You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- The Masked Chicken said I sent in a comment, but it is still in moderation...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said wmeyer says: I have seen young women who perform w...
- jkm210 said I’m 30 years old and grew up in a parish fou...
- The Masked Chicken said “But seriously, even the self-styled “conser...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said I am so tired of this issue. In all charity, I thi...
- Lucy C said Oh – and one more thing – on Wednesday...
- The Masked Chicken said “I believe more harm would be done by the in...
- Lucy C said First of all – to Mamajen, congratulations!!...
- av8er said For the souls of those lost in today’s torna...
- APX said We do have a recently instituted Sacristan girls p...
- Austin Catholics said I can’t believe this question keeps going, a...
- Legisperitus said Ascension Thursday Sunday. Corpus Christi Thursday...
- discipulus said When I used to be an altar server in our TLM paris...
- Charivari Rob said My replies don’t quite fit into the availabl...
- MouseTemplar said I agree with the comment “Let’s bring...
- frjim4321 said The younger and very inexperienced associate that...
- priests wife said My husband is the ‘permanent’ supply p...
- Andrew Saucci said I am going to play devil’s advocate, but fro...
- frjim4321 said “Just curious. Do you have a crucifix or a r...
- maryh said @JacobWall Thank you. I’m really interested...
- maryh said @frjim4321 Just curious. Do you have a crucifix or...
- Janine said for Fr. J - I am praying for all the intentions he...
- Hank Igitur said Prior to 1969 we had reversible cassocks: red side...
- JacobWall said @maryh, what you say sounds very reasonable. Part...
- maryh said @APX Believe me, the last thing I want to do is fo...
- frjim4321 said As you might have guessed, we have both female and...
- Scott W. said Since the crisis in vocations substantially preced...
- Kathleen10 said Wow, Vexilla, that was painful! It must have bee...
- phlogiston said Sadly, I believe there is room for a third poll qu...
- Kathleen10 said One doesn’t need to be a vocations expert, a...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Category Archives: Pope of Christian Unity
The Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei” takes this occasion to announce that, in its most recent official communication (6 September 2012), the Priestly Fraternity of St. Pius X has indicated that additional time for reflection and study is needed on … Continue reading
Communiqué of the General House of the Society of Saint Pius X (October 24, 2012)
Bishop Richard Williamson, having distanced himself from the management and the government of the SSPX for several years, and refusing to show due respect and obedience … Continue reading
The controversial Bishop Richard Williamson may soon be dismissed from the Society of St. Pius X (SSPX), according to a leading Vatican journalist.
Citing a report on the German internet site Kreuz.net, Andrea Tornielli of La Stampa says that Bishop … Continue reading
From a reader:
My city has a an Anglican Use parish, and my understanding is their Mass is just like the TLM except, not in Latin. I can deal with that.
Is it permissible for regular Latin Rite Catholics to attend these … Continue reading
The SSPX says that they now have 569 priests.
Remember that the SSPX, or FSSPX, is a “priestly fraternity”, a “society of priests”. Lay people don’t belong to the SSPX, though there are some associated groups.
Meanwhile, Benedict XVI is the Pope … Continue reading
I received this note from a priest of the FSSP:
Just a quick note regarding our Fall dates for Low Mass Priest Training at our seminary from 17-21 September.
Also, if there is interest, much of our Latin Mass Training Video, is available for online viewing here.
Let’s … Continue reading
SSPX Bp. Fellay speaks about their General Chapter, the new CDF Prefect, unity with Rome (unresolved)
At the site of the SSPX DICI, there is an interview with the SSPX Superior Bp. Bernard Fellay about the recently concluded General Chapter (which is a gathering in which the participants discuss policies, internal matters, etc.).
Read it all, but … Continue reading
Those of you who may be new readers may not know about the mug I made with a phrase of Bl. John Henry Newman: “To be deep in history is to cease to be a Protestant.”
Thinking back on the course of … Continue reading