Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Sword40 said If the Government is fer it I agin it.
- Siculum said Yum! You need a stove. I wish I could give you...
- Dennis Martin said Simon Dodd, directed at me: “”What ar...
- Dennis Martin said For Andrew Saucci and all who are following his li...
- Grumpy Beggar said From the OP : “I wish he did have cappa. May...
- The Egyptian said jeffreyquick says So it would appear that the USC...
- jeffreyquick said Pace Chris_R, I find this argument (http://ace.mu....
- The Egyptian said Oh Andrew, how ever did this Catholic Blog ever ge...
- HighMass said Oremus: Pater, da nobis serenitas Sicut Benedictus...
- SimonDodd said Dennis Martin says: “Since the FCC adamantly...
- SimonDodd said I am by no means defending the FCC’s reclass...
- Andrew Saucci said I have no great trust for government, and certainl...
- scholastica said I didn’t read it as mocking. In fact I was i...
- HeatherPA said I miss his papacy very much. I pray for him as muc...
- dhgyapong said Someone ought to crowd fund a cappa magna for Card...
- benedetta said Yes I recall that now. That was a very odd statem...
- Michael said “We must with charity try to look past our n...
- Joseph-Mary said He fled from the wolves but now the wolves are at...
- Dennis Martin said Chris_R When you have a moment, I have some oceanf...
- JBS said I think it should be said that this blog helped ve...
- Bosco said ‘The Peter Principle’
- Suburbanbanshee said Now, if I said that the Swiss Guard Ninja Death Sq...
- Suburbanbanshee said I wasn’t mocking. Have you ever tried to ben...
- Suburbanbanshee said The only appropriate comment would be to appropria...
- benedetta said When paid pr (oh, excuse me, “the media̶...
- chris_R said Comparing this with the (un)Affordable Care Act is...
- asperges said To your third question of two years ago, “Wi...
- pannw said I had to Bing soutane to find out that it was a ca...
- pannw said The Egyptian, thanks for pointing that out. I saw...
- Bosco said Just when something like this welcome (?) news of...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Internet to be regulated by Feds… what could possibly go wrong?
- Bp. Galantino, 66, resigned
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent: Purify your “spiritual view” lest God be offended
- Two years ago… Sede Vacante
- Hit job on Card. Pell because he’s doing his job
- LENTCAzT 11: Ember Saturday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Ancient Greek Fish on Friday
- Will Pope Francis be the only able-bodied diocesan bishop NOT to celebrate Mass of the Last Supper with priests and people?
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent
- ACTION ITEM! PLENARY INDULGENCE on FRIDAYS OF LENT!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- What the Duke wanted for his daughter
- 3 March RELEASE – PRE-ORDER new music CD for Easter from Benedictines of Mary
- St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows: Patron of Handgunners
- How US school lunches now compare to other countries
- Look! DOWN from the sky!
- Camille Paglia interviewed. Great stuff on feminists, the Irish influence, more.
- 28 Feb Card. Dolan @ Holy Innocents – Manhattan – Mass for Fr. Groeschel & Book Club
- SYNODGATE: A canonist weighs in – Fr. Z gives advice
- SYNODGATE – Five Cardinals Book stolen from participants’ mailboxes at last year’s Synod on Family
- Pontifical Council for Culture… winning the minds and hearts of women everywhere!
- LENTCAzT 09: Thursday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Reason #142 for Summorum Pontificum
- Brick by Brick in St. Louis
- “Filial appeal” to Pope Francis asking him to hold the line
- St. Patrick’s Day promotion for Courageous Priest – reminder
- LENTCAzT 08: Wednesday of the 1st Week of Lent
- The Feeder Feed: Chicago Edition
- How he should have responded to the “gotcha” question
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: On the road
Several people have written about meeting up with me while I am in London (which is only for a few days).
I don’t know if people regularly go to The Coal Hole after the 6:30 PM Mass at Corpus Christi on … Continue reading
See my UPDATE, below.
Farewell to Rome.
Off again. It must be 90F on the plane.
Our flight to London suffered some delay but I made it.
I met some folks and the first thing we did was find three glass of the cherry … Continue reading
I had a lot to do in Rome today, many errands. I won’t bore you with them. Most of you want to know what I ate, anyway. I made breakfast in my own place: eggs over easy with prosciutto in … Continue reading
The Confraternity of Catholic Clergy conferences continueth.
Today we have as our speaker His Excellency Most Reverend Augustine DiNoia, OP. He is speaking on … wait for it… priesthood. He is a gifted teacher.
The talk about priesthood we just heard was … Continue reading
The was a beautiful Mass at the FSSP church today, a Pontifical Mass at the Faldstool, Palestrina’s Missa Papae Marcelli.
Some of the Family of the Immaculate there in choro.
And now lunch.
The Confraternity of Catholic Clergy (CCC) is meeting. Card. Pell is addressing … Continue reading
I am on the ground at FCO. On the way down we had some splendid mountains and at the end a nice view of the ruins of ancient Ostia. Alas I didn’t have my camera ready early enough for a … Continue reading
I am waiting for my first flight of the new year. Oh joy.
Weather is not good here, but I built in extra time for delays.
Meanwhile, I have pulled up the funeral of the murdered NYPD officer on my phone … Continue reading
Two more flights to wind up this calendar year. Alas, it has to be one from Orlando. Happily it’s a short hop to the next, and last leg. I think Orlando may be the airport I hate more … Continue reading
Off again, hopefully for the last trip of the calendar year!
I’m reading Peter Kwasniewski’s new book. HERE
I’m reminded of the big band song from WWII. “You’re 1-A in the Army, but you’re A-1 in my heart!”
The (Delta) screen is … Continue reading
I have wanted to attend the Confraternity of Catholic Clergy conference in Rome from 5-9 January. I’m doing travel arrangements right now (and I sure could use some donations for it… I don’t get C.Ed. allowances, etc. … Continue reading