Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Vincent1967: I was horrified to see this. I cannot believe that diplomatic niceties trump the defence of the absolute dignity of every human being from conception until natural death. I donR...
- Mat. Anna: These are non-Chalce donions, not Orthodox, just for anyone here who might be confused. [So, even less significan t.] This has been recently addressed in the Orthodox Church: http://...
- tamranthor: For those who would excuse this “hon or” by calling it diplomacy, the Holy See has no business doing business as usual, i.e. secularly. Yes, the Vatican is a City-State ,...
- Imrahil: Dear JonPatrick , the thing is that when Hitler did open war after it had been prolongued by appeasemen t, 1. it was proven as obvious that you couldnR 17;t have peace with Hitler....
- gaudete: ” The press office statement says that this award was part of a routine exchange of honors for diplomatic purposes during a state visit. Therefore, it has nothing to do with Ploume...
- Ave Maria: I have been told that exorcized blessed bells expel the demons in the air. No wonder those of the infidel want them silenced. And as to honoring an abortion supporter& #8230;and an...
- Eugene: I do not recognize the church I was baptized into and adhered to for my life anymore, I am so sick of all these sick happenings . Truly there is an agenda, and its not so hidden anymore. I...
- Fr Martin Fox: If you will forgive me, Father: it occurs to me that some may read this and be unclear on a precise point. Is a confession not valid if the penitent omits these aggravatin g circum...
- Fr Martin Fox: Regarding parish registrati on… My reading of Canon Law leads me to believe that no one is, strictly speaking, required to complete a parish registrati on. But it is a courte...
- Fr Martin Fox: Suburbanba nshee said: My hometown parish used to have a big map of the parish boundaries , in black and white, right up on the wall in the vestibule. So if people had any quest...
- YoungLatinMassGuy: Europe is lost. I have written it off. Don’ t think things like what we’r e seeing today DIDN’ ;T happen in the centuries leading up to the Fall of Constan...
- Suburbanbanshee: Re: reading Aquinas, “it would seem to be” means “thi s is an objection which I am about to demolish, or which is only partially true/appli cable.R 21;
- fishonthehill: So true… ;. “the y will mock” ;! As one who often wears the cassock (which I do not view as traditiona l garb… ; just my everyday wear), I show up at a neighbo...
- jschicago: Father, How much do you think the shoes would cost? €195? I couldnR 17;t find any shoes on the site, but found that price in an article from doing a search, but the article was from...
- David L Alexander: I think the whole idea of papal honors or any bestowal of orders of knighthood has become corrupted. I’ve seen too many instances of people getting awards for little other...
- LarryW2LJ: ” The press office statement says that this award was part of a routine exchange of honors for diplomatic purposes during a state visit. Therefore, it has nothing to do with...
- Michael: St. Catherine of Genoa, ora pro nobis!
- Gregg the Obscure: Archdioces e of Denver is revising and publishing parish boundaries (main revision is using road names and county boundaries instead of surveyor 8217;s descriptio ns so average...
- JonPatrick: This made me think of how over the weekend we watched “Dar kest Hour” ; where newly minted Prime Minister Churchill is almost alone in being determined to stand up to the...
- rtjl: It is getting very difficult to prevent my thoughts from turning in the following direction& #8230;. The abominatio n of desolation stands revealed in the heart of the sanctuary as (adulte...
- ServusChristi: In addition to that, I hear Italian faithful are not allowed to pray the Rosary aloud lest it offend the follower of the Religion of Peace. Or maybe even Earth hour may not be...
- Riddley: Father, you’ ve recommende d a book about Islam and the “War on TerrorR 21; several times. Could you remind us what it was please, as it seems rather germane. [I’l l...
- chantgirl: While I find it easy to believe that some higher up sympathize s with Lilianne Ploumen 217;s abortion and contracept ion “wor k”, I also have to wonder if the award was...
- Philmont237: I spent six months in a Muslim country having to listen to the call to prayer from the loudspeake rs of a mosque right next door to my apartment building. Returning to Germany and...
- thomas tucker: So, I take it the same thing would apply to confessing the enjoyment of something like impure thoughts- would one have to specify that they were impure thoughts about adultery? What...
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- An Armenian bishop “ordains” a deaconette
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
- ACTION ITEM! Petition against removal of historic Cross where Fr. Marquette died
- ASK FATHER: We want our children to have reverent Masses. Can we go to the SSPX chapel?
- VIDEO Bp. Athanasius Schneider interview about “Amoris laetitia” Controversy
- ASK FATHER: Should I tell a noisy penitent that we can hear everything said in the confessional?
