- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- kay said Thank you very much for these weekly postings duri...
- Daniel W said Why call a Church in San Diego, St Anne’s ...
- benedetta said Given my experiences with technology of late, the...
- forzajuv said I just started playing 3 weeks back. I like it. It...
- dafrenchman said geotagging type game if I recall.
- DavidJ said I was for quite a while, and then it got old.
- Pigeon said It’s a game, apparently.
- Nicholas said I walked into a building once. Although, I donR...
- OlderCatholic said “Can Laity have hosts?” Until they are...
- Daniel W said Ed Peters complains about Scalia’s statement that...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Too many rabbit trails to chase down here, so, I...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said RobtBrown’s comments on the Office — a...
- Benedict Joseph said Rude reality. Judges Kennedy and Sotomayor don’t g...
- Papabile said Going after Scalia on this one sentence, taken out...
- Ignatius said To robtbrown You say: “Scalia has said that...
- Kathleen10 said Imagine boycotts that encompass Catholics AND Prot...
- Kathleen10 said Roma247, great and accurate point. We can do both...
- Kathleen10 said This decision takes away the right of states to de...
- robtbrown said mlmc says: vandalia- you misinterpret the role of...
- Bea said Andrew says: “What is the effect of excommun...
- Giuseppe said Chief Justice Roberts, joined by Justice Scalia an...
- alanphipps said Chicken is right — Doctor Who bests both of...
- vandalia said @mlmc, For clarity, that is not simply my opinion,...
- robtbrown said Re whether marriage is part of Divine Revelation:...
- Massachusetts Catholic said If a Catholic priest who is pastor of a parish par...
- Seamus said I wonder whether those who argue that judges who r...
- mlmc said vandalia- you misinterpret the role of a SCOTUS ju...
- robtbrown said Ignatius says: Justice Scalia has said, time and a...
- Imrahil said Dear robtbrown, I’d defend the Council on fo...
- robtbrown said Discens, Vat II is wordy, but that doesn’t e...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- WDTPRS 14th Ordinary Sunday – from dust to freedom
- Excommunication of same-sex ‘marriage’ Catholic SCOTUS Justices for Heresy
- ASK FATHER: Sunday obligation and career conflicts
- UPDATE REVIEW: The ULTIMATE Priest’s Gift – Super Cool Portable Altar
- Minnesota: Extraordinary Form with preaching in Spanish
- Something to amuse
- Brick by Brick in Knoxville: 1st TLM of new priest!
- New Commissar appointed over the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
- SSPX Bp. Fellay: “we are on the eve of important events that we cannot yet define”
- Catholic public figures and officials must RESIST! Some are resisting already.
- Most Precious Blood of Our Lord
- 1 July: St. Aaron, brother of Moses
- Chapel by chapel: Corpus Christi, London – Lady Chapel Restored
- Compare and Contrast: An Archbishop’s statement about Obergefell v. Hodges
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- Congratulations Card. Burke: Happy Birthday and 40 years of priesthood!
- A Blog Bug squashed: SITEMETER compromised, malware
- ACTION ITEM! Milwaukee Art Museum – Anti-Catholic offense! @MilwaukeeArt
- @MadisonDiocese: 1st Masses in the Extraordinary Form
- Jupiter and Venus are having a … conjunction! In plain sight!
- “We have two tools at hand that the other side does not: truth and grace.”
- Notes concerning SCOTUS same-sex decision Obergefell v. Hodges
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Observations about important CDF document on “Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – POLL and AUDIO
- Super fun book alert!
- ASK FATHER: Married deacons and the fascia
- The problem is the inversion of “God is love” and “Love is God.”
- WDTPRS: 13th Ordinary Sunday – divine adoption and the splendor of truth
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: Religious Liberty
Qui cum canibus concumbunt cum pulicibus surgent.
From Catholic World News:
President Obama will be keynote speaker at Catholic Health Association convention
President Barack Obama will deliver the closing address to the annual assembly of the Catholic Health Association (CHA), the organization has … Continue reading
In the Washington Times I read this.
Idaho city’s ordinance tells pastors to marry gays or go to jail
Coeur d‘Alene, Idaho, city officials have laid down the law to Christian pastors within their community, telling them bluntly via an ordinance that … Continue reading
Reactions to my post When they come to destroy your business because you are pro-traditional family are still rolling in. It was cited quite a few news outlets and blogs.
Today, Sunday, there is a piece in the local paper where I … Continue reading
It’s almost always the case that when I post anything about Religion News Service (RNS), it’s because what they publish is liberal editorializing rather than religious news. David Gibson of RNS seems to go out of his way to make conservative Catholics … Continue reading
The world is going nuts. I have often felt a bit like Cassandra, but … Cassandra was right.
Here is another take.
From the pen of John Zmirak at The Stream with my emphases and comments:
The expected Supreme Court decision imposing on 50 states … Continue reading
Boko Haram kills, ‘beheads with chainsaws’ 40 people to derail Nigeria elections
Militants from extremist group Boko Haram attacked several Nigerian towns, torching houses and fatally shooting those who fled before reportedly beheading some of the bodies with chainsaws. The string … Continue reading
From a reader…
I was reading an article on the SSPX website on Religious Liberty last night. In it, they quoted Dignitatis Humanæ of the Second Vatican Council. Interestingly, the part the SSPX would particularly object to is missing on the Vatican’s website!
Here … Continue reading
The Left and the openly immoral use the tactics of thugs to intimidate others to their will.
Here is something from Gateway Pundit.
Washington Grandmother Set to Lose Home & Life’s Savings for Not Selling Flowers to Couple for Gay Wedding
Seventy year-old … Continue reading
I was alerted to this terrible development.
From the Cardinal Newman Society. Check out their feed on my sidebar.
Mayor Signs Coercive Bills Damaging Religious Freedom of D.C. Catholic Schools, Colleges
District of Columbia Mayor Muriel Bowser has signed into law two bills … Continue reading
I am sensing a pattern.
The Holy Father takes a trip. The Holy Father talks to journalists on the plane. The Holy Father is asked a question about a hot button issue. The Holy Father speaks off the cuff. The Press … Continue reading