HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Midwest St. Michael: I simply pray for PF anymore. (briefly, along with BXVI) Everything else seems so… Jesuitical to me. So, I just pray and pay little attention to him. Because 230; I...
- Bonaventurian: Is he trying to start a schism? Because this is how you start a schism.
- Lurker 59: The ChurchR 17;s tradition is the vehicle by which we receive ChristR 17;s mercy and love for us. If we do not receive the tradition of the Faith from the Church as from a mother...
- ThePapalCount: What could be possibly be next? I have a papal knighthood and I feel compelled to renounce it and send back the insignia. Fr Z enjoy Rome to the fullest.
- Emilio: For my own spiritual good, I cannot bear to tune into what Pope Francis says any more, or even follow Papal Masses and travels, something that brought joy to my life to do before him. I...
- sggreener: We’v e been letting go of “tra ditions 221; since VII. Look where that has gotten us!
- Gab: And to which traditions is the Pope referring? Ecclesiast ical or Apostolic traditions ? Or both? What fresh hell is this that is about to be unleashed on the Mystical Body?
- SanSan: I’m once again scandalize d. Sigh. Lord have mercy.
- Benedict Joseph: He has turned a corner. I am left without words and unable to comment.
- Gab: What is going on? Has the Pope completely forgotten the Gospels? My heart aches. Our Lady of Revelation s, pray for us.
- MrsAnchor: http://wdt prs.com/bl og/wp-cont ent/upload s/2019/05/ img_0809.j pg Hoping this photo shows. There are layers of fabric underneath the Black & Colored Damask. To the left there’s a...
- MrsAnchor: R* and below to the LEFT (is what I meant)
- MrsAnchor: Fr. Zuhlsdorf: The Alternativ e Black Fabric with the Colored Ted Flowers & Greens etc? That’s the Photo I was commenting on. Below to the Right there’s a doppelgäng er purple fabric...
- teomatteo: “ 230;why create confusion? ” So that footnotes can rule?
- APX: It would also be a good time to start teaching her basic meditation that’s appropriat e to her age, so that by the time she’s older, she has a good foundation and habit of mental prayer.
- Fr Martin Fox: I think it is manifest what Father Martin is doing: he is being deliberate ly and studiously ambiguous, and giving hints without coming out and saying too much that will cause him to...
- JustaSinner: Dear Salvini, you’ re not the only Catholic with a Rosary in your pocket. My EDC Rosary is a plastic, glow in the dark, string rosary. Only Rosary able to take daily abuse in...
- Fr Martin Fox: Jerome: I certainly understand your concerns. My response to your question about how you know whether a priestR 17;s intentions are upright or not is the following: –...
- brianmsaxton: I also have a 5 year old daughter who I would love to find playing Mass someday, for whatever that’ ;s worth. I honestly don’ t think it’s important that she knows...
- richiedel: Jerome Charles, Baloney: gay people hear that God loves them all the time. To attempt to forward Fr. MartinR 17;s agenda on the false premise that people wouldnR 17;t otherw...
- OrangeBlossom: What about having her attend an atrium? Catechesis of the Good Shepherd A Montessori way of teaching the faith https://ww w.cgsusa.o rg Here are some materials: http://www .ourfat...
- Semper Gumby: acardnal: *a tip of the fedora*
- monstrance: “Making linens , Getting stains out “ Oh ! Such toxic masculinit y !
- Spinmamma: As a former prosecutor , I am very familiar with the grooming process. Even so, I could not finish the audio but had to read the transcript instead, my soul recoiled so much from the...
- Benedict Joseph: Can any of us fail to see that what is transpirin g across Church and society, across nations, is of the same piece, orchestrat ed and rooted in atheistic Marxist social analys...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Francis: Church Must Learn to Abandon Old ‘Traditions’
- Editorial: Church leaders, to be “transparent”, are still abusers. Of priests.
- ASK FATHER: Little daughter interested in the Mass
- PARIS: 500 undocumented Africans stormed, seized Terminal 2 of CDG airport
- Rome Day 4: Of crashing ceilings, weeping parents, and the dust and hearts of saints
- @Church_Militant report on a twisted priest-predator has a familiar ring
- Card. Müller on deaconettes. “No.”
