Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Kevin: I’m bringing all prayer petitions here to the procession of our Blessed Lady in Limerick. They will be included in the recitation of the Holy Rosary this evening. God bless the ICRSP.
- MrsMacD: For CD who hasn’ ;t practiced her faith in years and has terminal cancer. For SM who seems to be more and more relativist and modernist and doesn̵ 7;t seem to really believe her...
- lgreen515: Jesus Freak̵ 1;I am a career consultant . I will do what I can to help if you will message me at lgreen515@ gmail.com. No charge. Lynn
- supercooper: I’ve been thinking about practical steps which can be taken to reform the Church. I think we should reinstate minor orders for married men, and possibly abolish children serving...
- JesusFreak84: Still can’ t get a job, and very rarely am I even making it past “pho ne screens, 8221; not even getting to actual interviews . It’s been 2 years since I lost my...
- Semper Gumby: Anita Moore OP (lay): Thanks for the additional details. There is a dual biography, which I have yet to get to, titled “Kol be and the Kommandant : Two Worlds in Collisi...
- knute: https://ww w.apostoli csistersof saintjohn. com/ My wife was previously a member of the contemplat ive sisters, who share a plot of land near the apostolic sisters. During a visit last year...
- robtbrown: Attachment to Scripture and Tradition is disordered . Attachment to homosexual inclinatio ns is not disordered . Fair is foul, and foul is fair. Hover through the fog and filthy air . ....
- tominrichmond: I’m not sure it’s hard to figure out which latest papal effusion can safely be ignored. The pope’ ;s job is pretty limited: pass on what has been received. If...
- SemperServusDei: Praying the traditiona l Brevarium Romanum, weekly Eucharisti c adoration, and the daily meditation s in “Divine Intimacy” are my main anchors in the storm. And of course knowing...
- R. Gregory: Missionari es of the Word are GREAT!! http://www .missionar iesofthewo rd.com
- Fr Martin Fox: It amazes me that Father Rosica actually wrote that, and then left it in the article. He can complain all he likes about people being mean to him, with repeated rebukes about ̶...
- RosaryRose: Amen Father Z!. Being Catholic is a way of life, not just a service to attend on Sunday. (Happy Feast of the Assumption to all, btw!!). Do not fear! God knows what is happening to us....
- Gabriel Syme: I echo what Kate says above and would recommend The Sister Adorers of the Royal Heart of Jesus, who are part of the Institute of Christ the King. http://www .institute -christ...
- LatinMan: Agree with the Gold Star Poster above. At first, this kind of a thing could distress me, but now I just shrug it off. Not because it isn’t bad, but because it seems par for the course for...
- Argument Clinician: The Apostles of the Sacred Heart of Jesus are a great active order. They run a high school for girls in Saint Louis that has consistent ly been one of solid Catholic formati...
- Bthompson: https://ww w.sisterso fmarymc.or g Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Church, (of the Diocese of Spokane, Wa). Amazing and holy women. They share a common origin with the Marian Sisters of...
- MrsMacD: Dear LeeGilbert , If it’s any consolatio n at all, we haven̵ 7;t owned a television for the 16 years we’v e been married. There are few good things to be gleaned from...
- LeeGilbert: Fr. Z , you growl, “Grrr… then MAKE A HOME LIFE.” Well, we did that 35 yrs ago, principall y by throwing out the TV. Practicall y as a direct result, we had a home life. What were we...
- Fr. Kelly: Dear Reader, My heart goes out to you in your search to follow Christ as his bride. It can be truly difficult to find the order that He may be calling you to. Fortunatel y, it sounds...
- Lurker 59: ~LeeGilber t Yes, it is hard because we know the price that might be paid by piping up and saying “Why don’ t we say our rosary now… ” The “no& #8221; that...
- Kathleen10: He found a way to use the word “dis ordered 221; against us. Those words “dis ordered inclinatio ns” pertaining to themselves , is so annoying to these men, and as...
- surritter: Imrahil — Of course I agree with you that sexuality is not a man-made construct. The end of my post was meant to clarify the sarcasm. But specifical ly, the person who put quotes...
- BetsyRheaume: Sisters of our Mother of Divine Grace. https://ww w.sistersm dg.org/ The sisters were part of an order in Washington State that wasn’ ;t in communion with Rome and they left and...
- jeb0001: @JonPatric k, the K2 kit is amazing but rather involved. I have one as my main rig and it works great. Make sure you have a good iron, good solder, and wick with flux on hand if you decide...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- AN OPEN APPEAL TO THE CARDINALS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
- ASK FATHER: Your questions weigh heavily
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: “I now have doubt about sorting the doctrinal from the papal opinion.” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: Faithful, active women religious. Where to go?
