Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- jameeka said Why is “mens” sometimes translated as...
- Marc said Father Z, I had the pleasure of hearing this talk...
- wmeyer said The south is, of course, where some people eat gri...
- benedetta said Of course, excommunicated wymyn priests and those...
- acardnal said No snow on the ground. How abnormal for you.
- ASPM Sem said PeterK: It was at one time the cathedral for the D...
- ASPM Sem said If you have the chance, visit the Cathedral Basili...
- semperficatholic said Eat a Natchitoches meat pie while there! They are...
- Sofia Guerra said Have been able to access podcasts easily. Using sh...
- Legisperitus said But do you have to eat muskrat by candlelight?
- Propaganda v Journalism in PBS Catholic abuse reporting said [...] it of rehashing old stories and telling only...
- incredulous said Perhaps we can host Father Zuhlsdorf in an alligat...
- Kerry said If one hasn’t tried grits, at first, ask to...
- incredulous said mrshopey, he’s even convinced himself that g...
- incredulous said It’s just politics… spin… counte...
- mrshopey said Welcome to the South, Father. May you be greeted...
- incredulous said Thank you Father. Thank you for the reminder that...
- Sonshine135 said When I see churches like this (reminds me of San F...
- Facta Non Verba said Nice! Thank you Father.
- knute said !! My dad and I used to sell plants there, and we&...
- Per Signum Crucis said Chon, Thanks for the insight. I’m also sta...
- smmclaug said “How about Cardinal Dolan on Sunday’s Meet t...
- Incaelo said And Natchitoches’ last bishop (and Alexandri...
- Elizium23 said Gargh! I goofed up. This titular see is similarly...
- Elizium23 said That happens to be the Titular See of my beloved A...
- NBW said Beautiful pictures Father. I like the sunset it...
- Chon said New Sister, The people at St. Patrick’s used...
- SKAY said Welcome to Louisiana Father!!! How lucky they are...
- PeterK said Fr. Z could you expand upon this statement? “...
- OurLadyandSheen said Archbishop Marino, Nuncio to Malaysia.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- WDTPRS Wednesday 1st Week of Lent: getting tenderized
- LENTCAzT 08: Wednesday 1st Week of Lent
- Southern Sojourn
- Deacon Sandy rides again!
- LENTCAzT 07: Tuesday 1st Week of Lent
- WSJ: Long interview with D. Madison’s happy culture warrior, Bp. Morlino
- My View For Awhile: Heading South Edition
- WDTPRS Monday in the 1st Week of Lent (NO)
- Another request for a prayer
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday 1st Week of Lent
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Category Archives: Picture Me In My Grief
Do you remember that a couple years about Bp. Robert C. Morlino banned eulogies in the Diocese of Madison? HERE Some people nearly lost their minds. Morlino was only being a “good son of the Church”, as Pope Francis describes … Continue reading
I have been up to my ears with a couple projects and so yesterday I wasn’t able to post anything regarding the changing of the guard in the Diocese of Albany.
After 36.88 years (not that anyone is counting precisely), Albany … Continue reading
Unitatis redintegratio applied: Episcopal “Bishop” not seated for installation of Archbp. Cordileone
Rex novus in Aegypto.
The other day Archbishop Cordileone was “installed” (a fitting word given the shape of the Cathedral in San Francisco). You may recall that just days before the installation the Episcopalian (Episcopal) “Bishop” of California, Marc Andrus, wrote … Continue reading
Robert Mickens has shared the angst of his publication The Tablet (aka The Bitter Pill) about a piece of clothing. Not just any clothing, papal clothing.
Pope Benedict, Yes, Benedict XVI wore over his choir dress a stole decorated with the … Continue reading
The Canberra Times has this
Hard times: troubled bishop writes to Pope
BY GRAHAM DOWNIE, RELIGION REPORTER
08 Mar, 2011 08:12 AM
The parlous ["parlous"? This is somewhat obsolete version of "perilous".] state of the Catholic Church in Australia led Auxiliary [!] Bishop of … Continue reading
The Church in Ireland is in trouble! Disaster looms! The meteor is coming straight at them!
The NEW TRANSLATION of the Missal must be STOPPED!
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid are at the top of the cliff. Sundance is afraid … Continue reading
Over at The Crescat I read an interesting and consoling entry.
a tribute medley…
… dedicated to those who have a special place in their hearts for the Gather Hymnal.
“With the new Mass translations coming out this year, the “Gather” … Continue reading
From CMR comes this serious and disconcerting story. Me emphases and comments:
First it was contraception, then abortion. Now the Pope wants to ban something else…Vuvuzelas. [Picture me in my grief.] News reports indicate that Pope Benedict XVI, a former … Continue reading
From America Magazine with my emphases and comments:
Pastor Apologizes for Vatican’s "Insensitive" WordsAugust 18, 2010James Martin, S.J.
A pastor in Oak Park, Ill., has apologized to the women and women religious of his parish for the Vatican’s "insensitive and harsh … Continue reading