Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Sawyer: Father, I pray and I try to persevere, but it is hard to avoid discourage ment. Without writing a lengthy post, I and others I know struggle with deteriorat ing conditions in the world and...
- Kevin: This comment is a copy/paste of a comment I made earlier this week. ‘I am currently reading “The Sayings of the Desert Fathers: The Alphabetic al Collection ”. This is a quote from St....
- Joy65: Our Father Hail Mary Glory Be for Father Morris and for our world. He did the exact right thing no matter what the world thinks.
- Sandy: It’s beautiful, syrup and all. I know all about the gift of tears! When I feel God’ s overwhelmi ng love it makes me cry, or feel His presence. That’ ;s one reason I abhor...
- Kathleen10: Today churchmen are taking the white post, painting it neon rainbow colors, and calling us Pharisees when we refuse to call the post white. Profession al gaslighter s, all of them. We...
- Bunky: What about foreign priests living and working in the USA? I think that for them, having the opportunit y to visit friends and family in the old country is important to their mental health....
- LarryW2LJ: I am coming to believe that the “tur n aroundR 21; for this sorry state of affairs that we are currently in will depend solely on the widespread revival of TLM, and a turn back...
- APX: I thought at first the women was another vocation, but then I noticed she’s wearing a rather flashy engagement and wedding ring set. That might have just been an oversight by those who made...
- ServusChristi: You know Father, I listen to very many Protestant s, and I heard one day the claim that ‘you put the days of Pope Pius IX and the syllabus of errors next to Pope Francis I and...
- originalsolitude: Further to my comment above, there̵ 7;s no need to log in to access Therese Ivers̵ 7; commentary on ESI.
- originalsolitude: Therese Ivers, canon lawyer and consecrate d virgin, has posted the first two parts of her commentary on ESI. I’m not sure whether you may have to sign up to read it....
- iamlucky13: The lighting in the video reminds me of something I’m pretty sure Fr. Z said previously about how church lighting shouldn 217;t necessaril y be about exhibiting the marvel...
- Gaetano: Chesterton addressed this point in Orthodoxy: If you leave a thing alone you leave it to a torrent of change. If you leave a white post alone it will soon be a black post. If you particu...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: VP says: how the Church can claim indefectib ility given the overall quality of today’s clergy (there are of course individual exceptions ) And that is enough. The problem of...
- jameeka: “Tra dition holds us in a tension.” Good! At least It holds us.
- MrsMacD: Mark 13:11, “And when they shall lead you and deliver you up, be not thoughtful beforehand what you shall speak; but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye. For it...
- FN: When I first converted, 15 years ago now, I would start to cry every time I received Communion from the priest. His eyes were so holy it seemed to throw a switch in my heart. I was actua...
- VP: Not trustworth y. I am finding it more and more difficult to explain to my son, who is a possible vocation, how the Church can claim indefectib ility given the overall quality of today̵ 7;s...
- Peter Stuart: Sorry, no. There are good establishm ent priests for sure, but they work in an organizati on that’ ;s been playing games with the Church all my life and gives rewards for it, and...
- Kathleen10: I think most laity who go to the TLM see the Holy Mass just this way. I think many priests and Bishops and Cardinals and the pope would be surprised to know most laity who go to the TLM...
- JesusFreak84: A lot of my prayer books from the Christian East also include many petitions for the grace to weep over one’ s sins and faults. I’ve heard a legend that the frayed end of...
- Kathleen10: No. Not trustworth y. There isn’ t an organizati on of any kind that can give up it’s foundation and remain what it was. How would that even be possible. By definition you...
- teachermom24: The video captured what I felt in many churches in Rome. Not too sentimenta l for me, not at all. In 2012, my children and I assisted at our first TLM (St. Francis de Sales, St....
- KateD: Regarding the priest changing into Jesus̷ 0;.the good one’ s sure do get crucified like Him in today̵ 7;s Church. To me they often look like they have been beaten to a spirit...
- djc: Fr Z, have you thought about making a Vendée lapel pin available for sale on your site?
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Who is behind that “Lovely, drippy, syrupy TLM and vocation video” and how are they being treated?
- ACTION ITEM! Pray for Fr. Morris, victim of the homosexualist agenda
- Are we still trustworthy?
- Lovely, drippy, syrupy TLM and vocation video. Then Fr. Z rants about crying.