- Observing the Feast of the Ass – 14 January
- A false #missilethreat is NOTHING compared to this REAL DEATH THREAT
- 14 Jan – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Fr. Murray on EWTN with outstanding commentary on recent developments
- Wherein Fr. Z comments on a @RorateCaeli post about priests, permissions and exorcism prayers. Then @fatherz rants.
- Wherein @MassimoFaggioli tosses another nastygram at the “rigorist” straw man
- ASK FATHER: URGENT EMERGENCY PREDICAMENT! Mass in Presence of a Prelate but we don’t have a Pax Brede!
- How bad is the situation of vocations to the priesthood tragic Germany?
- Esolen on virtue and chastity in “Wonder Woman” (not the one you immediately thought of)
- DISGUSTING LBGT story reveals something about homosexualist agenda in the Church. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Irish “Mass Path”, for secret worship, mapped and photographed (and some BOOKS)
- ASK FATHER: SSPX or Diocesan TLM – It is an “undue burden” to have to wait 3.5 hours?
- UDPATED Two stories intersect in Ch 8 of Amoris laetitia: An attack on Humanae vitae and a Cardinal speaks up
- Juxtaposition: Demolition of churches
- Yet another German moral mudslide: bishop proposes blessing homosexual relationships
- More bad art… but this time well-deserved!
- ACTON INSTITUTE is accepting applications for the $15K 2018 Novak Award
- VIDEO about legendary Latinist Fr. Reginald Foster, OCD
- 2 Feb – Rosary To The Interior: For the Purification of the Church
- Travel Vestments Update
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Category Archives: My View
On Tuesday 28 November in Madison, the Extraordinary Ordinary confirmed using the traditional Roman Rite. There were quite a few confirmands. We had people from Kansas, Minnesota, Maryland and North Carolina along with folks from area.
We started with a Solemn … Continue reading
From a reader…
This morning at Mass, I observed two or three people receive the Host in the hand, and then walk over to the extraordinary minister of the chalice, dip the Host in, and then put it in their mouth. I was cantoring … Continue reading
Since the day I was ordained, I have celebrated both forms of the Roman Rite, the Novus Ordo and the TLM.
When I am called upon to say the Novus Ordo, I jump up and help out. I prefer the older, traditional … Continue reading
Each time tweet attention hungry Massimo “Beans” Faggioli encounters a traditional or faithful person, position, or has a set back, he gets a little sour. He can’t really help it. He is angling for elevation as a cadre in the … Continue reading
The dying out of women religious, and the crisis of religious, priestly vocations. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
If anyone in the English speaking world knows what the status quaestionis is concerning American women religious it’s Ann Carey. She has written insightful books about, especially, why some orders are imploding from their own suicide pact with modernity. See … Continue reading
Most of my meals are accomplished alone. As a result, I don’t always make food that is complex. I do, however, sincerely enjoy making a larger meal for guests and consuming it in a leisurely way.
I have friends in town … Continue reading
I’ve had a lot of notes from people about a post from yesterday.
I have, once again today, prayed the prayer I mentioned. I am going to make this part of my routine for the foreseeable future.
Also, in regard to indefectibility, … Continue reading
Many these days feel a little helpless as the lib Steamroller of Ambiguity squishes sickeningly forward, reducing clarity to an amorphous goo of permissive self-justification.
What can we do?
Feel helpless no longer.
You have at your disposal – 24/7 – powerful arms against the Enemy … Continue reading
For some days now I have been avoiding watching news and news commentary shows, etc. So, through a look at my Twitter feed earlier today, I learned of the horrifying events in Las Vegas.
The usual hysteria is now pouring forth … Continue reading
Today is the Feast of Sts. Cosmas and Damian… in the traditional calendar of the Roman Church. I have a special affection for these saints as they are both my confirmation names. We get to say their names in the … Continue reading
A while back, I posted a comment on the post of a young man who had, quite properly, praised the work of those orders, fraternities and institutes set up under the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei“. He left out diocesan priests.
A … Continue reading
I am watching the sun rise on this portentous day from the Dreadful Airport of Madrid.
I am also using my spiffy app to see planets and stars.
This is the line up many people have been talking about. Jupiter and … Continue reading
This is the kind of note that make all the flak worthwhile:
A thousand times, thank you for your blog. I’m a Catholic in no small part because of this blog. When I first entered the Church ten years ago, I fell under … Continue reading
On Friday evening at Santa Maria sopra Minerva there was a beautiful Mass for which the ministers were of the Institute of Christ the King. There were a great many of the faithful present, including clerics… yes… they belong to the … Continue reading
Today I delivered the last of the fabric – Shantung – to Gammarelli for the travel vestments.
The combinations will be:
White (gold trim) & Red (silver)
Black (silver) & Green (silver)
Violet (silver) & Rose (silver)
White (gold) & Blue (silver)
There will be enough … Continue reading