Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- PurrPurr: In regards to the “womenprie sts” mass mentioned by a poster, I think this is the video to which he referred: https://ww w.youtube. com/watch? v=NnVxz6Hx csc Search for “womenprie sts” on...
- maternalView: The lifesitene ws article said it was a RECENT violation. So many thoughts on that. With all the news of the scandals he chooses now to not exercise good judgment? Why would he think...
- zag4christ: Whoa! Today I go to our local outreach to the poor at our Cathedral, where some of my colleagues and I do what we do as veterinary folks, taking care of homeless and poor people and...
- HvonBlumenthal: Bounday violations ? Sure the correct term is clericalis m?
- mbarry: Where, oh where can one learn the TLM?! I had a priest recommend sanctamiss a.org, but it has instructio ns for priests on how to say the TLM. That’ ;s fantastic! But, I’m not a...
- Elizabeth D: I assume the worries that his life is in danger have to do with what state intelligen ce actors are capable of, on behalf of states who are invested in the corrupt status quo in the...
- NBW: Is he reliving his Studio 54 days or is he performing for the men in the pews?? Does he not fear the wrath of God ?? This is THE MASS the Jesus Christ instituted . SHAME on the people in the...
- AveMariaGratiaPlena: What a great man he is. As painful & terrible as his firing from the CDF was, in a way it’s a badge of honor to be badly treated by Team Francis. It shows you’re doing...
- John Nelson: How suprising. On Lifesite news today, this pastor has been removed due to “bou ndary violations ” with a male parishione r. https://ww w.lifesite news.com/n ews/jes...
- Dismas: It’s not outside of belief for harm to come to Archbishop Viganò. The Lavender Mafia has lots of money, now complete control over a sovereign bank with a long history of money laund...
- Jann: How wonderful to hear him speak so strongly!
- DelRayVA: I had an interestin g experience in the Diocese of Metuchen back in the early 1990’ ;s. This was when Hughes was the bishop there, after McCarrick. My parish had a married laywo...
- oldCatholigirl: Although I think Mary Eberstadt is a wise and prophetic writer, I, like Elizabeth D, question the wisdom of the idea that anyone who has been sexually abused should be automat...
- OssaSola: Argh. I guess it depends on the priest. In our former parish we had the most important priest in my life and the best. He did not seem to have any preferred cliques around him dictat...
- Joy65: “cap choirgirl says: 18 September 2018 at 3:20 PM I’m of two minds about this. It can be great if you have a great pastor. It’s always sad to lose a good one. But also, “personali ty...
- richdel: Before people begin envisionin g albino monks hunting for Vigano, it is important to realize that if the present agenda that some in Church leadership are pushing comes to fruition, it...
- George @ Convert Journal: Sadly, Fr. Martin has been *invited* by Abp Wilton Gregory to speak at parishes in the Atlanta Archdioces e. People are rightly upset by this. See: https://ge orgiabu...
- Liz: Praying often for Archbishop Vigano.
- richdel: The Las Cruces Experiment lives on.
- HvonBlumenthal: Part of the reason why well meaning but ignorant Catholics go along with this is the unfortunat e double meaning of the word celebrate.
- tho: Liberalism , as it is defined and practiced for the last 50 or more years, is a poison arrow, delivered by half witted utopians into the body of common sense. Our church, our schools, and all...
- MrsMacD: I will cry when our current pastor leaves us. I will cry, and I will mourn. I know God is good and I trust Him but it always feels cruel to lose a pastor that really loves and cares for...
- Kevin: We are at war aren’ ;t we? St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battleR 30;.
- Benedict Joseph: This reported today at LifeSite: https://ww w.lifesite news.com/n ews/jesuit -priest-fr om-pro-gay -parish-re moved-afte r-boundary -violation s-with-ma Quite the fan boyR...
- Sawyer: He left out the need to care for immigrants into the Church so that they are fed with the truth of doctrine and the grace of the sacraments , clothed with the beauty of worship, and shelt...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Card. Müller: “the real danger to today’s humanity is the greenhouse gases of sin and the global warming of unbelief”
- Thoughts on fatherhood and how priestly identity is undercut by short terms as pastors
- More Jesuit idiocy – BUT WAIT! There’s more!
- Henry Sire: “Archbishop Viganò is now living in fear of his life, quite literally.”
- One Mad Mom spanks James Martin, LGBTSJ
- ASK FATHER: Can a Dominican Tertiary priest use the Dominican Rite?
- Lay Rage in Chicago, Mary Eberstadt takes names, and Fr. Z rants
- There are more than one “lavender mafia”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS – 17th Sunday after Pentecost: diabolical contagion
- We are all, I think, striving to understand how we got to the point where we are.
- ASK FATHER: What should we do for Ember Days?
