When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- Theodore said Here’s a bit of constitutional good news: ...
- Gerard Plourde said Dear Tzabiega, I agree that it would be good if th...
- snoozie said Deo Gratias!!!
- Elizabeth D said mysticalrose, but local people may guess who I am...
- Sconnius said Father (being from India) had his normally scripte...
- jeffc said Fr. Z, you’re making me want the rain to sto...
- jbpolhamus said Either our prayers were ineffectual, or he fled. T...
- Adrienne Regina said Great photos from their Face Book page: https://ww...
- Giuseppe said The court will rule that states cannot prohibit ga...
- patergary said Already signed the other day!
- OlderCatholic said I am unsure where we are drawing lines. When my da...
- tzabiega said The late Cardinal George once wrote in the diocesa...
- Theodore said The city struck its colors soon after this and dec...
- zag4christ said Father preached about the meaning of being a Good...
- PatrickThornton said And don’t forget Endeavour, the Inspector Mo...
- mysticalrose said We had a delightful homily on the Holy Name of Jes...
- Heather F said From what I understand of this story, the issue wa...
- andia said One priest talked about the image of the good shep...
- Elizabeth D said Why don’t you delete my comment, since these...
- Elizabeth D said The homily gave some insight into the homilistR...
- snoozie said Just saw the post referred to above bumped up to t...
- russlem said Yesterday’s Mass included about 12 kids who...
- snoozie said “Fathers! Get ready!” Indeed it’...
- SKAY said Would a florist who is Christian and even more to...
- jmcj said Idaho, of all places. Who’d have thought?
- Dennis Martin said Just to clarify, the article is from October 20, 2...
- benedictgal said These words are heart-breaking, considering the st...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Fr. Bryan says: “glad you got the Radiogram&...
- Skeinster said Got to Mass super late- flat tire- and was sitting...
- Fr. Bryan said Fr. Z, glad you got the Radiogram #1501 from my st...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- San Francisco MASS Mob Results
- ACTION ITEM! US CLERGY! Sign letter urging Synod to uphold Catholic teaching on marriage and family!
- IDAHO: City ordinance says pastors must “marry” homosexuals or go to jail
- National Morse Code Day… and….
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS: 4th Sunday of Easter (2002MR) – Our humility and the might of the Shepherd
- Heads up! Reactions to my post about destruction of Christian businesses still rolling in.
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio Saturday
- Benedict XVI 10 years ago: “Pray for me…”
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday after Easter (1962MR): Be distinguished by your profession of Christ!
- Wherein Fr. Z is, again, in a SciFi novel
- Feedback and a confessional story
- Notes on Eucharistic Prayer II
- Another morsel for #TalkLikeShakespeare Day
- Thanks to readers, monthly donations, Mass for benefactors
- A curious lacuna in ‘Misericordiae vultus’, the Bull for the Holy Year of Mercy
- A Talk Like Shakespeare Day Gift to the Fair Readership that frequenteth This Blog
- ASK FATHER: Continuously adding tap water to Holy Water
- ASK FATHER: Inviting children to stand around the altar? Fail!
- Reader Check-up: Testing a new mobile theme
- ASK FATHER: Seminarians required to stand for Communion. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Have a brainy happy birthday Roma! (Father Z’s Kitchen)
- SWISS GUARD ARMOR UPDATE!
- ASK FATHER: St. Michael Prayer after Novus Ordo Masses
- ASK FATHER: Shoulder cape on cassocks for priests
- ASK FATHER: Using the traditional offertory prayers in the Novus Ordo. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- More about my post: “When they come to destroy your business because you are pro-traditional family”
- New Chant CD from the outstanding Benedictine Monks of Norcia! (And a note about a pilgrimage.)
- Remembering Card. George with the Canons of St. John Cantius
- ACTION ITEM! Newly widowed mother of EIGHT! Please help.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: Picture Me In My Grief
Do you remember that a couple years about Bp. Robert C. Morlino banned eulogies in the Diocese of Madison? HERE Some people nearly lost their minds. Morlino was only being a “good son of the Church”, as Pope Francis describes … Continue reading
I have been up to my ears with a couple projects and so yesterday I wasn’t able to post anything regarding the changing of the guard in the Diocese of Albany.
After 36.88 years (not that anyone is counting precisely), Albany … Continue reading
Unitatis redintegratio applied: Episcopal “Bishop” not seated for installation of Archbp. Cordileone
Rex novus in Aegypto.
The other day Archbishop Cordileone was “installed” (a fitting word given the shape of the Cathedral in San Francisco). You may recall that just days before the installation the Episcopalian (Episcopal) “Bishop” of California, Marc Andrus, wrote … Continue reading
Robert Mickens has shared the angst of his publication The Tablet (aka The Bitter Pill) about a piece of clothing. Not just any clothing, papal clothing.
Pope Benedict, Yes, Benedict XVI wore over his choir dress a stole decorated with the … Continue reading
The Canberra Times has this
Hard times: troubled bishop writes to Pope
BY GRAHAM DOWNIE, RELIGION REPORTER
08 Mar, 2011 08:12 AM
The parlous [“parlous”? This is somewhat obsolete version of “perilous”.] state of the Catholic Church in Australia led Auxiliary [!] Bishop of … Continue reading
The Church in Ireland is in trouble! Disaster looms! The meteor is coming straight at them!
The NEW TRANSLATION of the Missal must be STOPPED!
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid are at the top of the cliff. Sundance is afraid … Continue reading
Over at The Crescat I read an interesting and consoling entry.
a tribute medley…
… dedicated to those who have a special place in their hearts for the Gather Hymnal.
“With the new Mass translations coming out this year, the “Gather” … Continue reading
From CMR comes this serious and disconcerting story. Me emphases and comments:
First it was contraception, then abortion. Now the Pope wants to ban something else…Vuvuzelas. [Picture me in my grief.] News reports indicate that Pope Benedict XVI, a former … Continue reading
From America Magazine with my emphases and comments:
Pastor Apologizes for Vatican’s "Insensitive" WordsAugust 18, 2010James Martin, S.J.
A pastor in Oak Park, Ill., has apologized to the women and women religious of his parish for the Vatican’s "insensitive and harsh … Continue reading