Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Kerry: Hmm… maybe even this: https://ww w.youtube. com/watch? v=a8HXEN11 wS8
- Hidden One: Abp. ViganoR 17;s latest letter is authentic. The journalist s have done their due diligence and Abp. Vigano sent it to more journalist s than he sent the first one. For example, he...
- Gab: Viganò’s public letter was excellent. It served a good purpose to remind and encourage others in similar situation as McCarrick to do the right thing. And after all the years of abuse being...
- Fr Matthew-Anthony OP: I noticed in the video a very poor attempt at sign language and getting the audience to mimic the signing. American Sign Language is my first language, and I use it in my...
- jhayes: Pius Admirabili s writes: the “Gregorian Masses” where a specific number of Masses need to be said in order to attain some divine favor. Those have been abolished and condemned by the...
- aviva meriam: I will pray for everyone here. Please, in your charity pray for my husband and for myself. My Husband lost his job two years ago, and he’s facing a job interview in a few days....
- JustaSinner: That was a CATHOLIC service and not a parody put on by the Westboro Baptist Church?
- happyCatholic: Just a quick update: there was a glimmer of hope today in my daughter 8217;s situation. Thanks to everyone who prayed. The crisis is far from over, but I am extremely grateful for...
- baileymxd: My husband is beginning the Exodus 90 challenge. Pray that it bears much fruit in his life, and that I may be just as patient as him, especially as I am 6 months pregnant with our second...
- TonyO: Wait, Card. Mahoney isn’ t in jail? Why not? Now would be a good time for Archbishop Gomez to come forward with any informatio n about Mahoney that exist in the chancery 8217;s files...
- Justalurkingfool: May I please ask for prayers for my brother Louis, who is under Hospice care and very ill with cancer. Pray, also please, that I might be faithful in my caring for him during his...
- grumpyoldCatholic: Is there still a Mass for the dead? with black vestments? or did Vatican II destroy that too? I remember serving them with the older priest. We had a special altar missal and all...
- LeeGilbert: Bear with me here . . .Years ago I was friends with an Irish priest, a missionary retired from work in Nigeria. In the course of going out to dinner with him he told me he had taken the...
- scholastica: The Bishop of Richmond, H. E. Barry Knestout, did in fact prostrate before the altar at the beginning of a Mass of Reparation in August. I wasn’ ;t there, but heard it was prolo...
- VexillaRegis: Praying for you, Fr. John! Please keep praying for my husband 217;s and his trade union̵ 7;s total victory in the battle with his boss, head of council board and a third...
- Geoffrey: I really expected Archbishop Gomez to reign in this event little by little. It seems like he has done nothing in this regard. Very sad.
- Red A Surcami: Please pray for the soul of Lt Col Ben L who passed two days ago. Also for my wife’s health and for me to have the grace to be a good care giver.
- Bellarmino Vianney: McCarrick should indeed publicly repent for the most grave evils that he has done – up to and including whatever he was involved with at the last conclave. And it is true...
- FrAnt: I went to the video above on YouTube. At this time it has 7609 views, 73 thumbs down, and 2 thumbs up. A majority of the comments are negative. And the best is that it is in the category of...
- iPadre: This event is the liberal love fest. I just don’ t get how it continues to go on.
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Sawyer: Phyllis Zagano will speak twice at the event on the topic of female deacons. All the usual suspects. Can one hope for honesty about the issues in such a context? I doubt...
- Charles Sercer: Spraffmeis ter, Those sound like some reasonable suggestion s. I have nothing against having a full calendar of saints as long as modificati ons for how each ranking is carried out...
- Sawyer: Oh, I forgot to add that Phyllis Zagano will speak twice at the event on the topic of female deacons. Readers can view workshop titles and read descriptio ns here: http://rec ongress...
- Diana: As a new TLM goer, I found this discussion to be very helpful, as I often ask myself the same thing as I watch what others do: “sho uld I be doing that?̶ 1; “why are they...
- Diana: Please pray for my husband 217;s conversion . Thank you.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ASK FATHER: Friday penance on flight across International Date Line
- Public penance and public reparation
- Card. Mahony to speak at the Three Days of Darkness
- UPDATE: “the finest rosaries I’ve ever seen” with a new site
- SOS! New Chant Collection: Prière pour temps de détresse … Prayer in time of distress, suffering, urgency… SOS Chant
- ASK FATHER: St. Gertrude’s Prayer and releasing 1000 souls from Purgatory
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- When tweets become problematic
- 4th Letter from Archbishop Viganò
- 14 January – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: Standing on altar to change sanctuary lamp.
