You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Lisieux said Obedience is better than sacrifice (especially whe...
- boxerpaws1952 said an event like Ok is certainly a reminder to all of...
- Scott W. said Percentage of sour grapes of the makers of this su...
- MattH said There is at least one Catholic diocese in the US t...
- JonPatrick said A co-worker yesterday told me about a neighbor, in...
- JonPatrick said NoraLeeg I was somewhat taken aback that a priest...
- Phil_NL said For all we know there’s more to it than R...
- boxerpaws1952 said after reading fox news coverage it is amazing as...
- NoraLee9 said ee, I saw that video too. I am shocked and appall...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said Because a parish priest unreasonably demands to ab...
- NoraLee9 said Every so often, the comments to Father Z’s p...
- Deus Salus Nostra said While I think its appalling that Priests are still...
- CatholicCoffee said Animadversor, I will add you to my rosary intentio...
- av8er said Dang, hit “post” too soon: Poorly cate...
- av8er said My Pastor does NOT like latin nor the EF. There i...
- Athelstan said Hello Sam, Yes, rejected 1998 ICEL translation is...
- mbabc123 said Praise God for the new translation! The old transl...
- dn.philip.mathew said With all due respect to my Catholic friends, I bel...
- benedictgal said Considering that Fr. Ruff was behind this survey,...
- Sam Schmitt said For most of the critics of the new translation, th...
- Animadversor said Please pray for me as I deal with very grave inter...
- Athelstan said gjp, That’s the translation of the collect i...
- Mamma B said “I eagerly await the foundation of the Presi...
- lampada said APX said: I know there’s also an intrinsic conn...
- newyork said The survey seems deficient. First, only 32 of 178...
- Vox Laudis said For the upcoming pastoral re-assignments in our di...
- gjp said http://www.walsingham-church.org/site/Liturgical_N...
- Venerator Sti Lot said The 1973 ICEL example Fr. Z cites seems to be some...
- OrthodoxChick said mamajen, He’s such a cutie!! I love the tie...
- frjim4321 said I was at a very large con-celebrated mass today du...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Category Archives: REVIEWS
Better than any other approach a free market helps to raise large groups of people out of poverty and promotes happiness through earned rewards.
During the recent Acton University I think an overarching theme of the talks and presentations was that those who believe … Continue reading
I recently received from the UK-based Catholic Truth Society, a copy of their Manual of Minor Exorcisms – For the use of Priests.
And excellent.. excellent… gift for a priest or a transitional deacon about to be ordained (less so for … Continue reading
REVIEW: Defending the Free Market: The Moral Case for a Free Economy by Fr. Robert Sirico (Acton Institute)
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
My friend Fr. Robert Sirico of Acton Institute has produced a new book entitled Defending the Free Market: The Moral Case for a Free Economy.
Hardback HERE, Kindle HERE. (UK HERE). PS: I received a review … Continue reading
I received my copies of Lorraine Wallace’s new cookbook Mr. Sunday’s Saturday Night Chicken. I wrote about it here. I had ordered a couple copies for myself as a gift to my father, to whom I gave an autographed copy of the … Continue reading
A while back I posted about a book by Michael Coren called Why Catholics Are Right, [Kindle HERE] an apologetics tool that provide readers with answers and responses to some questions and controversies which we hear in the news and conversations (e.g., anti-Catholic … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
We are in a world-wide crisis that encompasses every sphere of our lives. There is an economic, moral, religious and intellectual decline that threatens to bring down our respective countries. We are deep within a … Continue reading
I understand that the movie October Baby may expand into more theaters this weekend.
I managed to see the movie recently and I recommend it highly. I won’t say much about it so that you may have the pleasure. … Continue reading
The artist Daniel Mitsui, in his newsletter, indicates that he has new art, including a representation of the Glorious Mysteries (a nice gift to a priest after Easter) and – this really caught my eye – the Four Last Things!
I … Continue reading
I just watched the movie Courageous, about some men who decide they will make a special commitment to be better men and good fathers.
The context is Georgia and the milieu is decidedly Baptist, though one of the main characters is … Continue reading
The nice people at Catholic Truth Society in England sent me their new People’s Edition of the Roman Missal for DAILY use. The have a Sunday Edition which I wrote about HERE.
Buy here: USA link and UK link. Remember, this volume is … Continue reading