Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Bthompson: Rose (my favorite, handmade made by my mom). My core idea was that we are awaiting a savior, not a mere or generic moral/reli gious teacher.
- HvonBlumenthal: Pink, SSPX
- Semper Gumby: Thank you Fr. Z.
- Gab: I’m going to miss these AventCazts .
- Gab: First time I heard of these people was when they were going to place a hex on President Trump to prevent him from being elected. The next time I heard about them , thanks to the media fierc...
- Felipe: It always saddened me, and still does, when the priest and the deceased person never knew each other. I think this whole situation with the suicide would be entirely different if there were...
- ChiaraDiAssisi: @ APX, I think you have some very good points. It is extremely sad and strange to hear such a lack of discretion and just plain unnecesess ary display you and others experience d in...
- excalibur: Wiccans/wi tches have been casting spells against President Trump. We need Catholic priests to counter this, by offering Masses for President Trump and his family, by going to the public...
- jaykay: Link to Paul Badde̵ 7;s book on the Holy Veil of Manopello. It’s a very good read, quirky but with great details about its physical compositio n. Hopefully I’ve posted the...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): There is a pervasive attitude that persons who take their own lives are now “free” and “no longer suffering. ” I remember seeing a lot of this at the time Robin Willi...
- e.e.: I’m fairly local to this story̷ 0; On top of whatever the priest did or didn’ ;t say in his homily, there was also drama at the funeral over the young man’ s former...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: HINT TO ALL: If you decide to go over the edge and to tell people that they are possessed (in so many words) in this combox, I will probably delete your comments. Sapienti pauca.
- DMorgan: Thank you Father.
- APX: But the families of suicides need compassion , not fire and brimstone. Indeed. Yes, objectivel y speaking, committing suicide is a grave sin, but that doesn’t automatica lly mean it’s a mortal...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: If the priest who says my funeral doesn̵ 7;t mention how grevious of a sinner I was or mention purgatory or my need for prayers and Masses offered for me or the 4...
- thomas tucker: Sorry, the days of pray, pay and obey are over. Priests don’t get to do whatever they want with regard to the laity any more. [Not a terribly thought-fi lled contributi on to this...
- Sword40: My wife and I have had several long discussion s with our 7 grown children. We are elderly so we decided to plan our funerals so that there are NO arguments after we pass. All the kids,...
- Nan: @ Deacon Nicholas. You’ re insulting my Church. Here were A) a favorite priest and B) my Bishop and you don’ t think it’s advisable to go to both liturgies in one day? Both...
- Fr Martin Fox: I will not comment on how the priest, family or diocese handled this, because of the paucity of informatio n I have. So I will keep my yap shut about those matters. I have been...
- Father Flores: It may be the priest was concerned about any youth that may have attended confusing hopeful and uplifting as tacitly approving the young man’ s actions. Youth who would not...
- Man-o-words: Yeah, I have seen this one all day. I keep thinking that this story absolutely captures the sad state of Catholicis m today, or more accurately , humanism under the name of Catholi...
- tho: Perhaps the priest might have been a little heavy handed. But suicide is a contradict ion of God, who created us with eternal souls, and it is blasphemou s for us subvert his mandate. The Lord...
- Roble: I have been tempted to suicide on several occasions. At such times the thought of damning myself definitive ly was all that prevented me. At the root of contemplet ing suicide is a person&...
- roma247: First of all, I was under the impression that once upon a time, suicides were not allowed to be buried in hallowed ground or to have a funeral Mass. I guess that is one of the things that...
- Benedict Joseph: There is no awareness of the tragic reality of personal sin and its relation to mental disorder, let alone of ontologica l reality of original sin and its existentia l impact on...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- POLL: Gaudete Rose Vestments and Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: Pastor says “Gaudete Sunday, is no more”
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 15: Joyful Longing, Longing Joy
- UPDATE: Sending snail-mail 2018 Christmas cards
- Priest preaches at funeral, world falls on his head
- My View For Awhile: Limping Homeward
- Newly born religious groups, strangled in their cradles
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 14: LIBERALS!
