- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Lin said After reading this post, music during the Eucharis...
- Joseph-Mary said http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2013/12/50-years-...
- Rachel Pineda said “Much of our Church culture has imbibed a pa...
- Charles E Flynn said At Catholic World Report: December 04, 2013 Dom A...
- Elly said I agree, but I have also noticed that there are mo...
- greinkebs said I hope the video of the circus “mass”...
- HighMass said Dominic1955, Have you ever heard of bugnini’...
- Rachel K said Thankyou Father, I managed to listen again today....
- Mike said Listened; thank you!
- Priam1184 said As a man who regularly attends the Ordinary Form I...
- Mercyknight said I could not agree MORE!!! This has been the major...
- JonathanCatholic said “The Church is not falling to pieces. It has never...
- Imrahil said Correct. That said, not as an ideal but as first a...
- JoyIsLikeTheRain said I’m a man, and I would drag my kids to child...
- Ben Kenobi said Well, sir, you have a real talent for exposition....
- Ben Kenobi said “insecure in their own identity and masculin...
- Supertradmum said Prayers for all on this post, btw.
- acricketchirps said Why don’t as many men go to church as women?...
- JARay said I knew Cardinal Heenan when he was the Bishop of L...
- Supertradmum said Prayers for you, Father Z. Please continue to pray...
- Sourpuss translators of Evangelii Gaudium | Hither, Thither, and Yon said [...] translation of Pope Francis’ Apostolic Exhor...
- Supertradmum said Miss Anita, Pope Francis did use the royal “...
- Stephen Matthew said There is a real issue with liturgy in this yes, th...
- Supertradmum said Card. Heenan’s quotation, which is popular a...
- Mary said I have attended a few of the parishes in the New J...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said Either Christ is in charge of His Church or He isn...
- dominic1955 said “Vatican II was not responsible for all the...
- Gregg the Obscure said I am also glad to pray for all here. Please pray f...
- HighMass said One has to wonder what way the Council would have...
- Mariana2 said Happy to pray for all intentions here, and Father...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
- ADVENTCAzT 02: 1st Monday of Advent – “Heaven, when will we hear you sing?”
- Some 100 US dioceses have adopted Common Core
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 1 Dec: St. Nahum, Prophet of the Old Testment
- ADVENTCAzT 01: 1st Sunday of Advent – WAKE UP!
- We are on one side of the threshold we shall soon cross.
- GUEST POST: “…and my wife said, ‘But that’s a good thing!’”
- Reason #10 for Summorum Pontificum
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Category Archives: Picture Me In My Grief
Unitatis redintegratio applied: Episcopal “Bishop” not seated for installation of Archbp. Cordileone
Rex novus in Aegypto.
The other day Archbishop Cordileone was “installed” (a fitting word given the shape of the Cathedral in San Francisco). You may recall that just days before the installation the Episcopalian (Episcopal) “Bishop” of California, Marc Andrus, wrote … Continue reading
Robert Mickens has shared the angst of his publication The Tablet (aka The Bitter Pill) about a piece of clothing. Not just any clothing, papal clothing.
Pope Benedict, Yes, Benedict XVI wore over his choir dress a stole decorated with the … Continue reading
The Canberra Times has this
Hard times: troubled bishop writes to Pope
BY GRAHAM DOWNIE, RELIGION REPORTER
08 Mar, 2011 08:12 AM
The parlous ["parlous"? This is somewhat obsolete version of "perilous".] state of the Catholic Church in Australia led Auxiliary [!] Bishop of … Continue reading
The Church in Ireland is in trouble! Disaster looms! The meteor is coming straight at them!
The NEW TRANSLATION of the Missal must be STOPPED!
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid are at the top of the cliff. Sundance is afraid … Continue reading
Over at The Crescat I read an interesting and consoling entry.
a tribute medley…
… dedicated to those who have a special place in their hearts for the Gather Hymnal.
“With the new Mass translations coming out this year, the “Gather” … Continue reading
From CMR comes this serious and disconcerting story. Me emphases and comments:
First it was contraception, then abortion. Now the Pope wants to ban something else…Vuvuzelas. [Picture me in my grief.] News reports indicate that Pope Benedict XVI, a former … Continue reading
From America Magazine with my emphases and comments:
Pastor Apologizes for Vatican’s "Insensitive" WordsAugust 18, 2010James Martin, S.J.
A pastor in Oak Park, Ill., has apologized to the women and women religious of his parish for the Vatican’s "insensitive and harsh … Continue reading