Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Random Friar said Rituale Romanum, Chapter IV, 3: 3. BLESSING OF SIC...
- capchoirgirl said Scott W.–Ha!
- The Cobbler said If we’re going to post all the funny Catholi...
- Benedict Joseph said I don’t have a caption, but it is a sight fo...
- TC said A member at Catholic Answers forums said that some...
- benedetta said With all due respect to our blog Father and my fel...
- Sconnius said Father preached about the virtue of Justice, about...
- iamlucky13 said The pharisees who Jesus dealt with obsessed over t...
- Potato2 said @pontifex blew up twitter again. Now I have to sp...
- TWF said AnnTherese: Caring for the poor is vital to the Ch...
- Southern Baron said In my old parish, which juggled quite a lot of sen...
- Michael_Thoma said Fantasy Football: End Game
- Grumpy Beggar said Someone please be the Garrigue says: “I just...
- Grumpy Beggar said Someone please be the Garrigue says: “I just...
- donato2 said “The pope says we have spiritual Alzheimer
- AnnTherese said Just read more about the mission of this year̵...
- Cantor said Scott W.: Thank you! Finally – written notat...
- jacobi said We have a good new priest, a touch of the “r...
- Elizabeth D said Appy the man who fears the Lord, who takes delight...
- PhilipNeri said Pelerin, you might find this post interesting. . ....
- JuliB said This is good to read. My female miniature pinsche...
- Northern Ox said It’s hard to keep up when the Padres-Angels...
- Scott W. said Someone should notate “Make Me a Channel of...
- pelerin said The link given by The Egyptian is interesting and...
- Robbie said I know it’s already been written, but this i...
- Someone please be the Garrigue said I just got a mail from someone called Ashley, in M...
- The Egyptian said “we have coordinated the route of the nuns o...
- Polycarpio said Locked out of WDTPRS registered accounts again!
- Tina in Ashburn said wowie! Fr. Byer is back AND Fr. MacRae as a comme...
- ppb said Very entertaining parody! One of the ironies of th...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- Down with pews! Away with them! (104)
- Same-sex marriages, and then polygamy, and then… (39)
- CAPTION CALL (37)
- ASK FATHER: How to talk to other mothers about male only altar service? (35)
- Fr. Blake on “Manliness”. Wherein Fr. Z rants. (33)
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies? (30)
- ASK FATHER: Is it a mortal sin to criticize the Pope? (26)
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences (25)
- Even For Fishwrap a new low (24)
- Confused about Pope Francis? You have company! (17)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Prayers for a sick pet
- Church Music: sacred and… not so much
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!” – Texas Deputy Murdered for being LEO
- CAPTION CALL
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Welcome Aboard New Registrants!
- Nuns On The Bus III: Another tired sequel of the Magisterium of Nuns
- My View For While: Domum
- WDTPRS – 22nd Ordinary Sunday: images of armies
- ACTION ITEM! Getting TLM things for a priest
- WDTPRS – 14th Sunday after Pentecost: healths, hands and the finger
- Confused about Pope Francis? You have company!
- He’s back! Fr. Byers returns from silence
- Diminishing Returns: Feast of the Beheading of John the Baptist
- Another good pre-Synod resource in defense of the family
- Even For Fishwrap a new low
- Same-sex marriages, and then polygamy, and then…
- Huge petition askes Pope Francis for clarity about marriage
- How St. Augustine came to be in Hippo
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- The Bones of St. Augustine
- St. Monnica avoided alcoholism
- ACTION ITEM REMINDER: Birettas for Seminarians
- St. Monnica: “put my body anywhere”
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences
- Pope John Paul – The Pope People Forget To Remember
- ASK FATHER: What documents are needed for us to marry?
- Down with pews! Away with them!
- ASK FATHER: Does a declaration of nullity mean a marriage never existed?
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies?
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: Priests and Priesthood
I have in the past mentioned the Opus Bono Sacerdotii which is dedicated to helping priests who are in trouble. This is an organization which deserves support. That said, I saw a fine statistic on their Facebook page. 595 … Continue reading
It’s spring, and time for a Supper For The Promotion of Clericalism, in other words, no lay people allowed. I am in favor of clericalism… the way I define it. HERE In less provocative terms, I’m having 7 priests over … Continue reading
ACTION ITEM! US CLERGY! Sign letter urging Synod to uphold Catholic teaching on marriage and family!
I want to bump this to the top so that more priests will see it after a busy weekend. ____ Published on: Apr 25, 2015 @ 9:58 _____ You will recall that hundreds of priests in England signed a letter, published … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: We have lector and acolyte installations today and tomorrow here at the seminary. Some of us got into a debate about whether or not the old provision for lectors to bless bread and acolytes to bless … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Can Priests in the USA use the maniple in a N.O. Mass? Same question regarding the use of a black Zucchetto? The maniple? Yes, priests can use the maniple during Holy Mass according to the Novus Ordo, … Continue reading
Okay… this is going to be hard. From a seminarian: I am currently a ___ year seminarian attending ___ . antecently, a new ‘policy’ was adopted here: all must receive Holy Communion standing. The Holy See has made it absolutely clear that we all have … Continue reading
From a priest: A priest in the olden days was permitted to wear such a shoulder cape (look at pics of St Don Bosco – [A founder of a religious order]) and it was built together as a simar cassock, … Continue reading
I hope you are all remembering Card. George in your prayers. RIP Bishop with long terms leaving lasting legacies. For the Archdiocese of Chicago – indeed for the whole of these USA – one this that Card. George did stands head … Continue reading
There is an extract from a wide-ranging interview at L’homme nouveau in French with His Eminence Robert Card. Sarah, Prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments. He is rapidly rising on my list of favorite … Continue reading
I noticed that today is the 55th anniversary of my baptism. I will say a prayer or two for the one who baptized me and for my godparents, one of whom is deceased. Do you pray for the priest (or ministers … Continue reading