Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- James said Claim a secret knowledge? Check. Radically differe...
- Ed the Roman said Great is the Middle Space of the Ephesians!
- tradcathwife said Desperate for a miracle! I’m a wife and moth...
- Mike said The LCWR and their clerical enablers spawned by th...
- mrshopey said Prayers for him and all over there. May he rest i...
- mrshopey said The underside, as they refer to it, consists of da...
- MrTipsNZ said “Ogres are like onions, they have layersR...
- Eugene said I can honestly say this has to be the most confusi...
- Philippa Martyr said I still don’t believe it’s a ‘vo...
- Per Signum Crucis said That is indeed nifty photoshopping… Perhaps...
- Per Signum Crucis said I think govmatt nailed it: this is Francis’s...
- Urs said Father, WHY are the 2 ‘sisters’( I ass...
- Bea said From Jihad Watch I also learned that if not them a...
- MikeM said Clearly not appropriate for mass, but I would be i...
- Philippa Martyr said Speaking of which, has anyone else here noticed th...
- Philippa Martyr said Oh, man – Wicked? That’s so 2010. Why...
- aviva meriam said I will pray for all of these intentions. Please k...
- Giuseppe said He sang a duet as a solo. That itself is problemat...
- Supertradmum said Horrible. Most inappropriate. What was this priest...
- aquinas138 said Almighty, everlasting God, look with compassion on...
- Giuseppe said @Ambrose_Phoenix – Agreed re. Wicked. It is...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Kaiser Wilhelm needed to be stopped. On the other...
- everett said Agreed that the song is excellent, my favorite fro...
- Ambrose_Phoenix said I absolutely love Broadway musicals, including Wic...
- LeslieL said You know, I’ve had a bad week – and it...
- Giuseppe said “For Good” is a pretty good song in th...
- gloriamary said Perhaps if people would dress appropriately for ma...
- Dienekes said “Oh nobody is going to like what I’m about t...
- gloriamary said Thanks for the laughs!
- haskovez said I actually completely disagree. I thought his sta...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- American journalist beheaded by members of Religion of Peace
- Ann Carey, expert on women religious, dissects LCWR keynote – “convoluted, confused, and unfounded”
- CRITICAL UPDATE!! LCWR Empowerment Moment
- MOSUL: ISIS Islamists forcibly circumcise Christian, sell Yazidi women as slaves
- ASK FATHER: Departing priest crooned a show tune at Mass
- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC4) on role of Congress and Pres. Obama’s lawlessness
- Religion of Peace to USA: “We will drown all of you in blood”
- Of “rubber bullets”
- Did Pope Francis predict his own death?
- Prayers for Pope Francis’ family
- Did Pope Francis really endorse airstrikes?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Michael Voris interviewed, speaks of the role of singles
- “Stand your ground armed with spiritual weapons!”
- LCWR wrap up
- NYC – Manhattan’s Church of the Holy Innocents – VIDEO
- Just for nice
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Home again, home again
- Bourbon country…
- My View For Awhile: Pontifical Edition
- GLOBAL KILLER ASTEROID ALERT (in other words… GO TO CONFESSION!)
- STUDENTS, PARENTS: Text Books, Back To School, and You
- PRP – 4th Glorious Mystery: The Assumption
- New art from Daniel Mitsui. Inculturation Alert!
- NY Observer: Holy Innocents Church – exploding in popularity
- Pope Francis tells NBC reporter he intends to visit Philadelphia
- ISIS supporters hand out leaflets in London, ask people to move to Islamic State
- ASK FATHER: Should I use a chapel veil for a priest friend’s first Mass (TLM)?
- A sense of the sacred: How to recapture it.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: The Feeder Feed
I haven’t posted about the feeder for a while.
Here is little Red-Breasted Nuthatch. Like most Nuthatches they tend to like being upsidedown.
The other day I heard a “SMACK” against the window and, when I went outside I saw one … Continue reading
The feeder is busy right now, since there has been a cold snap.
This year I have Redpolls.
This cold fellow is a Junco. They are mostly ground feeders. Here is one sitting in a bush outside my kitchen window. … Continue reading
It seems to me such a slow news day that I should… I dunno… tell jokes or maybe post a picture of some birds.
There was a great sun dog which I was able recently to enjoy.
Today I saw a lone Common Redpoll! They haven’t been around for a couple years.
It is nice to see a new visitor from time to time.
You can help … Continue reading
You know the story of Oedipus.
Here is a terracotta bell-krater from Paestum in S Italy. It is attributed to Python in the last quarter of the 4th c. BC.
In S Italy the tragic Oedipus was sometimes depicted in the … Continue reading
Here is a lovely statue of Mary, portrayed as a Queen, with her scepter of a stem of roses. She was made in about 1350. This statue is related to one in silver given by Jeanne d’Evreux to the … Continue reading
At the Met in NYC there is a nice exhibit of paintings and drawings of the Venetian school.
Here is a Madonna and Child Enthroned by Lorenzo Veneziano (+1372), obviously a Venetian painter.
There are touches of the byzantine in this portrayal.
Here … Continue reading
In the new Near East section at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, you are able to view “The Concourse of the Birds”, which is on a folio of the Mantiq al-Tair (Language of the Birds) of ‘Attar, painted in about … Continue reading
I am at the Metropolitan Museum in NYC, before a painting by Rubens (+1640) of the Holy Family with Sts John, Elizabeth, and a dove.
Rubens has returned from some time in Italy, which affected his colors and composition, and probably … Continue reading