Christmas shopping? Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Julian Barkin said @ John the Mad Thanks for chiming in about St. Iss...
- Grumpy Beggar said This text would really be great mounted on a plaqu...
- The Astronomer said I speculate that the point of the point above by j...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said And to join the discovery of Latin Antiquity with...
- andia said I would disagree with the idea that the vocations...
- MouseTemplar said So moving, it made me cry. “To sing is to pr...
- moconnor said Yes, this is fairly old news just now picked up by...
- Charles E Flynn said There are no products in this world that lack a fi...
- Netmilsmom said Would it be possible to buy a pack of 12.00 Gold L...
- Matt R said Mosy properly, a bishop presides when he cannot ce...
- Michael said I wish we would get back to calling it, not just t...
- jhayes said Mike wrote 1a. The imposition by liberals of the e...
- rbushlow said Thank you Fr. Z for your clarity and direct exposi...
- andia said Done. Feel Better Soon!
- Legisperitus said This is very cool. I wonder why it took so long f...
- Andrew said Matt Robare: What do the laity do? According to th...
- williamjm said I would like to propose a “Nothing but Medie...
- Frank H said In have often used this Collect as an example of w...
- frjim4321 said Furthermore, they ought to be of a dignified mater...
- jhayes said I wondered about the name change and found this: W...
- Midwest St. Michael said To q7swallows and Genevieve: For the record, our c...
- Legisperitus said I’m also having trouble not blaming the main...
- xgenerationcatholic said Has anybody heard this: “Fr. so and so will...
- Absit invidia said The laity has a sense of inferring many things (go...
- ChesterFrank said Would that type of music necessitate being preform...
- Mike said This is why I always cringe when the cantor at nea...
- Kathleen10 said Oh poo, you call that a rant? You must not yet be...
- rodin said Oh what a blessed relief from the PA enhanced shri...
- Kathleen10 said Thank you for mentioning this, Fr. Z. Yes, there...
- Theodore said My son (I’d be willing to bet) went to that...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Just Too Cool: Polyphonic sacred music earlier than previously thought!
- ASK FATHER: Pyxes left in the choir loft after Communion
- NYC cops assassinated. Remarks and prayers.
- I read Mass this morning. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Thursday Night Football Saturday. Hey! Wait a minute!
- ADVENTCAzT 22: Isaiah, John and Mary
- It’s. Another. Religion.
- ADVENTCAzT 21: The state of mortal sin
- A breakthrough!
- Tough love about the priest shortage
- Request for prayers
- My View For Awhile: Final Flights Edition
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday of Advent (2002MR): Seeing is believing.
- Past and present Vatican, Church involvement in Cuban affairs – Status quaestionis
- What kind of priest thought it was good to whitewash, trash statues, tear out altars?
- “Would it really be totally impossible to admit her to Communion?”
- ADVENTCAzT 20: “Through the figure of St. Joseph….”
- As Che and Fidel gaze on the scene….
- ASK FATHER: Received into Church after strange Presbyterian baptism
- “lingua latina bene calleant”
- ADVENTCAzT 19: Ember Days
- ASK FATHER: Participate in Nativity play during Mass?
- ASK FATHER: Is attending a Rock Mass sacrilege? A mortal sin?
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to an invalid Mormon wedding?
- Pope: To attract people more easily tone down teachings, relax severity… NOT.
- ASK FATHER: Mass in Classical Latin
- ADVENTCAzT 18: Another step forward in our Christmas preparation
- The ‘libido delendi’ that seized the Church, the desire to obliterate… everything
- Card. Burke’s kindness
- ADVENTCAzT 17: “the yearning for something purer and greater”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: Non Nobis and Te Deum
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
If you don’t pray for miracles, you won’t receive them.
From time to time God intervenes in the natural course of things to change that course, not in a way that is contrary to nature’s laws, … Continue reading
There is no sin so horrible that we little mortals can commit which our infinite and willing God will not forgive, provided we truly repent and seek forgiveness.
The ordinary means of God definitively extending His mercy to us in a … Continue reading
From a reader:
Through your influence both my husband and I went to confession today. First time in 19 years for me, 24 years for him. It was AMAZING. We had to do some searching to find somewhere with a traditional booth (we … Continue reading
From a reader:
Your discussions of Confession helped me go to Confession for the
first time in 15 years. It was a wonderful experience. I did memorize
the Act of Contrition but I stumbled over it. Father helped me through
it – what a … Continue reading
The Holy Father’s sermon for Holy Thursday Chrism Mass (in the morning, not the even “Last Supper” Mass).
UPDATE: This sermon is starting to get some sizzle. The New York Times is out and the head line is “Pope Assails ‘Disobedient’ … Continue reading
From a readerette:
I know you are always urging people to go to Confession, so I thought you might like my first confession report. You can share this with readers.
How did it go? Not as scary as advertised! I prepared as … Continue reading
Many thank to all of you who voted for this blog in the About.com awards. We prevailed in the Best Catholic Blog category. I am also glad that so many other good blogs and sites and publications were highlighted during … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons!
From the SSPX comes a Communiqué asking for prayers.
Communiqué from the General House of the Society of Saint Pius X
Since the meeting on March 16, 2012, with Cardinal William Levada, Prefect of the Congregation for the … Continue reading
Sometime I get feedback from a reader saying that something I wrote prompted him to return to the sacrament of penance or moved her to get her marriage straightened out. Those notes help me keep this blog going.
This is from … Continue reading
For your Just Too Cool file.
A reader sent me a link to an article about the integration of fetal cells into the mother’s body and vice versa. The content of the article is excerpted from a book called Do Chocolate … Continue reading