You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Papabile said There were plenty of times when I was in the Army...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Tossing out some odds and ends, subject to correct...
- Panterina said It could be a matter of interpretation of the Regu...
- Tradster said OK,I’m curious to know why G.I.Jane feminist...
- Geoffrey said “Why not just have a Traditional Latin Mass...
- billy said Much ado about nothing. Nobody knows more about th...
- Bob B. said In the Army, we couldn’t carry an umbrella e...
- Robertus Pittsburghensis said pjsandstrom, It is a misconception that the Latin...
- McCall1981 said @ Joecct77 And they say its Nun of the VaticanR...
- L. said I’m no fan of the President, to say the leas...
- Fr Martin Fox said I appreciate the comments by those in the military...
- LarryW2LJ said And in the end, the President should remember that...
- Phillip said The President is Commander in Chief of the armed f...
- joecct77 said Sounds like the LCWR has developed some bad habits...
- happyCatholic said I agree with FrDulli and Tim Ferguson. There is a...
- Luvadoxi said I’m not sure this is a problem–the reg...
- Absit invidia said Speaking of Obama, Benghazi, and Emperor Nero . ....
- Jean Marie said While the Swiss Guardman’s would consider it...
- Absit invidia said Andrew and jmv, This is just another example of ho...
- LarryW2LJ said Sorry, but I beg to differ. It’s not making...
- Gulielmus said No one opposes Obama’s policies more than I&...
- Deacon Bill said I agree with jmvbxx: this IS a mountain out of a m...
- Nan said It’s still tacky even if he is the commander...
- Late for heaven said I appreciate the charity of those who try to mitig...
- jmvbxx said Mountain out of a molehill!
- Tim Capps said Umbrella Stand Marine Corps? I think not! It just...
- FrDulli said What about the secret service? Or an intern from...
- Andrew Saucci said I am still hoping that I might live long enough to...
- Stu said Well, it’s not an unlawful order by the Comm...
- Tim Ferguson said Isn’t that a covered porch a few feet behind...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
- QUAERITUR: People who walk away with Hosts
- WSJ on “The Trials of Father MacRae” – IMPORTANT
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Category Archives: One Man & One Woman
As you know, the Archbishop of Westminster put an end to the infamous homosexual “Soho Masses”. There is little question that Rome was involved in the decision. But don’t be distracted by that and miss the more important point.
The Tablet … Continue reading
U.S. Bishops call for project of prayer, fasting to begin 30 DECEMBER to defend Life, Marriage, Religious Liberty – FR Z POLL
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Did you know that the Bishops of these United States of America have asked for Catholics to pray, fast and abstain on Fridays, and take part in a holy hour each month?
Call To … Continue reading
The Holy Father today provided insight into how evil and destructive the homosexual agenda is.
Each year shortly before Christmas the Roman Pontiff exchanges greetings with and addresses the members of Roman Curia. He gives them what some call a “State … Continue reading
From the Canonical Defender, Prof. Ed Peters at his excellent blog In The Light Of The Law:
Seattle’s got it right
by Dr. Edward Peters
That we even have to go over this is . . . well . . . we have … Continue reading
Dr. Peters has a new post on his fine canon law blog, In the Light of the Law. He doesn’t have an open combox over there, and I can understand why.
Confirmation and advocacy of ‘gay marriage’
by Dr. Edward Peters
Those trying … Continue reading
A video of interest HERE.
Technorati Tags: Blackstone Films, homosexuality
The Canonical Defender, the distinguished Ed Peters, has some comments on his fine blog In The Light Of The Law about civil consequences of Catholic marriage ceremonies. In the USA marriage ceremonies are also the civil act. In Italy, there … Continue reading
UK: Legal path set to deny charitable status to Church which exclude anyone from Communion, sacraments
Tales of the Bizarre.
This is from LifeNews:
UK Catholics might lose charitable status for not offering communion to everyone
BY HILARY WHITE
LONDON, November 7, 2012 (LifeSiteNews.com) – A Conservative Party MP has accused the government’s Charity Commission of attempting to suppress Christianity … Continue reading
From a reader:
Starsky and Phyllis [LOL] were married while vacationing on a cruise ship in the Caribbean last summer, and now want to have their married “blessed.” Starsky does not believe this is necessary because even though he was baptized … Continue reading
I see the other day, election day, that The National Catholic Reporter – aka Fishwrap – pandered for The First Gay President, effectively begging Catholics to endanger our nation and their souls by voting for him. They have an editorial … Continue reading