Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Charles E Flynn: From Why Celibacy Matters, by Ross Douthat How the critique of Catholicis m changes and yet remains the same. https://ww w.nytimes. com/2019/0 2/23/opini on/sunday/ why-cel...
- OssaSola: I keep worrying about the Art. Shouldn 217;t someone start moving all those fabulous works of art out of Rome before God lets the fire rain down?
- Spinmamma: I have watched a little of the proceeding s on EWTN. There was heart wrenching testimony from an abuse victim (the one who later played the violin so beautifull y). As the camera panned...
- LMTK: Isn’ t “soc ial justice 221; an invention of socialism to corrupt the Church? Why can’ t we eliminate those groups and unite them into pro-life groups, where real issues...
- LMTK: If that communist woman claims she helped 1100 Communist seminarian s corrupt the Church from within, why can’ t we have their names and get them OUT?
- Semper Gumby: God bless this chaplain, and thank you for your service in Iraq. Speaking of “hub ris,” ; a decade or so ago Michael Isikoff of MSNBC and David Corn of The Nation magaz...
- rcg: It might be that Martel is merely being consistent with modern homosexual social theory: that everyone has ‘gay’ desires and only the bravest act on them. So the conscious congregati on of...
- Semper Gumby: “Rig hts ALWAYS carry duties, though. There is no such thing as a right without a duty.̶ 1; Amen. “Add itionally, service is a privilege; it is never a right.R 21;...
- johnnys: What a gullibull! What a nimcowpoop !
- hilltop: So many folks’ appreciati on for classical music comes from Bugs. When listening to a famous piece on the radio, my wife will storm into the room and tell me what Bugs, or Elmer were doing...
- HyacinthClare: Whenever my husband and I get lost in the car (we are in our mid-70s), we look at each other and say, “I shouldda turned left at Albuquerqu e.” And just LAUGH!!
- JustaSinner: Of course you know, this means war…
- Imrahil: Yes, as one priest respondent to the NYT article alluded, any of us are free to leave – that is a right that you have. The priest respondent was wrong. A priest is never able to leave...
- OrdinaryCatholic: “I’l l add that I have been to the bullfights in Madrid and look forward to going again. So there.R 21; GASP!!! …lay s down in a fetal position in his safe space&...
- Kathleen10: That is just so loaded with Americanis ms, holy cow. Oh, there̵ 7;s another one. There are zillions of great Bugs, two of the best in my opinion are the ones where Bugs is a caller...
- Ben Kenobi: Reward?! Ugh. This is no different than Bishop Cupich speaking on marriage. Please, Father. It grieves those of us in the pews who specifical ly made the decision to turn AWAY from...
- Diane: Darn, couldnR 17;t see it. Looks like it was removed.
- Diane: Praying Father, that all the tinkering goes well! This is a great place!
- hilltop: My heavens??? Thank you, Father! What a time. Triumph of Good over Evil. David decapitate d Goliath and held the head aloft for the World to see. Briefly, the errors of Russia ceased to be...
- surritter: Sorry GHP, but my vote has to go to veritas vincit! Can’ t help but laugh out loud whenever Bugs gives his “Alb uquerque 8221; line. I want to think that Fr. Z agrees :)
- Justalurkingfool: I will leave the punishment of someone with Dementia to God. Karl
- veritas vincit: “I knew I shoulda made that left toin at Albe-coy-k ee.” Thanks Fr Z, for reminding me of one of my favorite cartoons from my favorite wascally wabbit!
- Spinmamma: I will most definitely remember this work in my prayers.
- Spinmamma: Lo-o-o-ve me some Bugs Bunny. I have never moved passed my delight in those cartoon. So many good ones to choose from. “Wel come to my shop, Let me cut your mop, d-a-i-n-ti -ly,...
- GHP: One of my favorite lines is contained herein. Hmmmmmmm 8230; could it be either: “Of course, you know, this means war!” ; or “Wha t a maroon. 221; ??? –Guy [I had...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- @RobertSRoyal on the Vatican Sexual Abuse Summit #PBC2019
- Something light for Friday
- The appallingly stupid “gay” book about the Vatican by the “gay” French writer
- Blog maintenance underway now and for some time to come
- Archbishop Viganò to participants in the Rome “summit” #PBC2019
- Military chaplain reacts to whiny “gay” priests
- 22 February 1980: Miracle on Ice
- My View For Awhile: Rapid Western Strike – RETURN TRIP
- Bob Hope makes insightful observation
- These, ladies and gentlemen, are men.
