BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING?
Please, come here first! Enter Amazon through my search box and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
PS: I added Amazon Search Boxes for the UK and for Canada at the bottom of the blog page. Copy and paste titles I mention into those boxes and - BAZINGA! - results appear as if by magic. Kindle? HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- andromedaregina said I’m glad the effort is there. I still have a...
- Fr. Reader said There is some musicality in this kind of construct...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Further on the ‘quis custodet custodes?̵...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Thank you for such an interesting photo essay! Jus...
- un-ionized said The name of the religion is Islam. Can’t ign...
- iamlucky13 said @ PTK – I enjoyed reading that link, particu...
- Potato2 said I’m surprised that I see this more positive...
- Sword40 said To Hoover and iamlucky13; Yes, NAM and St. Joseph...
- PostCatholic said I was replying to Rev. Zuhlsdorf, not to you, bene...
- graytown said PTK That’s great news about the stained glas...
- Stephanus83 said I’m looking forward to this becoming officia...
- John F. said A fellow double reed person! Hopefully it wasn...
- JMody said So let me get this straight — a man who is a...
- Maineman1 said I can definitely attest to Hoover’s original...
- PTK_70 said @Sword40 and other interested parties…..The...
- JMody said Aren’t a couple of the doctrinal issues stil...
- iamlucky13 said @ Sword40 “The video is good but I’m not sur...
- trespinos said Ah, the memories. St. James was my home parish fro...
- benedetta said I guess PostCatholic has access to some special in...
- benedetta said I don’t make any podcasts, PostCatholic. In...
- Hidden One said Fr. Z, taking CCW classes makes sense, but I’...
- Hoover said To Sword40: My wife and I have been planning to ma...
- Paul Young said Thanks be to God for the progress! I suppose it...
- Gerard Plourde said The ball remains, as it has Since Pope Benedict...
- PostCatholic said Perhaps I was. I urge you to make as many podcasts...
- NBW said If SSPX has to be subject to the likes of Weurl an...
- Henry Edwards said “If the Ordinary Form succeeds to the extent that...
- Geoffrey said @acricketchirps: A personal prelature is basically...
- DavidJ said Mary, Undoer of Knots, please pray for this!
- AlexandraNW said I am deeply touched. And in awe of today’s...
Without you, there is no blog.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Art by D Burkart
- Aedificantium enim unusquisque gladio erat accinctus.
- Nehemiah 4:18
"Where priest and people together face the same way, what we have is a cosmic orientation and also in interpretation of the Eucharist in terms of resurrection and trinitarian theology. Hence it is also an interpretation in terms of parousia, a theology of hope, in which every Mass is an approach to the return of Christ."
Joseph Ratzinger - The Feast of Faith"In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003
Ham Radio Stuff
Fr. Z - W9FRZ - OFF
QRV on: 00m 00000
Check Echolink WB0YLE-R - OFF
"One of the few things in life you can be absolutely sure about is that, if Management tells you it doesn't like your Tone, you are getting something right."
"Latin is a precise, essential language. It will be abandoned, not because it is unsuitable for the new requirements of progress, but because the new men will not be suitable for it. When the age of demagogues and charlatans begins, a language like Latin will no longer be useful, and any oaf will be able to give a speech in public and talk in such a way that he will not be kicked off the stage. The secret to this will consist in the fact that, by making use of words that are general, elusive, and sound good, he will be able to speak for an hour without saying anything. With Latin, this is impossible."
- - Giovanni Guareschi
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Help the Sisters. They have a building project. Get great soap (gifts, etc.) while helping REAL nuns!
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee) and Norcia (beer)!
Some OBLIGATORY reading…
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A great hymnal…
Find a Quality Realtor. Support the Gospel of Life!
If you, or someone you know, needs to buy or sell a house, office, or any kind of domestic or commercial property anywhere in the world, call Real Estate For Life on 1-877-LIFE-US1. They connect you with an expert agent with a proven track-record from a local franchised broker or strong independent. When the sale is completed, the agent gives a portion of their fee to Real Estate For Life as a referral fee. Real Estate For Life gives 80% of that fee to one of the pro-life organizations they work with: a house with a value of $150,000 means $1000 goes to the pro-life organization. It doesn't cost you anything.
And for your cybersecurity…
Mystic Monk Coffee also has TEA!
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Will SSPX get Personal Prelature? Could be, but obstacles remain.
- VIDEO: Ordinary Form Mass very much in the Roman style
- ASK FATHER: Are your podcasts on iTunes?
- WDTPRS – 18th Ordinary Sunday: cold, clear reality
- 1 August – Madison, WI – Pontifical Requiem at the Throne, “Month’s Mind”
- Wherein Card. Burke greets YOU, the readers of Fr. Z’s Blog
- The ULTIMATE GIFT for a priest revisited: Portable altar from St. Joseph’s Apprentice
- “Sandwiched between two forms of dhimmitude: Koran or Agenda-driven”
- Card. Burke’s new book: Hope for the World – To Unite All Things in Christ
- 27 July: Canon Law Conference – Speculum Iustitiae
- “The shortcut to handling the crisis is to deny that it exists.”
