- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- robtbrown said Bosco says, ‘Protect the community from scandal’ a...
- amenamen said RichardT : “It therefore seems wrong to fall...
- mr_anthony said Judge Napolitano is great. His commentaries are bi...
- stephen c said to bookworm – , in my experience, almost all...
- The Masked Chicken said BridgetTeresa’s friend said: “Real men...
- Athelstan said Hello Chesterfrank, His Pieta in that church in Dr...
- Athelstan said To protect innocent bystanders, they really should...
- Blasphème architectural | Notions romaines said [...] lecteur a envoyé à l’abbé Zuhlsdorf vi...
- billt said 8-bit Madonna 2-bit artist
- johnnys said Is that a still frame from Night at the Museum?
- eyeclinic said Obviously a Muslim foot washing station. You push...
- ASD said My favorite line from SC § 22.3: Quapropter nemo...
- Nathan said OK, I really, really need my coffee. I just notic...
- Nathan said OK, Father, you got me with this Adventcazt. Not...
- SKAY said I listened. Thank you, Father.
- bookworm said There’s one nagging question I have with reg...
- MacBride said @ Sicilian woman…I was thinking that belonge...
- Ambrose Jnr said This is a pertinent question, Venerator Sti Lot....
- Suburbanbanshee said Happy St. Nicholas’ Day, Father! Nice podcaz...
- Suburbanbanshee said I wouldn’t say “no relationship.”...
- RichardT said I also decline to read (even though public speakin...
- Philippa Martyr said For Example, I was disgusted but silent when Pope...
- The Sicilian Woman said Anyone remember the Brady Bunch episode in Hawaii...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Would salutations such as “Happy Holy-days a...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Oops! “to exercise” omitted at end!
- Venerator Sti Lot said What “form of control” which it is ass...
- eben said I’m genuinely surprised and delighted to see...
- Venerator Sti Lot said The supposed female figure with its single swollen...
- Absit invidia said Abstract art has no place in spiritual practice....
- TXKathi said Thank you Father
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Category Archives: Pope of Christian Unity
The SSPX says that they now have 569 priests.
Remember that the SSPX, or FSSPX, is a “priestly fraternity”, a “society of priests”. Lay people don’t belong to the SSPX, though there are some associated groups.
Meanwhile, Benedict XVI is the Pope … Continue reading
I received this note from a priest of the FSSP:
Just a quick note regarding our Fall dates for Low Mass Priest Training at our seminary from 17-21 September.
Also, if there is interest, much of our Latin Mass Training Video, is available for online viewing here.
Let’s … Continue reading
SSPX Bp. Fellay speaks about their General Chapter, the new CDF Prefect, unity with Rome (unresolved)
At the site of the SSPX DICI, there is an interview with the SSPX Superior Bp. Bernard Fellay about the recently concluded General Chapter (which is a gathering in which the participants discuss policies, internal matters, etc.).
Read it all, but … Continue reading
Those of you who may be new readers may not know about the mug I made with a phrase of Bl. John Henry Newman: “To be deep in history is to cease to be a Protestant.”
Thinking back on the course of … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have been informed by an Anglican group that my Bishop gave the green light to let an Anglican (not an ordinariate group, but a schismatic Anglican group) use one of our school’s sanctuary and altar to celebrate … Continue reading
More from the Church of Making Irony Redundant.
These guys never fail to amaze. They have an astonishingly complicated array of commission and conventions and meetings and votes… all for about 4 people. And those 4 are going to do what … Continue reading
I am catching a few minutes of the rebroadcast of the Holy Father’s Mass for Sts. Peter and Paul on EWTN. I only have a few fleeting minutes.
The Choir of Westminster Abbey is there.
Is it my imagination or are … Continue reading
Benedict XVI’s sermon for Sts. Peter and Paul: “The Church is not a community of the perfect, but a community of sinners.”
The Holy Father’s sermon for the Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul with my emphases and comments. (He gently addresses the issue of “scandal”. Look for it!)
Brother Bishops and Priests,
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
We are gathered around the altar for … Continue reading
Benedict XVI is the Pope of Christian Unity.
From The Catholic Herald:
Pope Benedict XVI has established a personal ordinariate in Australia and named a Lancashire-born former bishop of the Traditional Anglican Communion (TAC) to lead it.
The ordinariate, the world’s third for … Continue reading