HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- iamlucky13: Quoting chantgirl: Reverence for the Blessed Sacrament needs to start from the top down. To encourage Catholics to go to Adoration, and to combat the lack of belief in the Real Presen...
- iamlucky13: I’m amused by his random need to criticize the Aristotili an concepts of substance and accidents. It provides no support for the points he wants to make and his contention that...
- Suburbanbanshee: I still think it was “dur ing the Catholic Mass” ; that people were shying away from. Makes it sound like that weird Anglican/E piscopal idea that the Eucharist only is...
- APX: ejcmartin, G&P and CBWIII commonly go together in a parish. CBW IV is being released this coming Advent. It still has that awful inclusive “Living Faith” version of Faith of Our Fathers...
- mo7: What does this priest do for a living if not consecrate the bread and wine to become Our Lord?
- baileymxd: I was once burned by a woman who reprimande d me for my son’ s behavior at our 7pm Missa Cantata (It was a special occasion to stay up past bedtime). We were in the back of the...
- semperficatholic: Get back! Get way back if you are behind him in line at the Judgement Seat.
- Luminis: Amen Father !
- iPadre: I pray Fr. Reese repents before he dies because “to whom more has been given, more will be expected.& #8221;
- beelady: I’d like to offer my thanks to Father Z and his friend, Dr. Jennifer Roback Morse. They were instrument al in bringing about the good news I’d like to share. I followed a link...
- JoeinMaryland: Nearly all of the comments here are right on-target, IMO. Those people exhibited a flagrant disregard for the Holy Mass, all because they believed their priest did them wrong. Their...
- Credoh: Might the idea of the bread and wine remaining substantia lly unchanged be termed “cis ubstantiat ion” ? More confusion between “tra ns” and “cis ”? Is...
- Benedict Joseph: One is left to wonder why this individual remains in his “pro fession. 8221; Apparently it is the dime and the perks. His operative is caricature . It is at once quite sad...
- Kent Wendler: One can only hope, as St. Faustina said, that when these people are irrevocabl y dying and come into the presence of the immediate and completely undeniably absolute TRUTH that they...
- Semper Gumby: KateD: Great comment. DN: A bit of research will answer your question. Begin with the Soviet request. Cheers.
- onemore: “Actually” is kind of an odd word choice in the survey. Could some people think that that meant the appearance s would change? Or something like the Eucharisti c miracles? I wonder if the...
- ex seaxe: I wonder if I am misreading the article. What I see is Fr Reese̵ 7;s first comment on the Pew research – “Thi s certainly shows a failure in catechetic s, … ,...
- chantgirl: Reverence for the Blessed Sacrament needs to start from the top down. To encourage Catholics to go to Adoration, and to combat the lack of belief in the Real Presence, Francis should set...
- GHP: Father, If you want to practice your Japanese more often, you could translate the Italian fagioli into Japanese: 豆 12385; 419;ӛ 5; You could start calling him “...
- RLseven: I have not been able to donate money to my parish or diocese for some time, due to matters of conscience . However, I have found a number of Catholic organizati ons to support inste...
- -DN-: What exactly was “str ategicR 21; about, say, the firebombin g of Dresden?
- Clinton R.: For a Catholic, much less a priest to say this about Transubsta ntiation is very troubling. It reflects a faith lost or never had in the the first place. Our Lord is indeed Present in...
- Kerry: My dear Fr. Reese, I’ll see your Beringer of Tours, (c. 999-1088 A.D.) and go all in with: St. Ignatius of Antioch (c. 110 A.D), St. Justin Martyr (c. 100-165 A.D.), St. Irenaeus of...
- knute: @TonyO: there was a Canadian priest a while back who had a great YouTube channel that went away (can’ ;t remember his name, but he was a great homilist). He posted his daily Mass...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): I am all for dropping by and visiting the Blessed Sacrament frequently . I am fortunate to live in an area where four (4) parishes have perpetual adoration. These places...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- 20 August: St. Samuel, Old Testament prophet
- Jesuit Thomas Reese against Transubstantiation. Wherein Fr. Z responds.
- “LaCI and Beans” back at it again! Attack US Bishops for their enthusiastic implementation of law
- PODCAzT 174 and PRAYERCAzT: The Latin of the Traditional Rite of Baptism of a Child
- Your Good News
- Monday Morning Brain Jumpstart: some good reading
- “My sons playing Mass ‘against pagans’.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Our attitude at the altar
- That tragic Portland parish, the mistreatment of the priest. Fr. Z’s solution: “Let’s make a deal!”
- Is cutting off the money the way to go?
- ASK FATHER: Can I wear a scapular on my bullet proof vest?
