You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Jeannie_C said I am not a hand clapping head bopping kind of wors...
- Robbie said I threw up in my mouth watching that. That was a...
- MouseTemplar said CatholicintheAgeofAquarius–that wasn’t...
- JabbaPapa said UUURRRGGHHH that LA “mass” is just HOR...
- MouseTemplar said Whoa. The last time I saw a Deacon dancing I left...
- CatholicintheAgeofAquarius said The “service” at the parish of my yout...
- jbas said First Things features a fine article entitled R...
- idelsan said Jaw drop. Literally.
- Henry Edwards said chantgirl: “It can be a penance to be a Lati...
- jilly4ski said I agree with priests wife. These are non comparabl...
- anilwang said You don’t have to go as far as Moscow to see...
- priests wife said This is comparing apples and oranges- the Roman-ri...
- LiteratureAddict said I couldn’t make it through the whole video!
- Ralph said That was a downer.
- anj said It is an outrage. What else is there to say? Whe...
- James0235 said I see some obvious similarities between these Litu...
- chantgirl said The music from Moscow was beautiful! Perhaps I tru...
- wmeyer said Wisely, they kept the segments from LA brief! Stil...
- Timbot2000 said Father! I just ate……where is the Maalo
- Cosmos said Oops: inserted a “not” in fron of ...
- Cosmos said Fr Martin, Beautiful post, thank you for taking th...
- smad0142 said @Cheesesteak Expert Sure the Filioque (properly un...
- The Sicilian Woman said I’m adding this to my Rosary novena. Thank...
- Fr Martin Fox said Cosmos: Yes, but…I guess it all depends on t...
- FeedieB said I have had a hard time too understanding Papa Fran...
- RoyceReed said http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxcOv4zPoVo If I ha...
- robtbrown said The Masked Chicken says, So, redemption is for all...
- RobertK said A long video, but definately worth sharing. Coptic...
- RobertK said Being able to attend a Pontifical Mass in the Extr...
- modestinus said I was hoping to get into this thread sooner, parti...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- “Liturgies” compared
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Category Archives: PODCAzT
A tough one for me today, on the last even partial day of Pope Benedict’s Pontificate…
Today is Thursday of the 2nd Week of Lent.
We hear about the Station, the Collects, and then have part of Pope Benedict’s moving final General Audience … Continue reading
LENTCAzT 15: Wednesday 2nd Week of Lent – Benedict XVI: “If I cast a glance back over my whole life…”
A tough one for me today, on the last full day of Pope Benedict’s Pontificate…
Today is Wednesday of the 2nd Week of Lent.
We hear about the Station, the Collects, and then have part of a sermon by Pope Benedict from … Continue reading
Today is Tuesday of the 2nd Week of Lent.
Today we hear about the Station, listen to Pope Benedict’s reflection on the Transfiguration, and hear St. Augustine’s sound warning to take care of our little boats.
A taste of Augustine from the … Continue reading
Today is Monday of the 2nd Week of Lent.
I do something different with today’s podcast, which is slightly longer than the rest. As usual we hear about the Roman Station, the fascinating San Clemente near the Colosseum. We also have … Continue reading
Today is the 2nd Sunday of Lent.
As usual we hear about a rather new Roman Station for today, 8th century, which is Santa Maria in Domnica. Cool fountain. Cool square-haloed Pope.
Today we hear from an Angelus of Benedict XVI.
Jesus’ struggle … Continue reading
LENTCAzT 11: Ember Saturday 1st Week of Lent – “living only for myself or giving myself for what is greater”
Today is Saturday of the 1st Week of Lent.
As usual we hear about the Roman Station for today, which is St. Peter’s in the Vatican. Cool stuff about Ember Saturday.
Today we hear from a sermon of Benedict XVI.
The expression “following … Continue reading
Today is Friday of the 1st Week of Lent.
As usual we hear about the Roman Station for today, which happens to be the station for all four Ember Fridays of the year. And there is a very cool bit of … Continue reading
Today is Thursday of the 1st Week of Lent.
Today we hear from Pope Leo the Great (+461) his successor Pope Benedict XVI. How can we not focus on him during these last days of his pontificate? A taste…
If you do … Continue reading
Today is Wednesday of the 1st Week of Lent.
Listen for the subtle difference in the collects for Holy Mass in the Ordinary and the Extraordinary Forms. They are similar, but – AGAIN – a change was made in the Novus … Continue reading