You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- maryh said Does this work? http://old.usccb.org/romanmissal/s...
- robtbrown said Phil_NL says: Robtbrown His right to receive on...
- Austin Catholics said URL?
- Priam1184 said Entirely correct. If the tabernacle were placed b...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said Thomas S says: What other acts committed in a chur...
- frjim4321 said Mary, I need to find a text to copy and paste. I w...
- Gail F said Sheesh. I am glad I’m not a priest after rea...
- The Masked Chicken said “The whistleblowers say they aim to provide...
- jhayes said Venner was a crypto-fascist and a neo-pagan. R...
- Will D. said Some years ago, the police shot and killed a man a...
- The Masked Chicken said “Indeed. Lay people do not have rights when...
- maryh said @frjim4321 I’m curious myself. Could you giv...
- Geoffrey said I think I recall seeing some sort of ritual for su...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said The main entry, friends, is not really about the b...
- frjim4321 said I meant EP1 was “curious” in that I do...
- Supertradmum said When seminaries allow both kneeling of altar serve...
- Basher said Poor Notre Dame – from Wikipedia: The of...
- maryh said @Dave N For example sex abuse in the public school...
- Matt R said This happened in my parish. I decided one day in A...
- maryh said Addition: the 2011 incident was not reported as a...
- maryh said @xgenerationcatholic I followed the links you gave...
- JuliaSaysPax said I had no idea that something needed to be done aft...
- Desertfalcon said I don’t know why he did it, but no reason ca...
- Lynne said The problem in Archbisop Meyer’s diocese lea...
- Giuseppe said Catholic middle school memory (nerd edition): I b...
- Conchur said Venner was a crypto-fascist and a neo-pagan. He ch...
- Thomas S said Thank you, Charles. It seems to leave a lot of ro...
- wmeyer said As usual, Dr. Peters’ clarification is excel...
- Pope Francis Warns of Dangers of Unbridled Capitalism - BigPulpit.com said [...] LC, Rm Ct Sp Dr Saving the World One Baby at...
- maryh said Hmmm. I can see why the Vatican rejected the 1998...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Category Archives: My View
From a reader:
im getting married on friday may 31st the day after Corpus Christi.
can i eat meat at the reception or do i need a dispensation?
All Fridays, except for liturgical Solemnities, are days of penance even if one is doing … Continue reading
Not quite like my view of a couple years ago…
At that time our frequent contributor “Andrew” wrote:
Quemadmodum vero tulipae, quae sub vesperam ingruentem se claudunt, sole illustri panduntur; ita virtus et eruditio, post Dei benedictionem, floret laetius.
Technorati Tags: tulips
I received a note from folks who are putting out the “Magnificat” style magazine but for the Traditional Roman Rite, Laudamus Te. They have put their project on hold for a bit as they work through translations and so forth. … Continue reading
From a reader:
I heard recently that there is a rule that after receiving Holy Communion, a person should not eat for fifteen minutes (I think because that’s how long the Body of Christ is in us after Communion).
Most of the … Continue reading
With regret, leaving Boston.
It was a great trip. Thanks to everyone, especially my kind host at Harvard.
Technorati Tags: Boston, Harvard
I spent some time today with students at Boston College (which for a fan of Golden Gopher hockey took some doing).
Among the many interesting things I saw and heard about was a statue of St. Ignatius of Loyola, variously described … Continue reading
Yesterday I was able to spend the whole day with students from Harvard, Boston College, Oxford and Princeton, in the Boston Museum of Fine Arts and then at Fenway Park for a ball game.
What a great day. Wonderful company. … Continue reading
Not from the day’s revelries.
I promised to post an image from the Museum of St. Margaret beating the Devil with a hammer. A bit fuzzy…but hey!
Technorati Tags: devil, hammer, St. Catherine