You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- maryh said Here’s how it seems like to me: The entire c...
- Giuseppe said A prayer to St. Golden Girl might also include a n...
- Bea said spelling boo-boo last post: “The priest was...
- contrarian said Female alter servers = insanity. It’s insane...
- frahobbit said Please pray for my co-workers: Lorraine needs a ne...
- Bea said Feast of the Sacred Heart last year: Two girls and...
- NBW said I would agree with Rose in NE. Our Parish doesn...
- frahobbit said PS As well as for Fr. Z’s intentions :)
- frahobbit said The petitions here are included in my prayers.
- Torpedo1 said I’ll pray for everyone here. Please pray for...
- JuliB said On Sat. I had my last test as part of the inaugura...
- BLB Oregon said In the pictures in the link Dave N. supplied, the...
- Ceile De said (Perhaps it’s an Eye of the Tiber story?)
- Ceile De said And what to make of Piero Marini being in charge o...
- Rose in NE said Let see, my old parish (about 3,000 families) allo...
- wmeyer said Bring the feminine back into the Church. Having gi...
- Cazienza said “Deaconess” hospitals are not invariab...
- Marie said My good news: After a year of very hard work by so...
- Catholic Hokie said When I was an altar boy growing up, they had both...
- maryh said Not only do female altar servers discourage vocati...
- mamamagistra said I’m struck by how much the LGBT movement has in co...
- teomatteo said Ahh…. so that is why gold’s elemental...
- Robbie said I’m somewhat torn by the second question. A...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said For what it is worth, in the traditional Dominican...
- Liz said Please pray for my eldest who has been sick since...
- Athelstan said Black is customary and desirable for very good rea...
- BigRed said I will offer something I witnessed only a few week...
- greasemonkey said In the monastic rites albs are used. View some hi...
- APX said I can only speak from personal experiences that I...
- dmwallace said Now, what about CDW-funded scholarships for laymen...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Category Archives: REVIEWS
The other day I received and reviewed the Altar Edition of the new Roman Missal (with the new corrected translation) published by the Catholic Truth Society in England. It is a wonderful book, and on reflection I think it … Continue reading
A rapid book recommendation.
I am reading the new novel by Michael O’Brien, author the Father Elijah (which if you haven’t read, get it and read it and then read his trilogy which connects back into it) and many others. A … Continue reading
At long last I received my new altar edition of the Roman Missal by the Catholic Truth Society in England. The book was ridiculously held up in customs. I have looked virtually all the new missals. … Continue reading
His Hermeneuticalness, Fr Tim Finigan, recommended this book to me. I got it and I am glad I did. I now recommend it to you.
As a bonus to you Kindle owners, you can get the Kindle version for only $6.19! … Continue reading
Yesterday I was at Leaflet Missal Company in St. Paul, Minnesota. The Church goods section there, run by John, can provide priests with the best traditional stuff.
John of Church Goods put out all the US editions of the new, corrected … Continue reading
I am reading Mark Steyn’s brilliant After America: Get Ready for Armageddon.
USA book click here.
USA Kindle book click here. (Text-to-Speech enabled)
UK book click here. UK doesn’t have a separate Kindle version yet.
Readers in the USA, this is a good book. … Continue reading
This note from The Catholic League about the ignorant boor and failed-TV personality Keith Olbermann gives me a chance to talk about something else.
But first, the note from The Catholic League’s Bill Donohue:
OLBERMANN’S IGNORANCE IS APPALLING
On last night’s edition of … Continue reading
Clerics! Seminarians! Rejoice!
I received a new book for review from the Canons at St. John Cantius in Chicago.
This is a book they prepared.
Here is the LINK. Before I even tell you about it, it costs US$275.
Worth every penny.
This is a … Continue reading
The Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate created an app for the 1962 Breviarium Romanum. It is now available, FREE, for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
This may be a way for some of you to get more familiar with the … Continue reading
Sometime back I was asked about booklets or resources for th e Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite for those who are, perhaps, first timers.
The nice people at Angelus Press sent me an example of the Extraordinary Form Mass booklet … Continue reading