- BOOK: Grandmother and the Priests
- What is a “liturgist”? Some thoughts.
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: Live in love to have later Love Himself
- Adventures in “gay” ad blocking
- Lighter Fare For Friday
- ASK FATHER: @BishopBarron on the Pew Research and lack of belief in the Eucharist. Fr. Z rants a little and issues an invitation.
- The latest podcast on the upcoming Synod from Damian, Unbound. “@HolySmoke” is right!
- ASK FATHER: Why didn’t Benedict XVI say the #TLM? How can we get one? What does the future look like?
- @JamesMartinSJ praises preaching by a religious sister. Let’s consider what he praised!
- VIDEO: 1950 – Pius XII infallibly proclaims the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Shoot up in Philadelphia – cops injured. I’m a simple guy and I’m worried.
- ASK FATHER: Priest puts up scandalous “gay” flag for annual public “pride” week. Bishop: zero help.
- Your Good News
- A Black Mass in the Vatican at the time of Vatican II?
- BACK TO SCHOOL TIME?
- 14 Aug -St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, #HamRadio operator, intercede for dissident ‘c’atholic media! #CQ
- It’s no surprise at all that Catholics don’t know or believe about the Eucharist. After all, worship is doctrine and we are our rites!
- A quick look at some ‘c’atholic media
- BOOK : A guide for forming Catholic gentlemen and future priests – and a mini rant.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Category Archives: Our Catholic Identity
Fr. Thomas Reese, SJ, is well known to readers of this blog as a charlatan theologian. He was once the editor of Jesuit-run Amerika, but in 2005 the CDF ousted him due to his stances on the use of condoms, … Continue reading
ASK FATHER: @BishopBarron on the Pew Research and lack of belief in the Eucharist. Fr. Z rants a little and issues an invitation.
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Bishop Barron has a video reacting to the Pew Research saying that 75% of Catholics think the Blessed Sacrament is just a symbol. He talks about the failure of catechetics and educators and that social justice … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Father have you seen this recent Pew poll on how we as Catholics view the Eucharist? I’m a Youth Minister @ my Church. I can do talks till I’m blue in the face, but feel I … Continue reading
A bill has been introduced by Wisconsin Dems which would seek to force priests to violate the Seal of Confession under penalty of civil in case of abuse of minors. From Channel 3000 in WI: Clergy required to report child … Continue reading
VIDEO which could help some participate more fully at the Traditional Latin Mass (and probably Novus Ordo too)
A young priest of Denver, Fr. David Nix, put together a video about a year ago, in which, while he says a Traditional Latin Low Mass, he superimposes quotes from St. Francis de Sales – reflections on each step of … Continue reading
From a reader on Twitter… QUAERITUR: @fatherz Thx for posting about the Taylor Marshall & Fr Nix talk which I also watched. How can we get the Baptism old rite elements supplied? My priests r unaware it’s permitted. Is there … Continue reading
From a reader… Hello Father, Old time follower here (chat room and bird feeders at Sabine Farm). Thought you might find this picture interesting. I’m a cradle Catholic in my 70s and I just unpacked these from old family boxes. … Continue reading
I occasionally catch video interviews that Taylor Marshall has with folks who interest me. Today I saw most of a video he did with Fr. David Nix, a good young priest in Denver whom I’ve met. They both are both … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Father, should Catholic parents even attend the wedding of their Catholic daughter to a non-Baptized man outside the Church? Unitarian, to be exact. The father is going to walk his daughter down the aisle, and Catholic … Continue reading
Was there a good point made in the sermon during your Mass of Sunday obligation? Let us know. For my part, I underscored – on this 4th Sunday after Pentecost – that God doesn’t choose men who are worthy to … Continue reading
The Gender Theory stuff being shoved down our throats is nothing less than a toxic, totalitarian ideology. Libs and totalitarians always demand that we deny commonsense and evidence from our senses and reason. It’s irrational and patently from Hell. My … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Dear Father, I feel [unsafe] going to Church, which I unfortunately cannot bring myself to do. I firmly believe in the Catholic Faith and all of its traditional teachings. However, going to Mass anywhere has proved … Continue reading
I received this from a priest… Dear and Reverend Father, I thought that you may find the attached image useful, as heartbreaking and enraging as it is. Today, an elderly woman came into my office. She was very confused and … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Your recent post and “rant” regarding concelebration made me realize…I don’t actually know what happens at a concelebrated Mass. Is it technically two Masses (if there are two concelebrating priests)? How does that actually work? At … Continue reading
When the change was made to the Latin text of CCC 2267 – concerning the death penalty (claiming that it is now always “inadmissible”) – I both said in sermons and wrote here that the change was troubling and for … Continue reading