Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Liz said We are praying for you, Father. I hope you get bet...
- xavier217 said Prayers for your health and ministry.
- lisebaur said I am listening with my teenage sons and I’ve...
- marypatricia said Praying.
- benedetta said Praying you are feeling better this morning.
- Legisperitus said I wonder what church he is standing in. Hope it...
- Netmilsmom said Prayers up!
- benedetta said Sounds like kind of a hit piece on the part of the...
- SKAY said Praying for you Father.
- Cathy said Lord Jesus, I pray this day that Father Zuhlsdorf,...
- Mr. Green said Cajuncath: The pope has made a crop of disturbing...
- Uxixu said I’ve been reading the Rule of the Templars w...
- Uxixu said Though I suppose they ARE a barrier, though I gues...
- Uxixu said @Wiktor my parish (built in 1960) has a marble alt...
- Patrick-K said Don’t overextend yourself. Have a hot whiske...
- Mr. Green said Fr. Z: But don’t trumpet the fact and don’t look...
- LeslieL said Ahhh….I’m sorry. Certainly sending pr...
- lsclerkin said Just prayed the Divine Mercy Chaplet for you. In L...
- Mr. Green said CrimsonCatholic: Why do so many Catholics read eve...
- APX said iudicame, Fasting is pointless if by doing so it m...
- Montenegro said Will do!
- Eugene said Just said a Hail Mary on your behalf Father. Pleas...
- McCall1981 said As always, you have my prayers. Hope you feel bett...
- UncleBlobb said Praying here, and get well soon, Father dear.
- frjim4321 said I would concede that it is an improvement although...
- yatzer said Of course, fervent prayers for you.
- frjim4321 said ” … exclusive presence … “
- lsclerkin said Confession Stations Holy Mass (TLM) rosary Holy Ho...
- tbakker said frjim4321 Oh, by the way, in which paragraph of t...
- Philippa Martyr said PS I note with approval that the comfy chairs have...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- What else do we “tolerate though not accept”?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Category Archives: One Man & One Woman
It is hard to know which box to check:
? tragically ignorant
? mendaciously obtuse
We have seen antinomianism rear its dangerous head in many scenarios now: those who are bound to uphold and enforce the law simply deciding sua sponte that they … Continue reading
From the Oregonian:
Portland Archdiocese joins anti-gay marriage effort; lay group plans Ash Wednesday action
Since Pope Francis began his reign as the head of the Catholic Church a year ago, he’s sounded a more welcoming tone toward gays. [Their effort to … Continue reading
I had a comment in my messages from an Observant Person who had the misfortune to read an article about Card. Kasper’s remarks on marriage in advance of the Synod.
The Observant Person pulled a strange quote from Kasper via CNS:
“he allowed … Continue reading
I am not making this up.
GIRL SCOUTS HIRE LESBIAN AS CHIEF ‘GIRL EXPERIENCE OFFICER’
As millions of moms consider digging into pocketbooks for Girl Scout cookies this year, they may be interested to know about the hiring of Krista Kokjohn-Poehler … Continue reading
From a reader…
I am in RCIA and am scheduled to be confirmed at Easter. I was raised Baptist and baptized as a teenager, as was my husband, but we had both left church and were only married civilly. I am converting … Continue reading
From a reader… I came across this post, and I have some questions. I am not a Catholic, but I am a lawyer, and I wish to understand canon law.
1. You mentioned that “when you come up to Fr. Z … Continue reading
We all know… or should know… that we cannot lie to God.
Apparently we can’t lie to ourselves either. God made us that way.
A priest friend in the great state of Texas sent this to me from Live Science:
Marriage is linked … Continue reading
From a professorial reader concerned about the Church’s teaching on marriage, divorce, and the reception of Communion by the “remarried” come a helpful contribution. He describes it (slightly edited):
I have to admit that I am concerned about the upcoming Synod, … Continue reading
Have the civil rights of any group (besides the unborn) been trampled by U.S. courts more than Catholic priests?
The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis is being torn limb from limb by the hyper-liberal MSM in the Twin Cities.
There are some clerical abuse cases in the spotlight right now. It is a kind of perfect hideous storm. Homosexualists … Continue reading