- Rome Day 3: Roman trash talk, perspiration, and prostitutes – UPDATED
- Requests for GREGORIAN MASSES and PRIESTS who can say them
- Persecuted Fr. Kalchik responds to homosexualist Jesuit Martin
- Anniversary of a turning point in Christian history
- NEW FROM MITSUI! Our Lady Untier of Knots
- Stupid angry lib (I know, tautology) at The Atlantic against priesthood
- Rome Day 1-2: Views, fabrics and eats
- My View For Awhile: All Roads Edition
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Easter (1962MR): The smoke of Satan
- WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Easter: The prayer’s very word order reveals God’s love
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Saturday: QSL Cards and some firsts
- VIDEO: Diaconate Ordination of the the Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter @CSPOrd
- Donations, PayPal, alternatives, and you
- Irish Ass. of Catholic Priests in toddler meltdown mode against Francis over no women deacons
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Thursday: ZedNet, my first pile up, and remote from GITMO and… Vatican City?
- GERMANY: Pro-women’s ordination group: “We want to take Mary off her pedestal”
- What’s up at the southern border of these USA
- Lib liturgy positivists force people to stand after Communion
- Student ‘steals’ pro-life sign on camera, gets arrested, but she’s the victim!
- Benedict XVI’s recent essay is a subtle correction of Amoris laetitia ch. 8
- 15-18 July 2019: East Coast Priest Conference in Wheeling, WV – looks good!
- NEW BOOK from Martin Mosebach – Subversive Catholicism: Papacy, Liturgy, Church
- ASK FATHER: The TLM’s Orationes Diversae and Oratio Imperata
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Category Archives: One Man & One Woman
Today is the feast of two saints married to each other and the parents of another. Sts. Louis and Zelie Martin have their feast in the Novus Order calendar. They are the parents of St. Therese, the Little Flower. July 13th … Continue reading
The war on the teaching of Humanae vitae continued today with an offering at ultra-liberal Commonweal by Massimo “Beans” Faggioli. Beans spends a lot of time on Twitter throwing out one inflammatory tweet after another as click bait. Faggioli takes … Continue reading
My old friend Michael Matt of The Remnant gave a rousing pro-family talk in London recently. You might want to tune in. And, take note of the spiffy title! Along the way Michael reminds the listeners that Card. Caffara (one … Continue reading
From a reader, wondering about the veracity of the following… DICITUR: “Current Catholic canon law requires that if someone remarried in a heterosexual marriage seeks confirmation/baptism having previously been in a legally recognized same-sex marriage, they need an annulment of … Continue reading
I am astonished. And I am not astonished. At the site of the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, we learn that Jesuit homosexualist activist James Martin has been asked to speak at the upcoming World Meeting of Families. This meeting … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Have you ever heard of “betrothal ceremonies” in the Roman Rite prior to entering into marriage? Asking for a friend… Once upon a time the notion of “betrothal” was far more rooted in both secular and … Continue reading
One of the figures who emerged from the shadows through the Lettergate scandal, is German liberal (wrong) theologian Peter Hünermann. Benedict XVI had a strong negative reaction to finding him among the writers of the series that was intended to bolster … Continue reading
My old friend Msgr. Hans Feichtinger has penned for First Things a piece about the German bishops. DISCERNMENT ÜBER ALLES The German bishops have announced that they will soon publish new guidelines for reception of the Holy Eucharist. [Because the old … Continue reading
This from Jesuit-run Amerika: Cardinal Kasper: Quit throwing around the word ‘heretic’ [Hmmm. I’ll bet he says that!] Think twice before calling someone a “heretic.” That is the seemingly simple advice from Cardinal Walter Kasper, the prominent German theologian whose ideas … Continue reading
UPDATE: Since I posted this a short while ago, I saw at First Things a commentary by Gerhard Ludwig Card. Müller (third in a series) precisely touching on the issues raised by Card. Cupich in England. This is obviously Müller’s response. Here … Continue reading
May I direct the readership’s attention today to an amusing piece at First Things? The pseudoanonymous writer pokes fun at inconsistencies in a speech recently delivered by a certain prelate at a certain well-known English university. As it opens, we … Continue reading
Two items concerning Philadelphia’s Archbishop Charles Chaput have come across my scree in the last few hours. First, today I received PDF (PDFs are clunky) of a column that that Archbp. Chaput wrote for their archdiocesan newspaper. In this column, … Continue reading
Not long ago, the Bishops of Kazakhstan issued a document, a Profession of the Immutable Truths about Sacramental Marriage. I wrote about it and provided an audio reading of it HERE. At The Catholic Thing my friend Fr. Gerry Murray has written … Continue reading
WRONG: Maltese, Germans, Argentinians and now Braga. “Patently and gravely wrong.” Ed Peters explains the situation.
My old pastor and mentor, Msgr. Schuler, used to say: When you’re right, you can’t be wrong. The flip side is: When you’re wrong, you can’t be right. There are a lot of people out there who are just plain … Continue reading