Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- HyacinthClare said Or move to sunny Arizona where we don’t do a...
- Elizium23 said I’m more concerned about the state of the OF...
- nadine said I wanted to mention that this took place at the on...
- Chon said Thanks for posting this beautiful video of Abp. Sa...
- Joe of St Thérèse said God bless him!
- RANCHER said Oregon is split in two. The Archdiocese of Portla...
- Charles E Flynn said This is an absolutely first-rate video, well worth...
- JonathanCatholic said Truly, Archbishop Sample is one of the greatest Bi...
- mburn16 said Alright, I confess myself ignorant on something ...
- danhorse said Marcus 22, thank-you for letting us see these fabu...
- danhorse said Thanks for posting this, Fr. Z. Oregon is fortunat...
- lsclerkin said Folks, Bishops and priests inside …er…...
- Andkaras said So wonderfully done . Who edited this piece? There...
- MaryW said Thank you, Father. Hope you are on the mend. So...
- Charles E Flynn said The remarkably brief treatment of the subject of p...
- Sonshine135 said Wow! What a beautiful explanation of the Extraordi...
- Charles E Flynn said The frequency for the CHU 7335 kHz transmitter was...
- Siculum said @Elizium23: Ha-ha, and hear, hear.
- Lepidus said Glad you mentioned Luke 23 Father!!!!
- Charles E Flynn said When I was a child, I would turn on the vacuum tub...
- Marcus 22 said You can also see additional photos of the Pontific...
- Sonshine135 said Thanks you Father. I can tell you were not feeling...
- ByzCath08 said Very nice. He seems to be a friend of the EF. Go...
- Sonshine135 said @Elizium23 “Hey guys, can’t the EF be offere...
- Nan said Rev. Willie Bacote is from the Church of the Missi...
- Sonshine135 said Continued prayers for you Father Z. Please get som...
- Ben Yanke said The Extraordinary Ordinary™ strikes again.
- joan ellen said Just prayed 3 Hail Marys for you Fr.
- jhayes said Jflare wrote Now, it’s possible that circumstances...
- Suburbanbanshee said (facepalm) High heels and high platform shoes were...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Category Archives: Pope of Christian Unity
The controversial Bishop Richard Williamson may soon be dismissed from the Society of St. Pius X (SSPX), according to a leading Vatican journalist.
Citing a report on the German internet site Kreuz.net, Andrea Tornielli of La Stampa says that Bishop … Continue reading
From a reader:
My city has a an Anglican Use parish, and my understanding is their Mass is just like the TLM except, not in Latin. I can deal with that.
Is it permissible for regular Latin Rite Catholics to attend these … Continue reading
The SSPX says that they now have 569 priests.
Remember that the SSPX, or FSSPX, is a “priestly fraternity”, a “society of priests”. Lay people don’t belong to the SSPX, though there are some associated groups.
Meanwhile, Benedict XVI is the Pope … Continue reading
I received this note from a priest of the FSSP:
Just a quick note regarding our Fall dates for Low Mass Priest Training at our seminary from 17-21 September.
Also, if there is interest, much of our Latin Mass Training Video, is available for online viewing here.
Let’s … Continue reading
SSPX Bp. Fellay speaks about their General Chapter, the new CDF Prefect, unity with Rome (unresolved)
At the site of the SSPX DICI, there is an interview with the SSPX Superior Bp. Bernard Fellay about the recently concluded General Chapter (which is a gathering in which the participants discuss policies, internal matters, etc.).
Read it all, but … Continue reading
Those of you who may be new readers may not know about the mug I made with a phrase of Bl. John Henry Newman: “To be deep in history is to cease to be a Protestant.”
Thinking back on the course of … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have been informed by an Anglican group that my Bishop gave the green light to let an Anglican (not an ordinariate group, but a schismatic Anglican group) use one of our school’s sanctuary and altar to celebrate … Continue reading
More from the Church of Making Irony Redundant.
These guys never fail to amaze. They have an astonishingly complicated array of commission and conventions and meetings and votes… all for about 4 people. And those 4 are going to do what … Continue reading