HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- TonyO: I love it I love it I love it. Fr. Z is great! There is always door number 5 as well, but that is not much of a consolatio n prize. I heard its very hot in that location. I think this is...
- Kate: A daughter who received her habit on the Feast of the Assumption !
- Fr Martin Fox: I spoke about the Pew study and also included an exerpt of the Archbishop ’s letter about welcoming and assisting migrants, per his request. I connected them with St. Paul...
- hwriggles4: After seeing this video, here’ ;s a few questions for these disruptors , many who look like they graduated high school between 1963 and 1971: 1. If you have children, how many are...
- Sonshine135: There is always door number 5 as well, but that is not much of a consolatio n prize. I heard its very hot in that location.
- jameeka: Father C had a good homily for 20th Sunday in Ordinary Time. Started by talking about dysfunctio nal families-a nd said even Jesus extended family (cousins, etc) thought He was “nuts”....
- Semper Gumby: Great post Fr. Z. Those rebellious folks should realize that Holy Mass is not the place to relive Woodstock. A protestor wearing a Ft. Sherman Jungle Operations Training Center...
- Michael: The good news: I’ve made it just about halfway across the country (about 100 miles to go) on my Walk Across America mission for the Lord. Thanks to those who have been praying for me.
- Mike: [as an aside̷ 0;] Two men go into the Temple [church] to pray… ; How seldom we find men doing that these days. Why do we leave it to the womenfolk outside of Mass time?
- Semper Gumby: Philmont23 7: Thanks for the link. Garth Lucas: Take a closer look, you missed quite alot. Cheers.
- Garth Lucas: Dear SG Your friend has missed the subtlety of Christophe r Dawson’s analysis. Also Dawson did know that WWI had changed the world forcing him to write about the politics which came to...
- Suburbanbanshee: So I got fruit blessed on Assumption Day, and planned to give it out at work. Thursday night I had a plumbing flood. Fruit stayed dry, but forgot to bring the fruit into.work, all...
- Vince K: Today I am sending out a letter asking my bishop to consider celebratin g a Pontifical Mass in the Extraordin ary Form at our FSSP parish. Please say a prayer that he will prayerfull y...
- Matto: I attended Exposition and Benedictio n at my local parish on Friday. It was the first time I have been to Benedictio n there in a long time. The priest is new. He was a foreigner, I believe...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: thurifer, something must really impress boys about that Who doesn̵ 7;t want to swing burning hot smoking coals around? I’ve been working with the boys (and men) on how...
- Simon_GNR: Brilliant post, Fr. Z. Bravo!
- Thorfinn: Ah, the improvised thurifer, something must really impress boys about that – ours uses a monster truck on a bit of yarn – good form, too. “In front of her, the older...
- YoungLatinMassGuy: Imagine if we had people protesting desecratio n of the Holy Eucharist in such a mannerR 30;
- Mr. Graves: WRT the question of withholdin g money completely , I believe Mr. Young is absolutely correct. But, as other have pointed out repeatedly , you don’ t have to donate directly to...
- knute: I’m reminded of two things. There is first, from my chidlhood, the presentati on from a priest on his calling to the priesthood . He spoke at length about how he never “pla yed...
- loyeyoung: Regarding the tithe (10%, unless modified by the bishop), the Church has infallibly held (several times) that redirectin g or withholdin g money on account of the sins of clergy is error...
- JonPatrick: Unfortunat ely it is not easy to find a TLM in Atlantic Canada. For a short time there was a regular Sunday TLM in St. John New Brunswick, until the priest was transferre d. I recall...
- Philomena Mary: Diocesan TLM, excellent sermon about humility being the virtue that underpins all other virtues.
- APX: TonyO, This is Canada, not the USA. Prior to the new GIRM, Canadians didn’t even kneel for the Consecrati on.
- JonPatrick: glennbcnu, I don’ t know that calling the cops would be the right way to go. That would just play into their hands, so they could be dragged off in handcuffs like civil rights...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- PODCAzT 174 and PRAYERCAzT: The Latin of the Traditional Rite of Baptism of a Child
- Your Good News
- Monday Morning Brain Jumpstart: some good reading
- “My sons playing Mass ‘against pagans’.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Our attitude at the altar
- That tragic Portland parish, the mistreatment of the priest. Fr. Z’s solution: “Let’s make a deal!”
- Is cutting off the money the way to go?
- ASK FATHER: Can I wear a scapular on my bullet proof vest?
- BOOK: Grandmother and the Priests
- What is a “liturgist”? Some thoughts.
