Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Kerry: Henceforth , a pectoral white flour, water and salt cross, painted with watercolor s, will be his entire costume on Halloween, when the Pillsbury dough boy wants to dress up as Bergoglio.
- Kathleen10: Absolutely nobody should be surprised by this. Most of us were predicting this a year ago, or whenever the synod plot was revealed. Naturally they have the end goal in mind and whate...
- chantgirl: MrsMacD- Yes, I forgot a few things- notably the Chinese fiasco and the death penalty shenanigan s. I guess it wasn’ ;t really an exhaustive list, but more of a highlights reel.
- HighMass: My Wife and I attended a Sunday Mass, said at his parish. Praise to him as he said a beautiful Mass, choir sang Aspergus Me, Misse Orbis Factor. It was one of the better Novus Ordo Masses...
- Gabriel Syme: dbf223, I believe your post above to be sincere, and I say this with the greatest respect, but I am genuinely amazed and horrified that – even at this stage – people will...
- MrsMacD: @chantgirl Don’ t forget that he threw the Chinese Catholics under the bus.
- defenderofTruth: The Theology of the Body, at least to me, was not considered “mag isterial 8221;, but essential to explaining the WHY of the ChurchR 17;s consistent teaching on sex,...
- Semper Gumby: Habemus Papam. Noli Temere. These JPII videos never get old.
- Benedict Joseph: While mournful to observe the abandonmen t of Christian comportmen t it is a good thing that the aberrant element unmask itself in order that it ultimately be found complet...
- LeeGilbert: Wow, Reginamate r, that is a keeper: “We need a new LGBT(Q) movement in the Church: Let God Be Triumphant (Quickly). ” Have not the “que ers” ( their term for...
- arga: Photoshopp ed, obviously. How could you fall for this, Fr. Z?
- WmHesch: For “docens”, read “discens”. My bad
- TonyO: Can we start a strategy to control the topic for the NEXT Synod: the most pressing crisis in the Church today – Pope Francis, most of the Vatican functionar ies, and a majority of the...
- WmHesch: Never understood why “Theology of the Body” is the end-all, be-all among JPII votaries. If we’re going to call a series of general audiences part of JPII’s “magisteri um”- why not Franc...
- Simon_GNR: A priest of my acquaintan ce was at seminary with Bishop Philip Egan and assures me that Egan is one of the “goo d guys” ;, one of the newer, younger bishops who is more...
- Simon_GNR: Catholicis m and orthodox Christiani ty in general need to reclaim the rainbow. The rainbow was a sign of the covenant God made with Noah after the Flood. Perhaps the priest who got into...
- Reginamater: We need a new LBGT(Q) movement in the Church: Let God Be Triumphant (Quickly)
- Man-o-words: “More souls go to Hell because of sins of the flesh than for any other reason.” – Our Lady of Fatima I believe the latest data would suggest an overwhelmi ngly high concentrat ion of...
- SemperServusDei: “It must be observed, however, that if the faith were endangered , a subject ought to rebuke his prelate even publicly.” – St. Thomas Aquinas “Mor e souls go to Hell...
- Lisa Graas: God help us.
- Spinmamma: Will Elliot, thank you for the link. However, I perceive this cross as a combinatio n of the gay rainbow and the Youth ministries cross. The youth cross has 4 colors: red, yellow, blue,...
- Benedict Joseph: It’s either clueless or feigning cluelessne ss. Either way its off the rails. May the Romper Room Synod reveal itself for exactly what it is without ambiguity.
- rcg: Is he signaling the homosexual community that he is will remain faithful to them and their agenda? I think he needs them to survive and reach his goals, whatever they are. Would his darkest...
- MissBee: Father I scrolled down and said aloud, at my desk, “wha t the hell is that?̶ 1;. Hopefully I am not in a state of venial or mortal sin, now.
- un-ionized: dbf223, the sodomy rainbow has six colors, not seven, indigo is missing. God’ s rainbow has seven colors.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- The massive, glaring, screaming lacuna in #Synod2018
- Requests for GREGORIAN MASSES and priests who can say them
- WHAT IS THAT? Francis wearing rainbow colored Cross.
- 23 October: Bp. Egan of @PortsmouthRC calls for Masses of Reparation
- Eugenics in our recent past
- Some good news from Montana, a laugh, and some reactions to Paul VI canonization
- 16 October 1978: Election of John Paul II – 40 YEARS!
- Archbp. Chaput interviewed by The Pill – #sodoclericalism
- Fr. Longenecker: “ALL ARE WELCOME…TO WHAT EXACTLY?”
- #Synod2018 concerns in a couple of sharp sentences. Then Fr. Z rants.
