You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- APX said Oh wait. My bad. I forgot it’s the 21st Cent...
- APX said Great idea! If you’re up for it, why not start? I...
- BLB Oregon said Our new archbishop, while he was bishop of Marquet...
- Hank Igitur said Some EF priests won’t allow married men to s...
- ReginaMarie said Fr. Martin, True. Thank you. My prayer is that th...
- robtbrown said Mighty, Mighty, Deaconite.
- Venerator Sti Lot said Dear Imrahil, There are various places where Latin...
- Fr Martin Fox said Regina: I realize that, and I did not mean to call...
- ReginaMarie said Fr Martin Fox, True, the Church does not permit pr...
- MWindsor said I was an enlisted man in the Coast Guard. A couple...
- OrthodoxChick said Thanks Ted, I’m reading conflicting things a...
- Cantor said We are blessed to have two permanent deacons in ou...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “Deaconite? Deaconite?” Must. Resist....
- Singing Mum said Excellent post. Inspiring! This day of Pentecost a...
- Ted said OrthodoxChick: Just for your information, I have c...
- Random Friar said As former military, allow me to add my two cents....
- frjim4321 said OrthChick – - - Yes, http://www.crucial.com...
- Hank Igitur said April 1 has already passed by for this year, no?
- Random Friar said Yes, St. Francis was indeed a deacon. It seems he...
- Imrahil said Dear @Tom in NY, thank you for your kind answer. A...
- ray from mn said Some time ago, I heard or read that one of the dut...
- Fr Martin Fox said Robt Brown: I dunno. Am I still a deacon? I think...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Giuseppe, Many thanks! It seems very clear and use...
- PReagan said Thank you, Father! I was going to tell you about t...
- Giuseppe said Boston’s Deaconess Hospital (now merged with...
- OrthodoxChick said Ted, Thank you for the advice. It’s not an...
- Christopher said Jabba: 1)Bad RAM will frequently let you boot your...
- sciencemom said Father, I second what Catholic Tech Geek said: ...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said P.S. Celibacy was dropped as a requirement for Lut...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said Chris Garton-Zavesky, Yes, as mentioned above, a h...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Category Archives: Our Catholic Identity
I have in the past – and with sincere approval – posted items about liturgy and music written by Sr. Joan L. Roccasalvo, C.S.J. Don’t let that CSJ scare you! Sister’s got game when it comes to liturgy.
An alert reader … Continue reading
At Religion News Service there is something about confession and confessionals.
Putting real confessionals in churches… that’s what I call promoting the New Evangelization.
Let’s have a look at this excellent brick by brick story.
DERBY, Conn. (RNS) The Rev. Janusz Kukulka can’t … Continue reading
At site of the Cardinal Newman Society I saw a note about a presser with the French Bishop, Dominique Rey, one of the supporters of a great conference on liturgy which will take place in Rome this summer and … Continue reading
There is a trend you need to be aware of. Indeed, this is a virus you need to help inoculate others against.
Here are a couple examples of the virus that is spreading.
First, turn your attention a piece on the site … Continue reading
There is a link to a petition, below and HERE.
Summon to your minds what Pres. Obama has done over the last few years to undermine religious liberty. Consider what he has done concerning the military. Remember how the Army wanted … Continue reading
I suspect that the liberal cafeteria catholics out there who yammered against Congressman Ryan for his budget proposals will now be as silent as little butterflies about this new development.
From the site of the Journal Sentinel of Milwaukee:
Paul Ryan Regrets … Continue reading
I just received the newsletter of the USCCB’s Committee for Divine Worship. There is an item of interest for our observance of the Year of Faith:
The Solemnity of the Body and Blood of Christ and the Year of Faith
Archbishop Salvatore … Continue reading
From a reader:
I heard recently that there is a rule that after receiving Holy Communion, a person should not eat for fifteen minutes (I think because that’s how long the Body of Christ is in us after Communion).
Most of the … Continue reading
The Holy Father, Pope Francis, talks frequently about the Devil.
This is another example of how Francis is, in his preaching, a bit more concrete than Benedict.
During his fervorino for Mass today, Pope Francis spoke about the “prince of this world”.
“We … Continue reading