Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Jim of Bowie said Amen
- Facta Non Verba said Good message today, as always.
- LeslieL said I grew up with both cats and dogs – my da us...
- my kidz mom said Thank you for this opportunity, Fr. Z. Sent 8 pa...
- MouseTemplar said If everybody sent just one pair, I’m sure Fr...
- jameeka said Bossuet’s meditation is the best, most ratio...
- Tina in Ashburn said Cats have claws, 9 lives, and are acrobats. They n...
- tramtrist said 2 pair on the way
- Del said Dr. Edward Peters says: 14 April 2014 at 5:19 pm 2...
- TWF said Father – to answer your question on my earli...
- The Masked Chicken said Come on, guys, send that foot wear. As Rowan and...
- The Masked Chicken said Should read: If one is eating merely to take a pil...
- The Masked Chicken said “Not everyone is going to have a caffeine pi...
- HeatherPA said Prayers for all and Fr. Z~ Please pray that my hus...
- Mike said For a successful commencement of therapy this Thur...
- TKS said Ten pair sent from an old vet. Glad to help.
- TopSully said PS – I’ll be sending in an order tomor
- TopSully said @HobokenZephyr – it is not only your right,...
- RafqasRoad said Good News, My friend A. and family in Far North Qu...
- xavier217 said He was safe. There is footage filmed from the 3rd...
- Sandy said Thank you, Father! I also needed a good laugh! I...
- MarthainCanada said That cat is SO not a helicopter parent! I want bo...
- chen2 said 8 pairs sent!
- Random Friar said As a historian, I often ask myself: How did the It...
- HobokenZephyr said @Mike: Bellyaching may not be a corporal work of...
- HobokenZephyr said 10 on the way in honor of military chaplains who h...
- MouseTemplar said We sent one of each. So much better than chocolate...
- StJude said Praying for all. For Brian who entered the Marines...
- Ichabod said I’ve always chuckled at the following dog-ca...
- StJude said Yep!
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
- BIG PUPPET ALERT!
- How Italians differ.
- Z-SWAG: In The Wild – Phoenician Edition
- Your Palm Sunday notes
- LENTCAzT 40: Palm Sunday – “pause, take time to reflect”
- I’m sure the content has nothing to do with their choice.
- The ‘c’atholic Left, Faketivism, and You
- SAUDI ARABIA: Woman professes Christ. Eyes and mouth SEWN SHUT
- The Magisterium of Sophomores: another High School explosion
- WDTPRS: Palm Sunday – the transforming example
- Msgr. Guido Marini reconfirmed as Papal MC
- LENTCAzT 39: Saturday 5th Week of Lent – “meaning of life and death”
- Pope Francis on the Devil, modern education “horrors”, mother and father families
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 38: Friday 5th Week of Lent – An examination of conscience
- ITE, RODENTES! Talk about drama!
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: On the road
Back on the road after the great Legatus meeting and a few short days with my mother.
Now I am heading North, but not immediately to the Steam Pipe Trunk Distribution Venue. No . I get to … Continue reading
The theme of pretty much the whole day yesterday was: courage. We have to be courageous now and stand up for what we believe, for the Enemy is not going to relent.
Last night Archbp. Chaput was the celebrant for Mass. … Continue reading
Here is a view of the Christmas tree at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The display of Neapolitan figures around the tree this year is incoherent at best. However, I did like the pig crossing the bridge and the monkey … Continue reading
At the Met in NYC you will see a Madonna and Child with Sts Philip and Agnes.
Herein is our little Savior with His Christological Goldfinch.
Those of you who are new here may wonder what in creation I am … Continue reading
And so it begins. A perk!
Thanks to a reader I am using a Kindle Paperwhite, which we can now use during takeoffs!
Wonderful soups, so different.
I am at the Detroit Institute of Art for the day. After the court decision, some of the art here will surely be sold off. Ah the fruit of the decades long efforts of liberal democrats!
In any event…
This … Continue reading
Today began with a long drive and big breakfast. I rather like road trips.
I am in my native place and have met a friend who is on the Minneapolis PD. We have begun to kill some paper.
NB: muzzle flash!
I tried … Continue reading
As I wing my way away from Gotham.
Just a glimpse or two of some wonderful moments from my stay.
A stroll in Central Park with all the leaves changing.
A detail of a medieval Sacramentary from the Hildesheim exhibit at the Met … Continue reading