HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Cincture: Given the coincident al timing of the recent head of the de-Catholi ced JPII Institute expounding on “pla netary theologica l space,R 21; one wonders what the papal reference to...
- ZestyLemonZach: Arguably less egregious than women in skin-tight yoga pants.
- Lurker 59: This is actually quite bad soteriolog y. It is also important to analyze this thought in conjunctio n with what Pope Francis has said about justificat ion and The Mercy^tm in the past,...
- The Cobbler: Going to concur with those who say that messing with your account is, unless you put waaaaay too much effort into it over waaaay too much time, simply not going to fool anyone except...
- baileymxd: No worries. The kid will grow out of them soon enough. “Thi s too shall pass.̶ 1;
- oklip955: I have problems with glare for lack of a better word to use due to eye surgery. Those cause glare, starbursts and with them going on and off makes me dizzy. I see little kids wearing them...
- surritter: What jim123 said — Hebrews 8:12. I don’ t really see anything faulty in what Francis said. As God is outside of time, and omniscient , etc., of course he has no ability to...
- Ioannes Andreades: You can be sure that Satan does not forget your sins regardless of whether you’ ve confessed them.
- jim123: Hebrews 8:12
- dbf223: Francis has said many things in his papacy that I’ve found tactless or insipid, and some things at times outrageous or disturbing . I don’ t find this to be disturbing though....
- JonathanTX: I think that by the Principle of Charity we have to assume that in this case Pope Francis was speaking metaphoric ally, in the sense of Isaiah 43:25 (“I am, I am he that blot out...
- Spinmamma: I add my own grateful heart to those thanking you for this beautiful series of reflection s on the Seven Sorrows. Henry Edwards said it all.
- APX: At least they don’t squeak like a squeaky toy. Someone at my parish thinks it’s cute for their toddler to wear squeaky shoes during low Mass and walk up and down the pew, so all you hear...
- veritas vincit: Of course, God cannot forget. He knows all. Having said that… ;.. I once heard a story about someone who was receiving visions of Our Lord (unfortuna tely, I cannot remem...
- Hidden One: Pope Francis is simply using standard biblical imagery in his customary imprecise way. We find this image of God forgetting our sins in Hebrews 8:12 and 10:17, among other places...
- bartlep: I don’t know if my parish provides the shoes, but all the altar BOYS ( we have no altar girls) wear black shoes that match their black cassocks.
- Semper Gumby: It was probably Fr. Neuhaus who said, “The USCCB is the Democrat Party at prayer. 221; Kevin: Good point.
- Charles E Flynn: These shoes would be inappropri ate even if they were blinking the liturgical color of the day.
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: I havent signed into Facebook in almost a decade. I miss nothing. I should probably formally close the acct.
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: I’ve come to the conclusion that Pope Francis doesn̵ 7;t share my traditiona l Catholic anthropolo gy of man, which by the way, is one of the most compell...
- Semper Gumby: Good points by Lurker59. Characteri zing Francis 217; pontificat e as “amb iguousR 21; is a fundamenta l error by Douthat. Speaking of error, the USCCB should disband and...
- Transportsjoie: When I deleted my FB account 3 yrs ago, it felt strange at first to not be instantly observed or available to “fri ends” ; or whomever worldwide, but then, life seemed...
- JTH: Are bishops required to adhere to USCCB standards, positions on various topics, donations from diocese coffers, etc.?
- JTH: Reminds me a teenage girl altar server who wore high heel shoes. Still gives me nightmares all these years later.
- ex seaxe: I have seen a boy vesting in the sacristy wearing such shoes, he was spotted and firmly told ‘not in those shoes̵ 7;. That would be about thirty years ago, it’s a long...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ASK FATHER: Did Francis say something heretical about God and our sins?
- Blinky light shoes at Mass
- ASK FATHER: Should I “poison” by Facebook account?
- Of “schism” and the abolition of the USCCB
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 7th Sorrow – The Burial of Jesus
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 6th Sorrow – The Piercing of the Side of Jesus, and His Deposition.
- Jesuit-run Amerika aims at Francis’ “detractors”. Incoherence ensues.
- @JamesMartinSJ and internet bullying
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 5th Sorrow – The Crucifixion of Jesus
- Mind-blowing profundity at the reconstituted John Paul II Institute 2.0
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray, Prof. Royal on EWTN on Francis’ latest PPP (Papal Plane Presser) comments
- @FatherZ responds to @PhilipPullella of Reuters about the Holy Spirit and the elections of Popes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 4th Sorrow – Mary meets Jesus on the way to Calvary
- “This is the time God chose for us. Get up off the ground!” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- A roundup on Francis and “schism”
- What is the TMSM up to? Spiffing new BLACK vestments! Photos.
- Australia: New legislation – priests must violate the Seal or face jail
- What the papalatrous are doing with the term “schism”
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 3rd Sorrow – The loss of the Child Jesus in Jerusalem
- “How are they down, how have they fallen down Those great strong towers of ice and steel”?
- Your Good News
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 2nd Sorrow – The Flight into Egypt
- Tech advice from readers about new computer
- “The Church of priests is coming to an end.” What’s really going on.
- On “Bullshit” and the New ‘c’atholic Red Guards
- Concerning Mutual Enrichment. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Category Archives: Blognics
Readers were asking about another NYC-Manhattan Blognic. Here’s the scoop. My only possibility is tonight, this evening, Wednesday evening. Anyone interested could meet at Annie Moore‘s between 5:30-7:00. Since this comes a little late, sorry, you might also take a … Continue reading
The Washington DC blognic will be at The Dubliner 202.737.3773 520 N Capitol Street Northwest Washington, DC 20001-1510 4-7 pm recommended Get Directions (202) 737-3773 One of the participants is going to call to let them know we are descending … Continue reading
I will be in Washington, DC from Friday 23 – 26 Monday April. People are interested in a blognic. Some people may be in town for the Pontifical Mass at the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception on Saturday 24 April. … Continue reading
[uc] The best time for the Philadelphia Blognic II is Sunday, 21 February, in the afternoon from 4:00-6:00 pm. I made a slight change to accommodate those who want to attend Vespers at Mater Ecclesiae in Berlin, NJ. The same … Continue reading
I will be in the area of Philadelphia from 12-21 Feb…. if flights go well. One of my correspondents has suggested another blognic. We could have this one at the same location: the Irish Pub at 20th & Walnut in … Continue reading
Tomorrow evening, Friday 24 July, there will be a London blognic. Anyone can come. You don’t have to have your own blog, though I hope bloggers will come! For the last London blognic we met at the Buckingham Arms on … Continue reading
The blognic is underway! We started later because Mass at Old St Patrick’s started late and went long. Coffee is hot and strong.
This is the best part about traveling… meeting wonderful people. I very much appreciate that some of the folks who came had to come from quite a distance. Here are a few more shots. Since these are people into blogs, … Continue reading
I believe we have locked down the time and place for the Philadelphia blognic. I can be at the Irish Pub at 20th & Walnut in the Rittenhouse Square area Thursday evening, 23 October, from 6:00-8:00 pm. MAP. Other bloggers … Continue reading
So far 17 have dropped in though a couple had to go. Here are some images posted directly to the blog from my camera on the spot. UPDATE: All in all, last night some 25 people showed up. Some folks … Continue reading
I was very pleased with the blognic we had yesterday evening here in Rome. I got off to a rocky start, but eventually everything got under way. First, it was a really busy day. In the morning I had the … Continue reading