You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Singing Mum said Excellent post. Inspiring! This day of Pentecost a...
- Ted said OrthodoxChick: Just for your information, I have c...
- Random Friar said As former military, allow me to add my two cents....
- frjim4321 said OrthChick – - - Yes, http://www.crucial.com...
- Hank Igitur said April 1 has already passed by for this year, no?
- Random Friar said Yes, St. Francis was indeed a deacon. It seems he...
- Imrahil said Dear @Tom in NY, thank you for your kind answer. A...
- ray from mn said Some time ago, I heard or read that one of the dut...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Giuseppe, Many thanks! It seems very clear and use...
- PReagan said Thank you, Father! I was going to tell you about t...
- Giuseppe said Boston’s Deaconess Hospital (now merged with...
- OrthodoxChick said Ted, Thank you for the advice. It’s not an...
- Christopher said Jabba: 1)Bad RAM will frequently let you boot your...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said P.S. Celibacy was dropped as a requirement for Lut...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said Chris Garton-Zavesky, Yes, as mentioned above, a h...
- Muv said Is the pretty half of a Deaconite couple a Deacone...
- robtbrown said spencer says: As a permanent deacon (and I really...
- Andrew said Pater Z: Nesciebam “ordiri” textrinae esse propriu...
- Ted said OrthodoxChick: Sounds very much like the motherbo...
- frjim4321 said I’ve seen the “Deacon Couple” a...
- frjim4321 said Can you get on line with that machine? If so, if y...
- Giuseppe said @Venerator Sti Lot – This is the easiest lin...
- Cathy said I worked as a temp at one time putting computers t...
- yatzer said My Jewish friends in college referred to the rabbi...
- Venerator Sti Lot said What of attention to Latin Psalms, as existing pra...
- Giuseppe said Just as a priest’s wife (those rare priests...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Imrahil, The year we were workng mostly on Cicero...
- spencer said As a permanent deacon (and I really tire of using...
- ronconte said In the early Church, a deaconess was not necessari...
- JabbaPapa said The word “deaconess” has sometimes bee...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Category Archives: New Evangelization
First, GO TO CONFESSION! Why? Because of mortal sin and the results of mortal sin.
Don’t believe people can commit mortal sin? That it is really hard to commit an actual mortal sin?
Over at the blog of my friend the great … Continue reading
Bp. Vasa (D. Santa Rosa) under fire for requiring Catholic school teachers to live according to the Faith
The Santa Rosa Press Democrat has an interseting story about an initiative in the local Diocese of Santa Rosa where Most Rev. Robert Vasa is bishop.
It occurred to me as I read this that people who make a push for … Continue reading
I picked this up from Let Nothing You Dismay:
“If heretics no longer horrify us today, as they once did our forefathers, is it certain that it is because there is more charity in our hearts? Or would it not too … Continue reading
Great missionaries once went to mission countries such as China.
These U.S.A. are now mission territories.
I was inspired by something I read at NEWS.VA. Is this an idea for the weathly, formerly Christian lands in which most of you readers live?
Wen … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, gave a super sermon to converts who will enter the Church at Easter. It was for the Rite of Election on the First Sunday of Lent.
Here is a phrase that … Continue reading
Hell’s Bible has a piece about one way some people are trying to “revitalize” the Catholic Church in Brazil. Rather, this is how Hell’s Bible and those who work for the enemy against the Church want the Church to try … Continue reading
Today during his annual meeting with the clergy of the Diocese of Rome, of which Benedict is still the Bishop, the Holy Father spoke about the Second Vatican Council. Not my translation, but my emphases and comments:
[T]here was the Council … Continue reading
My old friend now-Archbishop Alex Sample, before his translation to Portland, issued a Pastoral Letter on Sacred Music for the Diocese of Marquette. It is called “Rejoice in the Lord” and it is a hit.
First, remember his spectacular sermon about … Continue reading
Fr. George Rutler has a fascinating and mind-concentrating bit at the site of Crisis. I hope it will encourage both you and others. Go check out Crisis for sure, but lest anyone in laziness not click over there, here is … Continue reading
Have you ever heard of “Santa Muerte”?
This is a perversion of things Christian which is on the rise in certain sub-cultures, especially criminal.
There is an article at the site of the FBI “Santa Muerte: Inspired and Ritualistic Killings (Part 1 … Continue reading