- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Two great points: 1) Some theologians (I usually...
- penitentman80 said For the vast majority of people in the United Stat...
- fib09002 said I think we should distinguish Capitalism, which ba...
- mike cliffson said Fr If you yourself should – God between u...
- Hans said Brrr. These can be chilly waters for a permanent...
- cmnunis said For us here in Australia, more so the Archdiocese...
- robtbrown said Uxixu, What I have described is the life of a cler...
- robtbrown said Nan, 1&2. Note that I See my other suggestion...
- TomD said “At the same time, no economic system, free...
- Henry Edwards said Iowapapist: “I wore cassocks as an altar boy...
- BLB Oregon said <> Uptalk may be a way to achieve a dumbed-d...
- Gail F said I do not understand the USCCB’s support for...
- tcreek said My post above noted that 45,000 Americans receive...
- norancor said Priests, wear your cassocks! Father, Just for the...
- Nan said @robtbrown, I see a couple of problems with your s...
- Supertradmum said Well, it would be helpful to see yet another pope&...
- iowapapist said Teejay329: I wore cassocks as an altar boy (before...
- JLCG said Naturally an embryo does not become a man if it is...
- Uxixu said @robtbrown You’ve basically described the pr...
- Gretchen said I think the freedom to publicly applaud the sackin...
- Supertradmum said Excellent sermon by this diocese’s vocations...
- wmeyer said Miss Anita Moore, I was probably insufficiently cl...
- Imrahil said Rev’d dear @Fr Z, thanks for that good analy...
- Dcduo said Damn it! I had been self conscious lately about my...
- tcreek said The single social issue overriding all others is f...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said wmeyer says: Miss Anita Moore, all men are sinners...
- robtbrown said Priam1184, Well, we know that the people aren...
- TomG said I think the late Irving Kristol (Bill’s dad)...
- robtbrown said DeaconAugustine, Most of the laity is polite and r...
- wmeyer said Priam1184, you appear to posit a “marketR...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Category Archives: Religious Liberty
In my native place, more anti-Christian news, but with a small victory:
City of St. Paul stops fighting statue of Jesus atop bluff
by Bill Keller
ST. PAUL, Minn. (KMSP)
See Video HERE [Watch. This man is an inspiration.]
There’s a marble statue of Jesus standing … Continue reading
We Catholic citizens of these USA need to support the Archdiocese for Military Services.
From National Catholic Register:
Religion in U.S. Military Policy
The Family Research Council’s report notes that pressure to impose ’a secular, anti-religious culture’ has intensified over the last six … Continue reading
Biretta tip to Pewsitter for this.
As I have been saying, we are going to see a lot more of this.
Colorado Baker Faces Year in Jail for Refusing to Make Cake for Gay Wedding
According to attorney Nicolle Martin, the owners of … Continue reading
I had to work a while to get my mind around this headline.
$357K Federal Project Will Use Spanish Ads to Promote Condoms Among Gay Foreign-Born Men
Your tax dollars at work for Pres. Obama’s agenda.
This is a project of the … Continue reading
A little while ago The First Gay President went to Africa and lectured Senegal, an African nation, about being more “gay” friendly. Pres. Obama’s advice was not appreciated by the Senegalese President, who curtly invited POTUS to stuff it.
Not too … Continue reading
The Wall Street Journal has apologized to readers for being too soft on Obamacare.
Here’s a sample:
ObamaCare has become a rolling “train wreck,” in Senator Max Baucus’s memorable phrase, and it gets worse the more of it the public sees. The … Continue reading
On News.va I read that there is going to be some sort of Islamic-Catholic Liaison Committee meeting (HERE).
I also read (HERE) that practitioners of the “religion of peace” murdered a Catholic priest, Fr Fran?ois Mourad, in Syria near the Turkish … Continue reading
We have always known it would be this way, of course.
Obama’s Final Word: Catholics Must Buy/Provide Coverage for Abortion Drugs
(CNSNews.com) – The Department of Health and Human Services today released the final text of the final adjustments to the … Continue reading