- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Peggy R said I, like RobtBrown, disagree that the pope and the...
- Joboww said Just an FYI Father, The Judge often refers to hims...
- robtbrown said Michelle F says: Everything Pope Francis has said...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said There are some good and useful comments here, apar...
- mamajen said Amen, Geoffrey. Pope Francis has said nothing new,...
- AngelGuarded said I’m chiming in, again. I listen to all the p...
- Peggy R said Gemma, You are quite right to raise the points you...
- AngelGuarded said I’m chiming in. I listen to all the podcasts...
- mr205 said We know the objective of the liberal press is to t...
- Robbie said Is the phrase “trick down economics” i...
- Phil_NL said Michelle F, Infallability is something to be appli...
- Dan said How far do we think this game of “it’s...
- JKnott said I’m glad for this post and others that Fathe...
- JonPatrick said As usual with these economic arguments we seem to...
- Venerator Sti Lot said What a wonderful St. Nicholas’ Day present!...
- Michelle F said Geoffrey: Amen! Everything Pope Francis has said t...
- Facta Non Verba said Bravo!! Well stated, Judge.
- Gemma said I am sticking my neck out here. I don’t thin...
- Caesar said For those who didn’t get it, my comment was...
- jack gibes said The comments say more then the JUDGE. The judge be...
- Sonshine135 said Modernism personified. When are we going to tear d...
- More on Evangelii Gaudium, The Joy of the Gospel - BigPulpit.com said [...] Sown” Economics – Fr. Z 15 Amazing Quo...
- 50 Years Since Sacrosanctum Concilium - BigPupit.com said [...] Zs Blg “Vatican II’s Vision Has Surviv...
- wmeyer said When I read Pope Francis’ comments on econom...
- St. Nicholas, Bringing Presents, Punching Heretics - BigPulpit.com said [...] – Fr. R. Barron Resistance to Porn fro...
- Sonshine135 said I love St. Nicholas. He is so much more than a jol...
- MAJ Tony said @acricketchirps: I doubt you’ve heard Holy R...
- Priam1184 said How can one be both a libertarian and a ‘tra...
- Bosco said @robtbrown, “It is usually well known in a p...
- Geoffrey said I’m tired of all these political “comm...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Category Archives: SSPX
From not-so-Catholic-friendly AP via not-so-Catholic-friendly (unless liberal) HuffPo comes this bizarre train wreck:
Saint Pius X Catholic Group Protests Kristallnacht Interfaith Memorial In Argentina, Challenging Pope Francis
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) — Ultra-traditionalist Catholics [read: SSPX… but it is far more fun and damaging … Continue reading
Vatican Insider has an interview with Card. Pell, who is one of the Gang of 8.
In this interview the cardinal comments on the recent meeting of the Council of Cardinals with Francis, the reform of the Roman Curia, and Lefebvrist … Continue reading
From a reader:
Howdy Fr. Z [Fine, thanks!]
I had a question about fulfilling my Sunday Obligation at an SSPX chapel. First let me say, I am 100% with the bishops and the pope. I prefer the Latin Mass. I am about 50-60 minutes … Continue reading
I saw at Rorate a great post about the beautiful page of the FSSP’s seminary in Wigratzbad. It is in French, but you will
Great new blog: Wigratzbad seminary
The European seminary of the Priestly Fraternity of Saint Peter (FSSP), the Seminary … Continue reading
The SSPX has a house near Rome at Albano.
I can’t confirm this story, but it’s out there.
I am working from my phone today. Surely some of you can dig into this.
It is a work of mercy to pray for … Continue reading
I read at Rorate about a strong speech given by SSPX Bp. Bernard Fellay which is effectively a denunciation of Pope Francis and Pope Benedict and – yawn – you know the rest.
Here is a sample:
“The situation of the Church … Continue reading
From a reader:
Fr Z, can you help me out with the why here and right terms.. I’m missing a piece of the puzzle?
A priest was asking me a question, regarding another person who is coming from the SSPX back to … Continue reading
I am scratching my head this morning.
Pope Francis has moved the former Secretary of the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei“, who was eventually consecrated bishop and became the Papal Almoner, back to the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei“… as Secretary… again.
From the … Continue reading
Brick by brick!
The group called the Transalpine Redemptorists, founded in 1987 and once associated with the Society of St. Pius X (SSPX), were reconciled with the Church some time ago. They had a big step forward recently with their first priestly … Continue reading