"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- dinsdale said Regarding the auxiliary not offering the TLM since...
- Dave N. said My guess is that at a bare minimum, half of all pr...
- thomas tucker said http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrado...
- Pat said Padre, while in Rome you may have less time to sur...
- Joseph-Mary said Well, as more news comes out there well be other r...
- stephentamke said Nice to see another BCP commenter on the site!
- jbpolhamus said In Rome, illness assumes other connotations, quite...
- Landless Laborer said Alan S, Suburbanbanshee, Venerator, thank you for...
- Joseph-Mary said Apparently more to the story on the bishop under t...
- Joseph-Mary said Considering that another bishop known to be embrac...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said Prayers for Cardinal Pell.
- thomas tucker said Watch your back.
- Ozark Catholic said Was/is there still a mass at the FSSP church for t...
- Royse87 said Santo subito!
- teejay329 said Having sung in various choirs all of my life, I do...
- Gus Barbarigo said Here is how the so-called “Spirit of the Syn...
- Supertradmum said Can we not praise the Pope Emeritus without referr...
- Supertradmum said Thank you, Fr Z., as usual, for the wonderful insi...
- tcreek said Sorry , My 2nd link duplicated the first. Here is...
- stephen c said I watched the interview and the interviewee (whos...
- tcreek said It’s all here – for those of the Syno...
- Elizabeth D said I enjoyed hearing from him so much, he just thinks...
- anilwang said Dafyd says: “the press doesn’t know the diff...
- Venerator Sti Lot said ‘Can dialogue substitute for mission?’ A good ques...
- Tom Piatak said A typically clear and profound observation from Be...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Landless Laborer: “Nam oportet et haereses...
- Suburbanbanshee said Landless Laborer: I will look to see if there are...
- Allan S. said Landless Laborer wrote “…concerning 1...
- JesusFreak84 said If I had to guess, the answer to Dafyd’s que...
- Unwilling said So clear! So beautiful! After what we have been de...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Rome – Day 4: No Show Edition
- Large gesture of openness toward SSPX!
- WDTPRS 30th Sunday of Ordinary Time: “In His will is our peace.”
- Benedict XVI send text of talk to University: relativistic dialogue and “lethal ideas”
- Salt and Light attacks Card. Burke: sticking to the ideal instead of ministering to people
- ASK FATHER: The priest changes many things during Mass
- ASK FATHER: Placement of choir
- Michael Voris, Card. Burke… corrections
- ROME – Day 3: Vestments, cont. Other stuff.
- 22 October: Sts. Nunilo and Alodia! Virgins and Martyrs
- ROME – Day 2: Vestments edition
- Oh the humanity!
- D. Pittsburgh: Extraordinary Form Parish
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
- Pope Francis’ final address to the Synod as it closes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami Edition
- Hell’s Bible’s editorial on the Synod
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: Saints: Stories & Symbols
The members of the Religion of Peace like to try to kill innocent people on anniversaries, it seems. Today, the Canadian Parliament was attacked. HERE I suspect they weren’t Quebec separatists.
Today is the Feast of St. John Paul II. BUT!…
Today, … Continue reading
Today is the feast of the Pope who issued the Apostolic Constitution Veterum Sapientia.
Today is the feast of the Pope who didn’t like it when people clapped in church.
Today is the feast of the Pope who issued the Roman Missal of … Continue reading
From a reader…
Father, I am a fairly new convert to the Church and while I have studied theology, which led me here, I sure do get confused at times.
It seems Catholics, hesitate at studying the scriptures but jump on any … Continue reading
Today is the feast of St. Pio of Pietrelcina. ”Padre Pio”. A prayer HERE
What do you suppose Padre Pio would have thought about the notion that the divorced and civilly remarried should be readmitted to Holy Communion without a discernible … Continue reading
Neapolitans hold their breath on the Feast of the great patron San Gennaro, St. Januarius. There is a relic of dry blood which, as the Cardinal Archbishop moves the reliquary, liqufies and visibly flows again. When it doesn’t… bad things … Continue reading
I had to smile today at the Collect for the Feast of St. Joseph of Cupertino in the 1962MR.
Deus, qui ad unigenitum Filium tuum exaltatum a terra omnia trahere disposuisti: perfice propitius; ut meritis et exemplo seraphici Confessoris tui Iosephi … Continue reading
Today I greet readers and friends who are blessed with the name “Robert”. Happy Novus Ordo Name Day. You get two Name Days, since the traditional day is 13 May.
In particular I congratulate His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, … Continue reading
The cause for beatification of Ven. Archbp. Fulton Sheen has been put on hold. Apparently, two dioceses have to settle their differences over the final disposition of the Venerable’s body.
The person or entity making the request that a cause be … Continue reading
Today is the feast of St. Moses, lawgiver and prophet in the Old Testament.
Many people do not realize that may Old Testament figures are considered by Holy Mother Church to be saints. Many of them are listed in editions of … Continue reading
I saw at Cross Map (with the help of Pewsitter) that the mouth-breathers of the Religion of Peace called Boko Haram, who seriously suffer from “Isis-envy” (I’m no shrink but that’s what it looks like) have upped their game right … Continue reading