Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Blas: Do flying companies allow married workers fly the same plane?
- frjim4321: When I think of all the time and effort I put into marriage preparatio n (and annulment work) I can’ t help but think this was a trivializa tion of a sacrament. On the other hand,...
- Eugene: Once again the supreme law keeper becomes a law breaker, anyone remember washing of womens’ feet before he changed the rule. Nothing matters anymore. So much for me as a father of a family...
- Semper Gumby: PostCathol ic wrote on 17 Jan. at 4:25pm: “ 230;itR 17;s another of their hoaxes. 221; Actually, as made clear in numerous news reports (left or right politicall y), it...
- PostCatholic: I learned that I was wrong. My recollecti on of 400 employees as the approximat e size of Twitter (I had a business meeting in 2012 at their offices) is out of date and the company...
- jbazchicago: individual
- jbazchicago: Clericalis m is “a failure to realize that the mission belongs to the entire Church, and not to the indupividu al priest or bishop” -Pope Francis
- FrJsignal: I have already been asked, tonight, by a parishione r, why weddings need to be in churches if the Pope can celebrate them on planes. I had not even seen the news before the question came...
- Grant M: It’s the Gretna Greening of the Catholic Church.
- richiedel: “The decision to marry should never be encouraged unless the couple has discerned deeper reasons that will ensure a genuine and stable commitment .” – Pope Franc...
- Ave Crux: Yes, I thought – as Father Andrew confirms above – that receiving the Sacrament of Matrimony without the benefit of a valid Absolution in Confession would be a sacrilege, even...
- pseudomodo: Why does everything have to happen on an airplane ? Is this going to be known as the era of the Avion Popes?
- Ave Crux: This is very troubling for many reasons: 1) How many people put on the spot that way by the Pope himself and in front of others (and each other!) could have refused even if they had...
- Fr_Andrew: There is one small other detail, Father : Confession . These people have been living in sin for 8 years. While it is good to remove them from this situation, and, presuming that everyt...
- ChrisP: I am of the opinion this was another crafted stunt at 38,000 ft. This happened around the same time media were reporting PF was backing Bishop Barros who stands accused of hiding sexual...
- Will Elliott: I’ve mentioned this on other Catholic sites, but don’ t remember if I’ve ever mentioned it here – several times over the past couple of years I’ve left...
- Mojoron: In my business when I confront an employee that has committed a sin of not adhering to department al protocol, It is a patient care protocol so it IS important, if he/she takes more than...
- Uxixu: I found a bunch of pictures of Los Angeles glory days from the 1920’ ;s to 1940’ ;s under Archbishop John J Cantwell. One in particular showed him kneeling at the altar at the...
- rdb: A Pope on a plane throws priests under the bus. Rare is the parish priest who has not been asked to witness a marriage on the beach, in the backyard, or some other “mea ningful 221;...
- Curate: Firstly, yes, I also wish the couple a holy life together and pray that they are disposed to receive this sacramenta l grace. There were two things I thought of: 1) Asking a couple out of...
- ChiaraDiAssisi: How romantic. *eye roll
- Sawyer: I got that sinking feeling in my stomach when I read the Crux story. Pope Francis has a pastorR 17;s heart and a shepherd 8217;s heart; I wish he had a canonist 8217;s and theolog...
- FrAnt: Why should I even try? Maybe the Pope could jump out of the plane and the 5 of them (bride, groom, witnesses, and pope) could parachute to St. Peter̵ 7;s square. Because you know, others...
- PostCatholic: The company issued the denial via BuzzFeed News. I won’ t link the article but it’s not difficult to find at that site. I suppose it’s not in the corporate website...
- Benedict Joseph: Why would anyone believe this to be anything other than another hyperbolic display engineered for ideologica l purpose, bolstered by a counterint uitive comic/dram atic script?...
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 1: Paintings and plots
- Canonist Ed Peters on the Papal mid-air airplane nuptials
- The Pope marries a couple on the papal airplane. Hmmm.
- Big Business Is WATCHING!
- My View For Awhile: March For Life 2018 Edition
- “The Triumph of Marcantonio Colonna” described
- ASK FATHER: Would anything prevent a priest from always using the traditional formula of absolution?
- 2 Feb – MADISON – Candlemas – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- Card. Müller on authority of Popes, possibility of others correcting contradictory papal teachings
- ASK FATHER: If I remember a sin after confessing, should I interrupt the priest and tell him?
- Slithery misdirection from the National Sodomitical Reporter: Bishops who avoid scandal commit scandal
- An Armenian bishop “ordains” a deaconette
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
- ACTION ITEM! Petition against removal of historic Cross where Fr. Marquette died
- ASK FATHER: We want our children to have reverent Masses. Can we go to the SSPX chapel?
- VIDEO Bp. Athanasius Schneider interview about “Amoris laetitia” Controversy
- ASK FATHER: Should I tell a noisy penitent that we can hear everything said in the confessional?
- Observing the Feast of the Ass – 14 January
- A false #missilethreat is NOTHING compared to this REAL DEATH THREAT
- 14 Jan – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Fr. Murray on EWTN with outstanding commentary on recent developments
- Wherein Fr. Z comments on a @RorateCaeli post about priests, permissions and exorcism prayers. Then @fatherz rants.
- Wherein @MassimoFaggioli tosses another nastygram at the “rigorist” straw man
- ASK FATHER: URGENT EMERGENCY PREDICAMENT! Mass in Presence of a Prelate but we don’t have a Pax Brede!
- How bad is the situation of vocations to the priesthood tragic Germany?
- Esolen on virtue and chastity in “Wonder Woman” (not the one you immediately thought of)
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Category Archives: Olive Branches
Provocative reading met my eyes this morning, fresh from Mass, office, coffee and two of those little biscuit things which I like, not to sweet, not too dull.
First, there is a great offering at Crisis by one Jason Morgan, once here in … Continue reading
Though some of the Rorate folks have waged a bit of a war on me, I have tried occasionally to acknowledge their good contributions. I was sent a link to one contribution which I would like to endorse.
Fr. Richard Cipolla, pastor … Continue reading
Over a Rorate there is something so good that it compels me to overcome even their animosity toward me, extend an olive branch again, and direct you there to read patiently and completely. Peter Kwasniewski of Wyoming Catholic College (where … Continue reading
From a reader…
A non-Catholic Christian co-worker has a daughter who is engaged to be married to a young man who was raised in, and still attends, an SSPX chapel in our diocese. The woman does not want to be married in the … Continue reading
Today is a great day among Jesuits.
It is the 200th Anniversary of the Restoration of the Society of Jesus.
As you may know, the Society had been, for a while, suppressed.
To mark this day, the Jesuit-run America Magazine has published an interview. … Continue reading