- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Theodore said Dress the part, and soon you are the person you ap...
- boxerpaws1952 said Spade wrote, “Is it time to close every Cath...
- CatholicMD said Reason # 234674365438 to get rid of permanent deac...
- Lin said Thank you for wearing a cassock! We have been on...
- Ed the Roman said Jesus never said anything about cassocks beyond ...
- Patti Day said My parish was fortunate to have two seminarians vi...
- Magpie said RCG, did you really mean to type ‘Evangelii gaudi...
- smittyjr63 said Father Z, next time you are asked if the cassock i...
- lucindatcm said Food for thought, as usual. Thanks, Fr. Z!
- Fr Martin Fox said I tell people that wearing a cassock smooths out m...
- cmnunis said Can I, if I was a permanent deacon (and I think I...
- Mr. Green said Not only did reading aloud help with remembering,...
- smittyjr63 said LOL, so this is just more proof of Mr. Shaw’...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said Interesting comments. In my Western Dominican Pro...
- MikeR said I just wish the first Confiteor was being said at...
- Cafea Fruor said I guess I’d be afraid of a cossack, especial...
- Fr Martin Fox said Several thoughts: > Under the circumstances, n...
- rcg said I am glad CNS did it. I am Traditional, but Shaw...
- Fern said Let us see cassocks, clerical garb, habits!! Wear...
- FrSam said I wear my cassock at least every Sunday. Never ha...
- msokeefe said It would be funny coming from a married permanent...
- kiwiinamerica said One of the more humorous and ironic aspects of thi...
- Quanah said I agree with, Elizabeth. CNS was right to fire Mr....
- AdTrinitatemPerMariam said Father’s homily at Mass today could be summa...
- Scott W. said Hmmm…I understand the choir can also wear a...
- Father G said The 2014 Liturgical Ordo published by the FSSP sta...
- Kathleen10 said Please allow me to chime, although this is a cleri...
- yatzer said Thanks, Father.
- Irenaeus G. Saintonge said The Mass I attend, celebrated by the FSSP, has had...
- Netmilsmom said CNS should have had a “member in good standi...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Category Archives: In The Wild
At the blog Defende nos in proelio there was a great post about what happens when you put Z-Swag on your car.
Go over there and spike their traffic. It involves Fr. Finigan, and a car blessing and a run in … Continue reading
A shot of one of my Say The Black Do The Red mugs “in the wild”.
These mugs can do double-duty, of course. I have a Latin version of the same near to hand and it holds pens and reading glasses.
But … Continue reading
His Hermeneuticalness is Down Under at the moment and he caught sight of some Z-Swag!
Check it out.
Technorati Tags: Australia, Fr. Finigan, Z-Swag
A reader sent a shot of some Z-Swag!
This driver has excellent taste.
Technorati Tags: car magnets, In The Wild, Z-Swag
I got one of my car mags today.
They are really clear!
I received a nice photo of some Z-Swag “in the wild”! His blog is HERE.
Click HERE for swag!
In the meantime, perhaps the Holy Father needs something:
Technorati Tags: In The Wild, Z-Swag
A reader sent this great photo of one of my “Say The Black Do The Red” insulated coffee travel mugs!
I really enjoy your “In The Wild” photos. This one especially!
Technorati Tags: coffee, In The Wild, Z-Swag
My good friend, His Hermeneuticalness, the great Dean of Bexley and p.p. of Blackfen, the unabashedly Unreconstructed Ossified Manualist, Fr. Tim Finigan, posted at his excellent blog shot of some of my Cafepress Z-Swag caught “in the wild”.
Go there for … Continue reading