- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…
... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- NBW said Fr. Rutler is spot on. Excellent post!
- Fr_Sotelo said In spite of the faults inherent in such studies an...
- Gratias said Calvarium is the medical term used for the fetal s...
- Mary Jane said Thank you Imrahil and David for your replies. I th...
- DisturbedMary said Ah the profound voice of a truly learned and holy...
- St. Epaphras said We would appreciate your prayers for a difficult m...
- David Rummelhoff said Just a note… I ought to have been clearer ab...
- Imrahil said Dear Mary Jane, I might write an answer to that...
- Mary Jane said Imrahil, singing louder over someone who is making...
- charo said I will pray for all of your intentions. I ask your...
- WmHesch said “Indulgentiarum doctrina”- norm 20 say...
- Suburbanbanshee said For an acquaintance who died suddenly, and for his...
- Zephyrinus1 said Dear Fr Z, It’s been a while since I’v...
- Mariana2 said Praying for all these intentions. Please pray for...
- Imrahil said Dear YoungLatinMassGuy, it isn’t, as those s...
- Matthew P. Schneider, LC said FYI: if you want a response from me, I may not che...
- Matthew P. Schneider, LC said FYI: I looked up Familiaris Consortio in Italian....
- Henry Edwards said “Yes it is possible to build beautiful churc...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said Me singing is outlawed by the US Constitution̵...
- Torpedo1 said Will pray for all intentions here. Please pray for...
- acardnal said Fr. Z, if you get the opportunity, visit Granddad...
- aviva meriam said In gratitude for two very pressing intentions, ans...
- The Masked Chicken said “Chicken: And… so?” Nothing, really....
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said I didn’t know that about the painting. Than
- Imrahil said I tend to be quite tolerant of #4 – after al...
- oldCatholigirl said Praying for all above (& you, too, of course,...
- boxerpaws1952 said our new parish is wonderful.I can’t get over...
- kimberley jean said Ksoomer, I’m sorry. That’s not what I...
- aquinasadmirer said There is another side altar there of St. Gianna Be...
- benedetta said I would greatly appreciate prayers for a personal...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- Fr. Terence Ryan, CSP, approves of lesbian marriages (53)
- Gallup Poll shows Pope Francis is not so “Laudato” these days (43)
- ASK FATHER: Hand clapping during TLM (34)
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – POWER! (30)
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS (29)
- Misquotation of St. John Paul II’s ‘Familaris consortio’ in ‘Instrumentum Laboris’ of upcoming Synod (24)
- Doing things “wrong” at Mass (23)
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes (13)
- Wherein a friend is promoted! (10)
- And the winner of The Most Meanfull Job is… (10)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Liberals – unmasked
- Day 1: Canon Law Conference (and a video message)
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: Gregorian Masses
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Doing things “wrong” at Mass
- And the winner of The Most Meanfull Job is…
- HUNGARY: Juventutem summer retreat
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – POWER!
- Fr. Terence Ryan, CSP, approves of lesbian marriages
- ASK FATHER: Hand clapping during TLM
- Friday Fun
- Misquotation of St. John Paul II’s ‘Familaris consortio’ in ‘Instrumentum Laboris’ of upcoming Synod
- WDTPRS – 17th Ordinary Sunday: Demon-Kevlar and Sin-Teflon
- WDTPRS – 9th Sunday after Pentecost: God, absolutely distant, absolutely near
- Gallup Poll shows Pope Francis is not so “Laudato” these days
- Wherein a friend is promoted!
- Happy 500th Birthday St. Philip Neri
- ASK FATHER: My husband abandoned me and our child
- Monthly donations: a request
- ASK FATHER: Use of Novus Ordo Collect in the TLM
- Yet another Planned Parenthood baby body parts video
- Signs in the Heavens: recent rare planetary and stellar conjunctions
- ASK FATHER: Many languages in one Mass
- ASK FATHER: Father says Mass in alb and stole
- Banning kneeling violates religious freedom
- QUAERITUR: Mass texts for St. Elijah, Old Testament Prophet
- Catholics can respectfully disagree with Pope Francis on economics
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: SUMMORUM PONTIFICUM
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I am dying and planning my funeral. I like the formulations in the old Latin funeral more than in the Novus Ordo. Can English translations of the old mass be substituted for parts of the new Mass? The … Continue reading
Here is something for your Brick By Brick file. From a priest in Oklahoma: In 2007 on September 14, the effective date of the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum, I offered my first Extraordinary Form Mass, as the priest for a … Continue reading
This morning I started in the Galleries of the Palace of the Doria Pamphilij. It has been years since my last visit. I got the audio guide, which was sprinkled through with charming accounts of family history by one of … Continue reading
I received word a few weeks ago about a move that was to be made in the Diocese of St. Petersburg in Florida, by the local bishop, to reduce the celebration of Holy Mass using the 1962 Missale Romanum. Now I … Continue reading
Is the revolution beginning? From Church Militant: Hundreds [!]of UK Priests Learn Ancient Rite of Mass Hundreds of priests in the United Kingdom gathered in the city of Bath in England last week to learn how to say the Traditional … Continue reading
I just received a copy of the recently reprinted Canon Missae ad usum Episcoporum ac Praelatorum pontificaliter vel non pontificaliter celebrantium, cui accedunt formulae variae e Pontificali Romano depromptae et cantus ad libitum – “Pontifical Canon” for short – done by … Continue reading
I look forward to the day when I might be able to celebrate a Sung or Solemn Mass for the TLM community in Hong Kong! I received this from a read in Hong Kong. The Bishop Emeritus, the mighty Joseph … Continue reading
There is an extract from a wide-ranging interview at L’homme nouveau in French with His Eminence Robert Card. Sarah, Prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments. He is rapidly rising on my list of favorite … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Is there a specific rule banning the use of the pre-55 holy week rites, and really the pre-55 missal as a whole? Or may a priest use it if he desires? Some say, and with good reason, that … Continue reading