- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- RafqasRoad said Firstly, I give thanks to god that our move to th...
- Luvadoxi said Ch..ch…ch….chia! Bwaaaahhhaa! I do li...
- Luvadoxi said I have to say I love all the Budweiser commercials...
- Luvadoxi said Worst commercial ever: the original T-mobile musi...
- Priam1184 said Bought a calendar and am thinking of paying them a...
- acardnal said Folks, you haven’t seen me on the blog for a...
- ghladum said Worst part about the Act so far is that my dad (63...
- Diane at Te Deum Laudamus said My thoughts turned to Pope Francis. He too is a pr...
- JohnE said Some who have been in my heart and prayers lately:...
- Terentia said I’m pretty sure my employer provided insuran...
- Moro said The problem is not just the annoying commercials,...
- Maldon said Hello Father, Thank you very much for this. First...
- Mandy P. said Not a TV fan. I will let my kids watch Tranformers...
- birdie said Thud, that’s the sound of my head banging ag...
- Joe in Canada said The GIRM does have instructions for the laity at t...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said skvie5738 says: I could eat 5 bowls of it in a row...
- skvie5738 said I’ve been making this exact same recipe for...
- teejay329 said Everyone…please consider purchasing a calend...
- Tamquam said I listen through the plug in on the blog. I very...
- The Masked Chicken said I remember, vividly, the day I finally decided to...
- CatholicLiving said Your soup looks delicious, Fr Z! I made one last w...
- Priam1184 said That is why so much effort has been put into reduc...
- McCall1981 said Such a powerful quote from Card. George. I canR...
- Priam1184 said Lol sorry Father I make a habit of taking only wha...
- The Masked Chicken said “Hey, TMC, good to see you still knocking ab...
- RobW said Lol…I just read my mother this piece, she sa...
- de_cupertino said You don’t have any poll options for those of...
- robtbrown said Hans wrote, In a fit of humor, robtbrown wrote:...
- kevinm said I have just prayed for the intentions here, and I...
- OrthodoxChick said Wow! You folks are inspiring. We’re t.v. a...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- QUAERITUR: Maniple on straw-subdeacon?
- TIME SENSITIVE ACTION ITEM! Defend 2nd Amendment against Pres. Obama and UN Arms Treaty!
- On fear of the priest
- Another state bans abortion in Obamacare plans
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1st Year Anniversary of @Pontifex
- ACTION ITEM! The Benedictine Monks of Norcia: great end of year donation option!
- ADVENTCAzT 12: 2nd Thursday of Advent – “The ‘type’ of the manly vocation”
- Seriously annoying
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup 1
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Category Archives: Non Nobis and Te Deum
The Holy Father’s sermon for Holy Thursday Chrism Mass (in the morning, not the even “Last Supper” Mass).
UPDATE: This sermon is starting to get some sizzle. The New York Times is out and the head line is “Pope Assails ‘Disobedient’ … Continue reading
From a readerette:
I know you are always urging people to go to Confession, so I thought you might like my first confession report. You can share this with readers.
How did it go? Not as scary as advertised! I prepared as … Continue reading
Many thank to all of you who voted for this blog in the About.com awards. We prevailed in the Best Catholic Blog category. I am also glad that so many other good blogs and sites and publications were highlighted during … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons!
From the SSPX comes a Communiqué asking for prayers.
Communiqué from the General House of the Society of Saint Pius X
Since the meeting on March 16, 2012, with Cardinal William Levada, Prefect of the Congregation for the … Continue reading
Sometime I get feedback from a reader saying that something I wrote prompted him to return to the sacrament of penance or moved her to get her marriage straightened out. Those notes help me keep this blog going.
This is from … Continue reading
For your Just Too Cool file.
A reader sent me a link to an article about the integration of fetal cells into the mother’s body and vice versa. The content of the article is excerpted from a book called Do Chocolate … Continue reading
From the site of the Diocese of Raleigh:
Bishop Burbidge Requests Novena for Seminarian Philip Johnson
The Most Reverend Michael F. Burbidge has announced a novena to Our Holy Mother, patroness of the Diocese of Raleigh, on behalf of seminarian … Continue reading
UPDATE: I posted a request to readers HERE about writing to the sisters to welcome them into formal communion.
I enjoyed this story in the Baltimore Sun:
Archdiocese of Baltimore welcomes new order of nuns
All Saints’ Sisters of the Poor left the … Continue reading
For your Brick By Brick file.
A reader alerted me to the following from The TLM in Michiana:
Personal Parish Granted to the FSSP in Fort Wayne
Father Gabet announced at Mass this morning that Bishop Kevin Rhoades in a letter to the … Continue reading
The following note in my email today is what makes it worth what I have to do to continue with this blog.
From a reader with my emphases:
Recently, after a long period away from the Church I have come back.
In an … Continue reading