- 15 Oct: St. Teresa, calendars and fascinating fountains! (A note to NAC seminarians and Rome denizens.)
- ASK FATHER: Celebrating Conciliar Saint Popes in the Traditional Roman Rite
- The future of the Church (hint – NOT #Synod2018)
- How the Left rolls
- #Synod2018 underway but there are no rules. Making it up as they go?
- ASK FATHER: Coalition in Support of “Ecclessia Dei” – What’s up?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Dodging Global Extinction Events
- VIDEO: Pro-abortion propaganda v. Catholics in NYC
- JUST TOO COOL: The ‘tricolours’ ensign of Le Généreux, captured by Nelson on display
- ASK FATHER: Pastor won’t allow TLM wedding in “his church”
- WDTPRS – 28th Ordinary Sunday: Fascinating Collect, seminar on grace!
- The unhinged Left now turns to satanism, witchcraft to fight Pres. Trump, Justice Kavanaugh
- SSPX Superior Fr. Pagliarani interview: “we have to have souls ready for all sorts of sacrifices”
- What to do with former-Card. McCarrick’s galero in the @WashArchdiocese Cathedral
- Something fun for Friday
- ASK FATHER: ” I feel that my Faith is just being torn apart”
- URGENT PRAYER REQUEST: Australia and removal of all abortion restrictions
- Francis accepted Card. Wuerl’s two year old resignation, wrote him a Letter
- ASK FATHER: Official Latin of Fatima Rosary Prayer
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Category Archives: Parody Songs
Recently, in the pages of First Things, Archbp. Chaput of Philadelphia published a theologian’s views of the Instrumentum Laboris for the upcoming Synod of Bishops about “young people”.
A couple points leap out.
First, I note in a piece at LifeSite that, after … Continue reading
I received a note from one of you readers, who was channelling his inner Zuhlio.
Frequent reader, occasional poster. I’m stationed up at ___ Air Base waaaaay up in ___, and we’ve been stuck in doors due to a winter storm. While listening … Continue reading
Newly received from the official Parodohymnodist, Fr. Tim Ferguson:
Listening to one of my least favorite Christmastime songs, this popped in my head. I call it: “A dialogue between a traditionalist and a modernist”
Baby it’s Springtime now!
I really can’t pray – Baby it’s … Continue reading
From a reader…
In my 14.75 years as a Catholic, I’ve heard that Advent:
1) Is a penitential season
2) Is a semi-penitentials season
3) Is no longer a penitential season but was before Vatican II
4) Never was a penitential season
Can you clarify which … Continue reading
A seminarian sent this…
I wanted to let you know that one of your readers, upon reading this post, sent me a copy of Pope Emeritus Benedict’s new book on the priesthood. I received it a few days ago – along … Continue reading
The celebration continues! I hope that you have wonderful plans for the evening.
The official Parodohymnodist, Fr. Ferguson, has come through for us again.
He penned one for the very day itself 07/07/07.
He penned one for the 5th Anniversary 07/07/12.
He penned one … Continue reading
10 years ago, the official Parodohymnodist of this blog, inspired by the issuance of Benedict XVIs Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum, penned and sent a celebratory tune.
I ruminated a bit … and came to the realization that, while “La Donna e Mobile” … Continue reading
From a couple years back… in case you are new around here.
On a lighter note for your Epiphany joy, here is an offering from the official Parodohymnodist, the great Fr. Tim Ferguson.
He provides an introduction:
I was just poking around my … Continue reading
It is my pleasure to release at long last the super ultra exclusive new hit from the always backward-looking performance artist Zuhlio!
I had note from Zuhlio, who has been pensive of late:
I’ve been pensive of late. Just ponder about the great contributions that His … Continue reading
I saw at the Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter), that RENEW seems to be slithering back!
Many of you don’t remember RENEW. It is a program that was going to save the Church!
Not so much.
Way back in the depths of time … Continue reading
We like Parody Songs around here. Faithful Catholics have a sense of humor, after all. Libs, not so much.
Over a First Things I spotted one worthy of passing along.
I AM THE VERY MODEL OF A MODERN ULTRAMONTANIST
by Clare Coffey
I am … Continue reading
Gosh! I get an honorable mention!
I am reminded of the hymn written many years ago by the official blog’s Parodohymnodist whose work we have enjoyed and Zuhlio has recorded. You will recall such hits as “O Come O Come Liturgical Blue”.
Here is just … Continue reading
I received an amusing note (and various SMS) from a friend in KC whose daughter is stuck on a bus in the snow after the March for Life. A priest on the bus said Mass. Here is a photo… grainy … Continue reading