Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Gregg the Obscure: Should i get to Chicago again, Mr. Beef is high on my list both for what they serve and for how they serve it. The “sou l food” ; restaurant near work has little signs...
- Gab: Oh and there̵ 7;s this … A February 2012 Slate.com article asked: “How many kids are sexually abused by their teachers?& #8221; The alarming answer: “Pro bably million...
- Gab: And now a word from a fabulous Australian , Dr Philippa Martyr. Brilliant essay on the subject: https://ww w.catholic weekly.com .au/why-ar e-we-turni ng-a-blind -eye/
- byzantinesteve: There were probably way in excess of 24-41k sexual assault victims in public schools over the last 70 years. Maybe someone can provide hard statistics . I don’ t have time to...
- JonPatrick: A great way to get unplugged in Chicago is to ride the Lake St. “L 8221; out to Garfield Park and visit the Conservato ry there – an oasis of flowers and lily ponds smack...
- Ultrarunner: Let’ s extrapolat e the results of the PA grand jury report. 6 dioceses and 301 abuser priests per 1.7 million Catholics with over 1000 victims of sexual abuse. The are some 70...
- Fr. Reader: The worst thing is that they do not even look modern, or classic, or fashionabl e, or elegant, or nothing. Design wise they lack personalit y. They are insipid, nauseating . Poor and...
- Semper Gumby: Fr. Z wrote: “The y take the whole thing and submerge it with great hand-filli ng stainless steel tongs in the roiling vat of juice in which the thin slices and bun were morphed...
- Supertradmum: Excuse typos above, and this entire to-do about the vestments reminds me of The Devil Wears Prada, for some reason. The vestment industry has become too haute couture, looking for...
- Supertradmum: We cannot lose out sense of humour. In fact, humour is a sign of a healthy mind and a healthy blog, even if it is dark humour. For those above who take umbrage at this post, I say,...
- Supertradmum: Love the sign. I suggest one for your site. However, the sandwich? Sigh. Having been vegan except for the occasional fish on my health-die t, I do not think I shall be visiting Mr....
- monstrance: Considerin g the unplugged ClericR 30;. What do you surmise the jug under the window is for ?
- Kathleen10: I think about you and other faithful priests Fr. Z. Please God, to help you through this. The rest of us can walk away, take days at a time if we must, but that is pretty impossible for...
- VP: When did this fellow Cupich become a bishop?
- Spinmamma: Dear Father, I had the same reaction to the Holy FatherR 17;s words and am hoping there may be a fine point to be made about the translatio n. At least one media outlet has seized...
- aliceinstpaul: Hrwriggles , Prayers for the repose of the soul of your father and for your family. I’m so sorry for your lost.
- frjim4321: I kind of feel sorry for anyone making a statement, because it’s almost impossible to even say that since 2002 the safest place for children and youth has been the Catholic Church;...
- Diane: Wow… .that made my night! Thank you Thank you!!!
- emily13: Fr. Z – I also wanted to bring your attention to a beautiful apostolate at the Pittsburgh Oratory. The Daughters of St. Philip Neri were started in response to the document “Adorat...
- un-ionized: Capchoirgi rl, see the 20th week OT bulletin at the TLM parish. Scathing. But offers correct response.
- Muzhik: Joy; One option is to arrange for a mission priest to pray for your intention. I learned about this when I was investigat ing having “30 Days of Gregorian MassesR 21; said for my...
- robtbrown: Those three vestments make me hungry. They remind me of Pineapple- Lime-Raspb erry Rainbow Sherbet. Dessert? Yes. Worship? No.
- Sonshine135: From an ex-GI̵ 7;s point of view, your Priests are the officers of the Infantry and the regular parishione rs are the foot soldiers. What every good Infantry needs is an Artill...
- Joy65: Fr_Andrew , THANK YOU I understand what you are saying about Masses being offered. In our Parish there are many weekday Masses that have NO intentions listed for them. Not all Paris...
- Semper Gumby: VonOrigen: You raised numerous topics rapidly, so with our host’ ;s permission a close look at your comment. “…bu dgets? You may have heard that Iraq-istan ate up, and...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Collusion of the press against the Church
- Food for my cerebellum. Food for my reptilian brain stem. And my observation about coverage of The Present Crisis.
- ASK FATHER: How to support priests? Prepare for underground Church?
- Ex ore infantium perfecisti laudem! 3 year old “priest’s” theological observation and a Salve
- Letters of Bishops compared. Quite a contrast.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ACTION ITEM! Help the nuns complete their beautiful monastic church!
