Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- jazzclass: Read “Gro up B” and then read “Gro up C.” Group B is the blatently non-substa ntial hogwash we’v e experience d for 60 years. Group C is substantiv e,...
- bigtex: Robtbrown – I agree with you that the roots of this current crisis comes from Germany. One only has to look at the Frankfurt School, which was a group of Jewish intellectu als that...
- Gaetano: Among the Biblical examples the Instrument um laboris provided, we saw certain ones as out of place: #77: Joshua succeeds Moses, but then he leads an army of conquest #81: The call of...
- robtbrown: bigtex says: “Again, Viganò has uncovered the root of The Present Crisis: homosexual s and homosexual predation – with the sodocleric alism that results.” No, the root of the crisis...
- SanSan: I was deeply moved by the letter of this young Italian girl, Sara Mansardo, to the Bishops on the occasion of the Synod on Youth. It was highlighte d in the Moynihan Letters. It speaks of...
- FrAnt: So I guess we are going to keep doing what has been proven not to work. It’s the late 60’s again, only gayer.
- Kathleen10: I can’ t. I tried. I peeked at one, I forget which, Headache-i cus Hereticus maybe, and scanned it, losing my focus on nebulous 70’s religio-ph rases and syrupy sycophancy ,...
- Amerikaner: Sounds like an NGO.
- SanSan: Our Youth need clear, concise, concrete Catholic formation. It starts with the parents and then with well formed Catechists /teachers (that are able to get by the current gatekeeper s).
- Imrahil: As for Taizé, let’ s give the topic the nuances it deserves. I am told that, in Taizé, where I have never been, the so called “Tai zé songs̶ 1; are actually used as what...
- Elizabeth D: English group A “Our Group discussed extensivel y the challenges and questions surroundin g the Church’s vision of the body and human sexuality. We have offered a modus to...
- WmHesch: So Taize prayer is going to get a mention, but not TLM? Taize is for old peopleR 30;
- Fr. Charles A. F.: Circulus Gallicus B, end of section 3 speaks of ‘cra fting a ritual of Eucharisti c celebratio n for young peopleR 17;. Gallicus C and Germanicus ask for a ‘...
- Angelo Tan: Relatio – D “Fou rthly, the issue of the liturgy found a good deal of resonance with our group. On the one hand, we acknowledg e that for many young people, in various parts...
- UncleBlobb: God bless you, Father. Have a great time. Memories of 2014 with you. Thank you.
- Spinmamma: Thank you for rememberin g us. I, for one, am truly in need of your prayers and am very grateful.
- Semper Gumby: My guess is that Birra Nursia would go great with Chick-fil- A.
- Semper Gumby: A fraction of the unhinged Left are taking occult things up a notch by reviving the Greco-Roma n Curse Tablets, worship of Hecate, and the Greek Magical Papyri. A few, er, how-to...
- Semper Gumby: In the wondrous, magical, socialist utopia of the Left no woman need ever fear again a nine-year old boy. Unicorns will parade through the streets and the clouds will be made of...
- dholwell: Pray the Rosary that the Holy Spirit will guide Pope Francis. And pray to Saint Michael the Archangel to defend us in battle.
- Semper Gumby: An “inc reasingly liquid paradigm of religiosit y”? That sounds not like a Synod document but a late night meeting of the minds in a college dormitory after a kegger....
- Semper Gumby: Interestin g. The difference s between these two Illinois bishops raises a random thought. In a Canticle-f or-Liebowi tz world, where the few survivors are huddled around a campf...
- Semper Gumby: Andrew: I second jaykay. God bless the Benedict XVI Institute and the San Quentin Choir.
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: Viganò uses the phrase “Sal vation of Souls̶ 1; more in this document than I have heard Francis use in his entire pontificat e. Something to consider.
- Q7: How refreshing in this whole sordid business to see the genuine charitable priority Archbishop Vigano has consistent ly given (at great personal peril) to all the ***souls** * involved here —...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- The reports of the various language circles of the Synod (“walking together”) are out.
- Romeward Bound for Summorum Pontificum 2018 and Masses for Benefactors
- WDTPRS – 29th Ordinary Sunday: Pregnancy and Glory
- Liturgical Ordo for the upcoming liturgical year, 2019.
- Terrific Benedictine Monks of Norcia! Yes, great things are also going on and YOU can participate.
- #ViganoTestimony 3.0! Powerful response to accusations, points to crisis of homosexuality #sodoclericalism
- The massive, glaring, screaming lacuna in #Synod2018
- Requests for GREGORIAN MASSES and priests who can say them
- WHAT IS THAT? Francis wearing rainbow colored Cross.