- ASK FATHER: Feasts of new saints in the Traditional Latin Mass
- Good points in Lawler’s recent book: The Smoke of Satan…
- Two cordial warnings to readers
- ASK FATHER: Excessive pious gestures during Mass
- WDTPRS – Holy Family (1962MR): Families not of blood
- ASK FATHER: Can we use the Breviarium Romanum published by the SSPX?
- FOLLOW UP on Gluten and Celiac post
- ZMIRAK: Hawaii Sen. @maziehirono Is Right. We Must Intern the Knights of Columbus in Camps
- ASK FATHER: Gluten-free madness the work of the Father of Lies?
- Of desecration of liturgy and identity. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- NEW BOOK from William R. Forstchen. “Sauron’s Eye” is about to kill everything on Earth.
- Fun about a box of stuff, a papal tomb and ancient reading glasses (“cheaters”)
- BOOK RECEIVED
- ASK FATHER: “I’m seriously considering adopting some form of sedevacantism”
- ASK FATHER: Advice about homeschooling and High School
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Ready for the Epiphany Blessings
- The Party of Death, having a party at the 116th Congress
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Category Archives: HONORED GUESTS
UPDATE BELOW Originally Published on: Nov 30, 2018 If I could interrupt for a moment to request some prayers. Without being overly dramatic, I was hit by a motorcycle today. I am wrapping up a visit to Paris. I went to … Continue reading
From a reader… Dear Fr Z I read your Blog all the time. At the moment we have some horrendous legislation before our parliament, with voting to commence next week. The vote will be an attempt to remove all legal … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I am a recent convert to the Church from a Continuing Anglican Church. I was a 45 year Anglo-Catholic. I make what I consider to be the appropriate Signing and obeisances during the Gloria, Creed, Sanctus, … Continue reading
Recently, in the pages of First Things, Archbp. Chaput of Philadelphia published a theologian’s views of the Instrumentum Laboris for the upcoming Synod of Bishops about “young people”. A couple points leap out. First, I note in a piece at LifeSite … Continue reading
I’ve had a few questions in email about the upcoming Synod. People are worried that it is rigged. Imagine such a thing! “Surely NOT!”, you might gasp. Questions have ranged from the new constitution for the Synod’s operation to whether … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: First, great blog, thanks for all your hard work and sharing your insights and knowledge! Second, I have a question for you re: my niece and her new husband. I’ll be as brief and organized as … Continue reading
On 8 August 2018, at the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe near La Crosse, WI, I asked Card. Burke to say a prayer for the Church and for the clergy. Perhaps you, too, would say a Memorare for the … Continue reading
A friend of mine asks for: “An army of prayer for Fr. P!” I don’t know who he is or what’s up, but if my friend asked me to ask you, then it must be important. In your kindness, pray … Continue reading
The other day I posted an excerpt from an offering by Peter Kwasniewski at NLM, under my title: “Why we Say The Black and Do The Red“. In a nutshell, the traditional manner of proclaiming or chanting the readings during … Continue reading
Sometimes I receive pretty serious email. This just came in. Please pray for my Grandfather, he just signed the paperwork to be euthanized. God bless Father and thank you
I received a note from one of you readers, who was channelling his inner Zuhlio. Frequent reader, occasional poster. I’m stationed up at ___ Air Base waaaaay up in ___, and we’ve been stuck in doors due to a winter storm. While … Continue reading
Please, in your charity, offer up a prayer to St. Michael the Archangel for Fr. D, who is in the midst of monumental changes. Please, please… do this for this good priest. Saint Michael Archangel, defend us in battle, be … Continue reading
From a reader… As an avid reader of your blog please first be assured of my prayers. I recently attended an Engaged Encounter weekend in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and the priest who said Mass had the couples surround … Continue reading
Newly received from the official Parodohymnodist, Fr. Tim Ferguson: Listening to one of my least favorite Christmastime songs, this popped in my head. I call it: “A dialogue between a traditionalist and a modernist” Baby it’s Springtime now! I really can’t pray … Continue reading