedom, Catholic bloggers posted links and dates and places.
When the USCCB and Card. Dolan and Bp. Lori made … Continue reading
I will be in central London today on sundry errands and quests. Should anyone like to meet for a pint in the afternoon, I will be
17:30 at The Coal Hole.
Also, I am forwarding my London phone number (020… or … Continue reading