Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- aviva meriam said Tcreek, when was that picture taken?
- tcreek said Yes, that is George Bush in the background at the...
- tcreek said His birthday cake. https://www.facebook.com/photo....
- Priam1184 said Be safe and well Father. Am I wrong in assuming t...
- aviva meriam said Safe travels.
- rbbadger said I miss lire, too. In fact, I miss the Deutschmark...
- mrshopey said Happy Birthday to him! I miss him but glad he is...
- Grateful to be Catholic said Surely our beloved Pope Benedict is still doing gr...
- chantgirl said 3 pair of the flame retardant kind sent with a sho...
- acardnal said Do you plan to stay in Rome for the canonizations?...
- CatholicLiving said I think the Church is pretty clear on this one: “a...
- CatholicLiving said Very much miss him. Prayers for him and for Pope F...
- CatholicLiving said Ahh, to be in Rome during Holy Week!
- Phil_NL said 2 pairs on the way. The US armed forces are what h...
- M. K. said I miss lire as well – and francs too, for th...
- Dr. Edward Peters said rosaryarmy, imho you’ve made several interes...
- Mike said Such a gentle shepherd! It hurts to see his reputa...
- TNCath said Receive his prayers, fulfill his hopes, And grant...
- HobokenZephyr said Be careful, I think the airlines now charge $50 pe...
- wanda said Safe and happy travels, Fr. Z. May extra angels...
- HighMass said Legisperitus ….and in mine Also….Pius...
- Kathleen10 said That is so great! Thank you Fr. Z! God bless yo...
- Legisperitus said Easily the greatest Pope in my lifetime. God prot...
- Vecchio di Londra said I miss lire too, and we may well see their return...
- LiteratureAddict said Will you be at Santissima Trinità dei Pellegrini o...
- Pullapis said 4 Pairs on the way from this reader, 2 from my gir...
- pannw said Thank you and happy birthday, beloved Benedict! @r...
- mrshopey said Tony, I have read the same advice but my particula...
- Tony said Older, quite orthodox, devotional books surroundin...
- Fr AJ said Really, really miss him!
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
- BIG PUPPET ALERT!
- How Italians differ.
- Z-SWAG: In The Wild – Phoenician Edition
- Your Palm Sunday notes
- LENTCAzT 40: Palm Sunday – “pause, take time to reflect”
- I’m sure the content has nothing to do with their choice.
- The ‘c’atholic Left, Faketivism, and You
- SAUDI ARABIA: Woman professes Christ. Eyes and mouth SEWN SHUT
- The Magisterium of Sophomores: another High School explosion
- WDTPRS: Palm Sunday – the transforming example
- Msgr. Guido Marini reconfirmed as Papal MC
- LENTCAzT 39: Saturday 5th Week of Lent – “meaning of life and death”
- Pope Francis on the Devil, modern education “horrors”, mother and father families
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 38: Friday 5th Week of Lent – An examination of conscience
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: Picture Me In My Grief
Do you remember that a couple years about Bp. Robert C. Morlino banned eulogies in the Diocese of Madison? HERE Some people nearly lost their minds. Morlino was only being a “good son of the Church”, as Pope Francis describes … Continue reading
I have been up to my ears with a couple projects and so yesterday I wasn’t able to post anything regarding the changing of the guard in the Diocese of Albany.
After 36.88 years (not that anyone is counting precisely), Albany … Continue reading
Unitatis redintegratio applied: Episcopal “Bishop” not seated for installation of Archbp. Cordileone
Rex novus in Aegypto.
The other day Archbishop Cordileone was “installed” (a fitting word given the shape of the Cathedral in San Francisco). You may recall that just days before the installation the Episcopalian (Episcopal) “Bishop” of California, Marc Andrus, wrote … Continue reading
Robert Mickens has shared the angst of his publication The Tablet (aka The Bitter Pill) about a piece of clothing. Not just any clothing, papal clothing.
Pope Benedict, Yes, Benedict XVI wore over his choir dress a stole decorated with the … Continue reading
The Canberra Times has this
Hard times: troubled bishop writes to Pope
BY GRAHAM DOWNIE, RELIGION REPORTER
08 Mar, 2011 08:12 AM
The parlous ["parlous"? This is somewhat obsolete version of "perilous".] state of the Catholic Church in Australia led Auxiliary [!] Bishop of … Continue reading
The Church in Ireland is in trouble! Disaster looms! The meteor is coming straight at them!
The NEW TRANSLATION of the Missal must be STOPPED!
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid are at the top of the cliff. Sundance is afraid … Continue reading
Over at The Crescat I read an interesting and consoling entry.
a tribute medley…
… dedicated to those who have a special place in their hearts for the Gather Hymnal.
“With the new Mass translations coming out this year, the “Gather” … Continue reading
From CMR comes this serious and disconcerting story. Me emphases and comments:
First it was contraception, then abortion. Now the Pope wants to ban something else…Vuvuzelas. [Picture me in my grief.] News reports indicate that Pope Benedict XVI, a former … Continue reading
From America Magazine with my emphases and comments:
Pastor Apologizes for Vatican’s "Insensitive" WordsAugust 18, 2010James Martin, S.J.
A pastor in Oak Park, Ill., has apologized to the women and women religious of his parish for the Vatican’s "insensitive and harsh … Continue reading