Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Legisperitus said But do you have to eat muskrat by candlelight?
- incredulous said Perhaps we can host Father Zuhlsdorf in an alligat...
- incredulous said mrshopey, he’s even convinced himself that g...
- incredulous said It’s just politics… spin… counte...
- mrshopey said Welcome to the South, Father. May you be greeted...
- incredulous said Thank you Father. Thank you for the reminder that...
- Facta Non Verba said Nice! Thank you Father.
- knute said !! My dad and I used to sell plants there, and we&...
- Per Signum Crucis said Chon, Thanks for the insight. I’m also sta...
- smmclaug said “How about Cardinal Dolan on Sunday’s Meet t...
- Incaelo said And Natchitoches’ last bishop (and Alexandri...
- Elizium23 said Gargh! I goofed up. This titular see is similarly...
- Elizium23 said That happens to be the Titular See of my beloved A...
- NBW said Beautiful pictures Father. I like the sunset it...
- Chon said New Sister, The people at St. Patrick’s used...
- SKAY said Welcome to Louisiana Father!!! How lucky they are...
- PeterK said Fr. Z could you expand upon this statement? “...
- OurLadyandSheen said Archbishop Marino, Nuncio to Malaysia.
- RJ Sciurus said It would appear that you are among the Catholic Un...
- Ichabod said I’m jealous. I was last in Natchitoches, Lo...
- discipulus said I’m curious, who is titular bishop of this f...
- Will D. said It’s a nice town, indeed. Make sure to get...
- jameeka said Very moving, Father Z
- TKS said Splendid. Thank you.
- benedetta said @Brooklyn, Were you trying to say that if you were...
- New Sister said @ Chon, I know Saint Patrick’s; it would be...
- greinkebs said That Deacon on the video needs a Bishop like this....
- JNVA said Thank you, Father! I am using Bossuet’s Me...
- St. Epaphras said Listened on my iCatcher! App. Exactly what I neede...
- lsclerkin said Loud and clear here, too Father. Thank you! Father...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- LENTCAzT 08: Wednesday 1st Week of Lent
- Southern Sojourn
- Deacon Sandy rides again!
- LENTCAzT 07: Tuesday 1st Week of Lent
- WSJ: Long interview with D. Madison’s happy culture warrior, Bp. Morlino
- My View For Awhile: Heading South Edition
- WDTPRS Monday in the 1st Week of Lent (NO)
- Another request for a prayer
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday 1st Week of Lent
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Category Archives: Non Nobis and Te Deum
The Holy Father’s sermon for Holy Thursday Chrism Mass (in the morning, not the even “Last Supper” Mass).
UPDATE: This sermon is starting to get some sizzle. The New York Times is out and the head line is “Pope Assails ‘Disobedient’ … Continue reading
From a readerette:
I know you are always urging people to go to Confession, so I thought you might like my first confession report. You can share this with readers.
How did it go? Not as scary as advertised! I prepared as … Continue reading
Many thank to all of you who voted for this blog in the About.com awards. We prevailed in the Best Catholic Blog category. I am also glad that so many other good blogs and sites and publications were highlighted during … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons!
From the SSPX comes a Communiqué asking for prayers.
Communiqué from the General House of the Society of Saint Pius X
Since the meeting on March 16, 2012, with Cardinal William Levada, Prefect of the Congregation for the … Continue reading
Sometime I get feedback from a reader saying that something I wrote prompted him to return to the sacrament of penance or moved her to get her marriage straightened out. Those notes help me keep this blog going.
This is from … Continue reading
For your Just Too Cool file.
A reader sent me a link to an article about the integration of fetal cells into the mother’s body and vice versa. The content of the article is excerpted from a book called Do Chocolate … Continue reading
From the site of the Diocese of Raleigh:
Bishop Burbidge Requests Novena for Seminarian Philip Johnson
The Most Reverend Michael F. Burbidge has announced a novena to Our Holy Mother, patroness of the Diocese of Raleigh, on behalf of seminarian … Continue reading
UPDATE: I posted a request to readers HERE about writing to the sisters to welcome them into formal communion.
I enjoyed this story in the Baltimore Sun:
Archdiocese of Baltimore welcomes new order of nuns
All Saints’ Sisters of the Poor left the … Continue reading
For your Brick By Brick file.
A reader alerted me to the following from The TLM in Michiana:
Personal Parish Granted to the FSSP in Fort Wayne
Father Gabet announced at Mass this morning that Bishop Kevin Rhoades in a letter to the … Continue reading
The following note in my email today is what makes it worth what I have to do to continue with this blog.
From a reader with my emphases:
Recently, after a long period away from the Church I have come back.
In an … Continue reading