Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- iamlucky13: “a child who has learnt the more important definition s will have the framework of the Catholic faith available for the rest of his life. “ Quite true. I was raised in the...
- Lurker 59: The Church, being as old as she is, has dealt with practicall y every sort of corruption in the hierarchy imaginable . The issue of active predatory abusive homosexual clergy is hardly...
- Lurker 59: Three points: 1. Memorize while one is young and it is easy. It may be tedious, but it will be more so when the brain is older and less plastic. 2. When we memorize a thing, if we...
- acardnal: AND let us be clear, the American Z(ee) is certainly not Z(ed).
- Ed S: This past Fall, the phrase, “Hai l and Blessed be the hour and moment in the which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary… ;.”. It drove me crazy as I could not...
- BrionyB: I’m sure @FatherTF knows this very well and has tongue firmly in cheek, but the ‘-ize’ ending is of course ‘Oxford spelling’ and not an American invention! Continuing to pray daily for Fr...
- Therese: A good argument for studying Latin!
- Therese: Thank you, Peter, and God bless. I have seen your reply on another thread and was reminded to pray for you (and all those like you, who are under a terrible attack these days). Please keep...
- Amerikaner: Not a coincidenc e from the spiritual perspectiv e.
- CharlesG: I read St Peter Damian once expecting his book to be a very harsh condemnati on of the homosexual ly practicing clergy tout court, i.e., something “med ieval̶ 1; in the worst...
- Imrahil: Though, A principle reason why a man says “Yes” is because He wants to do God’s will, without which he puts his own eternal salvation at risk. for this issue we have learnt that rumours to...
- Imrahil: Dear Justalurki ngfool, I find it rather astounding that you find “unf athomable depravity& #8221; in the fact that a convicted felon receives his just punishment , just because he...
- Peter Stuart: May God reward Bp. Fellay and the late Abp. Lefebvre. If it wasn’ ;t for them and men like them, my struggling BS-weary SSA self would probably have bounced out of the Church...
- (X)MCCLXIII: Dear Mrs Anchor, Might I suggest that it would not be prudent for anyone at all to take employment in a strip club or sex shop? ;-) Still, I’m sure we all see what you mean.
- Bellarmino Vianney: 2 Timothy 3:13 discusses these people: “whi le evil men and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceivers and deceived.& #8221; What is interestin g is the lack of...
- Tina in Ashburn: Can homosexual s serve as clerics in the Church? From the many reports, studies and stories I have read, the weakness for this sin is most often rooted in in the now-common socie...
- Tina in Ashburn: Thank you Father for a smokinR 17; hot post, tellinR 17; it like it is Writing an opinion on a book that I haven̵ 7;t read ain’ t right. However seeing that Fr....
- un-ionized: Kathleen10 , Your comment here is very good. I have extensive experience dealing with priests with homosexual tendencies . The main problem is their narcissism which so often is malig...
- teomatteo: My mother and father had 9 kids. Dad was a barber who worked 6 days a week. A cage?
- MrsAnchor: @Jerome Charles .. Somethings tricky about this and perhaps a few on here would be willing to elaborate? Or this could be Fr Z’a next post along with The Discipline s we can do outside...
- Semper Gumby: Fr. Rutler wrote: “Whi le other generation s have known philosophi cal and physical conflicts, ours is conspicuou s for an evaporatio n of moral certitudes by which good and bad...
- TRW: The 2005 document of the Holy See ” Concerning the Criteria for the Discernmen t of Vocations with regard to Persons with Homosexual Tendencies in view of their Admission to the Semin...
- The Egyptian: Per the letter from “you r Real Catholic Friends 221; My feelings exactly, I am SOOOOO tired of victims by their own actions. If you understood the hell my wife and I have...
- Amerikaner: It’s all about justifying their sinful behavior. End stop.
- Hb: Amen, Father, Thx for your clarity and clear thinking.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Fr. Finigan @FatherTF and the importance of memorization
- During the Rome “summit” we celebrate the Feast of St Peter Damian, Doctor of the Church
- Rome abuse “summit”, an SSPX video, and an @fatherz Jeremiad
- The Rome “summit”, “gay” priests, and #sodoclericalism – Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fr. Rutler’s Weekly Column
- BOOK RECEIVED: 1962 Parish Ritual – HUZZAH!
- Archbp. Viganò offers thoughts on The Present Crisis before the Rome “Summit”
- Suffering and attacks on the Church’s “Eldest Daughter”
- Mister McCarrick
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Shiny little fish!
