When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- PhilipNeri said Imrahil, I am deeply scandalized by the notion tha...
- CCS said Ignore my last comment, problem seems to have been...
- CCS said Iphone 6+ running Covenant Eyes browser. The site...
- Andrew said Giuseppe: As far as I can tell – and I looke...
- John UK said Thank you for the helpful reflection. The simple G...
- catholiccomelately said If I carry handwritten pages into the Confessional...
- Kathleen10 said I need Shakespeare for Dummies.
- Per Signum Crucis said EPI on high days and holy days; EPIII on most ordi...
- Giuseppe said Summa Theologiae, 2nd part of 2nd part. Q.32 Artic...
- PomeroyonthePalouse said In our parish, it’s 94% II, 1% Eucharistic P...
- mysticalrose said This translation and commentary is a wonderful and...
- asperges said Thanks to St Winifride for news of Bugnini’s...
- Giuseppe said Amazing catechism from 1899. — free ebook li...
- pattif said As a wise priest said to me, when a seminarian fri...
- msc said I like those two parallel relative clauses at the...
- Per Signum Crucis said Elizabeth D, A nice start! To add a few more them...
- Imrahil said Dear Giuseppe, the CCC wasn’t here giving a...
- Gregorius said I never get to enjoy EP II… I get distracted...
- VexillaRegis said I have two very urgent and pressing prayer request...
- Giuseppe said Was ‘admonish the sinner’ in previous...
- One of those TNCs said “Joseph-Mary” (first reply) – th...
- LA said Wouldn’t this problem be solved if all these...
- Thorfinn said I voted for, “I don’t know the prayers...
- One of those TNCs said # II about 65 % of the time # III about 32% of the...
- Northern Ox said TANSTAAFM! (There ain’t no such thing as a...
- Grumpy Beggar said @SanSan : I’ll make it a point to pray for y...
- dans0622 said Fr. Z’s advice is excellent. As a student in...
- Venerator Sti Lot said I could not access the Internet Archive when I tri...
- StWinefride said Asperges says: “The translation of the comme...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Crimson Catholic reminds me of the work of Fr. Pet...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday after Easter (1962MR): Be distinguished by your profession of Christ!
- Wherein Fr. Z is, again, in a SciFi novel
- Feedback and a confessional story
- Notes on Eucharistic Prayer II
- Another morsel for #TalkLikeShakespeare Day
- Thanks to readers, monthly donations, Mass for benefactors
- A curious lacuna in ‘Misericordiae vultus’, the Bull for the Holy Year of Mercy
- A Talk Like Shakespeare Day Gift to the Fair Readership that frequenteth This Blog
- ASK FATHER: Continuously adding tap water to Holy Water
- ASK FATHER: Inviting children to stand around the altar? Fail!
- Reader Check-up: Testing a new mobile theme
- ASK FATHER: Seminarians required to stand for Communion. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Have a brainy happy birthday Roma! (Father Z’s Kitchen)
- SWISS GUARD ARMOR UPDATE!
- ASK FATHER: St. Michael Prayer after Novus Ordo Masses
- ASK FATHER: Shoulder cape on cassocks for priests
- ASK FATHER: Using the traditional offertory prayers in the Novus Ordo. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- More about my post: “When they come to destroy your business because you are pro-traditional family”
- New Chant CD from the outstanding Benedictine Monks of Norcia! (And a note about a pilgrimage.)
- Remembering Card. George with the Canons of St. John Cantius
- ACTION ITEM! Newly widowed mother of EIGHT! Please help.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- NEW “Pontifical Canon” for use by Bishops in the Extraordinary Form
- WDTPRS: 2nd Sunday after Easter (1962MR): devastation and rising
- Sr. Joan on ‘the soul’
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail or ¡Hagan lío!
- WWII Chaplain saying Mass as the armor rolls in
- Francis Card. George – RIP
- Of the LCWR and the end of the CDF “crackdown”
- San Francisco: ACTION ITEMS! SPIRITUAL BOUQUET! MASS MOB!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: “But Father! But Father!”
Over at The Catholic Thing Fr. Gerald E. Murray has a good essay about denial of Holy Communion: it isn’t “punishment”. With a few edits…
Denial of Communion Awakens Conscience
By Fr. Gerald E. Murray
Cardinal Walter Kasper published another article in the run-up … Continue reading
From a reader…
If two Catholics marry, have children, divorce, and then successfully obtain a decree of nullity, are the children then considered illegitimate in the eyes of the Church?
This is a concern regarding an acquaintance of mine who I am … Continue reading
An alert blogging priest out there wrote to me this morning…
Is Pope Francis reading Fr. Z’s blog?
What would all this be about?
He linked to a summary of Pope Francis non-magisterial fervorino for a weekday Mass (HERE) in which he said:
“One … Continue reading
From a reader…
Often, I will hear the notion that Catholics have a right to the sacraments based on canon 843.1. However, the Sacrament of Orders is clearly not a right according to paragraph 1578 in the Catechism. What is the … Continue reading
I once wrote something extensive on Pontius and Hippolytus (and Cassian) which I will reproduce here for your convenience (edited):
Today is the commemoration of Sts. Hippolytus and Cassianus (or Cassian), martyrs (13 August). “But, Father! Wait!”, you are sure to being … Continue reading
This, via the Beeb. Go there for more and video:
USB ‘critically flawed’ after bug discovery, researchers say
Cyber-security experts have dramatically called into question the safety and security of using USB to connect devices to computers.
Berlin-based researchers Karsten Nohl and Jakob … Continue reading
One of the dumbest things I’ve read for a while: Kelly Kultala, pro-abortion Dem candidate in Kansas
First, there is no such thing as a pro-choice Catholic.
Catholics are not free to choose what they are going to believe and what they are going to reject when the teachings are defined by the Church.
The much-vaunted Second Vatican Council … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Rev. Thomas Paprocki of Springfield in Illinois, who is not afraid to use exorcisms, has issued a pastoral letter called Ars celebrandi et adorandi… The art of celebrating and worshiping. He has taken his title, surely, from … Continue reading
From a reader…
The Congregation for the Clergy’s 1997 “ON CERTAIN QUESTIONS REGARDING THE COLLABORATION OF THE NON-ORDAINED FAITHFUL IN THE SACRED MINISTRY OF PRIEST” [HERE] says that “the habitual use of extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion at Mass thus arbitrarily … Continue reading