- The image of the badge of the Vendée came to mind today
- ACTION ITEM! Spiritual Bouquet for Bp. Morlino
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Garofolato!
- ASK FATHER: Cremains in funeral Mass, Traditional Requiem
- Pontifical Mass in Lake Charles. A brief and yet optimistic rant from Fr. Z.
- The last 10 minutes…
- 17 July 1794: “Permission to die, Mother?”
- 17 July 2018 – 100 years after
- Cobblestones, new vestments, and swag for Zed Heads
- More shallow, angry, cliché feminist rubbish from Fishwrap
- The demographics of church participation are shifting.
- ACTION ITEM! Urgent prayer request for a priest
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “St Swithin’s day if thou be fair…”
- What priests can – with credibility – do in marriage preparation
- French stones and soutanes
- US Association of Consecrated Virgins condemns confusing new rules from Holy See
- What could possibly go wrong?
- ¡Hagan lío! in Poland. Young, and raising hell…. correction… razing Hell.
- WDTPRS – 15th Ordinary Sunday: We can stray off the path to the right or to the left.
- 12 July: Sts. Louis Martin and Marie-Azélie Guérin
- Does “Beans” @MassimoFaggioli undermine ‘Humanae vitae’?
- ASK FATHER: Mom baptized my child in the bathtub
- INTERESTING UPDATE – Pope Francis phones Gianni Vattimo, philosopher of “weak thought”
- SSPX ELECTS NEW SUPERIOR GENERAL – UPDATED
- Ex ore infantium perfecisti laudem
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Category Archives: Ecclesiae unitatem
American Archbishop Augustine DiNoia, O.P., is moving from the Congregation for Divine Worship to be the Vice President of the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei“.
I am not sure where the present Secretary Msgr. Pozzo is going… or if he is … Continue reading
Msgr. Bux to SSPX: “Come take part in this blessed future in which we can already foresee dawn, despite the persistent darkness. “
Monsignor Nicola Bux, a consultor to the CDF and to the Office of Pontifical Ceremonies, etc., (originator of what I call the Bux Protocol – which every priest and bishop should remember that people may invoke!) has written a letter to … Continue reading
The nice people at the Fraternity of St. Peter’s offices sent me a copy of their Ordo.
I looked at the Angelus Press Ordo recently and posted about it.
My initial observations about the FSSP Ordo are a) the FSSP is in … Continue reading
Universae Ecclesiae 8 says that those who request Mass and the sacraments in the Extraordinary Form “must not in any way support or belong to groups which show themselves to be against the validity or legitimacy of the Holy Mass … Continue reading
On kreutz.net you will find a story, in German, about a video from the former superior of the SSPX Fr. Schmidberger thanking the Holy Father for the lifting of the excommunications of the four SSPX bishop. Fr. Schmidberger is now … Continue reading
The wonderful and persistent Anna Arco of The Catholic Herald has on her blog an interesting piece about SSPX Bishop Williamson.
Dinoscopus sleeps, eats and blogs: Williamson Redux
After months of sensible silence in the genteel exile of Wimbledon, Bishop Richard Williamson, … Continue reading
In an earlier report, we were given to believe that perhaps there would not be another meeting of the and CDF SSPX delegations for a while. However, Petrus has a bit of news in Italian.
The upshot is that i.Media reports … Continue reading
The always interesting Rorate as well as the experts of liturgical eye-candy NLM, not to mention the Italian site messainlatino.it all get my biretta tip for this. I share it here to make it known to a wider group of … Continue reading
Vatican begins dialogue with Society of St. Pius X
Vatican City, Oct 26, 2009 / 02:23 pm (CNA).- A meeting today between representatives of the Society of St. Pius X (SSPX) and officials from the Vatican identified the doctrinal differences … Continue reading
From the site of the Holy See Press Office, the papal spokesman Fr. Federico Lombardi, SJ has announced that the talks between the Holy See and the SSPX will begin on 26 October. They will take place at the Palazzo … Continue reading
It is not often that you have seen me write something like this, but in the new number of The Tablet, Robert Mickens has written a pretty fair blurb about the restructuring of the Pont. Comm. Ecclesia Dei.
Here is … Continue reading
My friend the nearly ubiquitous John L. Allen, normally fair-minded former Rome correspondent for the dissenting National Catholic Reporter has an article on the restructuring of the Pontifical Commission "Ecclesia Dei".
Let’s have a look with my emphases and comments.
Pope removes … Continue reading