Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Click the image below (they took away our search box!). Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's Fr. Z's
"catholic" search for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- robtbrown: Should be: I do, however, agree with Fr Jim on the notion of “fasting” from Communio.
- ChiaraDiAssisi: Thank you for informing us.
- Antonin: I mean in MY younger years̷ 0;women were all same age as me in 20’s and 30’s
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- WDTPRS – Palm Sunday: example that transforms
- LENTCAzT 2018 39 – Saturday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: When God seems to be asleep
- Fishwrap attacks @BpJamesJohnston of @DioceseKCSJ for stopping controversial concert
- 2018 Paschal Blue Moon on Vigil of Easter and more Moon stuff
- ACTION ITEM: Masses to rescue Lea Sharibu held by evil Islamic Boko Haram
- LENTCAzT 2018 38 – Friday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: The happiness of heaven
- Levity, Severity, the Confessional and YOU!
- Tucker Carlson’s series on plight of men in America, disastrous consequences for society
- ASK FATHER: Effect of Sacrament of Anointing in someone in mortal sin
- Really Bad Idea: sand in holy water fonts during Lent
- Author of The Dictator Pope suspended from the Order of Malta
- LENTCAzT 2018 37 – Thursday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: “The Easter problem is not….”
- How bad was the Three Days of Darkness this year?
- UPDATE – JUST TOO COOL! Battle Flag of LEPANTO reproduction available!
- Fishwrap’s Wile E. Coyote v. @DouthatNYT and his new book for Pope Francis’ 5th anniversary
- The Extraordinary Form “raises the bar”
- Lettergate produces a casualty: Msgr. Viganò. Well… not quite.
- LENTCAzT 2018 36 – Wednesday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: It’s madness!
- ROME – 7 April – Conference: “Catholic Church, Where Are You Going?”
- UPDATE & ACTION ITEM for St. John Cantius in Chicago – @SJCantius
- “Not so fast!”, says the damned soul. “Amoris laetitia says,…”.
- UPDATE on ACTION ITEM! Pray for important pro-life SCOTUS case! Arguments on 20 March.
- A charming 15th century view of St. Joseph
- My View For Awhile: Northward
- Author of “The Dictator Pope” revealed (officially) and book format now available
- LENTCAzT 2018 34 – Monday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: sin makes you stoopid
- ASK FATHER: Absolution at jail through glass, phone in visitor’s room
- The fruits of dumbing everything down, down, ever down.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes and Passion Sunday POLL: veils on images
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Category Archives: What Fr. Z is up to
The all too brief Gotham jaunt continued.
After my breakfast of champions I made another foray to the Met.
I’ve seen most of the older European collection so often that many of the paintings now greet me by name. Hence, I went … Continue reading
The city is beautiful right now, clear blue skies and mild temperatures. Couldn’t be better.
Yesterday, after settling in, I ran to the Morgan Library. There are exhibits now on Henry David Thoreau. It seems that the Morgan has just about … Continue reading
I’m off to deliver a challenge coin to the guys who pushed me over the edge finally to have mine made.
I’m tardy in the exchange but it’ll happen in the next couple of days.
Meanwhile my bag my been loaded on … Continue reading
MCI is a madhouse. Many people have some sort of eclipse commemorating shirt.
I was supposed to do a radio slot with Drew Mariani but in the chaos it didn’t work.
We had some clouds but mangaged to see some of the … Continue reading
This morning I had Holy Mass at St. Philippine Duschesne which is run by the FSSP. I thought it was to be a Sung Mass, but it turned out to be Solemn, which was a treat. Here are a few … Continue reading
I’m on my way to the path of the much anticipated shadow of your planet’s largest satellite.
There is a lovely sight in the sky this morning directly in the East. The Moon has lots of Earthshine and Venus is … Continue reading
I’ve had enough heat for the time being. Time to go.
At the airport TSA gave my bag their special attention (as I looked on) with all manner of care for restoring some decent order… not. Thanks for that.
The airport … Continue reading
Do you have some good news for the readership? It’s Monday, and we all need some.
For my part, Delta finely managed to produce my luggage… at 1:30 AM. It only took them 5 hours to get it here from … Continue reading
Now for a couple of flights, one shortish and one longish.
Not much going on at this airport today. Parking and check in and security were a breeze.
It is a fairly quick trip to see friends.
It’ll be hot, but it’s a … Continue reading