"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- NomenDeiAdmirabileEst said Nice footage, though why is he not making the sign...
- Gerard Plourde said Dear Gabriel Syne, Above you asked msc to prove th...
- joan ellen said Thank you, AnnTherese, for your words are the same...
- Gerard Plourde said Dear Katholos, The conditions for reconciliation w...
- pelerin said When I noticed that my local butcher (in England)...
- Gerard Plourde said Any road to reconciliation is going to be long and...
- katholos said I agree with Father Z that we need what the SSPX h...
- thomas tucker said @yatzer: that’s interesting. My father was...
- Bob B. said Reminds me of the Four Chaplains (aka: Immortal Ch...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Have a safe, uneventful flight back, Father.
- StJude said Oh my that all looks delicious!!!!
- AnnTherese said War after war after war… such great sorrow s...
- pelerin said I received this video this morning via an email fr...
- acardnal said VIDEO: Today Pope Francis met with Old Catholic bi...
- ASPM Sem said When I saw the video image I was like “Oh co...
- CrimsonCatholic said Masked Chicken, Most polling I’ve seen shows...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Gabriel Syme:You don’t address my argument....
- akp1 said There is a copy of a letter from PCED in 2008 when...
- Grumpy Beggar said . . . Quite humbling to watch. One can only wonder...
- iamlucky13 said Thank you for bringing up Father Kapaun. I had not...
- LarryW2LJ said I have found out that it’s not a good thing...
- Di said Dear Father Z, I can just see St. Jean-Baptiste-Ma...
- Marissa said If I remember correctly, only five chaplains after...
- Katherine said I was taken with the Catholic teaching that when y...
- msc said Father: you are guilty here of eliciting strong fe...
- msc said It’s a great shame that the marvellous, very...
- Marissa said Of course the issue of gender is fundamental here,...
- Netmilsmom said I’m so tired of the idea of asking Catholics...
- Kerry said In his book Flags of our Fathers, the author remar...
- yatzer said Water buffalo? They have water buffalo in Italy as...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- VIDEO: WWII – Shipboard Mass – 12 Feb 1945 before Iwo Jima
- Rome – Day 10: Last Day
- ASK FATHER: Donations for confessions
- ASK FATHER: All Souls Sunday – Gloria? Creed? What does the ‘Universal Ordo’ really say?
- Card. George on liturgical translation
- Coming to a neighborhood near you?
- Rome – Day 9: Caravaggio and Tramezzini and Uccelli
- Juxtaposition for your consideration
- ASK FATHER: How to support young priest whose pastor doesn’t want the TLM?
- Cybersecurity Threat Lurking On Your Phone
- ASK FATHER: Can a godparent marry a godchild? Confirmation sponsor a confirmand?
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio stuff
- Wymyn At Wyrk. “Priestesses” doing their thing. Hijinx ensues.
- Pondering Francis: Part II
- Rome – Day 8: INTESTINES!
- Pope Francis: “the family is being bastardized”
- ASK FATHER: Gloria and Creed for All Souls on Sunday?
- UPDATE: Did Card. Burke criticize Pope Francis? (Of course not, but the lexically challenged might not get that.)
- Explaining Burke Derangement Syndrome
- Not just new sins, but new categories of sins!
- Just Too Cool: Vatican Library manuscripts digitized, online
- Italian bishop forbids people to receive sacraments from SSPX
- Rome – Day 7: Umbrian Edition
- VIDEO: must watch! No. Really!
- Pope Francis doesn’t have to “break the Church”
- WDTPRS: Christ the King (1962MR) – “no hugs and fluffy lambs”
- Rome – Day 6: “FALL BACK!” Edition – REQUEST FOR PRAYERS
- Robin Hooders saving people from parking fines
- Benedict XVI to Juventutem for Summorum Pontificum pilgrimage
- Father’s job is to say “No.”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: New Evangelization
Our Collect for the 17th Ordinary Sunday has roots in the ancient Veronese Sacramentary for the month of July and, with variations, is in the Extraordinary Form on the 3rd Sunday after Pentecost. After some digging I determined that the … Continue reading
In Iraq, ISIS is bulldozing churches and turned the Cathedral of Mosul into a mosque. Meanwhile, many thousands of miles away…
… in the National Post:
What’s happening to Montreal’s churches? Quebec finding new ways to preserve its heritage in a … Continue reading
In the wake of the decision of the State tethered Church of England to have wyshyps (female bishops), the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham set up a “Exploration Day”.
You know that the Ordinariate was created according to the provisions … Continue reading
For your Brick by Brick file.
From the Democrat and Chronicle:
Catholic diocese upends custom on homilies
For the better part of 40 years in churches across the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester, clergy ceded the floor to laypeople for the delivery of … Continue reading
The Collect for the 16th Ordinary Sunday, not in any pre-Conciliar Missale Romanum, has its antecedent in a 9th century manuscript. Enjoy the fine clausula (rhythmic ending).
We have been cheated of the beauty of our Catholic worship in Latin, which … Continue reading
ORIGINALLY POSTED 15 May 2014
You helped the chaplain and the soldiers in Afghanistan with socks.
Now, help some nuns… the other warriors.
You know them, I’m sure: the Dominican Sisters in Summit, NJ. These are the legendary “soap sisters” of Seignadou Soaps. … Continue reading
I have read with concern and anger that a court in Louisiana has ruled that a priest of the Diocese of Baton Rouge, who had heard the confession of a minor concerning abuse by an adult, can be compelled to … Continue reading
With the rapid degradation of morals, the overturning of common sense and natural law, and the dissolution of civil rule of law in these USA we are seeing – and this is not a surprise – a rise of open … Continue reading
Many media outlets (e.g. NYT, NRO, Rod Dreher), are noticing the plight of the people of Holy Innocents Church in midtown Manhattan’s reviving Garment District.
There is now a good article at the National Catholic Register about Holy Innocents, though I … Continue reading
I saw a post at a Lutheran blog calling for - wait for it – more Latin in their liturgy.
As a convert to Holy Mother Church from Lutheranism, I found this pretty interesting. I am aware that there exists a … Continue reading