"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- StnyPtGuy said Is the Father Lawrence DiNardo mentioned in the Bi...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Oops!: “when his uncle was” (I have he...
- Venerator Sti Lot said The English Wikipedia article on him has three mor...
- Andrew said Restant nunc ad Christi fidem virtutis insignia, q...
- Venerator Sti Lot said In his 1910 Catholic Encyclopedia article, John Go...
- Giuseppe said Thanks, Truthfinder, And, of course, it seems that...
- The Cobbler said Clinton R., Considering the history of the Hagia S...
- friarpark said The bovine Option for the maniple perhaps.
- truthfinder said Giuseppe, no. The canonizations of the last coupl...
- anachy said Forgive me if I’m underwhelmed by this news....
- q7swallows said Gregg the Obscure: Your comment applies to not o...
- Giuseppe said Lmo1968, St. John Paul II will always be blessed....
- rodin said All that food looks delicious, especially the salt...
- lmo1968 said Today is the feast day of St. John Paul II, he is...
- Clinton R. said Speaking of the religion of peace, there’s t...
- Giuseppe said That hymn was almost as good as one of LongSkirts!
- YoungLatinMassGuy said Until more details come out, I’m going to wi...
- pseudomodo said Indeed pray for us! Incidentaly today was schedule...
- Jacob said Father, it was some little hole-in-the-wall church...
- NBW said The food pics are awesome! Some of the vestments h...
- mysticalrose said APX: LOL!
- jacobi said No one is perfect you know! Something to do with H...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Jacob: I don’t recall. Did I ever express s...
- Tina in Ashburn said Father you are so silly. Glad to hear you are laff...
- Jacob said Father, remind us all again what the name of the c...
- dochm13 said I erred in my assumption of the FSSP being invited...
- greinkebs said Michael with his comments today seems to add to th...
- Andrew_81 said For “expensive Masses” read EO form M...
- Andrew_81 said As an SSPX supporter, I am glad to see more bishop...
- dinsdale said dochm13, am I missing something? The FSSP is not...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- 22 October: Sts. Nunilo and Alodia! Virgins and Martyrs
- ROME – Day 2: Vestments edition
- Oh the humanity!
- D. Pittsburgh: Extraordinary Form Parish
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
- Pope Francis’ final address to the Synod as it closes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami Edition
- Hell’s Bible’s editorial on the Synod
- Views on the Synod right now
- What Card. Burke really said to BuzzFeed
- ASK FATHER: Lay people purifying vessels at Mass
- Card Sarah of Africa on Synod
- ASK FATHER: Can’t get real baptism certificate! Wedding in six weeks!
- My View For Awhile: Manhattan Edition
- 16 Oct 1978 – St. John Paul elected Pope
- VIDEO: Card. Pell speaks on a ‘secular agenda’, the Relatio, the “stalking horse”
- Reports of Circuli Minores now available on Vatican website
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: Pope of Christian Unity
Via the best Catholic weekly in the UK, The Catholic Herald…
Archbishop Vincent Nichols of Westminster has welcomed the appointment of the Rt Rev Justin Welby, Bishop of Durham, as the next Archbishop of Canterbury.
Writing on behalf of the Bishops’ Conference … Continue reading
Could there be an Ordinariate for former Lutherans in a way similar to those for former Anglicans?
It is hard for me to see how. Perhaps it could be possible.
The president of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity said … Continue reading
The Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei” takes this occasion to announce that, in its most recent official communication (6 September 2012), the Priestly Fraternity of St. Pius X has indicated that additional time for reflection and study is needed on … Continue reading
Communiqué of the General House of the Society of Saint Pius X (October 24, 2012)
Bishop Richard Williamson, having distanced himself from the management and the government of the SSPX for several years, and refusing to show due respect and obedience … Continue reading
The controversial Bishop Richard Williamson may soon be dismissed from the Society of St. Pius X (SSPX), according to a leading Vatican journalist.
Citing a report on the German internet site Kreuz.net, Andrea Tornielli of La Stampa says that Bishop … Continue reading
From a reader:
My city has a an Anglican Use parish, and my understanding is their Mass is just like the TLM except, not in Latin. I can deal with that.
Is it permissible for regular Latin Rite Catholics to attend these … Continue reading
The SSPX says that they now have 569 priests.
Remember that the SSPX, or FSSPX, is a “priestly fraternity”, a “society of priests”. Lay people don’t belong to the SSPX, though there are some associated groups.
Meanwhile, Benedict XVI is the Pope … Continue reading
I received this note from a priest of the FSSP:
Just a quick note regarding our Fall dates for Low Mass Priest Training at our seminary from 17-21 September.
Also, if there is interest, much of our Latin Mass Training Video, is available for online viewing here.
Let’s … Continue reading