When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- Legisperitus said I really enjoyed Sayers & Reynolds, especially...
- Toan said I imagine the priest shouldn’t object to mee...
- Mariana2 said What would spaghetti alla papabile be : ) ?
- JonPatrick said I can also recommend the Mark Musa translation whi...
- Latin Mass Type said I am joyful at the thought of all that priestly fe...
- drohan said Good Advice Fr. Fox. Of course if they are having...
- Dafyd said Dr Tighe, That helps clarify a lot of the historic...
- Penelope said Glennonite, I have experienced a crisis similar to...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Priam1184 says: induction set up Yes! You win a...
- jflare said For a different job, one that allows for me to att...
- Elizabeth D said God has all the power in His hands. “When I...
- Fr Martin Fox said We don’t know the question the priest was as...
- Sliwka said While I agree that the Mass is primarily for adora...
- Sliwka said My wife has had a pretty rough pregnancy so far, s...
- Venerator Sti Lot said C.S. Lewis interestingly wrote to the Blessed Don...
- Kerry said ASPM Sem, I think you are assuming facts not in e...
- andia said As always please pray for Father David W. Bialkows...
- Makemeaspark said Elizabeth D Be of good courage! You hold in your h...
- MouseTemplar said For a friend dealing with the suicide of an 18 ye...
- andia said Sunday Mass was a First Communion for about 20 kid...
- Priam1184 said Is that an induction set up I see?
- John the Mad said Many years ago while serving as a captain in the C...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Ought we to say “Henry VIII was a monster...
- ConstantlyConverting said The annulment process always assumes in favor of t...
- semperficatholic said I prayed for all of the above as I read them. In y...
- JustaSinner said I go to Mass for the Body of Christ, period. I don...
- Venerator Sti Lot said The phrase “lasting joy in this changing wor...
- lana said if you have reason to think your marriage is null,...
- iPadre said “Ecce quam bonum et quam jucundum habitare f...
- Venerator Sti Lot said “We should be on guard about that word ̵...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Is divorce a sin? Should I confront priest who said it isn’t?
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Supper For The Promotion of Clericalism
- ASK FATHER: “We don’t go to Mass to adore Jesus…”?
- ASK FATHER: Is saying “God bless you!” a blessing?
- 4 May: St. Monnica!
- Pope Francis did two really cool things
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ACTION ITEM! US CLERGY! Sign letter urging Synod to uphold Catholic teaching on marriage and family!
- WDTPRS Secret and Prayer over Offerings – the SAME in both Novus Ordo and TLM!
- WDTPRS: 4th Sunday after Easter (1962MR) – “values”, and the smoke of Satan
- Krauthammer on “Wolf Hall”
- ASK FATHER: Commentator during Mass
- ASK FATHER: Eastern Catholic Priest or Deacon as Deacon for Traditional Latin Mass?
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio Saturday – Annuntio vobis gaudium!
- Sign up for ‘Summorum Pontificum’ Pilgrimage to Rome with Fr. Z (19-29 October)
- ASK FATHER: Can non-Catholics go to confession?
- ASK FATHER: Sanation of Protestant marriage without dispensation
- New SF Blog: One Mad Mom
- ASK FATHER: Three questions from a sinner who wants to come home.
- ASK FATHER: Baptized Greek Orthodox but left
- ASK FATHER: Can lectors still bless bread?
- CNS: Feminist Steinem Touts Abortion, Ridicules Church at St. Norbert College (D. Green Bay)
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail or ¡Hagan lío! & ASK FATHER: Date of Easter in Holy Land
- Swiss Guard Armor Project – UPDATE
- ASK FATHER: “Getting rid” of Hosts
- ASK FATHER: Maniple and zucchetto in the Novus Ordo
- ASK FATHER: Valid marriage in hospital room?
- San Francisco MASS Mob Results
- IDAHO: City ordinance says pastors must “marry” homosexuals or go to jail
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: Religious Liberty
From Life News:
IRS Strikes Deal With Atheist Group to Monitor Content of Sermons
The next time your pastor delivers a pro-life sermon or urges the congregation to stand up for pro-life values in the political or public arena, he could be … Continue reading
This is by Zac Morgan, a staff attorney at the Center for Competitive Politics writing at NRO. My emphases and comments.
Does Religious Speech Threaten Democracy?
It could be restricted or banned under a constitutional amendment Democrats have proposed.
The Senate Judiciary Committee yesterday … Continue reading
I read this at NRO:
Senate Democrats’ Religious-Freedom Deprivation Bill
Under the guise of “protect[ing] women’s health from corporate interference,” the bill that Senate Democrats are proposing in response to the Hobby Lobby ruling would deprive religious entities of all religious-liberty protections … Continue reading
The pressure will now rise, since Anglicans have betrayed Christian tradition and history (again).
Never mind that the Church of England has cobbled up a rite of baptism that omits any reference to the Devil (HERE), now we have this from … Continue reading
I had heard a story about the Naturalization Test legal immigrants (always welcome) take for citizenship in these USA. I tried a self-test at the .gov site.
I saw this:
One of these, freedom of “worship” or freedom of “religion” is fine. The … Continue reading
The New York Time’s (aka Hell’s Bible) took money for an anti-Catholic full-page ad featuring the racist Margaret Sanger.
From American Thinker:
Anti-Catholic full-page ad in the New York Times today
By Ed Lasky
The Hobby Lobby decision has ignited liberals and unleashed their … Continue reading
In light of the fact of the continuing erosion of our civil liberties and the marginalization of religion (Christianity) and religious (Christian) values, and in light of the fact that we are in the mysterious period between Ascension Thursday and … Continue reading
I hope you will all stop what you are doing right now and say a prayer to St. Michael the Archangel to protect our brothers and sisters in China, and then say a prayer to Our Lady of China, perhaps … Continue reading
The great Francis Card. Arinze, titular Cardinal Bishop of Velletri-Segni, has spoken out with his classic clarity.
To wit, check Life News:
April 29, 2014 (LifeSiteNews.com) – The question of whether Catholic politicians who support abortion should receive or be denied Holy … Continue reading