Search Fr. Z’s Blog
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- The Cobbler: I would have to waste a lot of time digging around to find it again, but I’ve seen Twitter threads full of self-ident ified homosexual s talking about how much they love Chick-...
- Gregg the Obscure: there are bees in the Exsultet too, so maybe this was a harbringer of resurrecti on
- PaulusFranciscus: Should a priest have performed the work you described in your second-to- last paragraph, I would say he should have the gratitude of a great many of the faithful, since he would...
- The Cobbler: When I was a wee lad, my father once put me to bed by telling me to “Rem ember the four last things: stay in bed, be quiet, close your eyes and go to sleep.R 21; I asked why...
- The Cobbler: Rob83, Gotta love women in any case, and as a rule I oppose lowering ourselves to the level of our opponents, but if ever one of those women tries to get in the way of a means of grace...
- The Cobbler: The other day I heard Australian author Tracey Rowland give a great talk in Rome about Newman’s idea of a university in juxtaposit ion with what’s going on in education today and what...
- The Cobbler: Matamoros, I find it funny in turn when issues concerning the people of foreign nations are assumed to be “rac ial” , as though those nations are ethnically homogeneou s...
- Suburbanbanshee: Demons are sometimes described as being like biting flies or wasps. Not usually bees, but maybe this was drone warfare. Anyway, a good thing to have done; and whatever other...
- Spinmamma: Fervent prayers offered for the success of the blog move. My heart quails to think there may be some serious glitches and this lifeline is interrupte d. I hope the idea of a tech group...
- Kevin: God Bless you Fr. Z. Christus Vincit
- Philmont237: Did this priest (let’ ;s call him Fr. Boniface) also hypothetic ally spill a bottle of roundup on said tree that might be a demonic throne?
- The Cobbler: (Apologies for cross-post ing with your third comment; my browser must have cached the page last night.)
- The Cobbler: Amante de los Manuales, Your point 1 is equivalent to assuming that “Joh n did not say the sky is blue” ; means the same as “Joh n said the sky is not blue.̶ 1; As...
- OBLATEBEDE: Chess under a fig tree in Rome sounds perfect.
- Kathleen10: Yes God bless you and keep you as you suffer the stings and arrowsR 30;.oh never mind… ;. God bless whoever did it. The photos are gorgeous, love the men playing checkers.
- UncleBlobb: In case I don’ t make it to the new blog land, or I can’ t comment there for a while̷ 0; God bless you, Father Z! Thank you so much! Laudetur Jesus Christus!
- Simon_GNR: acardnal says: Julia_Augu sta, Chick-fil- A offers grilled chicken breastR 30;… . Much as I might agree with Chick-fil- A’s proprietor s’ views, I shall never go to...
- mbarry: I tell you, when I finally make it to Rome my wife and I will spend all of our time just visiting churches. They are so beautiful and transcende nt…
- Thomas Stewart: Sorry to hear that you have to move your site. The owner of WordPress was born Catholic, and he’d be a great resource except that now he’s just a standard Coastal...
- Iconophilios: I have no doubts to the tastiness of the food at Chick-fil- A, though it does not exist where I am from. Also, it is laudable that they are a counter-cu ltural presence in US life by...
- Amante de los Manuales: Perhaps I understand you better now, Father. You’ re also relying on Canon 1331? It seems the right canon to cite, as I see Peters did in 2013, for showing that the...
- The Cobbler: A woman is a symbol of life. A tree is a symbol of life. But the first symbolic tree to come to mind got a particular ly prominent woman in a Hell of trouble, if you’ ll pardon...
- ArthurH: Kukla: I believe “lov e the sinner hate the sin” has been the norm… ; just about forever from the start. What has happened, however, is that LGBT… ;XYZ folks ident...
- The Cobbler: In a world of indifferen ce and in the face of so many injustices , poverty, elementary rights denied, praying for peace in the world means reconcilin g ourselves in our daily relati...
- davidjmccormick: Father, Thanks for not being adverse to listening to Ann, and for the courage to share her thoughts. I follow her as well and find her reasoning nearly impenetrab le, as well as...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ROME DAY 17: Che Guevara, Baby Socks and Clam Sand
- URGENT BLOG SHUT DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE
- ROME DAY 16: Saints, Stamps and Sole Music
- First, FSSP presence and now @ChickfilA has opened its first UK restaurant
- VIDEO: Bp. Hying on St. Margaret Mary and the Sacred Heart of Jesus
- ACTION ITEM! COMPETED! Baptismal Font for Rome’s Traditional Parish
- You are all going to die. That’s not a threat, it’s a fact. Great AUDIO reflection on YOUR future.
