Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- PhilipNeri said The whiny vineyard workers use a secular notion of...
- SPWang said (Trad.) Fr. implored us to use the collect from th...
- defend_us_in_battle said The homily at the Traditional Latin Mass was spot-...
- Philippa Martyr said Arrrrgh. The verdict is in, me hearties!
- Philippa Martyr said EVERY day should be Talk Like A Pirate Day …
- Kathleen10 said StephenD, thank you. It is a very interesting dia...
- Giuseppe said Is the new Abp of Chicago friendly toward TLM? I...
- frahobbit said Remembering Fr Z’s words helped me keep my c...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Robertus Pittsburghensis, Thank you for the Latin...
- Stephen D said Kathleen10, Pirate talk is basically west country...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Thank you! This is delightfully done! It would be...
- SPWang said just one foot-note, of course… I saw what you did...
- The Cobbler said (Footnote to my more recent comment: I may be misr...
- letchitsa1 said I don’t suppose they could be lucky enough f...
- pannw said LarryW2LJ, Somehow, I have a feeling this isn̵...
- murtheol said Thank you, dear Imrahil, for you solid and polite...
- Gratias said Having been very vocal about human trafficking Pop...
- VexillaRegis said murtheol, I asked, because you come off as teasing...
- OrthodoxChick said Bryan D. Boyle, Thank you for all of the info. I...
- Unwilling said Two points may be of interest to some thinking abo...
- The Cobbler said Venerator Sti Lot’s comment on voluntarism i...
- Allan S. said I am please that you no longer seem to be living a...
- jflare said Landless, Seems to me you’re being more than...
- jflare said “First Sunday of September for them has to m...
- tradcathwife said I pray for all the intentions on this page. Dear R...
- jflare said DETROIT PISTONS thingey???? really???? I remember...
- jflare said On a note slightly off the beaten path, I’m...
- Imrahil said but then
- Imrahil said Dear murtheol, it may be misuse, and unintentional...
- The Cobbler said For what it’s worth, on the word “Isla...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Talk Like A Pirate Day – FOOT NOTE
- WDTPRS 25th Ordinary Sunday: Do you have unfinished business?
- “Be Thou King of all those who are still involved in the darkness of idolatry or of Islamism….”
- PSA: Talk Like A Pirate Day
- The blood of San Gennaro liquefied!
- Irish bishop caves under pressure, won’t ordain only male deacons
- ¡Hagan lío! TLM now more than ever!
- Up and away! St. Joseph of Cupertino
- RECENT NOTES and THANKS TO READERS
- HAM RADIO stuff again: Echolink QSL request by RADIOGRAM.
- Card. Kasper accused other Cardinals of attacking the Pope
- Synods and Sausage: having a Church isn’t for the squeamish
- ASK FATHER: Is it wrong to use Holy Water to bless my unbaptized children?
- Where are the September Ember Days? (And some other fascinating stuff!)
- “There are not a series of rules made up by the Church; they constitute divine law, and the Church cannot change them.”
- Emergency Contact, Medical Information and YOU!
- St. Robert Bellarmine
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM! 20% off Book in defense of marriage, tradition – Essay Titles!
- The possible demotion of Card. Burke. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fishwrap: Approve of “gay” sex or risk a shrinking, irrelevant Church.
- San Francisco: Pontifical Mass!
- ASK FATHER: What time of day should Father be saying his Office?
- Crux – Fr. Z’s initial observations
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Those zany Satanists!
- Good news on the Spanish Front!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: New Evangelization
In the traditional Roman calendar for the 1962 Missale Romanum Thursday (I am posting late) is Corpus Domini, or Corpus Christi. In the Novus Ordo many people are celebrating Corpus Christi on Sunday (which is really suppose to fall on the … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Gerald Murray, a canonist, has a good piece at The Catholic Thing about Communion for the divorced and remarried.
Denial of Holy Communion to the divorced and remarried, however, is not based on an assumption that everyone in an … Continue reading
I saw this on the facebook feed of a priest friend.
Preach about the Four Last Things!
Preach about confession!
Ed Peters, distinguished canonist, posted at his blog, In The Light Of The Law, about the upcoming autumn Synod on the family. He has no combox over there, but you should visit his place.
I suggest a careful reading of what … Continue reading
How many of you have heard someone object to Gregorian chant on the grounds that it is tooo haaard!
Here is a video about a summer camp where children as young as 8 years old are learning to sing Gregorian chant.
At … Continue reading
You may have heard that Pope Francis visited the Holy Land. On the flight back to Italy, His Holiness held another presser.
At this point many of you might be cringing as the thought “What could possible go wrong?” flashes through … Continue reading
This time of year many new priests are being ordained and, consequently, many priests observe their own anniversaries. Today is my anniversary.
In the traditional, Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite a priest can add orations for himself, Pro seipso sacerdote, … Continue reading
Our very own “acardnal”, frequent commentator, assisted today at the Solemn Holy Mass celebrated by the undersigned at Holy Redeemer in downtown Madison. He took some photos and has graciously shared them.
This was the first time that one of the … Continue reading
For your “Brick by Brick” file, in the El Paso Times:
El Paso Catholic Diocese to offer Mass in Latin [Will it be the Novus Ordo?]
“Oremus,” which means ‘let us pray’ in Latin will be heard regularly in Mass starting in … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Gerald Murray has a fine piece at The Catholic Thing about His Eminence Walter Card. Kasper’s odd proposals about the divorced and remarried, his notion that they can be, in their adulterous relations, tolerated but not accepted at … Continue reading