- Bp. Paprocki speaks up about Pope Francis’ remarks on marriage
- 26 July: Canon Law Conference – Speculum Iustitiae
- Two attackers take hostages in French church, slit priest’s throat
- BRICK BY BRICK: A Communion rail restored in a major, historic church
- Who is Sen. Tim Kaine as a Catholic?
- Your Good News
- Z-SWAG: HOLY MASS – TURN TOWARDS THE LORD AGAIN!
- Wherein Fr. Z becomes a fan of the Samoan Rugby Team
- SILENT NO LONGER: A priest speaks out!
- Mike Piazza – Baseball Hall of Fame Speech: “…the greatest gift a mother could give a child, the gift of my Catholic Faith.”
- Latin. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio Saturday: Zuhlsdorf’s Law isn’t finished with me yet, CW, and Echolink
- Feminist v. Christian
- WDTPRS – 10th Sunday after Pentecost: Mercy does not mean turning a blind eye to Justice
- The blog, donations and you.
- GIRM WARS: Another front opens in Iowa
- Card. Burke on Islam and our choices for the future
- WDTPRS – 17th Ordinary Sunday: Sin-Teflon and Demon-Kevlar
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Please follow me on Twitter!
- "It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been committed for fear of not looking sufficiently progressive."
Charles Pierre Péguy Notre Patrie, 1905"If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus ep. 131 - AD 382“We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women. If we do not reach that time, then our children and grandchildren will reach it, and they will sell your sons as slaves at the slave market.”
Reading and gift ideas!
Category Archives: Blatteroons
From The Catholic League: Atheists Sue U.S. House Chaplain May 6, 2016 Bill Donohue comments on an atheist group suing the U.S. House chaplain: Thursday, May 5, was America’s annual National Day of Prayer. So of course the anti-prayer Freedom From … Continue reading
UPDATE 29 Dec: It seems that the priest involved has been involved with his diocese in this matter HERE. There is also an article in a local paper which explains the fallout. HERE In short, Father is sorry that he … Continue reading
Nancy “the Theologian” Pelosi… words fail! From LifeSite: Nancy Pelosi: Gay ‘marriage’ is ‘consistent’ with Catholic teaching WASHINGTON, D.C., June 2, 2015 (LifeSiteNews.com) — House Minority Leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-CA, says that same-sex “marriage” is perfectly “consistent” with Catholic … Continue reading
No wonder the Church is struggling in Belgium. From Tradition in Action and Amor de la Verdad: Catholic funeral for a dog in Belgium It happened on April 22, 2015 in the city of Sambreville, Belgium, in St. Victor Church of Auvelais. [D. … Continue reading
The Cardinal Newman Society (see their live feed on my sidebar) has a story about a horrible event at a catholic college in Wisconsin. Parents, if you are thinking about paying lots of money for your children to go to … Continue reading
What is it about Archbishops of St. Louis? They tend to bring out the bully in politicians. Maybe you recall how, years ago when now-Archbp. Robert Carlson informed then-Sen. Tom Daschle that he wasn’t to vote for a partial-birth abortion … Continue reading
A couple months ago, the mouth-breathing Islamic terrorists of Boko Haram had our attention by kidnapping school girls. Then ISIS struck and stole the limelight. Then Hamas stole even more market share by rocketing Israel. But wait! Then ISIS got … Continue reading
At Jihad Watch I saw a photo of a “protester” (read = thug) in Ferguson, MO, holding up an ISIS sign. He and his discontented buddies should go – right now – to join the caliphate! Once they are there, let them … Continue reading
I want you to stop for a moment and do something: Right now… try to imagine what goes through the mind of a soul during her first 15 seconds in Hell. The realization of where you are… “This can’t … … Continue reading
This is by Zac Morgan, a staff attorney at the Center for Competitive Politics writing at NRO. My emphases and comments. Does Religious Speech Threaten Democracy? It could be restricted or banned under a constitutional amendment Democrats have proposed. The Senate … Continue reading
If those who are for big-business abortion are willing even to kill the unborn, who thinks that they will display the human decency of manners? Moreover, we just don’t know what has transpired in the lives of some people who, … Continue reading
One of the dumbest things I’ve read for a while: Kelly Kultala, pro-abortion Dem candidate in Kansas
First, there is no such thing as a pro-choice Catholic. Catholics are not free to choose what they are going to believe and what they are going to reject when the teachings are defined by the Church. The much-vaunted Second … Continue reading
The pressure will now rise, since Anglicans have betrayed Christian tradition and history (again). Never mind that the Church of England has cobbled up a rite of baptism that omits any reference to the Devil (HERE), now we have this … Continue reading
Liberals will eventually turn on Pope Francis. There are even some indications at The Fishwrap that this is starting. Francis’ style doesn’t seem conservative at all, but he is NOT going to change doctrine. As a matter of fact, I wouldn’t … Continue reading