Search Fr. Z’s Blog
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): I just finished Christus Vincit yesterday. It is indeed a very important book. If you haven’t got it…g et it. And read it.
- teomatteo: I suppose that one’ s bishop will signal if he is apart of the ‘int ernal papal schmatic churchR 17;. He will get promoted and move on and the rest of us pray for a...
- Ms. M-S: Okay, pray to Jupiter Pluvius, Great Mystery, even Vesuvius. Crank religion from trees Or wherever you please But its provenance still remains dubious. If only one knew how to stop This...
- mysticalrose: I am almost finished the book and it has done me so much spiritual good. We’ve been gaslighted for so long that you start to think that maybe we’re just… ;wrong. Christus Vincit...
- acardnal: Good stuff! Thank you.
- FrAnt: In the Indigenous Peoples 217; prayer, the word “Ear th” is capitalize d, and not proceeded by the determiner “the ” like what follows, “the waters, etc.. Is...
- SanSan: I’m currently finishing Cardinal Sarah̵ 7;s book and Bishop Schneider& #8217;s book. Both readings cannot be rushed. So much to meditate on. God bless all those Princes of the...
- FN: I just finished reading it. Wonderful book. I particular ly liked the parts about angels and Fatima. This should be read by all who care about Truth clearly and beautifull y expressed! Bishop...
- Dad of Six: Looking forward to the 2019 Call to Holiness Conference and Pontifical Mass (October 26th and 27th) with Cardinal Burke. Only eleven more days!
- Kevin: Wow! Three of the best Princes of the Church! And what are they wearing? Are they permitted to wear those in public? :) I just received Bishop Schneider& #8217;s book… ;as soon as I...
- Sue in soCal: Beautiful churches. Sad to see some do not appreciate the beauty of the churches or the beauty of reverent liturgy. Beautiful people. What a blessing to be at such a meeting with some...
- WVC: On the Prayer for Indigenous People, I am truly shocked! They didn’ ;t use the Oxford Comma? SCANDALOUS ! Honestly, aside from the depravity of all this stuff, the depressing thing is...
- jaykay: Have done so via UK link, following instructio ns to earmark etc. That poor Fr. Luigi was mistreated is saddening but not, of course, surprising . May he rest in peace̷ 0; and may the...
- Charivari Rob: I’ll stretch the “Vic tory” ; reference in a different direction and suggest a Churchill Martini. Sir Winston “lov ed Plymouth gin but he was not a fan of...
- Semper Gumby: Thank you Fr. Z for these travel logs, and well done to The Great Roman. As for pasta for dessert that must be Romanitas on full parade. My guess is that pepperoni oatmeal and a...
- philosophicallyfrank: There are no “ind igenous 221; people anywhere in the world and hasn’ ;t been since the Biblical “Gre at Flood̶ 1;. It is a term used now-a-day to...
- Johann: Father, I donated $20. I would have donated more but the exchange rate of the South African Rand and US Dollar is pretty dismal. I’m sorry.
- UncleBlobb: Thank you, Father Z., for sharing so much of your days in Rome. It’s wonderful.
- JonathanTX: Father, you may have explained this before, but when is the Ave Maria bell rung traditiona lly? Is it an astronomic al calculatio n based on the sun?
- FrAnt: Is it possible that the smoke of Satan has entered your washer? You know his smoke is everywhere in Rome these days.
- FrAnt: I will be in Rome next week, can I drop a donation at the church? Is there a box for the baptismal font?
- jjbulano: Unfortunat ely, the beautiful fresh fish reminded me of one of the early music videos – Fish Heads. Now it is stuck in my head.
- APX: The urn looks more like a 16th century chamber pot that was kept behind the curtain of dining rooms. Food for thought.
- Kathleen10: Sabotage! Well, I don’ t know but the timing is odd. Boy that pace of the Rosary would really keep you on your toes. And I love the masculine voices. The church needs more men to...
- mo7: Carbona makes several stain removers each for specific types of stains, they come in small yellow triangle shaped bottles. The ink and pencil stain remover works exceptiona lly well. [Back...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- PODCAzT 178: Fr. Weinandy and the possible “Internal Papal Schism”
- Bp. Schneider’s talk at the presentation of the book: Christus Vincit
- ROME DAY 12: Chapels Stupid and Stupendous, Important Book and Talks
- ACTION ITEM! Baptismal Font for Rome’s Traditional Parish – UPDATE
- ROME DAY 11: Butchers, Roman Rosary, and an Odd Dessert
- ROME DAY 10: Conference, Requiem and Guts
- ASK FATHER: When could priests wear casual attire?
- ROME DAY 9: Campo, Clams and a Canonization Sonnet
- ASK FATHER: How to protest, perhaps in Rome?