- Insightful observation about Pope Francis – UPDATES!
- St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, ham radio operator, intercede for dissident ‘c’atholic media!
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Beans in a bottle, and Beans in a bubble.
- A Tale of Two Churches
- Your Good News – Mass for Benefactors
- Non-Catholics and Catholics alike wonder about changes to CCC 2276 on death penalty
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – UPDATE: Photos of seminarians Solemn Mass
- PODCAzT 165: Liturgical battles lost and won… and lost; don Camillo (Part X)
- Super creepy poster for “gay” conference reveals agenda
- Controversy over the Holy Father’s substitution of CCC 2267 continues.
- Omnium Gatherum: Francis falling, beans in flasks, Fishwrap’s Defarge, sexual abuse by nuns
- ASK FATHER: Invalidly married niece coming to visit with husband. What to do?
- ASK FATHER: Our Lady, Queen of the Clergy – “Young priests would like to know more…”
- “Association of the Lord’s Body with the needs of our bodies, and of his Blood with the needs of our souls…”
- “Twelve priests celebrated the traditional Mass for the first time during…”
- Archd. BOSTON – @bostoncatholic – Seminary and Cathedral
- WDTPRS – 19th Ordinary Sunday: trusting audacity and harrowing consolation
- US Navy and China faceoffs – disturbing
- The Goat Rodeo Continues: correction of French text of CCC 2267
- Vigil and the Tears of St Lawrence
- VIDEO Interview: Bp. Gainer of @HBGDiocese about Traditional Roman Rite and vocations
- PODCAzT 164: Open Letter From A Young Priest To Bishops
- Tradition is about to be totally cleared ‘cleared through customs’
- UPDATE: How I feel right now.
- Special message, prayer from Card. Burke for @fatherz readers and others
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Category Archives: Reader Feedback
The other day I posted an excerpt from an offering by Peter Kwasniewski at NLM, under my title: “Why we Say The Black and Do The Red“. In a nutshell, the traditional manner of proclaiming or chanting the readings during … Continue reading
I appreciate the feedback I get from readers through my CONTACT form (always on the top menu). It makes my day and keeps me motivated.
I was just a teenager when I started reading your words of wisdom on the Catholic … Continue reading
Occasionally I get feedback that really helps. Today I received this:
This, friends, gets to me.
The token she mentions is something from my wish list, a recording of The Passion of Saint Thomas More by composer Garrett Fisher. US HERE – … Continue reading
From a priest reader comes some feedback for you readers…
I am the recently ordained priest who offered the ordinary form in Latin for a community within in parish that is accustomed to the extraordinary rite.
Thank you so much for your … Continue reading
From a reader:
Knowing well that a positive note can be a good thing for the soul, I just wanted to write a message to thank you for continually helping me (and I presume many others) to “man up” and be … Continue reading
I had a question in my VoiceMail from a reader.
I believe what the questioner is asking about is the Collection of Masses of the Blessed Virgin Mary which, I believe, comes in two volumes, a missal for the altar and a lectionary … Continue reading
‘Tis the season for processions. We Catholics love to process with the Blessed Sacrament and in honor of the Most Sacred Heart of the Lord and also to venerate Our Lady and many patronal saints. Some time ago I posted … Continue reading
This is very cool feedback.
From a reader…
I would like to thank you for your post “Digging into Vox Clara” [One of my old PODCAzTs – 077 08-12-16 – An Advent hymn dissected “Vox clara”, with digressions]
from December 2006. Recently I … Continue reading
I appreciate notes and feedback, especially like this.
From a reader…
I *finally* took the advice that you keep hammering into the readers of your blog and went to confession last evening, a year since my last confession. I’m glad I did, … Continue reading
Some reader feedback.
First, I received a great note from a seminarian who benefit from the generosity of one of you readers out there.
For more on the BIRETTA PROJECT go HERE
Next, a snail mail card from a fellow in Fresno, CA … Continue reading
I think my Guardian Angel prompted some good feedback over the last few hours. I really needed it.
First, from a reader:
Based on your recommendation, my wife and I watched The Nightingale last night – US HERE – UK HERE (French version). … Continue reading
I get lots of email. Some of it is friendly. Some of it is not.
Here is some friendly feedback:
Based in large part on what I have read on this blog, I recently began going to the Latin Mass at St. Stanislaus … Continue reading
I get interesting voice mail. Remember, I don’t call back, but I listen to it.
To the lady in S. Texas: By all means write to Card. Müller! If they determine that it is a matter for the Congregation for Divine … Continue reading
From a reader…
I went to confession! It had been 10 years. Your encouragement helped me get up the nerve to go. The hardest part was actually going to the church. I wrote down every single thing I wanted to say … Continue reading