- Mighty St. Thérèse, victim of “fake news” and the cruelty of libs
- New book from Card. Sarah
- Open Letter From Cardinals Burke and Brandmüller to Conferences of Bishops: “The plague of the homosexual agenda has been spread within the Church”
- Fr. Finigan @FatherTF and the importance of memorization
- During the Rome “summit” we celebrate the Feast of St Peter Damian, Doctor of the Church
- Rome abuse “summit”, an SSPX video, and an @fatherz Jeremiad
- The Rome “summit”, “gay” priests, and #sodoclericalism – Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fr. Rutler’s Weekly Column
- BOOK RECEIVED: 1962 Parish Ritual – HUZZAH!
- Archbp. Viganò offers thoughts on The Present Crisis before the Rome “Summit”
- Suffering and attacks on the Church’s “Eldest Daughter”
- Mister McCarrick
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Shiny little fish!
- Interesting observation by @CCPecknold about laicization of McCarrick
- WDTPRS – Septuagesima Sunday: PRE-LENT BEGINS!
- Of Flaring Suns and Starry Nights
- A quick book plug: A Catholic Introduction to the Bible: The Old Testament
- Opportunity: R.I.P.
- POLL: Prayers after Mass
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Category Archives: Ecclesiae unitatem
Interesting news. American Archbishop Augustine DiNoia, O.P., is moving from the Congregation for Divine Worship to be the Vice President of the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei“. I am not sure where the present Secretary Msgr. Pozzo is going… or if … Continue reading
Msgr. Bux to SSPX: “Come take part in this blessed future in which we can already foresee dawn, despite the persistent darkness. “
Monsignor Nicola Bux, a consultor to the CDF and to the Office of Pontifical Ceremonies, etc., (originator of what I call the Bux Protocol – which every priest and bishop should remember that people may invoke!) has written a letter to … Continue reading
The nice people at the Fraternity of St. Peter’s offices sent me a copy of their Ordo. I looked at the Angelus Press Ordo recently and posted about it. My initial observations about the FSSP Ordo are a) the FSSP … Continue reading
Universae Ecclesiae 8 says that those who request Mass and the sacraments in the Extraordinary Form “must not in any way support or belong to groups which show themselves to be against the validity or legitimacy of the Holy Mass … Continue reading
On kreutz.net you will find a story, in German, about a video from the former superior of the SSPX Fr. Schmidberger thanking the Holy Father for the lifting of the excommunications of the four SSPX bishop. Fr. Schmidberger is now … Continue reading
The wonderful and persistent Anna Arco of The Catholic Herald has on her blog an interesting piece about SSPX Bishop Williamson. Dinoscopus sleeps, eats and blogs: Williamson Redux After months of sensible silence in the genteel exile of Wimbledon, Bishop Richard … Continue reading
In an earlier report, we were given to believe that perhaps there would not be another meeting of the and CDF SSPX delegations for a while. However, Petrus has a bit of news in Italian. The upshot is that i.Media … Continue reading
The always interesting Rorate as well as the experts of liturgical eye-candy NLM, not to mention the Italian site messainlatino.it all get my biretta tip for this. I share it here to make it known to a wider group of … Continue reading
From CNA: Vatican begins dialogue with Society of St. Pius X Vatican City, Oct 26, 2009 / 02:23 pm (CNA).- A meeting today between representatives of the Society of St. Pius X (SSPX) and officials from the Vatican identified the … Continue reading
From the site of the Holy See Press Office, the papal spokesman Fr. Federico Lombardi, SJ has announced that the talks between the Holy See and the SSPX will begin on 26 October. They will take place at the Palazzo … Continue reading
It is not often that you have seen me write something like this, but in the new number of The Tablet, Robert Mickens has written a pretty fair blurb about the restructuring of the Pont. Comm. Ecclesia Dei. Here is … Continue reading
My friend the nearly ubiquitous John L. Allen, normally fair-minded former Rome correspondent for the dissenting National Catholic Reporter has an article on the restructuring of the Pontifical Commission "Ecclesia Dei". Let’s have a look with my emphases and comments. … Continue reading