- ROME DAY 15: Folders, Funky Tomatoes, and Foolish Altars
- #AmazonSynod through a lens from St John Henry Newman
- ASK FATHER: Is Francis an Antipope because Cardinals conspired and the conclave was invalid?
- Lutheran Satire educates
- Pagan Idols at the Amazon “walking together” Synod
- ROME DAY 13: A Suicide, a Life Hack, and an ALERT to Roman Seminarians
- You can’t make this stuff up: eRosary. Wherein an annoyed Fr. Z rants.
- 2016: Ecumenical Exchange Program with winged Mayan snake god Kukulkan
- PODCAzT 178: Fr. Weinandy and the possible “Internal Papal Schism”
- Bp. Schneider’s talk at the presentation of the book: Christus Vincit
- ROME DAY 12: Chapels Stupid and Stupendous, Important Book and Talks
- ROME DAY 11: Butchers, Roman Rosary, and an Odd Dessert
- ROME DAY 10: Conference, Requiem and Guts
- ASK FATHER: When could priests wear casual attire?
- ROME DAY 9: Campo, Clams and a Canonization Sonnet
- ASK FATHER: How to protest, perhaps in Rome?
- ASK FATHER: Cocktail advice for Our Lady of Victory
- ROME DAY 8: Bridges, Inscriptions, Cheeses
- Mass for Benefactors ,11 Oct, and Requiem
- “Supertradmum” (Marie Dean): R.I.P.
- ROME DAY 7: Weird Amazon Stuff, Death and a Spatula
- The Holy See: Goat Rodeo
- #AmazonSynod, optional celibacy, divorced and remarried priests, and Amoris Laetitia
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Category Archives: One Man & One Woman
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Long time reader, first time questioner. I have a friend that will soon be getting married. On Saturday he will have a traditional Catholic Church wedding. However, on Sunday he is having a reception in which … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Father, should Catholic parents even attend the wedding of their Catholic daughter to a non-Baptized man outside the Church? Unitarian, to be exact. The father is going to walk his daughter down the aisle, and Catholic … Continue reading
The Gender Theory stuff being shoved down our throats is nothing less than a toxic, totalitarian ideology. Libs and totalitarians always demand that we deny commonsense and evidence from our senses and reason. It’s irrational and patently from Hell. My … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I am very uneasy in my conscience. Twenty-two years ago, after the birth of our fourth child (last 3 were high risk pregnancies that ended in C-sections), my wife felt she was too old (38) to … Continue reading
Why is Jesuit homosexualist Father James Martin’s obsessive focus so troubling? Here’s an example. No mention of June as the month dedicated to the Sacred Heart. Rather, his focus for June is on “pride” in sodomy. To all my many … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I’m a youngish Catholic man who very much wants closeness with Christ through the Church in Her teachings and Sacraments. I’m also a Catholic man married to an unbaptized woman, who has been insistent on taking … Continue reading
It has been some time since we’ve looked into issues arising from the ambiguity laden Ch. 8 of Amoris laetitia. Remember that those who wish to distort the words of the Lord and Catholic moral theology will read it one way, … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I have a question about a marriage situation (not mine). If a marriage was valid, is it enough to resolve the state of sin of the re-“married” party(s) to simply abstain from sex without leaving the “second spouse?” Especially … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: My wife and I are both converts to Catholicism, and to the best of our knowledge (we even consulted our RCIA people and a priest) we thought we had a valid marriage. Having had her doubts renewed by … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: It has been over 20 years since I’ve attended a marriage in the OF between two Catholics that has had a Nuptial Mass. Why doesn’t the Church require that if two Catholics are getting married, they … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Recently marijuana was legalized in Canada. As such, the issue has come up that Marijuana can stay within the system for a very long time and a habitual user can be impaired by marijuana even if … Continue reading
In the traditional Roman calendar, this Sunday, the 1st after Epiphany, we celebrate the Feast of the Holy Family. The 1570 Missale Romanum does not have the feast of the Holy Family. I believe devotion to the Holy Family really … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Is there any church law which prevents sacramental records from being made public? I have seen church records used for online family trees that show living family members illegitimacy. Interesting question. The law says that parishes … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: We were in a situation where (a) my fiancee and I had already booked a time slot in a Church for the Rite of Marriage and Nuptial Mass (b) After this, we requested from the parish … Continue reading