- 23 October: Bp. Egan of @PortsmouthRC calls for Masses of Reparation
- Eugenics in our recent past
- Some good news from Montana, a laugh, and some reactions to Paul VI canonization
- 16 October 1978: Election of John Paul II – 40 YEARS!
- Archbp. Chaput interviewed by The Pill – #sodoclericalism
- Fr. Longenecker: “ALL ARE WELCOME…TO WHAT EXACTLY?”
- #Synod2018 concerns in a couple of sharp sentences. Then Fr. Z rants.
- 15 Oct: St. Teresa, calendars and fascinating fountains! (A note to NAC seminarians and Rome denizens.)
- ASK FATHER: Celebrating Conciliar Saint Popes in the Traditional Roman Rite
- The future of the Church (hint – NOT #Synod2018)
- How the Left rolls
- #Synod2018 underway but there are no rules. Making it up as they go?
- ASK FATHER: Coalition in Support of “Ecclessia Dei” – What’s up?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Dodging Global Extinction Events
- VIDEO: Pro-abortion propaganda v. Catholics in NYC
- JUST TOO COOL: The ‘tricolours’ ensign of Le Généreux, captured by Nelson on display
- ASK FATHER: Pastor won’t allow TLM wedding in “his church”
- WDTPRS – 28th Ordinary Sunday: Fascinating Collect, seminar on grace!
- The unhinged Left now turns to satanism, witchcraft to fight Pres. Trump, Justice Kavanaugh
- SSPX Superior Fr. Pagliarani interview: “we have to have souls ready for all sorts of sacrifices”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Category Archives: Non Nobis and Te Deum
Over the years, I’ve written often of the great Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles, in Gower, MO near Kansas City. They record wonderful music discs. They make vestments. They, above all, pray for priests and bishops. This … Continue reading
HUGE UPDATE HERE
Everyone in the Chicago area…
You would not make a mistake were you to choose to go to Mass at St. John Cantius on Sunday.
You remember the controversy that surrounded Fr. Frank Phillips of the Canons of St. John … Continue reading
In the wake of hurricane IRMA, many have written to say that they are well.
My mother and her friends are fine.
I advocated prayers before the storm.
Now I recommend prayers of thanksgiving after the storm.
From a priest…
I am a priest in Wauchula Florida. I saw … Continue reading
I am packing for my flight to Italy tomorrow. I’m pretty sure that my flights won’t be affected by nasty weather.
Speaking of nasty weather, this morning I had a call from my mother in Florida, right on the coast where the eye-wall … Continue reading
Today in the Diocese of Marquette the local bishop is ordaining transitional deacons including a long-time participant here and frequent commentator, now Rev. Mr. Tim Ferguson!
You know him also at the Official Parodohymnodist of this blog, famous for the lyrics … Continue reading
What did I write the other day?
With the rapid degradation of morals, the overturning of common sense and natural law, and the dissolution of civil rule of law in these USA we are seeing – and this is not a … Continue reading
A wonderful place to reflect on the mysteries of Holy Week is in a gallery of a great museum with sacred art, especially with the Office ringing changes in your ears.
At the Met.
Detail of an Ecce Homo by Alessandro Magnasco … Continue reading
Who’da thunk it?
Sant’Anselmo, the Roman liturgical institute (which hasn’t always been a bastion of tradition), is going to offer a Masters degree in GREGORIAN CHANT.
Rome university launches course on liturgical music
By Estefania Aguirre
Rome, Italy, May 20, 2013 / 09:34 … Continue reading
From time to time I have asked you to pray for a seminarian, Philip Gerard Johnson, who has had an inoperable tumor in his brain.
Here is an update:
Thanks for everyone’s prayers during my doctor visit on Thursday. Since I stopped … Continue reading
I am delighted to report – along with everyone else under the sun – that the Sons of the Most Holy Redeemer – known as the Transalpine Redemptorist – have at long last been established officially as a Religious Institute of Diocesan … Continue reading
I wanted to share some great liturgical eye-candy of a happy event involving some of my friends in New York City.
Fr. Patrick D’Arcy, a brand new priest for the Archdiocese of New York celebrated his First Holy Mass in the … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
It is a bad day for the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR… subsidiary of The Magisterium of Nuns).
If the SSPX gets chilled Veuve, this one might get … dunno… a big chocolate cake?
I save … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
If you don’t pray for miracles, you won’t receive them.
From time to time God intervenes in the natural course of things to change that course, not in a way that is contrary to nature’s laws, … Continue reading
There is no sin so horrible that we little mortals can commit which our infinite and willing God will not forgive, provided we truly repent and seek forgiveness.
The ordinary means of God definitively extending His mercy to us in a … Continue reading