- Interesting observation by @CCPecknold about laicization of McCarrick
- WDTPRS – Septuagesima Sunday: PRE-LENT BEGINS!
- Of Flaring Suns and Starry Nights
- A quick book plug: A Catholic Introduction to the Bible: The Old Testament
- Opportunity: R.I.P.
- POLL: Prayers after Mass
- “Know also this, that, in the last days, shall come dangerous times.”
- Do you know priests who are struggling, under attack? Terrific movement: Seven Sisters Apostolate
- Movement in the causes of Bl. John Henry Newman and Card. József Mindszenty
- ASK FATHER: During sick call, tea and biscuits before administering Communion
- Another look at Catholic/Islamic statement: “diversity of religions … are willed by God in His wisdom”
- Your Good News
- “Rumors that a certain prelate threatens his orthodox priests with institutionalization or laicization are not rumors… they are truth”
- BREAKING: Rubrics and color-blindness
- Card. Kasper attacks Card. Müller who publicly proclaimed Catholic doctrine
- Thoughts about ‘ad orientem’ worship and priests being bullied
- How many baptist pastors are married?
- 10 February – St. José Sánchez del Río, Martyr
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Coda alla Vaccinara with digressions into Roman stuff, like a new old confraternity
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Category Archives: In The Wild
Elsewhere I said that I was in Tokyo. I’m still in Tokyo. I am here with a great group of guys for some R&R. On the evening of my arrival, one of the key figures of Una Voce Japan graciously met … Continue reading
I sincerely believe that the Prayer for Vocations which I posted here, and which seems to be spreading across the lands, will bear great fruit. Today I received a note from a priest in Sacramento with a link to a … Continue reading
¡Hagan lío! I had a nice note from a reader who met a seminarian recipient of one of your birettas. Here at Fr. Z’s Samizdat, for now I’ll anonymize this “In The Wild” pic. It is just better that way, … Continue reading
Everyone, make plans to party. Today is the anniversary of the elevation of His Holiness Pope Clement XIV to the See of Peter in 1769. His family name is Ganganelli. One good way to celebrate the glorious event of his election … Continue reading
I enjoy getting “In The Wild” pics with Z-Swag. Here’s a great one… from a reader… via Twitter… I have car magnets to support our priests and bishops. >>HERE<< Check them out! Example:
The XIVth Popes are pretty impressive Pontiffs. We know and love Papa Ganganelli – Clement XIV of Happy Memory – in particular for his suppression of the Jesuits. But let us also consider the greatness of Papa Lambertini – Benedict XIV of especially Happy … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Johnson, USN, sent me a photo of his newly acquired Papa Ganganelli (aka Clement XIV Of Glorious Memory) coffee mug. Here it is, strategically situated in Father’s stateroom aboard USS KEARSARGE (LHD3). Fr. Johnson regularly celebrates the TLM … Continue reading
Updates to be added, below! (Hint: fun!) Originally Published on: Mar 2, 2017 The other day I shared a photo of my newly arrived Pope Clement XIV mugs. Clement XIV’s family name was Ganganelli. At that time I also said … Continue reading
In a fit of reverence, I created some drinkware in honor of Pope Clement XIV (Ganganelli), of happy memory. Don’t worry, I am not hoarding it. On the contrary! It is available to all comers. Today I received my own concrete … Continue reading
First, just a nice image from the new camera I am using. The photos are great, but it is a little clunky to get them from the camera to the blog in a timely manner. One of my errands on … Continue reading
Every once in a while I get photos of Z-Swag “in the wild”. This came in today with the message: Someone ripped it off the car, while parked at […]. It went down fighting! (Note the tough shards.) The sticker … Continue reading
My new “Zed Head” mags are everywhere. Here is a photo sent from a reader who found a way to get the image onto his motorcycle helmet.
I received a note from a reader today: If a note of appreciation helps you to keep going, consider this a thanks. PS. I’m sewing a Zedhead patch on the back of my leather biker jacket. I ride a Yamaha … Continue reading
It’s time to have a little fun. Over at the piranha tanks of Fishwrap‘s combox, you readers – you – were being ridiculed as … “Zed-Heads”. For those of you who may not know, “Zed” is a British English way … Continue reading
It’s the feast (in some places and for some groups) of Bl. John Henry Newman. Who can forget his beatification by Benedict XVI? Those of you who may be new readers may not know about the mug I made with … Continue reading