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: Live in love to have later Love Himself
- Adventures in “gay” ad blocking
- Lighter Fare For Friday
- ASK FATHER: @BishopBarron on the Pew Research and lack of belief in the Eucharist. Fr. Z rants a little and issues an invitation.
- The latest podcast on the upcoming Synod from Damian, Unbound. “@HolySmoke” is right!
- ASK FATHER: Why didn’t Benedict XVI say the #TLM? How can we get one? What does the future look like?
- @JamesMartinSJ praises preaching by a religious sister. Let’s consider what he praised!
- VIDEO: 1950 – Pius XII infallibly proclaims the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Shoot up in Philadelphia – cops injured. I’m a simple guy and I’m worried.
- ASK FATHER: Priest puts up scandalous “gay” flag for annual public “pride” week. Bishop: zero help.
- Your Good News
- A Black Mass in the Vatican at the time of Vatican II?
- BACK TO SCHOOL TIME?
- 14 Aug -St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, #HamRadio operator, intercede for dissident ‘c’atholic media! #CQ
- It’s no surprise at all that Catholics don’t know or believe about the Eucharist. After all, worship is doctrine and we are our rites!
- A quick look at some ‘c’atholic media
- BOOK : A guide for forming Catholic gentlemen and future priests – and a mini rant.
- ASK FATHER: Am I obliged to tell an old priest about his liturgical ad libs?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – What Catholics DO BELIEVE about the Eucharist!
- WDTPRS – 19th Ordinary Sunday: Father God, not Stranger God
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Category Archives: Parody Songs
The other day, I posted about the upcoming Pan-Amazonian Synod at which the members will among other things discuss married priests as a solution to the shortage in that mission territory. I wrote that “I try try try to give … Continue reading
Recently, in the pages of First Things, Archbp. Chaput of Philadelphia published a theologian’s views of the Instrumentum Laboris for the upcoming Synod of Bishops about “young people”. A couple points leap out. First, I note in a piece at LifeSite … Continue reading
I received a note from one of you readers, who was channelling his inner Zuhlio. Frequent reader, occasional poster. I’m stationed up at ___ Air Base waaaaay up in ___, and we’ve been stuck in doors due to a winter storm. While … Continue reading
Newly received from the official Parodohymnodist, Fr. Tim Ferguson: Listening to one of my least favorite Christmastime songs, this popped in my head. I call it: “A dialogue between a traditionalist and a modernist” Baby it’s Springtime now! I really can’t pray … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: In my 14.75 years as a Catholic, I’ve heard that Advent: 1) Is a penitential season 2) Is a semi-penitentials season 3) Is no longer a penitential season but was before Vatican II 4) Never was … Continue reading
A seminarian sent this… Hello Father, I wanted to let you know that one of your readers, upon reading this post, sent me a copy of Pope Emeritus Benedict’s new book on the priesthood. I received it a few days ago … Continue reading
The celebration continues! I hope that you have wonderful plans for the evening. The official Parodohymnodist, Fr. Ferguson, has come through for us again. He penned one for the very day itself 07/07/07. He penned one for the 5th Anniversary … Continue reading
10 years ago, the official Parodohymnodist of this blog, inspired by the issuance of Benedict XVIs Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum, penned and sent a celebratory tune. COMPOSER’S NOTE I ruminated a bit … and came to the realization that, while “La Donna … Continue reading
From a couple years back… in case you are new around here. On a lighter note for your Epiphany joy, here is an offering from the official Parodohymnodist, the great Fr. Tim Ferguson. He provides an introduction: I was just … Continue reading
It is my pleasure to release at long last the super ultra exclusive new hit from the always backward-looking performance artist Zuhlio! I had note from Zuhlio, who has been pensive of late: I’ve been pensive of late. Just ponder about the great contributions … Continue reading
I saw at the Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter), that RENEW seems to be slithering back! Many of you don’t remember RENEW. It is a program that was going to save the Church! Not so much. Way back in the … Continue reading
We like Parody Songs around here. Faithful Catholics have a sense of humor, after all. Libs, not so much. Over a First Things I spotted one worthy of passing along. I AM THE VERY MODEL OF A MODERN ULTRAMONTANIST by … Continue reading
Gosh! I get an honorable mention! I am reminded of the hymn written many years ago by the official blog’s Parodohymnodist whose work we have enjoyed and Zuhlio has recorded. You will recall such hits as “O Come O Come Liturgical Blue”. Here … Continue reading
I received an amusing note (and various SMS) from a friend in KC whose daughter is stuck on a bus in the snow after the March for Life. A priest on the bus said Mass. Here is a photo… grainy … Continue reading