You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Supertradmum said Thank you for posting this. I have been trying to...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Deo Gratias, and e-mail sent!
- Joe of St Thérèse said The most ab libbed part of the Mass I have seen is...
- chriskelly said Father, referring to my previous post – do...
- Woodlawn said Fr. Z said: “Apparently the separation of ch...
- torch621 said @muckemdanno Yes they are in full communion with t...
- jilly4ski said sirlouis, Saint John’s University School of...
- Hank Igitur said Kitchen island? Silly me, I have always thought th...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Get like minded boys that wish to kneel serving on...
- Tina in Ashburn said Yippee.
- muckemdanno said Uh-oh…this priest has used the “E̶...
- Venerator Sti Lot said A.J. Schulte’s 1907 “Altar (in Liturgy...
- Kathleen10 said What fools we mortals be. We throw away a tapestry...
- Joseph-Mary said My pastor will follow the sacramentary but does lo...
- Nan said @Gail F, you have failed to read the fine print. W...
- iPadre said Since I have been a bit under the weather for the...
- Geoffrey said Celebrating the Liturgy of the Eucharist “ad...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said Thank you, cathgrl, that answers my question.
- Jack Phinn said Almighty God, our heavenly Father, we understand t...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said I very much hope this poor soul, who committed the...
- cathgrl said A guy walked into a church during Mass and killed...
- Cazienza said APX said: “AT” the altar. This is really starting...
- sirlouis said The full report says that all 178 Latin rite dioce...
- Lucia Maria said This is all really interesting in regards to a pri...
- PostCatholic said I think Mrs Child would be delighted with the anal...
- Scott W. said We should see the survey for what it is: sour grap...
- Paul M. said “No one seems to care that these prayers are...
- maryh said http://www.patheos.com/blogs/deaconsbench/2013/05/...
- acardnal said “The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with...
- maryh said Does this work? http://old.usccb.org/romanmissal/s...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Category Archives: Non Nobis and Te Deum
The Holy Father’s sermon for Holy Thursday Chrism Mass (in the morning, not the even “Last Supper” Mass).
UPDATE: This sermon is starting to get some sizzle. The New York Times is out and the head line is “Pope Assails ‘Disobedient’ … Continue reading
From a readerette:
I know you are always urging people to go to Confession, so I thought you might like my first confession report. You can share this with readers.
How did it go? Not as scary as advertised! I prepared as … Continue reading
Many thank to all of you who voted for this blog in the About.com awards. We prevailed in the Best Catholic Blog category. I am also glad that so many other good blogs and sites and publications were highlighted during … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons!
From the SSPX comes a Communiqué asking for prayers.
Communiqué from the General House of the Society of Saint Pius X
Since the meeting on March 16, 2012, with Cardinal William Levada, Prefect of the Congregation for the … Continue reading
Sometime I get feedback from a reader saying that something I wrote prompted him to return to the sacrament of penance or moved her to get her marriage straightened out. Those notes help me keep this blog going.
This is from … Continue reading
For your Just Too Cool file.
A reader sent me a link to an article about the integration of fetal cells into the mother’s body and vice versa. The content of the article is excerpted from a book called Do Chocolate … Continue reading
From the site of the Diocese of Raleigh:
Bishop Burbidge Requests Novena for Seminarian Philip Johnson
The Most Reverend Michael F. Burbidge has announced a novena to Our Holy Mother, patroness of the Diocese of Raleigh, on behalf of seminarian … Continue reading
UPDATE: I posted a request to readers HERE about writing to the sisters to welcome them into formal communion.
I enjoyed this story in the Baltimore Sun:
Archdiocese of Baltimore welcomes new order of nuns
All Saints’ Sisters of the Poor left the … Continue reading
For your Brick By Brick file.
A reader alerted me to the following from The TLM in Michiana:
Personal Parish Granted to the FSSP in Fort Wayne
Father Gabet announced at Mass this morning that Bishop Kevin Rhoades in a letter to the … Continue reading
The following note in my email today is what makes it worth what I have to do to continue with this blog.
From a reader with my emphases:
Recently, after a long period away from the Church I have come back.
In an … Continue reading