- ASK FATHER: Cocktail advice for Our Lady of Victory
- ROME DAY 8: Bridges, Inscriptions, Cheeses
- Mass for Benefactors ,11 Oct, and Requiem
- “Supertradmum” (Marie Dean): R.I.P.
- ROME DAY 7: Weird Amazon Stuff, Death and a Spatula
- The Holy See: Goat Rodeo
- #AmazonSynod, optional celibacy, divorced and remarried priests, and Amoris Laetitia
- ROME DAY 6: Twisty Tower, Tuna, and “Tini”
- “Amazon rite” proposed at Amazon Synod: more condescension to follow
- A priest opines on the effect of optional priestly celibacy
- Amazon Synod and deaconettes?
- ROME DAY 5: Marks, Medieval Lions, and Mussolini Trees
- #AmazonSynod -1st attack on the Priesthood: The Cassock
- INDULGENCE 1st Sunday of October – Supplication to O.L. of Pompeii
- ROME DAY 4: Carbonara, Caravaggio, altar idiocy
- ROME DAY 3: The Bones of Borgia Popes
- Freemasonic, Gnostic, Satanic influences, tactics
- ASK FATHER: How to “activate” or “invoke” the Sacrament of Confirmation?
- Mere days after meeting with Jesuit homosexualist, Francis witnesses pagan ceremony in garden
- ACTION ITEM! Fr. Z calls for prayer, fasting in defense of the Church
- UPDATE – BOOK LENGTH INTERVIEW with Bp. Athanasius Schneider
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Category Archives: TEOTWAWKI
What beautiful Faith there was once in France. So lovely was it, so early in our history was the Faith embraced, that France was called the Church’s Eldest Daughter. However, for decades now Europe – no, let’s say centuries, since … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Could you recommend 1-2 songs for all of us to memorize so, should we find ourselves being marched somewhere or on a plane in danger or any situation where we may be heading towards our death, … Continue reading
Let’s look at the Collect for the 32nd Ordinary Sunday, keeping that Sunday, 11 Nov 2018 – the 100th anniversary of Armistice Day – is Veterans Day (observed on Monday). DONATE to the Archdiocese for Military Services! Sunday’s Collect has an antecedent … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I am blessed to attend a beautiful Extraordinary Form Mass each Sunday, offered by devout, orthodox priests. I go to confession regularly and make every effort to lead a good Christian life. Yet, I struggle with … Continue reading
I’m a bit shell-shocked from the blast of information that is pouring forth. It took me 3 hours to triage my email. Thank you to everyone who have sent kind notes. Thank you to everyone who has sent links. Thank … Continue reading
This is a little offbeat. I need to blow off some My father sent an article, as fathers do. It is a riveting article about people who experience attacks by bears by using handguns. When you live in the north … Continue reading
From Rev. Mr. Kandra. Assailant attacks Byzantine priest, shouting ‘This is for all the kids!’ From my friend and brother deacon Daniel Dozier, who received this communication from the chancery of the Parma Eparchy: PRAYER REQUEST: Fr. Basil Hutsko was … Continue reading
From a reader…. QUAERITUR: Is it morally permissible for one to use lethal force in stopping a predator in a situation of abuse (i.e. in a seminary or elsewhere)? In my opinion, yes. Given that homosexual aggression can be also horrifically … Continue reading
I just finished an audio “course”, Living the French Revolution and the Age of Napoleon, from The Great Courses. US HERE – UK HERE There were some great insights in the 48 lectures. Among them, there was grist for the … Continue reading
This is… unsettling. From Express: China fires SIX WARNINGS to US Navy in South China Sea ‘This is China…LEAVE IMMEDIATELY’ THE Chinese military told a US Navy plane flying over the highly-disputed island in the South China Sea to “leave … Continue reading
I read this at Messa in Latino in Italian which I share in my translation: “… I went to the parish to go to confession. The confessor, in his sixties, asked me, “I’ve been here for almost five years but I … Continue reading
The other day I posted about how I feel these days, through a photo of a Solemn Mass being celebrated in the ruins of a church bombed in WW2. May I update? Here is how I still feel. Notice that … Continue reading
I saw a really interesting video at Jihad Watch. It is about the building of a mosque at the site of the super-important Battle of Tours, 25 October 732, where Charles “the Hammer” Martel routed the Islamic invaders. A mosque … Continue reading
We of the Tridentine Mass Society of the Diocese of Madison have posted some splendid photos of the 1st Solemn Mass of the new Fr. Peter Lee, ordained by the Extraordinary Ordinary, Bp. Robert C. Morlino for the aforementioned diocese. … Continue reading
This is interesting from the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald: Philippine Church resists calls to arm priests Church leaders in the Philippines criticised a proposal to arm priests as a protective measure in the wake of recent attacks … Continue reading