- WDTPRS – Gaudete Sunday: “good news” of the chaff’s destiny in “unquenchable fire”
- Fast growth in Paganism, Wicca (the joke that is no joke)
- VIDEO: The new church of Gower Abbey (and the Extraordinary Ordinary)
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 13: The Dirty Bucket
- Priests and bishops who are probably going to Hell
- End of year 2018 charitable giving and YOU. A suggestion.
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 12: Patience
- Holy Face of Manoppello, Sankt Gallen, “designer babies”
- Card. Müller’s interview about Church and theology in Germany
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 11: Hark! a gladsome voice is thrilling
- TERRIFIC! School Choir accomplished, back to back, Solemn Roman and Eastern liturgy!
- NYC Day 1: Of Borscht and Buttons
- “If only women were in leadership positions…”
- Anglicans to mock baptism with transgender ceremony
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 10: If a liturgy looks silly, you can close your eyes. But if it sounds silly…
- A priest’s thought after going ‘ad orientem’
- Priests and Latin. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- My View For Awhile: ”Festina Lente” Edition
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 09: Proper Marian Devotion
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Of getting Latin wrong, corrections, and of priests and their Latin or lack thereof
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 08: Egocentrics and God’s gifts
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Category Archives: SESSIUNCULA
UPDATE: 15 Dec 2018
I returned home, and checked the PO Box, which was jammed with cards. Thank you.
Many of you included kind words about my recent injuries. Thank you. Many of you also expressed prayers for Bp. Morlino. I am … Continue reading
I made the decision to go to NYC last night.
My ribs are still sore but now much less. My shoulder is still pesky. My foot keeps me moving quite slowly. I am determined to be patient, ask for help (harder … Continue reading
Was there a good point made in the sermon you heard during your Mass to fulfill your Sunday Obligation?
Let us know.
I made three points.
One was about asking for miracles, while explaining the miracle for the cause of St. Juan Diego, … Continue reading
UPDATE 7 Dec 2018:
Many people have sent notes asking how things are going. I can give this report.
First, I was able to get up and, with some assistance, get to church last night for the Requiem for Bp. Morlino. I … Continue reading
Remember: The passing of Bp. Morlino, and his replacement, is being closely watched around the world.
Some people have asked me if a video of the funeral of the late Bishop Morlino is available.
Right now, yes. HERE
I would point out a … Continue reading
Folks, I let quite a few registrations go unattended lately. I trust you will have been patient and you will forgive my tardiness.
This morning I went through over 100 registrations and approved almost all of them.
If you registered a while … Continue reading
Thanks to readers for help with the better seat.
Originally Published on: Nov 30, 2018
If I could interrupt for a moment to request some prayers.
Without being overly dramatic, I was hit by a motorcycle today. I am wrapping up a visit to Paris. I went to Emergency and got … Continue reading
EWTN on Raymond Arroyo’s The World Over has a tribute to Bp Morlino.
From the Diocese of Madison
It is my sad duty to inform you of the death of Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison. Bishop Morlino died tonight, Saturday, November 24th, at approximately 9:15 pm at St. Mary Hospital in Madison at … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Registered here or not, will you in your charity please take a moment look at the requests and to pray for the people about whom you read?
Continued from THESE.
I get many requests by email asking … Continue reading
Folks, please do me a favor.
If you are shopping online today (lot’s of discounts), please use my Amazon search box on the right side bar.
Even if you spot something at another site, just highlight/copy what you want elsewhere and then … Continue reading
Ubiquitous and relentless self-promoter Massimo “Beans” Faggioli has eructed yet another oh-so clever tweet:
Like Orientalism, Catholic Ad Orientalism assumes a certain role of Western civilization in global Christianity
— Massimo Faggioli (@MassimoFaggioli) November 18, 2018
I haven’t paid much attention to Beans … Continue reading
UPDATE 20 Nov:
Dreher’s take. HERE
Originally Published on: Nov 18
From NBC comes a piece of sheer anti-Catholic homosexualist propaganda.
A few points as a prelude.
The homosexualists are working together with their allies in the dinosaur media to shift all the focus away from the … Continue reading
Was there a good point made in the sermon you heard during your Mass to fulfill your Sunday Obligation?
Let us know.
You were paying attention, weren’t you?