"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Geoffrey said What was the message from Pope Francis?
- Vincent said Dare I say, RomanRevert, such a procession was see...
- romanrevert said I suppose that a procession of this type and size...
- Sandy said To hear that wording is certainly irritating. I h...
- Joseph-Mary said Oh.My.Goodness! Look how many are participating! A...
- Bosco said Archbishop Chaput said: “If we ignore the po...
- SaintJude6 said So I just did a quick google search on Ebola, asym...
- SaintJude6 said This is what really has me puzzled. Why is there...
- bookworm said “How are these people picking up Ebola when...
- Fr Martin Fox said I often wonder if those who go in for this sort of...
- visigrad said Dear ts…..God Bless you. I am a DRE and he...
- defreitas said Wonderful, wonderful article, thanks father for po...
- elijah408 said When we say “his” Holy Church, we are...
- acardnal said It must be glorious to celebrate the Usus Antiquio...
- MGL said It turns out Father Hunwicke speaks in the same de...
- disco said Cardinal Burke was clearly inoculated against Arge...
- Cantor said Having been schooled in the great days of the Tyra...
- Suburbanbanshee said Simon_GNR – I sympathize with your point, bu...
- Mike said True story: I was serving a NO funeral Mass, and t...
- Suburbanbanshee said lucindatcm – First off, I’ve never hea...
- Cincinnati Priest said Thanks for all suggestions. Unfortunately, due to...
- KateD said There was a book published a number of years ago c...
- Cincinnati Priest said Bravo, Fr. Z. We need to hear this more often whe...
- Suburbanbanshee said First off, the NYC doctor could have done a perfec...
- Suburbanbanshee said Nice!
- Sid Cundiff in NC said The fourth picture suggests that the Carabinieri s...
- HeatherPA said And a doctor who has traveled back to the USA, pas...
- HyacinthClare said Bravo!! Bravo!! WONDERFUL writing!! YES!! I a...
- Michaelus said You can link through to the paper. The results wer...
- Gerard Plourde said Fr. Z, Thank you for printing the full answer. Con...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Father’s job is to say “No.”
- Rome – Day 6: Procession, Pontifical Mass at St Peter’s #SumPont2014
- USArmy: Ebola virus can go airborne in low temperatures
- What Archbp. Chaput really said about the Synod
- Bishop calls England to conversion to Christ. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: “God’s Holy Church” not “His” – inclusive language
- Rome – Day 4: No Show Edition
- Large gesture of openness toward SSPX!
- WDTPRS 30th Sunday of Ordinary Time: “In His will is our peace.”
- Benedict XVI sent text of talk to University: relativistic dialogue and “lethal ideas”
- Salt and Light attacks Card. Burke: sticking to the ideal instead of ministering to people
- ASK FATHER: The priest changes many things during Mass
- ASK FATHER: Placement of choir
- Michael Voris, Card. Burke… corrections
- ROME – Day 3: Vestments, cont. Other stuff.
- 22 October: Sts. Nunilo and Alodia! Virgins and Martyrs
- ROME – Day 2: Vestments edition
- Oh the humanity!
- D. Pittsburgh: Extraordinary Form Parish
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: On the road
Some last errands before I leave Rome.
I went to a Vatican “Bank” ATM to check on the status of my account, which I have maintained since the 80′s.
I spent time in the Augustinianum library today. It is the best … Continue reading
UPDATE: Since I posted this, I have finished the second volume. Fun. It is sort of like…. Galaxy Quest meets…. The Magnificent Seven. It’s like… Stargate meets… Indiana Jones.
As I mentioned, there is a character in the book named after … Continue reading
Yesterday I did as much nothing as possible here in the Eternal City. I met a friend for lunch at a newly opened place not far from the Vatican. I may have found the best carbonara in Rome!
In … Continue reading
This morning we had our Mass at Santo Stefano, quite beautiful though dark on this dark, gray, rainy day.
Some Tintoretto… you know… same ol’…
Okay, forget about the Tintoretto. It poured incessantly for the whole morning and way into the … Continue reading
This morning I said Mass for us at San Moisè, which is convenient for the hotel. The sacristan is wonderful. He is as helpful and friendly as (most) Roman sacristan are… not. He was also interested … Continue reading
Today I said Mass in the Basilica of San Marco.
Yesterday I had met in the calle a small group, a family, from London who had a couple celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary. They wanted to know where they could have … Continue reading
We headed down to the hated Stazione Termini this morning. I get a shiver when I got there, after the years of daily commuting. I rather miss the clackety clack of the flipping cards on the departure and arrival … Continue reading
This morning we have a visit to some of the preservation and restoration workshops of the Vatican Museums.
Later, I hope to sneak into the Basilica through a back door and visit the tombs of the new saints.
Among the many … Continue reading
“But Father! But Father!”, I can hear most of you saying. “We don’t care about no stickin’ Collect for Low Sunday and infants, blah blah blah. You are in Rome! What did you eat?”
First allow me to say that the … Continue reading
We had a late start today, which was welcome. Mass at S Maria della Scala. the sacristy situation was … just as Roman sacristies usually are, especially in the hands of religious. Any one who has lived here knows exactly … Continue reading