- UPDATED – ACTION ITEM! 10 year old’s fundraiser for a Pregnancy Care Center
- At end of youth meeting, no Apostolic Benediction from Francis.
- Francis to clergy, seminarians, religion in Palermo: “Clericalism… one of the most difficult perversions”
- UPDATE: 15 Sept: Seven Sorrows of Mary, Mater Dolorosa, Queen of Martyrs – Queen of Clergy
- @BishopZubik announces traditional practices for @DioPitt
- Bits and pieces
- WDTPRS – 24th Ordinary Sunday: Does it make any difference to offer prayers to God?
- Videos and hi-res photos of the Consecration of the Abbey and Abbess of Gower
- UPDATED Mary, Queen of the Clergy holy cards with Daily Prayer for Priests – AVAILABLE!
- Of Friday and festive penitential Pesto fit for a King
- BOOKS RECEIVED: A hard look at Francis in Spanish by Argentinian author
- 14 Sept: 11th Anniversary of Summorum Pontificum – Thank you, Benedict XVI!
- Morning After Pill of UK ‘c’atholics – @The_Tablet – falsehood about @BishopMorlino
- IRONY! Francis calls 2019 meeting of bishops on Feast of St. Peter Damian
- A prayer for your confessor, the priest to whom you are about to make your confession
- UPDATES! URGENT TO BISHOPS OF @RaleighDiocese @diosav @DioceseChas @archatl @CatholicNewsCLT
- #HurricaneFlorence, the Carolinas, and You (extraction, security, etc.)
- My View For Awhile: From the Starfield, back to Benghazi
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Category Archives: Our Catholic Identity
And now a short excursion into common sense.
“I am of the opinion, to be sure, that the old rite should be granted much more generously to all those who desire it. It’s impossible to see what could be dangerous or … Continue reading
The demographics of church participation are shifting.
In these USA…
The numbers of active priests will drop, impacting the number of parishes open. The number of millennials going to church will drop, thus impacting parish income. The number of conservative and traditional … Continue reading
These days it seems as if every time I turn around, I receive news of another Pontifical Mass in the Traditional Roman Rite has been celebrated somewhere. I couldn’t be more pleased.
Slowly but surely, we are witnessing the reintegration of … Continue reading
The war on the teaching of Humanae vitae continued today with an offering at ultra-liberal Commonweal by Massimo “Beans” Faggioli. Beans spends a lot of time on Twitter throwing out one inflammatory tweet after another as click bait.
Faggioli takes his … Continue reading
I saw a really interesting video at Jihad Watch. It is about the building of a mosque at the site of the super-important Battle of Tours, 25 October 732, where Charles “the Hammer” Martel routed the Islamic invaders.
A mosque at … Continue reading
Libs do whatever they want, seemingly with impunity.
The UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, reports that the recently appointed Bishop of Würzburg has allowed all Protestants married to Catholics to receive Holy Communion at jubilee Masses for married couples … Continue reading
I am thrilled that Angelico Press sent me copies of books by true heroes in our struggle to revitalize our Catholic identity through the reclamation of sacred liturgical worship.
First, Martin Mosebach has updated his great The Heresy of Formlessness: The … Continue reading
Here is some great Brick By Brick news from the City of Angels.
Archbp. Gomez official set up a traditional parish, staffed by the FSSP, exclusively for the traditional Roman Rite. Fr. James Fryar, a fine priest whom I met in … Continue reading
From a reader…
To what extent are we as Catholics obligated to provide donations to Peter’s Pence? Can we abstain out of principle while still donating to our local parish/diocese and other charitable endeavors?
You are not obliged to provide donations to … Continue reading
We of the Tridentine Mass Society of the Diocese of Madison have posted some splendid photos of the 1st Solemn Mass of the new Fr. Peter Lee, ordained by the Extraordinary Ordinary, Bp. Robert C. Morlino for the aforementioned diocese.
The … Continue reading
Please rush over to the UK’s best Catholic weekly and read the great article by my friend Fr. Alexander Sherbrooke, of St Patrick’s at Soho Square in London.
Fr. Sherbrooke is a priest’s priest, who has done amazing things in his … Continue reading
The German bishops have been driving the debate about admitting people to Communion who do not believe what the Catholic Church teaches about the Eucharist, priesthood, etc. The Pope and the CDF have both said things (admittedly not enough) that … Continue reading
Ireland. The gift that keeps on giving.
I read at the NCRegister that former Irish President Mary McAleese thinks that infant baptism is a violation of human rights.
Baptizing babies, she said, makes “infant conscripts who are held to lifelong obligations of … Continue reading
From a reader…
This morning I was at a Catholic men’s prayer group. This is a wonderful group of men all holding each other up and pursuing their Catholic faith. This morning however one of the men, who is in deacon … Continue reading