Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- UncleBlobb said I am listening every day, Father. Thank you very m...
- wanda said Praying for your speedy recovery and the strength...
- jameeka said Thank you Father Z, and I am praying for your spe...
- Siculum said I wish I could’ve made it to that speech by...
- Siculum said @abasham: The Arlington Catholic Herald, which I r...
- Magash said How sad is it that I would be satisfied with a chu...
- Siculum said Yipes! Praying.
- Siculum said Chiming in.
- abasham said That’s why we love our bishop here in Arling...
- Athelstan said …to submit their ideas on the qualities they...
- wmeyer said frjim said: Clever. Donohue (the phony expert) quo...
- Mike said Why the calumny, frjim4321? Why the contemptuous...
- acardnal said Forty, fifty years ago one had to make a real effo...
- Magash said The John Jay study took great pains NOT to explain...
- Pax--tecum said Wow, that’s an improvement. Lovely! “S...
- Mojoron said It’s maybe time to place stipulations on the...
- A.D. said Prayers for a quick miracle of healing, Father. H...
- wmeyer said Praying for you.
- Priam1184 said This stuff is as bad as heroin, and actually proba...
- jfk03 said Pornography is a terrible scourge, infecting even...
- Filumene said Can’t wait to read it. Does the heart so mu...
- tcreek said An unexplored problem – How many existing pr...
- Mike said Bishop Loverde’s counsel is well worth readi...
- Mike said Popup in IE 11 on Windows 7 worked without a hitch...
- Mike said The faithful of the Diocese of Madison — and...
- Colette said Hope you’re feeling better today Father! Thr...
- robtbrown said frjim4321 says: I’m not really a fan of reservati...
- Mike said Immaculate Mary, health of the sick and help of Ch...
- mschu528 said His Excellency is in the chapel of the Bp O’...
- David Zampino said Praying, Father!
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Category Archives: Saints: Stories & Symbols
Here is the entry in the Roman Martyrology for today’s feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary:
Festum Nativitatis beatae Mariae Virginis, ex semine Abrahae, de tribu Iuda ortae, ex progenie regis David, e qua Filius Dei natus est, … Continue reading
In related news see my post: REVIEW: Great book of documentary evidence about the Pontificate of Ven. Pius XII
Pope Francis thinking about declaring Pius XII a saint
By Andrea Gagliarducci
Vatican City, Jul 31, 2013 / 11:05 am (CNA/EWTN News).- Pope … Continue reading
From a reader:
I know that the Church teaches that people that die in a state of mortal sin cannot go to Heaven. However, can martyrs killed in a state of mortal sin still go to Heaven?
Excellent question, and one that … Continue reading
The Canonical Defender Ed Peters has been asking for prayers and even the intercession of God with a miracle for his injured son, blogger and good Catholic activist Thomas Peters. Thom is doing better but he has a long way … Continue reading
Homosexuals often commit the most physically brutal crimes that the police see.
[UPDATE: Some people in the tweetosphere are having a spittle-flecked nutty about the sentence I wrote, above. At least I think that is why there is a spittle-flecked nutty … Continue reading
Today in the Roman calendar is the feast of St. Pius I, Pope and martyr (+155).
On such a glorious feast as this, I remind the readership of the wondrous
POPE PIUS CLOCK
Our friend (who hasn’t been around much, come to think … Continue reading
On News.va I read that there is going to be some sort of Islamic-Catholic Liaison Committee meeting (HERE).
I also read (HERE) that practitioners of the “religion of peace” murdered a Catholic priest, Fr Fran?ois Mourad, in Syria near the Turkish … Continue reading
One news source I saw this morning says that the theologians who are consultants for the Congregation for Causes of Saints have put their stamp of approval on a second miracle for Bl. John Paul II.
Without going into details (you … Continue reading