- URGENT: HIDEOUS about SYMBOL on pastel vestments for World Meeting of Families in Dublin @WMOF2018
- Letter of @BishopMorlino of @MadisonDiocese concerning the present crisis
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: invisible love, pulsing with longing
- Terrific movement of prayer for priests: Seven Sisters Apostolate
- Archbp. Cordileone’s Letter to the people of @ArchdioceseSF Fr. Z kudos and a mini-rant.
- Wherein Fr. Z offers one of the hardest posts he has ever written – UPDATED WITH YOUR COMMENTS
- PROPOSAL to all the Bishops of these USA for your November 2018 Meeting
- Card. Burke interviewed by Raymond Arroyo. The Cardinal’s advice.
- Insightful observation about Pope Francis – UPDATES!
- ASK FATHER: Lethal force against homosexual aggression in seminary?
- Search within the text for the word “reparation”. Zero.
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to a wedding at an SSPX chapel?
- Yeahhh… this is exactly the right time to dress our clergy in pastels.
- The Rite of Degradation From The Order of Priesthood. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fr Z calls for solidarity
- The PA Grand Jury Report
- AN OPEN APPEAL TO THE CARDINALS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
- ASK FATHER: Your questions weigh heavily
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: “I now have doubt about sorting the doctrinal from the papal opinion.” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: Faithful, active women religious. Where to go?
- St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, ham radio operator, intercede for dissident ‘c’atholic media!
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Beans in a bottle, and Beans in a bubble.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Category Archives: Puir Slow-Witted Gowk
Ireland. The gift that keeps on giving.
I read at the NCRegister that former Irish President Mary McAleese thinks that infant baptism is a violation of human rights.
Baptizing babies, she said, makes “infant conscripts who are held to lifelong obligations of … Continue reading
From The Catholic League:
Atheists Sue U.S. House Chaplain
May 6, 2016
Bill Donohue comments on an atheist group suing the U.S. House chaplain:
Thursday, May 5, was America’s annual National Day of Prayer. So of course the anti-prayer Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF) [These goofs … Continue reading
A priest friend sent a video of a Portuguese priest, Fr. José Cruz in Moita dos Ferreiros from Easter 2014.
I can imagine statues of Our Lady of Fatima weeping at the sight of this.
Enjoy more of Cruz HERE.
Some of the worst analysis from a TV broadcast and journalist that I have ever heard about the Church. HERE
Count the problems.
Remember… this is about the coverage.
Moderation queue is ON.
Can you believe how ridiculous this is getting?
At a guitar shop, teenagers complained that a guitar with the Confederate flag was on display! HERE
Ummm… no, kids. Fail.
Thank you, American educators! Well done.
And then there was the story in the American Mirror about … Continue reading
Ann Carey, author of the thoughtful and balanced Sisters in Crisis Revisited: From Unraveling to Reform and Renewal, masterfully dissected the astonishingly myopic and self-centered speech given at the recent LCWR meeting by Sr. Nancy Shreck. I urge you to … Continue reading
Hamas is a “humanitarian organization.”
“And we have to confer with the Qataris, who have told me over and over again that Hamas is a humanitarian organization,” Pelosi said to Crowley.
Perhaps she should go spend some with Hamas in order to … Continue reading
The Synod on the Family will start in October. Already the dissidents at the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) are whining. They have twigged to the fact that they are not going to get what they want.
Today there … Continue reading
Retailer Costco removing D’Souza’s “America” book from its shelves
On Monday, WND has learned that wholesale retailer giant, Costco, began removing Dinesh D’Souza’s bestselling book “America: Imagine the World Without Her” from their store shelves nationwide. Jerome R. Corsi of … Continue reading
There is another silly wymyn thing taking place in Kalamazoo -zoo-zoo-zoo-zoo! HERE
The local bishop, Most Rev. Paul Bradley, wrote clearly to the diocese as to the consequences of participating in a simulation of a woman’s ordination. His full statement HERE.
The … Continue reading
Cincinnati: Wymyn stage a fake ordination at Episcopalian church. Reminder of we should do about it.
Some wymyn played priest the other day in Cincinnati. My friend Fr. Martin Fox, a real priest in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, is all over this.
What I found curious about this is that the news report at WCPO TV said … Continue reading
It is hard to know which box to check:
? tragically ignorant
? mendaciously obtuse
We have seen antinomianism rear its dangerous head in many scenarios now: those who are bound to uphold and enforce the law simply deciding sua sponte that they … Continue reading
I want everyone to know this.
From The Advocate:
Bishop didn’t get message because it was written in Latin
BISHOP Geoffrey Jarrett [of Lismore, Australia] told the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse he didn’t report an allegation against Lismore’s Father … Continue reading
You have got to be kidding me.
Read and weep.
This speaks of the degradation of our time.
From the Beeb:
The Vatican has withdrawn from sale 6,000 copies of a new papal medal on which the name of Jesus was misspelt.
In an inscription … Continue reading