You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Raylan Alleman said More boys and men would serve if females were not...
- Martial Artist said OOOO-RAH! Definitely a step in the right direction...
- wmeyer said I have seen young women who perform well as altar...
- pjsandstrom said Hello Fr.Z, You might want to look again at your...
- Matt R said All the old ladies at church, instead of asking my...
- Matt R said Whelp, Mom stole my good news on my Eagle Scout pr...
- Matt R said For a personal intention. For my family’s c...
- TheAcolyte said Cf. the “Peregrinus Gasolinus” chapter...
- Matt R said JamesM, altar boys distinguishes them from ‘...
- Anti-Relativist said My cousin, Mark, was ordained as transitional deac...
- Priam1184 said I drew breath this morning when I opened my eyes....
- Got Holy Spirit? - Catholic Pentecost - Catholic ExtraOrdinary Form Latin Mass Milk Pentecost - AlwaysCatholic.com said [...] Spirit and Pentecost? Well, remember what th...
- JamesM said Would it not be better to refer to them as “...
- Latinmass1983 said As nothing is new under the sun, and nothing seems...
- acardnal said Didn’t the Holy See start a school for Latin...
- chantgirl said Eugene, may I suggest prayer through the intercess...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Venerator Sti Lot says: And Callista is available...
- The Masked Chicken said Even graduate schools are scaling back on foreign...
- VexillaRegis said Chicken: !!!
- DumSpiroSpero said I am offering all of your prayer intentions in my...
- katerosemar said Veni Sancte Spiritus . . . Please pray for a dear...
- katerosemar said Fascinating. St. Aurea, pray for us. As for anothe...
- Scott W. said How about an online course?
- The Masked Chicken said VexillaRegis, Why, it’s almost like we were...
- The Masked Chicken said Congratulation, Mamajen! The Chicken
- VexillaRegis said mamajen: CONGRATULATIONS!
- The Masked Chicken said If you want, Father, I could burn a copy of either...
- FranzJosf said Once, about 20 years ago, I was serving Mass at th...
- JabbaPapa said Christopher : Jabba: 1)Bad RAM will frequently let...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Category Archives: HONORED GUESTS
From a reader:
I thought you may be interested to know that our priest, for certain Daily Masses in the Ordinary Form, is using Latin for the majority of the Mass. We use English for the readings, the collect, postcommunion, and … Continue reading
From a priest:
I regularly use a limited amount of Latin in the OF at weekend Masses. Most parishioners really appreciate it, but after catechesis and so on a few just won’t give up their protest.
Last Sunday I preached on Otranto … Continue reading
The pesky, trouble-making canonist Ed Peters – I am glad he is on the side of the good, the true and beautiful, by the way – over at his site vivisects a priest.
After reading this, I made popcorn and then … Continue reading
From a reader down-under:
Thank you for the work you do as I have learnt much from your blog. I have been to Confession twice recently, having put it off until the constant encouragement from you helped me to go.
Tonight I … Continue reading
From a reader in my email:
Dear Fr. Z,
My sincere thanks and gratitude to you for your ministry. After a 16 year absence I returned to the Sacrament of Holy Confession for the first time this evening. After some gentle encouragement … Continue reading
Here is a good Brick By Brick story.
A while back I posted a note to traditional Catholics. This is our time to push forward and use the provisions of Summorum Pontificum and advance the vision of Benedict XVI. I urge … Continue reading
This comes from CNA. My emphases and comments.
Vatican details how new smoke signals are produced
Vatican City, Mar 12, 2013 / 05:19 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Varying chemical compounds have replaced wet straw and pitch to produce the Vatican smoke signal that … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Continued from THESE.
I get many requests by email asking for prayers. Many requests are heart-achingly grave and urgent.
As long as my blog reaches so many readers in so many places, let’s give each other a … Continue reading
At the end of Pope Benedict’s pontificate Rome was blessed with unseasonably beautiful weather for his last appearances.
Right now the weather is Rome is horrid and forecasts are grim. I was out the other evening and actually saw Noah and … Continue reading
At the National Schismatic Reporter, editor Tom Fox had a grand-nutty.
This time, however, I offer black and red treatment by none other than Prof. Ed Peters (who has no open combox – be sure to visit him and boost his … Continue reading