You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- BLB Oregon said –”What did we expect? 40 years of bad...
- iPadre said Is the second the Baptist Ordinariate? Please forg...
- albinus1 said One of the sisters is a former student of mine. G...
- PAT said Introduction to the Extraordinary Form Mass with F...
- Dave N. said Sadly, this mess (and several new ones) just conti...
- wanda said Ha! That was and still is one of my favorite comi...
- joecct77 said There are some weddings that are a 3 ring circus.
- Sandy said southernpriest, that was a beautiful comment! Mot...
- gambletrainman said pelerin: Speaking of angels on skateboards, did yo...
- southernpriest said Just watched the videos and had several reactions....
- discipulus said I believe the celebrant Auxiliary Bishop in the LA...
- jasoncpetty said that wasn’t a female priest, that was a Bishop’s B...
- pelerin said Fr G – now I’ve seen it all – an...
- Fr Martin Fox said Cosmos: I don’t know what to do with such Sc...
- OrthodoxChick said I’ve never seen that before – too funn...
- mairead said Fr G that was horrific !
- APX said The first time I watches this my dog was alive and...
- ppb said wmeyer and Father G: okay, you’ve convinced...
- APX said I agree with Jeannie_C: how is this different from...
- Will D. said Hardly a fair comparison. Good Friday, a day of gr...
- acardnal said LOL. You’re right, Father. It’s stil
- JohnE said The Orthodox liturgy looks solemn and reverent and...
- CatholicintheAgeofAquarius said Jeannie_C and Catholic Coffee — I think we...
- Father G said There is a sequel to this video: http://www.youtub...
- Catholicman44455 said Does anyone care whether having girls serve at the...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said It wasn’t all that bad. And we learn to rol...
- CatholicCoffee said Sorry to hear you were down, Fr. Today is Mary Hel...
- chantgirl said Jeannie_C – To be honest the Mass in LA does...
- frjim4321 said Well, neither are really anything I would be much...
- CatholicCoffee said I agree with Jeannie_C: how is this different from...
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Something funny for Friday
- “Liturgies” compared
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Category Archives: Pope of Christian Unity
Those of you who may be new readers may not know about the mug I made with a phrase of Bl. John Henry Newman: “To be deep in history is to cease to be a Protestant.”
Thinking back on the course of … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have been informed by an Anglican group that my Bishop gave the green light to let an Anglican (not an ordinariate group, but a schismatic Anglican group) use one of our school’s sanctuary and altar to celebrate … Continue reading
More from the Church of Making Irony Redundant.
These guys never fail to amaze. They have an astonishingly complicated array of commission and conventions and meetings and votes… all for about 4 people. And those 4 are going to do what … Continue reading
I am catching a few minutes of the rebroadcast of the Holy Father’s Mass for Sts. Peter and Paul on EWTN. I only have a few fleeting minutes.
The Choir of Westminster Abbey is there.
Is it my imagination or are … Continue reading
Benedict XVI’s sermon for Sts. Peter and Paul: “The Church is not a community of the perfect, but a community of sinners.”
The Holy Father’s sermon for the Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul with my emphases and comments. (He gently addresses the issue of “scandal”. Look for it!)
Brother Bishops and Priests,
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
We are gathered around the altar for … Continue reading
Benedict XVI is the Pope of Christian Unity.
From The Catholic Herald:
Pope Benedict XVI has established a personal ordinariate in Australia and named a Lancashire-born former bishop of the Traditional Anglican Communion (TAC) to lead it.
The ordinariate, the world’s third for … Continue reading
To review: The Holy See gave the SSPX a “doctrinal preamble”. The SSPX studied it and proposed in return some modifications. The Holy See and Holy Father studied the modifications. Then the CDF and SSPX Bp. Fellay had a meeting, … Continue reading
Three people have come up to me with questions. I am getting text messages on my phone. It seems SSPX Superior Bishop Bernard Fellay is in Rome to meet with officials of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith … Continue reading
Cindy Wooden of CNS did an article on comments made by SSPX Bp. Fellay on their site DICI. I found this on the site of the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald.
After some introductory remarks about the present situation … Continue reading