Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- thomas tucker said I have gone to Mass there more than a few times. I...
- frjim4321 said wmeyer, as far as I’ve seen psychological he...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “Therefore, it is not licit to deny Holy Com...
- Gerard Plourde said Without knowing the full context it seems pointles...
- Thorfinn said Let’s leave it as: “The priest should...
- wmeyer said Oh, frjim, how utterly unsurprising that you would...
- RJHighland said Our Lord before he accended into heaven stated ...
- paladin said Jacobi wrote: That priest does not believe in the...
- vetusta ecclesia said Was the anti-trans movement in USA really called &...
- Dialogos said I feel this young man’s pain: two years ago...
- frjim4321 said Scott W., talk to anyone with psychological traini...
- dans0622 said Dr. Peters and Fr. Longenecker also blogged about...
- frjim4321 said “Priest should be named and shamed.” Shaming spee...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said 13k is pretty good for a group, Catholics, who eve...
- DavidJ said Spade: “Priest should be named and shamed...
- Gretchen said Cardinal Kasper is very cunning, of course. His ar...
- wised said frjim4321, I wonder if Christ, Present in the Euch...
- wised said frjim4321, I wonder if Christ, Present in the Euch...
- Charles said Fr. Z, I have a quick question for you. Recently,...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Unlike Yankeeland, the tribal diversity of Dixie h...
- Henry Edwards said frjim, For a priest to unlawfully insist on one st...
- RobS said frjim4321 wrote: I find it quite interesting that...
- SimonDodd said Isn’t it interesting how, for Fr. Jim, it...
- wised said If I could knee on the floor without assistance I...
- Scott W. said You are blaming the victim frjim4321. We’ve...
- frjim4321 said I find it quite interesting that the individual in...
- PA mom said That believing the literal words of Jesus with reg...
- Alaina said Father quoted, “Pope Benedict said: ‘T...
- robtbrown said Apparently, Liberal Fascism is alive and sleepless...
- Spade said Priest should be named and shamed with contact inf...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Kneeless in Seattle
- FOLLOW UP: Good news on the Spanish Front! – Spanish TLMs in D. Raleigh a success!
- ¡Hagan lío! Taking HIM to the streets!
- Card. Kasper gives YET ANOTHER interview to America Magazine and an Argentinian daily
- ONE MORE DAY 25% off – Book in defense of marriage, tradition
- Related issues?
- ASK FATHER: Biretta woes! Wherein Fr. Z offers wisdom.
- Dr. Peters on Sr. Walsh’s piece in America Magazine
- Nuns on the Bus: check out their ride!
- ATTENTION MEN: Pluscarden Abbey Monastic Experience Weekend
- The Feast of Angels
- OLDIE ASK FATHER: Eastern Subdeacon for Roman Solemn Mass? A Clerical Bedtime Story.
- Help the Transalpine Redemptorists!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: CQ CQ CQ … QSL?
- Bp. Conry (D. Arundel & Brighton) suddenly resigned. Fr. Z muses.
- Pondering Francis
- Malicious email from nefarious ne’er-do-wells
- Why “oikonomia” isn’t a solution for divorced and civilly remarried.
- WDTPRS 26th Ordinary Sunday – The Bowels of Mercy
- When inculturation is wrong: “whoring after ephemeral relevance, a prostitution to the present age”
- Fishwrap’s venomous MSW
- Multiple sins of the NETWORK nuns exposed
- “Bitter clash”? In your dreams, liberals.
- ASK FATHER: Baptizing aliens who burst into flames from water. No. Really.
- Give a little thought to the “what ifs”.
- Of Our Lady of Walsingham, Our Lady of Ransom, and a prayer
- Suggestions for your donations to good Catholic causes
- VIDEO: TLM at “Dome of Home”
- St. Pio and the Smell Test
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: My View
I begin a too short road trip today.
First, stop – St. Paul, because I need a hair cut. Actually, there is a meeting of my literary group. We are, this time, reading Richard Wilbur.
I like driving trips. I listen … Continue reading
I am a little surprised that I haven’t been sent any photos from the Solemn Mass we celebrated at the beautiful St. Martin of Tours in Louisville.
My great thanks to the new Juventutem chapter there and also to the pastor … Continue reading
As my time here in Louisville draws to a close, I want to share some shots of the beautiful altar cards we used at the Solemn Mass.
The nice lady who makes these and has the little cottage industry SPORCH (sometimes … Continue reading
I am off again.
However, before dashing to the airport, we had ourselves a Pontifical Mass at the Throne for Our Lady’s Feast.
Before Mass the bishop consented to consecrate a new chalice, which was then used for Holy Mass.
Yes, we need … Continue reading
From a reader…
Often, I will hear the notion that Catholics have a right to the sacraments based on canon 843.1. However, the Sacrament of Orders is clearly not a right according to paragraph 1578 in the Catechism. What is the … Continue reading
I once wrote something extensive on Pontius and Hippolytus (and Cassian) which I will reproduce here for your convenience (edited):
Today is the commemoration of Sts. Hippolytus and Cassianus (or Cassian), martyrs (13 August). “But, Father! Wait!”, you are sure to being … Continue reading
This, via the Beeb. Go there for more and video:
USB ‘critically flawed’ after bug discovery, researchers say
Cyber-security experts have dramatically called into question the safety and security of using USB to connect devices to computers.
Berlin-based researchers Karsten Nohl and Jakob … Continue reading
Today is a great day among Jesuits.
It is the 200th Anniversary of the Restoration of the Society of Jesus.
As you may know, the Society had been, for a while, suppressed.
To mark this day, the Jesuit-run America Magazine has published an interview. … Continue reading