You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Cathy said I worked as a temp at one time putting computers t...
- yatzer said My Jewish friends in college referred to the rabbi...
- Venerator Sti Lot said What of attention to Latin Psalms, as existing pra...
- Giuseppe said Just as a priest’s wife (those rare priests...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Imrahil, The year we were workng mostly on Cicero...
- spencer said As a permanent deacon (and I really tire of using...
- ronconte said In the early Church, a deaconess was not necessari...
- JabbaPapa said The word “deaconess” has sometimes bee...
- Speravi said I love the “deacon is a deacon is a deacon...
- ReginaMarie said Diakonissa is a Greek title of honor used to refer...
- robtbrown said billy says: The problem with having all meatless d...
- OrthodoxChick said This is a timely post. I have a dead mothership l...
- jbas said Chris Garton-Zavesky, Yes; it’s probably of...
- jbas said I don’t see how the term itself is offensive...
- VexillaRegis said The more languages you know, the richer you are!
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Two quick questions: Wasn’t St. Francis of A...
- Tom in NY said @Imrahil: I was able to take three languages in hi...
- Fr Martin Fox said I had never heard of anything like this, nor of de...
- Cheesesteak Expert said Why all the resistance to fasting and its traditio...
- Amerikaner said I think some confusion over permanent deacons and...
- Priam1184 said Excellent Father. Thank you.
- trad catholic mom said Just to clarify, I watched the semi-final yesterda...
- trad catholic mom said Thanks for the heads up I watched it yesterday. It...
- Priam1184 said I guess, after reading the comments above, oneR...
- AA Cunningham said It’s not an impeachable offense and it is be...
- Jeannie_C said Hughie – I have to admit, this has been our...
- Jeannie_C said We are blessed to have a number of Permanent Deaco...
- LarryW2LJ said It’s not being blown out of proportion, as I...
- UncleBlobb said Father Z., it is very interesting where the prayer...
- Hughie said My brother-in-law, John — a former Fire Brig...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Category Archives: Religious Liberty
From Vatican Insider comes this.
The Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Mgr. Gerhard Ludwig Müller, has launched a biting attack of [on?] the mood toward the Catholic Church in the U.S. and Europe, comparing it to … Continue reading
(CNSNews.com) – In a final regulation issued Wednesday, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) assumed that under Obamacare the cheapest health insurance plan available in 2016 for a family will cost $20,000 for the year.
Under Obamacare, Americans will be required to buy … Continue reading
On the TV series The West Wing you learn about “taking out the trash”. That is, the White House releases what might be potentially problematic news on a Friday, so that things can calm down over the weekend and other stories … Continue reading
I must have walked through the wrong door and into Bearded-Spock Universe.
This isn’t a joke. Here is the link to the site of the White House.
Read the language carefully.
It’s supposed to be “Religious Freedom Day”, but the text starts out … Continue reading
Can you imagine the constitutional problems/crisis?
Supreme Court Opens Door to Obama Eligibility Challenge on February 15th
Chief Justice John Roberts Schedules A Case Regarding Obamas Forged IDs to be Heard in Conference Before the Full Supreme Court.
The case titled Noonan, … Continue reading
The death of Mgr. Chen Shizhong: during forced labor he had received the gift of forgiving his enemies
Yibin (Agenzia Fides) – On December 16, 2012, His Exc. Mgr. John Chen Shizhong, Bishop of the Diocese of Yibin (Suifu), in … Continue reading
I regularly think about times when the Church has been persecuted. Has been? Nay, rather… is being persecuted. I think it is a good idea to reflect on these matters frequently and even try to get your head around the real … Continue reading
From EWTN News:
White House petitioned to label Catholic Church a ‘hate group’
By Michelle Bauman
An online petition asking the White House to designate the Catholic Church as a “hate group” for its views on marriage is drawing criticism for generating unjust … Continue reading
U.S. Bishops call for project of prayer, fasting to begin 30 DECEMBER to defend Life, Marriage, Religious Liberty – FR Z POLL
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Did you know that the Bishops of these United States of America have asked for Catholics to pray, fast and abstain on Fridays, and take part in a holy hour each month?
Call To … Continue reading